PDA

View Full Version : This is ridiculous.

AngeDechu2
05-02-2013, 04:59 AM
The game, on PC Steam, keep crashing after 45 seconds.

And this is when I'm fortunate.

After eleven attempts on making it work, I gave up and uninstalled it. You got my 15$, for a game that did not lasted even 1 minute for me

I hope you are proud of yourselves.

Ubi-MoshiMoshi
05-02-2013, 02:02 PM
Hi, please ensure you open a ticket with Technical Support, the link is in my signature.

psve
05-02-2013, 06:27 PM
Care to comment on the equally problematic technical deficiencies of negative mouse acceleration and the game not saving?

EvilPixieGrrr
05-02-2013, 07:37 PM
That's something that Support (https://support.ubi.com/en-US/) should be contacted for as well. I'm very sorry you're having trouble with the game.

Thanks.

AlmightyBub
05-02-2013, 09:06 PM
I've been waiting since yesterday for support to get back to me. They seem a lot quicker to tell people to contact support than to actually GIVE them support.

EvilPixieGrrr
05-03-2013, 02:08 AM
Support usually takes 24-48 hours to reply. If you don't get a reply from them after 48 hours then please PM me your ticket number and I'lll see what I can do. Forum Managers and Moderators aren't tech support staff, any tech help we offer - if any - will be very limited.

AlmightyBub
05-03-2013, 02:29 AM
It's cool that I had to wait 16 hours for a generic auto reply. Now I'm still waiting for a reply to THAT. Great launch support you got here. It's day 2 and I can't play the game yet.

AlmightyBub
05-03-2013, 09:49 PM
17 hours since auto reply and nothing.

AlmightyBub
05-04-2013, 03:34 AM
24 hours now, that's 3 days of not being able to play.

Ubi-MoshiMoshi
05-04-2013, 11:45 AM
Hi, did you PM your ticket number as asked? we can investigate this for you but not unless we have your ticket number.

AlmightyBub
05-05-2013, 01:54 PM
Uh, yeah I have, and I'm still waiting. It's been 3 days now since the last response.

hydrallus
05-05-2013, 08:19 PM
Hi, please ensure you open a ticket with Technical Support, the link is in my signature.

About that. Are we supposed to just "ask a question" or something? I want to call tech support on your tech support because it isn't very easy to open a claim looking at that page and then deciding what game to click (because this one is apparently not supported).

AlmightyBub
05-06-2013, 02:49 PM
I'm STILL waiting. Haven't heard anything since Thursday. Are you sure you actually HAVE a support department?

EvilPixieGrrr
05-06-2013, 06:03 PM
I didn't get a PM with a ticket number, I'm not sure who you sent it to.

Please PM me with your ticket number so I can help you out further.

AlmightyBub
05-06-2013, 09:21 PM
Cool I waited since thursday and the first new reply I get asks me to do something I've already POSTED SCREENSHOT PROOF OF DOING in the notes of the ticket.

AlmightyBub
05-06-2013, 11:16 PM
So far support works exactly as much as the game does for me.

sabbon1138
05-07-2013, 08:44 PM
So far support works exactly as much as the game does for me.

Hey buddy. You certainly aren't alone. A fair few members on Steam are also having the same problem, and we've all got about as far as you have with Ubisoft/Steam support. See the thread here for an accurate summary:

http://steamcommunity.com/app/233270/discussions/0/810923580540175720/

We really need an official response on this.

AlmightyBub
05-07-2013, 11:47 PM
Hey buddy. You certainly aren't alone. A fair few members on Steam are also having the same problem, and we've all got about as far as you have with Ubisoft/Steam support. See the thread here for an accurate summary:

http://steamcommunity.com/app/233270/discussions/0/810923580540175720/

We really need an official response on this.

This is official enough for me https://twitter.com/UbisoftSupport/status/331768002318065664 they don't know ANYTHING about what's going on.

charlesot8
05-08-2013, 02:50 AM
I hope you are proud of yourselves.http://gawab.anvtech.com/4.jpg

sabbon1138
05-08-2013, 11:19 AM
I hope you are proud of yourselves.http://gawab.anvtech.com/4.jpg

For complaining in a completely reasonable fashion about a game I paid for 3 weeks ago and still cannot access? Yes, I am. I intend not to waste ten pounds as that's quite a lot of money for me at the moment.

AlmightyBub
05-08-2013, 04:46 PM
As far as I can tell they've completely abandoned the game. Ship it and forget it.

