PDA

View Full Version : AC4 BF director says AC4 is about bring new ideas while keeping the old ideas intact.

catkiller97
05-03-2013, 01:53 AM
Assassin’s Creed IV director says Black Flag is about bring new ideas while keeping the old ideas intact

http://gamingeverything.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/Screen-Shot-2013-05-02-at-2.14.44-PM.png (http://gamingeverything.com/46910/assassins-creed-iv-director-says-black-flag-is-about-bring-new-ideas-while-keeping-the-old-ideas-intact/screen-shot-2013-05-02-at-2-14-44-pm/)

“I think we have proven that this franchise is relevant, and that it has a long way to go. Our job as developers of this new opus is to surprise players and bringing fresh, different ideas, while at the same time ensuring that what makes AC such a stand-out franchise remains intact.” “With the scale and scope of the world we are building, the completely new setting, the new gameplay mechanics, and our new characters (both our hero and his supporting cast), we are definitely on track to get the job done and avoid fatigue altogether.”

- AC4 creative director Jean Guesdon

Via VG247 (http://www.vg247.com/2013/05/02/assassins-creed-4-the-franchise-is-relevant-ubisoft-justifies-yearly-sequels/)

LoyalACFan
05-03-2013, 03:42 AM
As long as they keep dividing the work across many studios and deliver products that continue to be excellent year after year, I'm not bothered by the annual cycle. I think 2 years is a sufficient development cycle for an AC game, and it looks like that's what each new installment is going to get (Black Flag started development in 2011, next year's installment will have probably started in 2012, etc). The whole gripe with the annual release cycle began with Revelations, which was obviously unplanned and felt like a glorified expansion pack, even more so than Brotherhood. But as long as they actually plan their sequels several years in advance, they should be able to keep the quality up.

Sushiglutton
05-03-2013, 08:49 AM
I don't think AC3's problem was lack of new content. I hope Ubi also will go back and clean up the core mechanics some and expand upon them to make AC more enjoyable to actually play. Adding more mediocrity on top is perhaps not the best direction. But this is just a random quote. We have to wait and see.

LoyalACFan
05-03-2013, 10:44 AM
I don't think AC3's problem was lack of new content.

Indeed. If anything, it was weighed down by a bunch of unnecessary features (i.e. the underground, crafting, assassination contracts, recruits, fetch quests, courier assignments, the list goes on).

Sushiglutton
05-03-2013, 10:57 AM
Indeed. If anything, it was weighed down by a bunch of unnecessary features (i.e. the underground, crafting, assassination contracts, recruits, fetch quests, courier assignments, the list goes on).

Agree, AC3 was one of the most innovative sequels ever imo. I mean just compare with say Uncharted 3 (added a kick when on a ledge), or Mass Effect 3 (added some wapon customization) and it's clear AC3 was incredibly ambitious and took big risks (I'm being a bit unfair towards UC3 and ME3 ;) ). To call AC3 stale, or as an example of milking is not fair at all imo. The problem was kind of the opposite.

Spider_Sith9
05-03-2013, 11:19 AM
I don't wanna hear it unless you give me my Connor sequel and Modern and Jun games.

montagemik
05-03-2013, 12:29 PM
Assassin’s Creed IV director says Black Flag is about bring new ideas while keeping the old ideas intact

http://gamingeverything.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/Screen-Shot-2013-05-02-at-2.14.44-PM.png (http://gamingeverything.com/46910/assassins-creed-iv-director-says-black-flag-is-about-bring-new-ideas-while-keeping-the-old-ideas-intact/screen-shot-2013-05-02-at-2-14-44-pm/)

“I think we have proven that this franchise is relevant, and that it has a long way to go. Our job as developers of this new opus is to surprise players and bringing fresh, different ideas, while at the same time ensuring that what makes AC such a stand-out franchise remains intact.” “With the scale and scope of the world we are building, the completely new setting, the new gameplay mechanics, and our new characters (both our hero and his supporting cast), we are definitely on track to get the job done and avoid fatigue altogether.”

