PDA

View Full Version : assassins creed 2 heresy and offense toward Christian religion

GROMx87
04-28-2013, 12:10 AM
I really dont like what i saw in AC 2 , sometimes it looks like a game made by angry atheists .
Templars in real life and real past was order of poor and pure knights who defend roads of pilgrimage for example.
But the most ugly thing i saw in game was all that priest kiling and heresy on the game end when i saw that some kind of funny jedi person hologram.
even Ezio was atheist on that game , why you didnt had enough courage to show such anger and heresy for islam religion ?

enough is enough and you pushed my patience and tollerance much too far , game is just boiling with anger of crazy atheist.
even with nice graphic and long gameplay i will not touch anymore AC games after how you offended my religion.

Assassin_M
04-28-2013, 12:15 AM
The thing is, sonny....Jesus is in Islam...Moses is in Islam...the parting of the red sea is in Islam....ALL these things were said to be fake illusions created by ancient artifacts xD

As for Ezio, it was never said he was an Atheist, so...

What I would advise for you is that you kindly take your head outta the deep hole it`s in and stop being childish...

second....NO ONE CARES IF YOU WONT BUY AC GAMES FOR THAT STUPID REASON -_-

I`ll give you this, though....you`re hilarious

Locopells
04-28-2013, 12:23 AM
I'm gonna go with the below, for obvious reasons...

http://youtu.be/UqfKJNZfnmI

Captain Tomatoz
04-28-2013, 12:25 AM
"Inspired by historical events and characters, this work of fiction was designed, developed and produced by a multicultural team of various religious faiths and beliefs."

Remember it!

Kaschra
04-28-2013, 12:27 AM
My reaction

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ztVMib1T4T4

AdamPearce
04-28-2013, 12:28 AM
Church in real and real past were a bunch of ahole who didn't mather to kill people, rob people, exile people and control people for their own benefices. They used the Religion to get money and live in the luxury and the sin. They also started a Crusades to take control of the trading in the Mediterranean sea. in the name of God, they murdered thousands of poor innocents and robbed a whole contry. And the Templars became a really powerful Order before getting persecuted, he had hands on politics, economy, war, the hurch, the Kings, like the U.S today. On top, Rodriguo Borgia was a jerk, like the worst ahole the Cristian Church ever encounter, he deserved to be showed like this. So before insult the game to be made by angry antheists, make some researches. ;)

Rugterwyper32
04-28-2013, 12:39 AM
I love how this reaction is almost 4 years late. Beautiful.

silvermercy
04-28-2013, 12:40 AM
I agree with the OP that AC is very biased against Christian faith compared to other faiths. No denying that (despite what the disclaimer says). But try to remember, this is a work of fiction.

Assassin_M
04-28-2013, 12:49 AM
I agree with the OP that AC is very biased against Christian faith compared to other faiths. No denying that (despite what the disclaimer says). But try to remember, this is a work of fiction.
Oh come on...it nudges every faith just as much as Christianity....heck, Altair, an Arab whose father was Muslim, was an Atheist, so his beliefs of atheism are most likely centered around his disbelief in Islam FIRST then every religion afterwards..

silvermercy
04-28-2013, 12:50 AM
Oh come on...it nudges every faith just as much as Christianity....heck, Altair, an Arab whose father was Muslim, was an Atheist, so his beliefs of atheism are most likely centered around his disbelief in Islam FIRST then every religion afterwards..
True, but with Christianity it's clear as day. AC is mostly a game for atheists.