MeridianNova
05-08-2013, 11:06 PM
I doubt they've completely ignored it. There's raising concern about things but you guys are going a bit too far. Stop literally whining and screaming over this, it's not THAT big of a deal.

AlmightyBub
05-09-2013, 11:45 PM
Day 9. No end in sight. Haven't heard anything from support in a LONG time. Game is abandoned.

AlmightyBub
05-09-2013, 11:55 PM
Oh what's this? I happen to notice the TINY text at the top of the forums that tells me I have some PMs. And that's how I find out that updating your ticket puts it at the back of the queue. Guess I shouldn't have done all that troubleshooting. Or bought this game. Lesson learned. Ubisoft is too stupid to operate a ticket queue. No wonder the game doesn't work.

AlmightyBub
05-10-2013, 12:32 AM
I have officially given up hope of ever being able to play the game.

BWX232
05-10-2013, 08:14 AM

Wait, what did support say?

UBI-NuStiuJuca
05-10-2013, 12:27 PM

Whats your problem actually? :/ (and don't say īt's not working") details young padawan :D Also.. what specs you have on your PC?

Mr_Shade
05-10-2013, 01:18 PM
please send me your support ticket reference - and I will get someone to contact you directly.

I am not sure if you messaged anyone else with the number, since i have been off work for a week with a broken hand, so please forgive me repeating what has already been asked.

You should have had some direct contact by now, not just automated replies - and updating your ticket - does not normally push it to the end of the queue.

ubast
05-10-2013, 01:31 PM
I pirated the game, fell in love. It was like heroes III all over again. So I ran out and bought it. Now the game lags and crashes all the time. i7-920 with solid state, GTX TITIAN. I did a full uninstall and reinstall and lost all my progress and I even promoted the game. Because of that 4 other people bought it. The game is pretty broken... THIS IS A NEW RELEASE OF AN OLD PRODUCT! WHAT GIVES?

Mr_Shade
05-10-2013, 03:38 PM
I pirated the game, fell in love. It was like heroes III all over again. So I ran out and bought it. Now the game lags and crashes all the time. i7-920 with solid state, GTX TITIAN. I did a full uninstall and reinstall and lost all my progress and I even promoted the game. Because of that 4 other people bought it. The game is pretty broken... THIS IS A NEW RELEASE OF AN OLD PRODUCT! WHAT GIVES?

If you have issues running the game, and you have updated your drivers - please contact support.

Make sure you have your proof of purchase etc ready.

www.support.ubi.com (http://www.support.ubi.com)

AlmightyBub
05-10-2013, 05:50 PM
Whats your problem actually? :/ (and don't say īt's not working") details young padawan :D Also.. what specs you have on your PC?

I've got the superfun 50 invalid files bug!

AlmightyBub
05-10-2013, 05:54 PM
please send me your support ticket reference - and I will get someone to contact you directly.

I am not sure if you messaged anyone else with the number, since i have been off work for a week with a broken hand, so please forgive me repeating what has already been asked.

You should have had some direct contact by now, not just automated replies - and updating your ticket - does not normally push it to the end of the queue.

I've sent it to: 2 mods, the facebook support account AND the twitter support account. And it was a mod here that told me to stop updating the ticket so much because it sends it to the back of the queue. Guess I shouldn't ever try to help troubleshoot!

AlmightyBub
05-10-2013, 05:54 PM
Also, it is now day 10!

FinchysDags
05-11-2013, 12:37 AM
Also, it is now day 10!

Day 10 I'm afraid is actually not a very long time compared to the months we have been waiting for FC3 to be fixed. One ticket I raised with Ubisoft Support has been with them since 10th February. 3 months on and we are no closer to even knowing whether the Dev team have even looked in to it.

I'm sorry but it doesn't surprise me in the slightest there are issues with Blood Dragon. As the Devs have appeared to let FC3 die a death, there was no chance of me even being remotely tempted to buy Blood Dragon, not when we've suffered the agony since FC3's release. If only a few of the main issues were resolved, it would be some kind of relief. As it stands Ubisoft now have very unhappy customers for FC3 and Blood Dragon. The issues are mounting.

If its one thing I've learnt from this thread, its to open a Twitter account and get all these issues out there to be discussed.

AlmightyBub
05-11-2013, 01:07 AM
Oh I've been doing that on twitter but it's making all my friends mad at me for crapping up their feeds.