- AC4 creative director Jean Guesdon

Via VG247 (http://www.vg247.com/2013/05/02/assassins-creed-4-the-franchise-is-relevant-ubisoft-justifies-yearly-sequels/)

Surprise players & bringing 'Fresh Content' / different ideas .............................. LOL there aren't really many features that are 'Fresh & Different' in the AC series .
The creative directors seem fixated on copy/paste features/ abilities from other game series & elements from their favourite movies .
Maybe they'll finally add something unique to the AC series not copied from other games - This is game # 6 right ? :nonchalance:

pacmanate
05-03-2013, 12:50 PM
They can "Say" whatever they want. Doesn't mean it will happen.

ACfan443
05-03-2013, 04:33 PM
" and avoid fatigue altogether.”

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lsr1gykaRE1qhejhw.gif

silvermercy
05-03-2013, 05:03 PM
Here's some more articles and magazines released today/recently:

https://www.imagineshop.co.uk/media/catalog/product//g/t/gtm_134_cover-reduced.jpg
Taken from official site: http://www.gamestm.co.uk/

Also this:

AC4: Black Flag’s Naval Combat Will Provide An ‘Incredible Challenge’
by David Lynch

Assassin’s Creed IV: Black Flag is tweaking the AC formula, but can a pirate theme and naval combat really keep things interesting? AC4′s lead writer talks us through the changes…
AC4: Black Flag's Naval Combat Will Provide An 'Incredible Challenge'Welcome aboard…

Assassin’s Creed IV: Black Flag is making a few changes to the Assassin’s Creed formula.

Whether that’s a good thing or not will more than likely depend on what you thought about Assassin’s Creed III.

It’s hard to deny Black Flag’s pirate theme isn’t appealing, though, even if you ignore all the Assassin and Templar colouring we’ve come to expect of the series.

It’s a bold step away from what has been established in the series so far, and a good example of a yearly sequel not simply repackaging what came before, but just how much has really changed?

Well, Assassin’s Creed IV: Black Flags’ lead writer, Darby McDevitt, attest that the changes here will present players with the most challenging and engaging Assassin’s Creed yet, and that’s largely due to the way the naval combat improves the series’ often awkward fight system…

X360: How much can you realistically change things like the combat in Assassin’s Creed without getting too far away from the core experience players know and expect?

McDevitt: Because Assassin’s Creed’s melee combat has always tried to remain somewhat grounded and realistic, we have always dealt with the issue of ‘scaling’ the hero’s enemies; it’s just not possible to increase a human’s destructive power exponentially.

The Agile guards and the Brute guards remain human-sized, no matter what you do, so there is no good way to create a ‘boss’ character.

But with naval ships, the difference between a six-gun schooner and a 100-gun man-of-war is massive, and will provide players with incredible challenges.

For the first time in an AC game, there will be enemies you simply cannot defeat at the beginning of the game.

X360: The maritime setting looks to be quite a departure from the usual ‘urban’ settings and even ACIII’s more natural environments. Are you concerned at all about how this will sit with fans of the franchise?

McDevitt: We’re of the opinion that if we build something compelling and fun, then this end justifies our decision to depart from what is expected of us.

We see ourselves, first and foremost, as an action-stealth adventure brand based in historical settings, and this means that we will always tailor some of our mechanics and settings to suit the period we have chosen, and not the other way around.

If we picked historical settings based solely on existing mechanics, we would run out of options far more quickly.

X360: A return to open-ended assassinations sounds great. How much was this (and indeed all other aspects of the game) influenced by player and critic feedback?

McDevitt: This has been something we have always wanted to do, but it can be more difficult to pull off than it first appears.

AC4: Black Flag's Naval Combat Will Provide An 'Incredible Challenge'For one, open-ended assassinations usually require a huge investment in the level layout.

Second, with the accumulation of so many ranged weapons in the current AC games, it has made it difficult to create assassinations that can’t be “broken” by a long distance shot from a gun or bow.

Lastly, as our games have moved closer and closer to modern history, we have more documentation about how people died… and our games have always tried to respect these facts as closely as we think possible.

We knew we wanted to bring this aspect of AC back into ACIV. We picked our targets carefully and started planning them early so their designs could be as good as possible. We also picked targets where we could be a bit free with the manner of their death… well, in most cases.
http://www.x360magazine.com/games/assassins-creed-iv-black-flags-naval-combat-will-provide-an-incredible-challenge/

montagemik
05-03-2013, 05:21 PM
So apparently AC4 is gonna be awesome & so much better than anything before .....................Is the basic core of these exclusive interviews . Not heard those promises before .
I'm pleased they " always wanted to include open end assassinations" - strange how Connor having two pistols may have complicated certain opportunities for this ..............But Edward having FOUR isn't as problematic to this concept .