Assassin_M
04-28-2013, 12:53 AM
True, but with Christianity it's clear as day. AC is mostly a game for atheists.
Not really...it`s a game for everyone, it`s simply a challenge to the rules...EVERY rule....Religion, government, Science...heck, the game shoots at Evolution...so it`s a shot at Atheists as well...it shoots at EVERYONE

silvermercy
04-28-2013, 12:56 AM
Not really...it`s a game for everyone, it`s simply a challenge to the rules...EVERY rule....Religion, government, Science...heck, the game shoots at Evolution...so it`s a shot at Atheists as well...it shoots at EVERYONE
Oh yes... the Apple and Eden. lol

I still believe it's a game marketed to atheists though (I hope most don't believe in those crazy theories either though! Because I know some who actually do! O_o. Aliens creating the human race as slaves etc)

Assassin_M
04-28-2013, 01:04 AM

I still believe it's a game marketed to atheists though (I hope most don't believe in those crazy theories either though! Because I know some who actually do! O_o. Aliens creating the human race as slaves etc)
Not just the Apple and Eden, but the creation of the human race it self. Clay revealed in his Glyphs that TwCB created Humanity by modifying an existing species` skeletal structure first then proceeded to redevelop it from top to bottom, the Templars feared that the existence of TwCB would be discovered by this, so they intentionally planted fake skeletons in Ethiopia...

Rugterwyper32
04-28-2013, 01:05 AM
You might as well say the game is aimed to people wearing tinfoil hats discussing conspiracy theories in the Paranormal and Conspiracy message board in Gamefaqs.

Megas_Doux
04-28-2013, 01:05 AM

Aliens creating the human race as slaves etc)
http://inmediares2013.files.wordpress.com/2013/02/aliens-meme.jpeg

silvermercy
04-28-2013, 01:06 AM
^ lol!!

silvermercy
04-28-2013, 01:12 AM
You might as well say the game is aimed to people wearing tinfoil hats discussing conspiracy theories in the Paranormal and Conspiracy message board in Gamefaqs.
But who would deliberately buy this other than an atheist/agnostic (or a Scientologist)? All religious or at least spiritual people I know would never buy it. O_o

Assassin_M
04-28-2013, 01:14 AM
But who would deliberately buy this other than an atheist/agnostic (or a Scientologist)? All religious or at least spiritual people I know would never buy it. O_o
This game ?? I`m pretty Religious i`d say....and it gave me no problems...i also have a lot of christian friends who play it and openly discuss a lot of this normally

silvermercy
04-28-2013, 01:16 AM
This game ?? I`m pretty Religious i`d say....and it gave me no problems...i also have a lot of christian friends who play it and openly discuss a lot of this normally
That's good to know. I thought I was an exception. lol

Rugterwyper32
04-28-2013, 01:16 AM

You know how Latin America has a concentration of religious people (Mostly Catholic and Evangelic)? At least here in Guatemala, I know a lot of people over here who are into it and are pretty religious. And we're talking about a place where I heard people attacking Pokemon because they said it was "Satanic" and stuff like that.
It's weird, but hey, that's how it is.

Assassin_M
04-28-2013, 01:19 AM
You know how Latin America has a concentration of religious people (Mostly Catholic and Evangelic)? At least here in Guatemala, I know a lot of people over here who are into it and are pretty religious. And we're talking about a place where I heard people attacking Pokemon because they said it was "Satanic" and stuff like that.
It's weird, but hey, that's how it is.
:O

Pokemon was said to be a plot by Israel and America in Egypt...I guess it`s the same story with a different cultural flavor eh ? xP

I was 6 or 7 when that was said "Pikachu is Hebrew for I`m israeli" xD good times...

Rugterwyper32
04-28-2013, 01:25 AM
:O

Pokemon was said to be a plot by Israel and America in Egypt...I guess it`s the same story with a different cultural flavor eh ? xP

I was 6 or 7 when that was said "Pikachu is Hebrew for I`m israeli" xD good times...

Yeah. Over here it was "Pikachu is the name of a demon and the reason it has red cheeks and uses lightning is that Satan gave him those"
Admittedly, I didn't care in the slightest and kept on playing. There was also my music professor during my middle school years, who attacked videogames at any chance he got because they were "against religion".

waynedavies89
04-28-2013, 01:28 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KaqC5FnvAEc&feature=player_embedded

pirate1802
04-28-2013, 04:24 AM
Aww I missed the fun :(

Ontopic:

1. Its a work of fiction remember. They are allowed to make fun of anyone and everyone in their work of fictions. They aren't presenting their work as the gospel truth, they are clearly stating its a fiction. It never happened. Its all imaginary. So deal with it.