AlmightyBub
05-11-2013, 01:14 AM
Is anything AT ALL being done to fix this game or are you just jerking me around so I don't get a refund. Because at this point I don't think I even want to play the game anymore.

Leivan
05-11-2013, 02:00 AM
I am having the exact same problems. I pre-ordered this game via Steam, downloaded it shortly after release. Upon launching, the cut scenes run ridiculously slowly (30 seconds between "scenes"). When I get into the game properly, I crash out somewhere during the tutorial every time.

When I use Steam's local file integrity check, I get the message that "50 files failed to validate" and proceed to re-download about 2.3GB of data. Of course, this does nothing at all, because re-checking results in the same 50 files being invalid. Restarting Steam before or after the download does nothing. My video drivers are the latest release, but clearly they are not the issue here, since there is no way they could cause Steam to fail a validation check like this over and over.

I have paid for this game in good faith that I would actually be able to play it. I would like a solution to this ASAP, but Steam support took 3 days to respond and even then just copy-pasted a generic "why don't you try verifying your game cache?" reply. If I file a support ticket with yourselves, will it get a decent response? Because from the looks of this thread, it doesn't look like it will.

Here's the thread (http://steamcommunity.com/app/233270/discussions/0/810923580540175720/) over on the Steam Community forums where they're discussing this very issue and having no luck in resolving it. Please wake up, Ubisoft, and realise that this is a big issue that is affecting a lot of people who have PAID for your game and cannot play.

AlmightyBub
05-11-2013, 02:14 AM
Let me just say that Steam and Ubisoft are battling to see who has worse support but PLEASE put in a ticket. The more people that complain the harder it is to ignore.

Leivan
05-11-2013, 02:23 AM
Let me just say that Steam and Ubisoft are battling to see who has worse support but PLEASE put in a ticket. The more people that complain the harder it is to ignore.

No prob; just filed a ticket. Made sure to emphasise the fact that they have my money, but I don't have a working product. I remember when Ubisoft used to be good. :(

FinchysDags
05-11-2013, 03:53 PM
Oh I've been doing that on twitter but it's making all my friends mad at me for crapping up their feeds.

Its a small price to pay for what ultimately is a necessary step to creating awareness of these issues. The longer the issues are kept internally and only within Ubisoft forums, the longer the issues drag on and seemingly Ubisoft get away with it.

AlmightyBub
05-11-2013, 06:00 PM
Dawn of day 11

Leivan
05-13-2013, 06:24 PM
Got a reply from Ubisoft; they're asking me to send them DxDiag and Msinfo32 files. Because the problem is clearly with my PC and not with their files.

Think this is day 13.

Mr_Shade
05-14-2013, 09:08 PM
Got a reply from Ubisoft; they're asking me to send them DxDiag and Msinfo32 files. Because the problem is clearly with my PC and not with their files.

Think this is day 13.

That's is something they will always ask for to check - since sometimes it is a fault with drivers or set ups - so they need to check to be sure.

If they didn't check, then it could slow down any troubleshooting.

Even if you are 100% sure your system is OK - you should give them as much information as they require - since it's vital they know for themselves.

In the past others have said there are no problems - later to reveal a sound driver mis match etc - so they do check now.

It's also worth checking carefully if they have been waiting on other info too - since some people forget to check and wonder why it's taking so long.

Leivan
05-16-2013, 06:18 PM
Replied to their enquiry on the evening of the 13th (5:15pm UK time); haven't received anything back from them.

This is excellent support. Well over two weeks now that I haven't been able to play this game.

AlmightyBub
05-17-2013, 08:27 PM
Yep, still nothing over here.

AlmightyBub
05-18-2013, 03:59 PM
Valve just told me they are refusing to issue refunds for the game. I didn't even ask for one, but I guess it's their way of saying it won't be fixed, deal with it.

Leivan
05-20-2013, 09:44 PM
Still nothing. It's getting to the point where I am seriously considering creating a ticket for every single day that I don't get seen to, keeping a running total and linking to every previous ticket, until they finally listen. Day 20 and I'm still no closer to being able to play a game that I have paid for and have absolutely no way of getting refunded.

What is their excuse? What possible reason could there be for this long of a delay? The thread title is really living up to its name.

Leivan
05-22-2013, 09:16 PM
Finally get a response and it's a load of nonsense. "Try validating the files in SAFE MODE WITH NETWORKING!" say Ubisoft. Are they idiots?