Footage is far more valuable than promises & words . But accurate footage always comes months after hype & promises.

ArabianFrost
05-03-2013, 06:30 PM
At this point, these articles serve no purpose but to generate hype. Seriously, was there any info provided by the articles? Everyone released their trailers that pave the road to E3, where's Assassin Creed's? Show footage to back your words not volatile promises, Ubisoft.

pacmanate
05-04-2013, 11:36 PM
Love how no one falls for marketing after AC3. Its good, shows we are smarter than to listen to everything they say anymore.

dxsxhxcx
05-05-2013, 12:14 AM
Love how no one falls for marketing after AC3. Its good, shows we are smarter than to listen to everything they say anymore.

now all we need is a significant drop in sales... :p

thecodeman715
05-05-2013, 01:57 AM
Agree, AC3 was one of the most innovative sequels ever imo. I mean just compare with say Uncharted 3 (added a kick when on a ledge), or Mass Effect 3 (added some wapon customization) and it's clear AC3 was incredibly ambitious and took big risks (I'm being a bit unfair towards UC3 and ME3 ;) ). To call AC3 stale, or as an example of milking is not fair at all imo. The problem was kind of the opposite.

I believe the most innovative sequels had to be either ME2 or AC2... All new game mechanics, WAY better graphics, yadayadayada

Assassin_M
05-05-2013, 02:11 AM
AC2... WAY better graphics
Uhhh....No

The Graphics in AC II are actually worse than AC I...

Megas_Doux
05-05-2013, 03:31 AM
Uhhh....No

By leaps and bounds!!!!!

Just because Venice and Florence are prettier than Acre, Damascus and Jerusalem, does not mean that the graphics are better. In fact, AC2/ACB´s facial animations look pretty Tomb Raider 2.......

LoyalACFan
05-05-2013, 06:07 AM
Uhhh....No

This. Although I can see why people remember it differently, since AC1 was mostly dusty and brown (rightly so) whereas II was a colorful and vibrant Italy at the height of the Renaissance. That, and it gave us more up-close views of the character models. AC1's camera was always kinda wonky in cutscenes.

Gi1t
05-05-2013, 06:31 AM

Such inspiring cynicism. :)

ProletariatPleb
05-05-2013, 06:40 AM
I believe the most innovative sequels had to be either ME2 or AC2... All new game mechanics, WAY better graphics, yadayadayada

Mass Effect 2:
RPG game changed to action with choices. - Downgrade
Linear compared to 1 - Downgrade.

And AC2 has the worst graphics of all the AC games. This is coming from a PC player and you can call us whatever, but we know our graphics :P

poptartz20
05-05-2013, 09:06 AM

Ehh... I wouldn't call them unnecessary features. ( In the end they did become this) but I think the were just undeveloped ideas to be honest. They got to ambitious for this title and just didn't tie all the loose ends together to make something that was fully cohesive in the end.

LoyalACFan
05-05-2013, 10:51 AM
Ehh... I wouldn't call them unnecessary features. ( In the end they did become this) but I think the were just undeveloped ideas to be honest. They got to ambitious for this title and just didn't tie all the loose ends together to make something that was fully cohesive in the end.

Well, in the end, the result is the same, no? Had they left out these features and added some more polish in other areas instead, I think AC3 would have been a better game for it.

jayjay275
05-05-2013, 11:39 AM
If they were going to do side missions at least do them correctly like the side missions in brotherhood.
I liked the Assassin missions in Revelations where you could actually connect to your assassins more.

pacmanate
05-05-2013, 01:14 PM
If they were going to do side missions at least do them correctly like the side missions in brotherhood.
I liked the Assassin missions in Revelations where you could actually connect to your assassins more.

I thought they were kind of cool, but at the same time kind of restrictive.

dxsxhxcx
05-05-2013, 01:32 PM

and unfortunately that's what we'll continue to get if they don't do anything about the yearly releases or stop being "too" ambitious (because there's no point in being ambitious if you won't have time to properly work in whatever you want to implement in the game), an example of this is the assassination contracts, something that (IMO) was almost perfect since AC2 being dumbed down the way it was in AC3 is unacceptable...