2. I'm sure Ubisoft would regret the loss of sales from one religious Christian guy xD

GROMx87
04-28-2013, 08:57 AM
The thing is, sonny....Jesus is in Islam...Moses is in Islam...the parting of the red sea is in Islam....ALL these things were said to be fake illusions created by ancient artifacts xD

islam is fiction i dont know if they tried to copy something from Christianity from Bible or what and i dont care.
I care about my Christian religion , about how it was offended by game creators.

Locopells
04-28-2013, 09:00 AM
To be fair, assuming the OP is being serious, the AC games attack organised religion as a method of control, rather then people's faith (sure it makes claims that are contrary to what some people believe, but that's the whole point of faith...). And since ACII is set in Italy at a time when the Pope was all powerful, you could say that it concentrates more on the Christian Church. However, that's down to location and time. As others as said, is never been the sole focus or intention of the AC series.

GROMx87
04-28-2013, 09:05 AM
Aww I missed the fun :(

Ontopic:

1. Its a work of fiction remember. They are allowed to make fun of anyone and everyone in their work of fictions. They aren't presenting their work as the gospel truth, they are clearly stating its a fiction. It never happened. Its all imaginary. So deal with it.

2. I'm sure Ubisoft would regret the loss of sales from one religious Christian guy xD

you know one guy can make real mess around something if he keep telling something to everyone.

btw if i make a movie or game about you for example ,where you will be insulted etc , but i will paste some short crap " this is work of fiction "
you will be satisfied ?

Sushiglutton
04-28-2013, 09:08 AM
But the most ugly thing i saw in game was all that priest kiling and heresy on the game end when i saw that some kind of funny jedi person hologram.

In what way was the hologram heresy? Is all sci-fi heresy? Is imagining technology we have not yet discovered heresy?

jayjay275
04-28-2013, 09:11 AM
Really? I thought that this game was more educational than insulting. It didn't even seem insulting in the slightest. You have got to remember, this is the work of fiction based on history.

GROMx87
04-28-2013, 09:16 AM
In what way was the hologram heresy? Is all sci-fi heresy? Is imagining technology we have not yet discovered heresy?

the heresy was that hologram crap hidden in the church in the Sistine Chappel

if they want make games about ufo , jedi etc ok , but without that blaspheme

FourDea123
04-28-2013, 09:17 AM
islam is fiction i dont know if they tried to copy something from Christianity from Bible or what and i dont care.
I care about my Christian religion , about how it was offended by game creators.

and that isn't offensive at all. nope. nothing wrong there. your talking snake is real but anyone else's beliefs. hell no!.... idiot (and I'm a gosh darned atheist and even im more respecting of religion than you!)

Assassin_M
04-28-2013, 09:21 AM
hypocrite...

GROMx87
04-28-2013, 09:21 AM
you believe in something or not Fourdea , you must choose your religion , you cant believe everything .

Assassin_M
04-28-2013, 09:25 AM
you believe in something or not Fourdea , you must choose your religion , you cant believe everything .
The new dictionary available now...

GROMx87 ----> English and English ----> GROMx87

very cheap....it`s free....comes with a bull crap sandwich..

GROMx87
04-28-2013, 09:27 AM
you can be tollerant for people who believe in other religion but
if someone claim to be Christian he cant believe that islam or something is true , you believe fullly in your religion or your faith is not worth anything

Assassin_M
04-28-2013, 09:35 AM
if someone claim to be Christian he cant believe that islam or something is true , you believe fullly in your religion or your faith is not worth anything
I will now demonstrate the ultra efficient way that my proposed dictionary claims to translate...notice how the subject is extremely cautious with punctuation...take a look at the example above and witness the magic..*insert quote into machine*

and

i don't know ****
voila.....excellent translation...it is perfect

montagemik
04-28-2013, 09:36 AM
I really dont like what i saw in AC 2 , sometimes it looks like a game made by angry atheists .
Templars in real life and real past was order of poor and pure knights who defend roads of pilgrimage for example.
even Ezio was atheist on that game , why you didnt had enough courage to show such anger and heresy for islam religion ?

enough is enough and you pushed my patience and tollerance much too far , game is just boiling with anger of crazy atheist.
even with nice graphic and long gameplay i will not touch anymore AC games after how you offended my religion.

