PDA

View Full Version : In cutescenes FPS is great, when I play it's horrible

davion100
04-27-2013, 04:59 PM
Hello, when I first started playing the game I had no FPS problems at all (except in the stupid Boston). Now when I came back to play the DLCs something happend and the framerate is horrible everywhere. The interesting thing is that in cutescenes the framerate is great, but when I go to the same place and look at the same direction that was showed in the cinematic, it's a whole diffent story. (For example in the cinematic the camera is facing a couple of buildings, smooth as silk, when I look at the same buildings after the cutscene - FPS is awful.). I didn't notice any diffrence in the graphic quality when the cutscenes happen and after that, so I've no idea what the heck is going on...

davion100
04-27-2013, 07:57 PM
Bump...

AherasSTRG
04-27-2013, 11:43 PM
Your issue seems reather strange... You could contact support, but of course, it'd take them at least 2 to 3 weeks to give your a non-bot response and it most likely will be "if your problem is resolved, it will be posted as a patch note in the official forums" (true story, twice).
So, the problem with the DLCs is the following: In the Infamy DLC, when you look towards Concord, Lexington (center of the map) or towards the Red Willow Tree (north), the FPS go down.
In the Betrayal, we have the typical Boston lag, but not as much as the actual main campaign lag.
In the Redemption, the pyramid totally ****s your frames (primary reason why I liked the Redemption the least.
This is the problem in general, however it is strange that your game does not perform badly during cutscenes... Which part of the DLC were you playing when you noticed the low FPS?
Could you try to check your FPS on the places above as well as:
1. At the camp Northwest of the Frontier in the Infamy
2. Near the safehouse in the Betrayal
3. While facing the harbor in the Redemption
EDIT: also post your problem in the AC3 LOW FPS thread, if you want (http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/737072-AC3-Low-FPS).

davion100
04-28-2013, 08:02 AM
Your issue seems reather strange... You could contact support, but of course, it'd take them at least 2 to 3 weeks to give your a non-bot response and it most likely will be "if your problem is resolved, it will be posted as a patch note in the official forums" (true story, twice).
So, the problem with the DLCs is the following: In the Infamy DLC, when you look towards Concord, Lexington (center of the map) or towards the Red Willow Tree (north), the FPS go down.
In the Betrayal, we have the typical Boston lag, but not as much as the actual main campaign lag.
In the Redemption, the pyramid totally ****s your frames (primary reason why I liked the Redemption the least.
This is the problem in general, however it is strange that your game does not perform badly during cutscenes... Which part of the DLC were you playing when you noticed the low FPS?
Could you try to check your FPS on the places above as well as:
1. At the camp Northwest of the Frontier in the Infamy
2. Near the safehouse in the Betrayal
3. While facing the harbor in the Redemption
EDIT: also post your problem in the AC3 LOW FPS thread, if you want (http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/737072-AC3-Low-FPS).

If there are not much stuff on screen, the FPS is still good, but that doesn't explain why in cutscenes there is no such problem. The first time I noticed this was when I played the 1st part of the DLC. When I noticed it I ran the original story and the framerate was also bad there (it wasn't when I beat it).

AherasSTRG
04-28-2013, 10:09 AM
If there are not much stuff on screen, the FPS is still good, but that doesn't explain why in cutscenes there is no such problem. The first time I noticed this was when I played the 1st part of the DLC. When I noticed it I ran the original story and the framerate was also bad there (it wasn't when I beat it).

When did you beat it? After patch 1.03, the whole game had even worse FPS issues in some configurations.

bolz87
04-28-2013, 10:17 AM
When did you beat it? After patch 1.03, the whole game had even worse FPS issues in some configurations.
Same problem here! In the main campaign (in Boston) i have horrible FPS, but during cinematics (for example, when Haytam meets Franklin) framerate is perfect, and also graphics is quite better! :(

davion100
04-28-2013, 11:10 AM
I don't remember. Can I downgrade to 1.03 ?

davion100
04-29-2013, 02:43 PM
Can anyone help ? :(