ProletariatPleb
05-05-2013, 01:38 PM
Ubisoft's yearly AC plan?

>Be ambitious
>State the new and ambitious things you are working on.
>Cut 80% of that 'ambition'
^Put 30% of that cut 'ambition' in the next game.
>???
>PROFIT!

Spider_Sith9
05-05-2013, 03:00 PM
Here's some more articles and magazines released today/recently:

https://www.imagineshop.co.uk/media/catalog/product//g/t/gtm_134_cover-reduced.jpg
Taken from official site: http://www.gamestm.co.uk/

Also this:

AC4: Black Flag’s Naval Combat Will Provide An ‘Incredible Challenge’
by David Lynch

Assassin’s Creed IV: Black Flag is tweaking the AC formula, but can a pirate theme and naval combat really keep things interesting? AC4′s lead writer talks us through the changes…
AC4: Black Flag's Naval Combat Will Provide An 'Incredible Challenge'Welcome aboard…

Assassin’s Creed IV: Black Flag is making a few changes to the Assassin’s Creed formula.

Whether that’s a good thing or not will more than likely depend on what you thought about Assassin’s Creed III.

It’s hard to deny Black Flag’s pirate theme isn’t appealing, though, even if you ignore all the Assassin and Templar colouring we’ve come to expect of the series.

It’s a bold step away from what has been established in the series so far, and a good example of a yearly sequel not simply repackaging what came before, but just how much has really changed?

Well, Assassin’s Creed IV: Black Flags’ lead writer, Darby McDevitt, attest that the changes here will present players with the most challenging and engaging Assassin’s Creed yet, and that’s largely due to the way the naval combat improves the series’ often awkward fight system…

X360: How much can you realistically change things like the combat in Assassin’s Creed without getting too far away from the core experience players know and expect?

McDevitt: Because Assassin’s Creed’s melee combat has always tried to remain somewhat grounded and realistic, we have always dealt with the issue of ‘scaling’ the hero’s enemies; it’s just not possible to increase a human’s destructive power exponentially.

The Agile guards and the Brute guards remain human-sized, no matter what you do, so there is no good way to create a ‘boss’ character.

But with naval ships, the difference between a six-gun schooner and a 100-gun man-of-war is massive, and will provide players with incredible challenges.

For the first time in an AC game, there will be enemies you simply cannot defeat at the beginning of the game.

X360: The maritime setting looks to be quite a departure from the usual ‘urban’ settings and even ACIII’s more natural environments. Are you concerned at all about how this will sit with fans of the franchise?

McDevitt: We’re of the opinion that if we build something compelling and fun, then this end justifies our decision to depart from what is expected of us.

We see ourselves, first and foremost, as an action-stealth adventure brand based in historical settings, and this means that we will always tailor some of our mechanics and settings to suit the period we have chosen, and not the other way around.

If we picked historical settings based solely on existing mechanics, we would run out of options far more quickly.

X360: A return to open-ended assassinations sounds great. How much was this (and indeed all other aspects of the game) influenced by player and critic feedback?

McDevitt: This has been something we have always wanted to do, but it can be more difficult to pull off than it first appears.

AC4: Black Flag's Naval Combat Will Provide An 'Incredible Challenge'For one, open-ended assassinations usually require a huge investment in the level layout.

Second, with the accumulation of so many ranged weapons in the current AC games, it has made it difficult to create assassinations that can’t be “broken” by a long distance shot from a gun or bow.

Lastly, as our games have moved closer and closer to modern history, we have more documentation about how people died… and our games have always tried to respect these facts as closely as we think possible.

We knew we wanted to bring this aspect of AC back into ACIV. We picked our targets carefully and started planning them early so their designs could be as good as possible. We also picked targets where we could be a bit free with the manner of their death… well, in most cases.
http://www.x360magazine.com/games/assassins-creed-iv-black-flags-naval-combat-will-provide-an-incredible-challenge/
Better not be stupid hard like the optionals in AC3

AssassinHMS
05-05-2013, 03:39 PM

They are underdeveloped because the devs care more about the huge things like naval battles, because the devs prefer to make a game that aims at everything and acomplishes little rather than a game that aims at the target it's supposed to and acomplishes a lot, so that it sells more. Remember the videos in AC2 that played before a main assassination, the cities in AC2 and ACB that were filled with mystery due to the glyphs, the assassin tombs or lairs and due to the atmosphere? Those little things are replaced by crafting, naval missions, courier assignments and fetch quests. Even if the devs were able to tie the loose ends and make a cohesive experience it wouldn't be nearly as good because the soul of Assassin's Creed isn't there.
They weren't simply ambitious they were mercenaries.