And you waited HOW MANY YEARS to be deeply offended by the AC-2 Storyline ??

So much for all encompassing tolerance ....................Climb off the soapbox before you slip off or maybe turn the other cheek .

GROMx87
04-28-2013, 09:40 AM
I will now demonstrate how ignorant im , and that im out of arguments so i need crap tricks

pathetic

Assassin_M
04-28-2013, 09:42 AM
pathetic
That is not what I typed...this member is putting words in my mouth and deliberately using fraud...I will not stand for this

montagemik
pathetic

tolerance & Judgement :rolleyes:......................... I'm impressed

GROMx87
And you waited HOW MANY YEARS to be deeply offended by the AC-2 Storyline ??

So much for all encompassing tolerance ....................Climb off the soapbox before you slip off or maybe turn the other cheek .

i played game now not when it was relased ? think guy think its not such a pain.

Assassin_M
04-28-2013, 09:43 AM
pathetic
That is not what I typed...this member is putting words in my mouth and deliberately using fraud...I will not stand for this crime

Locopells
04-28-2013, 09:48 AM
Whoa guys, will EVERYONE calm down, before this gets locked.

GROMx87
04-28-2013, 09:50 AM
yes im" puting word in your mouth" ... and you laughing fromy my english.... heh:o

waynedavies89
04-28-2013, 09:51 AM
pathetic

you still at this tread kid? bloody hell, cheer up ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WlBiLNN1NhQ

Assassin_M
04-28-2013, 09:51 AM
yes im" puting word in your mouth" ... and you laughing fromy my english.... heh:o
I hereby sentence you to 20 years of AC II heresy....CRY

FourDea123
04-28-2013, 09:52 AM

yes but you saying that Ubi is attacking your religion and then when people point out that all religions are "attacked" you say they aren't important because they aint real.

montagemik
i played game now not when it was relased ? think guy think its not such a pain.

Yes bud i DO think , i think about this same lame complaint around the time the AC-2 plotline was being discussed the world over .

Seems YOU were a little out of touch with the rest of the world , Many others jumped on this 'AC Offends us ' bandwagon years ago .

Whining on the forum accomplishes nothing for your Crusade - The people at Ubisoft with influence over these issues you have don't read this stuff on the forums.
A sensible adult with a genuine greivance would probably contact a 'Ubisoft HQ' or something ....................But you weren't to know that i suppose.

Farlander1991

I'm an atheist, but I can't say that I agree with this statement. You can say that AC straight out denies lots of statements made by different faiths, but it's not entirely cancelling them out. For example, humans were created by TWCB in the AC lore, but how TWCB came to be? You can argue that there was some power that created them. Remember the exchange between Vidic and Desmond, 'With the Animus there's no room for misinterpretation' - 'There's always room'?

Nothing is true, everything is permitted. We choose our own paths and our own truths, isn't that the whole point of AC?

Assassin_M
04-28-2013, 09:54 AM
Come on, guys...have some fun with the lad..this is bound to be locked anyways...why waste this time in trying to be sensible ?? it wont work

GROMx87
04-28-2013, 09:54 AM
Whoa guys, will EVERYONE calm down, before this gets locked.

They counting on that . This thread is uncomfortable for them. More easy is to close eyes on problem.

Assassin_M
04-28-2013, 09:55 AM
They counting on that . This thread is uncomfortable for them. More easy is to close eyes on problem.
Good god, man.....how the hell can so much irony and hypocrisy come out of one person ??

FourDea123
04-28-2013, 09:59 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=376HtoeycPE

MT4K
04-28-2013, 10:00 AM
Yeah i'll close this now. I can't see this actually going anywhere productive.