PDA

View Full Version : Chipmunk Audio?

thephelper
04-28-2013, 04:16 AM
Just installed on my freshly reinstalled Win7 machine, AMD-FX8150 16GB RAM, Win7-64, Nvidia Titan and Asus Xonar Essense STX audio. Plenty of other games installed, all are fine.

When I loaded up Far Cry 3 for the first time, after it patched up, it gave awful clipping audio that stuttered as well. When it tried introducing the "characters," all of the voices were in Chipmunk voices. (High pictched and very, very fast). The game is stuttering and audio clipping at the same time.

Google searching "far cry 3 chipmunk" yields silly results, so I'm not sure if those are a joke or not.

Audio drivers are up to date.

Game is unplayable as it stands now. Any options out there?

Thanks very much.

thephelper
04-28-2013, 08:55 PM
Try reinstalling DirectX http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=35

Windows7 tells me I have the same/or newer version of DirectX already installed.

I switched over to the onboard audio on my Asus Crossfire MB. This time I just get infrequent and stuttered audio.

I already have the latest Xonar drivers for audio (I ditched the onboard audio after it didn't work) and now I'm trying to upgrade graphics drivers.

Game is still uplayable. :(

thephelper
04-28-2013, 09:05 PM
Upgraded to the latest Nvidia Titan drivers, problem solved.

Problem manifested itself as bad audio,but it was the graphics drivers.

Thank goodness, I was really looking forward to playing, now I can.

BWX232
04-28-2013, 09:07 PM
I am using my onboard audio from my Asus M5A99FX PRO R2.0 and it has worked perfectly since install. I have never heard of the problem you are describing.. how bizarre!
Have you gotten into the audio drivers and checked every single setting to make sure nothing is set wrong? How about the Audio devices menu? You can shut off all but the device you are using and make sure that the game is using the one you want. I know I have a bunch of stuff turned off completely and it just works.

I'm using an optical cable connected from the mobo to the aux input of my Yamaha home theater receiver.

How are you connecting to your audio system, and what is it? Have you tried using the audio built into your Nvidia gfx card via HDMI? You have quite a few options to work with.. one of them should work.

If you cannot figure it out, open a support ticket.

Nice GFX card!