I'll let you guess if it made any difference or not. Now I get to wait another week before being told to do some other useless troubleshooting step.

AlmightyBub
05-23-2013, 12:22 AM
Today is 3 weeks. Steam just refunded me. Hope you guys can get it working but I can't wait that long.

Leivan
06-04-2013, 06:51 PM
Officially over a month since this problem began and I'm still no closer to getting this issue resolved. I've JUST been passed on to a "second level support" team, who suggested that I reduce my video quality settings.

Did they not READ my question?! The files fail to validate! There is something fundamentally WRONG with what is being sent / loaded on my PC, which has NOTHING to do with my graphics settings.

Ubisoft really are demonstrating that they have some of the worst customer support on the planet.

UbiVolfbane
06-04-2013, 08:45 PM
If you are still having this issue, at this time all I can have you do is to continue to work with steam and the Support team to get this issue resolved. You may try uninstalling and reinstalling the game and steam client. Again, I do apologize for the inconvenience but ask that you continue to work with the teams via Email.

SeekinSomethin
06-27-2013, 08:53 AM
The game DOES save. It saves at specific points unless you do so yourself. This is assuming your past the first "section"

SeekinSomethin
06-27-2013, 08:54 AM

Think this is day 13.

Well, isn't it possible?

SeekinSomethin
06-27-2013, 08:57 AM
double post. My apologies.

SeekinSomethin
06-27-2013, 08:58 AM
Officially over a month since this problem began and I'm still no closer to getting this issue resolved. I've JUST been passed on to a "second level support" team, who suggested that I reduce my video quality settings.

Did they not READ my question?! The files fail to validate! There is something fundamentally WRONG with what is being sent / loaded on my PC, which has NOTHING to do with my graphics settings.

Ubisoft really are demonstrating that they have some of the worst customer support on the planet.

Looks like your not coming back and maybe you solved your issue but it is not like everyone is having your issue. Lots of people are playing the game. Why does everyone act as if their problem is the average experience of the average user?

AlmightyBub
07-02-2013, 05:22 PM
Why does everyone think all problems should be ignored?

Leivan
07-20-2013, 08:21 PM
Looks like your not coming back and maybe you solved your issue but it is not like everyone is having your issue. Lots of people are playing the game. Why does everyone act as if their problem is the average experience of the average user?

I didn't ask for your opinion. Neither was I acting as though this was a common issue, because if it was, UbiSoft would certainly be scrabbling around trying to fix it. What I am saying is that UbiSoft are providing me with absolutely terrible customer service.

Just FYI, they STILL haven't fixed this issue for me. I have been constantly updating my ticket, but they take weeks to reply. When they DO get back to me, it's just more of the same crap: "Oh how about you try turning down your graphics settings or speaking to Steam?" -- they don't actually read the tickets I've already sent. None of them are asking the right questions. I've offered to send them MD5 hashes for my files to see if they can verify that they don't match up with known-good ones, but they completely ignore this.

I've lost track of how long it's been since I bought this game, and I've still not been able to play it more than 10 minutes without it completely dying on me. What an absolute disgrace.

Leivan
07-31-2013, 08:27 PM
And now they've basically said "Welp, seems like this is a Steam problem, go bother them." I contacted Steam well before I ever spoke to Ubisoft, so they didn't even bother to read my previous replies.

I have lost what little faith remained in Ubisoft's Technical Support team. I've asked for the issue to be escalated to a manager or supervisor, because this is beyond ridiculous.

Cory563
08-13-2013, 04:44 AM
I have had that same problem. I down loaded the steam version and it crashed every 15 minutes.
So I went and bought a hard copy from Walmart. Now the game crashes every hour or so. There is a problem
with the game. I'm wondering if there is some patch floating around out there somewhere that will fix this ???.

BWX232
08-15-2013, 04:57 AM
I have had that same problem. I down loaded the steam version and it crashed every 15 minutes.
So I went and bought a hard copy from Walmart. Now the game crashes every hour or so. There is a problem
with the game. I'm wondering if there is some patch floating around out there somewhere that will fix this ???.

I don't see how your PC crashing is a problem with the program when many, many, many, many, people do not have that issue, and if they do, it is only on very, very, very, few occasions.

PC crashing is usually attributed to excess heat (CPU or GPU), or overclocked components (any in PC), or incorrect PC BIOS settings, or some combination of those.