They didn't even try to make an assassin's creed game or else we would've notice the effort while playing it. There was nothing in AC3 that suggested they wanted to make an assassin's creed game. The missions were scripted and all about action and big battles. The game's goal was killing redcoats and fighting enemies, no stealth, no assassinations. No atmosphere, no mysteries and no conspiracies. No freedom whatsoever, no planning and no intelligence required to play the game.
Despite this, AC3 sold 12 million copies but only because of misleading advertising and due to the franchise's name.

AC4's drector says the game will keep the old ideas intact however the trailers show otherwise. So far i've seen many explosions and ships but only one actual assassination and AC4's cover art is like AC3's, lots of weapons but no actual display of the hidden blade. Maybe AC4 will prove me wrong but if AC3 tought me anything is that nothing is true in AC propaganda and everything is permited for the devs.

Soulid_Snake
05-05-2013, 06:58 PM
Uhhh....No

https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS3T5OFORPcfzuE87UeZhr_YD1PpDQLU HK0zshFO_zH1P_bgdk9Yg
"You can not be serious!"

ProletariatPleb
05-05-2013, 07:01 PM
https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS3T5OFORPcfzuE87UeZhr_YD1PpDQLU HK0zshFO_zH1P_bgdk9Yg
He is and they are worse, and horribly low-poly. Ezio is FLAT.

ACfan443
05-05-2013, 07:08 PM

I also think AC1's graphics are superior to AC2's. Everything looked much more realistic. However, if I recall, there was a discussion between M and (yourself? Can't remember) and he mentioned that AC2 actually had a higher poly count than AC1, but it was the lighting which affected the overall appearance

ProletariatPleb
05-05-2013, 07:15 PM
I also think AC1's graphics are superior to AC2's. Everything looked much more realistic. However, if I recall, there was a discussion between M and (yourself? Can't remember) and he mentioned that AC2 actually had a higher poly count than AC1, but it was the lighting which affected the overall appearance
You remember right, ser however not completely, overall AC2 is low-poly. AC1 was low-poly as well, but let's just say it's a difference of scale and size, quantity if you will. Plus AC2 was 2009/10, and graphics by then changed substantially and for a 2007 game AC1 looks very good.

ACfan443
05-05-2013, 07:23 PM
You remember right, ser however not completely, overall AC2 is low-poly. AC1 was low-poly as well, but let's just say it's a difference of scale and size, quantity if you will. Plus AC2 was 2009/10, and graphics by then changed substantially and for a 2007 game AC1 looks very good.

That's true, I remember back when it was released how mind blowingly amazing it looked. Why they went for a cartoony feel for AC2 I have no idea..

projectpat06
05-05-2013, 08:39 PM
everythi
I'd say infamous 2 and Ac3 were the most innovative sequels I've seen. Arkham City comes in a close second. There a lot of the same stuff from the first game, but everything was expanded upon and done correctly. Much larger map, more playable characters, new gadgets, old gadgets expanded, more combat options, more diverse boss battles, new means of travel

Megas_Doux
05-05-2013, 08:48 PM

FANBOYS..........

Compare AC2´s facial animations and overall NPC´s with the ones seing on the previous game, some of them look very "tomb Raider 2"......

lothario-da-be
05-05-2013, 09:08 PM
All of this is bla bla bla, don't believe anything they say and be critical about what you see.

Sushiglutton
05-05-2013, 10:17 PM
Ubisoft's yearly AC plan?

>Be ambitious
>State the new and ambitious things you are working on.
>Cut 80% of that 'ambition'
^Put 30% of that cut 'ambition' in the next game.
>???
>PROFIT!

