PDA

View Full Version : Damn!! - AEP expansion cannot find the Il-2FB install! - Known problem?, solution?

Freycinet
06-19-2004, 01:57 PM
In the beginning of the install of AEP it just says "can not find il-2fb"....

- There's no option to direct the prog to the correct folder... :-(

Anybody know why?

Freycinet
06-19-2004, 01:57 PM
In the beginning of the install of AEP it just says "can not find il-2fb"....

- There's no option to direct the prog to the correct folder... :-(

Anybody know why?

harryklein66
06-19-2004, 02:06 PM
run 1 time fb then quit and install aep

VMF513_Viper
06-19-2004, 02:22 PM
Frey,

When Installing IL2 AEP, It is best to have your install of fb on the same drive preferrably the default drive it says to install on. I had the same issue and FB was on a different partition on my hard drive. this is the problem you may be facing. So as a suggestion back up your missions and skins folders and reinstall FB onto the default drive it says to then install the AEP.

Hope this works out for you

S! Viper

<table style="filter:glow(color=Navy Blue, strength=3"><tr><td> <B><font color=white>Viper<BR>Commanding Officer VMF-513
http://www.vmf513.com
UBI Movie Maker Forum Moderator
Virtual War Cinema Admin
http://www.virtualwarcinema.com
"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"
<BR></font></td></tr></table></B>

JJaguar
06-19-2004, 02:44 PM
I had the same problem, it's a known bug. It has nothing to do with where on your hard drive it's located. The problem is caused by the original FB install not setting a registry entry for language. This occurs only if you don't use the "autorun" feature of the CD.

To fix, run regedit and look for the following key:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Ubi Soft\IL-2 Sturmovik Forgotten Battles

Create a new string value and call it "language" (without the quotes). For the value, enter "en_us" (again without quotes). Save the change, reboot, and now you should be able to install the Aces expansion without any more trouble.

Freycinet
06-19-2004, 05:04 PM
Jet jaguar, fantastic, that was it and your method worked like a charm! - MANY thanks!

This should be in a stickie somewhere...