PDA

View Full Version : Slow cinematics

MrPadofPaper
05-02-2013, 12:18 AM
I have no issues loading the game, but my issue is that the game cinematics take forever to switch from one to another. The "scene" stays the same for 30 seconds after the dialogue has been said, and then it loads the next "image" then it goes through the new dialogue and takes another 30 seconds before loading the next one. At first, I thought it was part of the game style, but I got annoyed and youtubed the intro scene, and the scenes on youtube are well synced, so I have no clue what's going on...

cyanidhogg
05-02-2013, 10:51 AM
I have the exact same problem. Curiously, the music also disappears from the intro fairly early in; does that sound familiar?

cableguy316
05-02-2013, 10:56 AM
Same issue here. Game itself runs fine. Cinematics drag on and aren't in sync with the sound.

One theory... are the cinematics actually the "loading" screen?

I'm playing this on a MacBook Pro 15" Retina, game's loaded on a SSD, so it shouldn't really take that long to load.

cyanidhogg
05-02-2013, 11:10 AM
Same issue here. Game itself runs fine. Cinematics drag on and aren't in sync with the sound.

One theory... are the cinematics actually the "loading" screen?

I don't think so. Like OP said (and I can confirm), looking at the intro scene on youtube reveals that it's supposed to be pretty fast and fluid.

MadMedico420
05-03-2013, 04:25 AM
Go into the Video Quality settings menu and set PostFX to medium or low, that fixed it for me and the cut-scenes run smooth and the sound syncs properly. This does disable the motion blur in the main game so it seems to be related to that (I have no idea why that should even effect some ultra crude cinematics, but hey that's modern game development for you).
Edit: on my system I also found out you have to disable AA as well

cyanidhogg
05-03-2013, 05:40 PM
Go into the Video Quality settings menu and set PostFX to medium or low, that fixed it for me and the cut-scenes run smooth and the sound syncs properly. This does disable the motion blur in the main game so it seems to be related to that (I have no idea why that should even effect some ultra crude cinematics, but hey that's modern game development for you).

Setting Post FX to medium worked for me. thanks.

AlmightyBub
05-03-2013, 09:57 PM
Turning down AA makes the music cut out later for me. What this means is SOMEHOW these simple 2D cutscenes, being rendered in real time for some reason instead of just being FMV, are so resource intensive that they run worse than the game itself, which runs fine with no problems. How something like that could ever happen is completely beyond me.

MadMedico420
05-07-2013, 06:15 AM
Turning down AA makes the music cut out later for me. What this means is SOMEHOW these simple 2D cutscenes, being rendered in real time for some reason instead of just being FMV, are so resource intensive that they run worse than the game itself, which runs fine with no problems. How something like that could ever happen is completely beyond me.
It's very weird. I wonder what software the blood dragon team used to render the cut-scenes for the game. Anyways lowering the PostFX settomgs and turning off AA makes the game much smoother on my machine so I can't really complain.

AlmightyBub
05-07-2013, 02:34 PM
It's very weird. I wonder what software the blood dragon team used to render the cut-scenes for the game. Anyways lowering the PostFX settomgs and turning off AA makes the game much smoother on my machine so I can't really complain.

I swear it almost seems like they are running in flash

Immortal_Thanos
05-10-2013, 02:21 AM
I have PostFX turned to low. For that matter, all of my video quality settings are turned to low. Yet, the cutscenes C-R-A-W-L at a snail's pace and take forever. Much less, the entire game is sluggish and unplayable. How can I play a game that's as responsive as my dead mother? What gives?

UBI-NuStiuJuca
05-10-2013, 12:18 PM
I have PostFX turned to low. For that matter, all of my video quality settings are turned to low. Yet, the cutscenes C-R-A-W-L at a snail's pace and take forever. Much less, the entire game is sluggish and unplayable. How can I play a game that's as responsive as my dead mother? What gives?

Specs of your PC and what settings are you playing with? :)

Mr_Shade
05-10-2013, 01:26 PM
Hi Guys,

Please make sure you have the latest signed drivers for your graphics cards [you can even try beta's if you are using the latest - or reinstalling current ones]

Also please contact support with a full DXDiag - this will help them troubleshoot.

www.support.ubi.com (http://www.support.ubi.com)

Side note, I had the same issue with Crysis 3 [6850] - intro was running at maybe 2 frames per second [very slow] - main game ran fine [45fps] - this was solved by updating my drivers, so it's worth checking [even removing and reinstalling current ones]

AlmightyBub
05-10-2013, 08:11 PM
I can verify the drivers have nothing to do with it. Mine are up to date. It's SPECIFICALLY whatever method they are using to render (in real time for some reason) the cutscenes is just awful, and runs like crap. REMEMBER for me and most other people, the actual game runs great (until it crashes for me because of the 50 invalid files bug anyway). It's the cutscenes AND ONLY the cutscenes that run poorly.