I don't agree with this. To me it seems like the vast majority of the things Ubi planned for the AC3 ended up in the game. I actually think the problem is the opposite. They should cut more of the content that isn't up to scratch. For example freemason's puzzles, assassination contracts, Haytham bossfight, directing troops, send assassins abroad etc. These are some really low quality moments/mechanics that drags the experience down. I wish they used the scissors more generously.

shobhit7777777
05-05-2013, 10:22 PM
I don't agree with this. To me it seems like the vast majority of the things Ubi planned for the AC3 ended up in the game. I actually think the problem is the opposite. They should cut more of the content that isn't up to scratch. For example freemason's puzzles, assassination contracts, Haytham bossfight, directing troops, send assassins abroad etc. These are some really low quality moments/mechanics that drags the experience down. I wish they used the scissors more generously.

YupjimminnybooglediggityYES!!

AC is so bloated right now that a Ronald McDonald cameo would not seem out of place in AC5

AC, do some cardio, get lean...get mean again. You were a sleek ninja slicing up high concept gameplay...now...well...now you're turning into a bloated WWE over-the-hill "wrestler"....slowly but surely

I see you grasping for brilliance now and again....but your damn love handles and thunder thighs keep pulling you down.

Lose the junk in the trunk and get back to the high-speed low-drag ways plz :)

*flies away on a fire breathing bat*

Sushiglutton
05-05-2013, 10:25 PM
YupjimminnybooglediggityYES!!

AC is so bloated right now that a Ronald McDonald cameo would not seem out of place in AC5

AC, do some cardio, get lean...get mean again. You were a sleek ninja slicing up high concept gameplay...now...well...now you're turning into a bloated WWE over-the-hill "wrestler"....slowly but surely

I see you grasping for brilliance now and again....but your damn love handles and thunder thighs keep pulling you down.

Lose the junk in the trunk and get back to the high-speed low-drag ways plz :)

*flies away on a fire breathing bat*

AC4 should end with Edward meeting Ronald McDonald who helps him grow from an immature ladies man, into a soliod middle-aged guy with a burger belly ;)!

ProletariatPleb
05-05-2013, 10:44 PM
What my dear friend shobit said, AC is about everything except assassination now. They want to create 'epic cinematic experience' and not a game about assassination, they want it to grow far and wide in every possible market instead of maintaining a core value, something unique about it.

pacmanate
05-05-2013, 10:51 PM
The problem with AC3 was the story. I thought everything else was fine.

Megas_Doux
05-05-2013, 10:52 PM
What my dear friend shobit said, AC is about everything except assassination now. They want to create 'epic cinematic experience' and not a game about assassination, they want it to grow far and wide in every possible market instead of maintaining a core value, something unique about it.

I think some "cinematic experiences" are needed...But yes!!!! I hope, the less linear mission design comes back, I really do.

Edit to pacmanate! AC3 has my favorite story, but the mission design was weak, some of the cool new additions were NOT well used!

Locopells
05-06-2013, 09:26 AM
Why don't we just wait and see what ACB:BF delivers, rather then being so cynical about it all (and this is coming from a complete and utter cynical b*stard)? If they do what they say, and return to old values whilst keeping the epic, all well and good. If not...

Legendz54
05-06-2013, 10:24 AM
^ that... so much negativity about everything, people need to chill and wait, its almost like people be negative just to get attention.. im over it.

jayjay275
05-06-2013, 12:44 PM
We should wait till E3 or maybe the launch day. Don't want to have so much hype and it lead to a disappointment like AC3 did. Not that it was bad, but there was far too much hype. If there wasn't as much hype it would've felt better, imo.

roostersrule2
05-06-2013, 12:49 PM
We should wait till E3 or maybe the launch day. Don't want to have so much hype and it lead to a disappointment like AC3 did. Not that it was bad, but there was far too much hype. If there wasn't as much hype it would've felt better, imo.Indeed, that's why to me this one can't fail really, as I have so little hype for it.

jayjay275
05-06-2013, 12:53 PM
Indeed, that's why to me this one can't fail really, as I have so little hype for it.

Exactly. Although I want to hype up for it, I mustn't, because of the way AC3 turned out.

roostersrule2
05-06-2013, 12:55 PM
Exactly. Although I want to hype up for it, I mustn't, because of the way AC3 turned out.I like it actually, makes the wait more bearable, but GTA V's wait is making waiting hard enough.

jayjay275
05-06-2013, 01:44 PM
I like it actually, makes the wait more bearable, but GTA V's wait is making waiting hard enough.

I can say the same about the PS4.

roostersrule2
05-06-2013, 01:50 PM
I can say the same about the PS4.I can say the same of Charles Lee.

jayjay275
05-06-2013, 02:07 PM
I can say the same of Charles Lee.

Lol. :P

AssassinHMS
05-06-2013, 06:04 PM
We should wait till E3 or maybe the launch day. Don't want to have so much hype and it lead to a disappointment like AC3 did. Not that it was bad, but there was far too much hype. If there wasn't as much hype it would've felt better, imo.

Hype was the least of AC3's problems. AC3 wasn't a bad game but it was an awful Assassin's Creed game.

lothario-da-be
05-06-2013, 06:08 PM
Hype was the least of AC3's problems. AC3 wasn't a bad game but it was an awful Assassin's Creed game.
this, and by what we have seen so far from ac4 its the same, awesome pirate game, bad assassin game.

TinyTemplar
05-06-2013, 06:16 PM

Wait a second, I've never learned so much about assassins as I learned in AC3. So you're not right.

lothario-da-be
05-06-2013, 06:18 PM
Wait a second, I've never learned so much about assassins as I learned in AC3. So you're not right.
much? where?

AssassinHMS
05-06-2013, 08:07 PM
much? where?

I also don't know where he learned about assassins in AC3. In the (painful to read) database? Well at least I know where he didn't: in the frontier, that place was so empty and deserted I even had mirages...

Soulid_Snake
05-07-2013, 12:00 AM

The poly count is negligible.

Over its predecessor, AC2 had improved on alot of stuff:

- Textures didn't look as washed out.
- Better surface types including metallic and glass.
- Better environmental effects, smoke, dust, fluid simulation(dripping off clothes,and waters flowing), real strands of grass, reflections.
- Better dynamic lighting, for example, Ezio's leather cape mildly shimmers, even more so when he has come out of water.
- Better modelling for architecture.
- No screen tear.
- Minor framerate dips.
- I think the animation uses some kind of motion blur.

This is whilst playing it on console.

SixKeys
05-07-2013, 01:47 AM
The poly count is negligible.

Over its predecessor, AC2 had improved on alot of stuff:

- Textures didn't look as washed out.

If you're talking about the colors, AC1 was like that on purpose and I prefer it over the more vibrant, cartoony look of AC2.

- Better environmental effects, smoke, dust, fluid simulation(dripping off clothes,and waters flowing), real strands of grass, reflections.

Disagree. AC1 had better dust, smoke and blood effects. Fluid simulation can't be compared since AC1 didn't allow swimming. The water looked fine in its normal state. Not sure about reflections as I think most buildings didn't have glass windows in AC1.

- Better dynamic lighting, for example, Ezio's leather cape mildly shimmers, even more so when he has come out of water.

Sure, after swimming the effect was fine, but the shimmer was also unrealistic. Everything looked shiny, even faces and clothes textures which normally don't shine (like woollen materials).

- No screen tear.
- Minor framerate dips.

AC1 runs outstandingly on my PC, no framerate drops or screentearing whatsoever. AC2 runs smoothly as well, but with slightly lesser performance. AC2 inevitably has more screentearing because it has more cinematic cut scenes, but also during normal gameplay. Maybe it's the bigger crowds or scope of the maps that causes more issues, I don't know. In AC1 I've never had NPCs pop in and out of existence in the middle of the street, in later games this happens all the time (especially AC3).

The only things I think AC2 improved on graphically were the additional animations (for Ezio as well as NPCs - AC1's NPCs are really monotone by comparison) and facial expressions in cut scenes.

TinyTemplar
05-08-2013, 11:08 AM
much? where?

I also don't know where he learned about assassins in AC3. In the (painful to read) database? Well at least I know where he didn't: in the frontier, that place was so empty and deserted I even had mirages...

Well, present-time story told me much. Also assassin's participation in revolution told me much. And facts about Connor and his father, another assassins (also recruts), I learned that there was a good man Achilles Davenport among them. All this revealed to me much about assassins and templars conflict, that it's not a simple fight between light and darkness it's something more. Story itself was actually good, for the first time it made me research information outside the game, on forums, different sites etc. And this all about assassins, their philosophy, how it changed through the time, how different people understand it. Altair was the wisest, I don't deny that, but all protagonists had completely different life experience and it's interesting to see how differently they interprete Altair's legacy.