PDA

View Full Version : Welcome to The Watch - a guide.

Mr_Shade
04-26-2013, 02:03 PM
http://img201.imageshack.us/img201/8240/watchjoinnow.png

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=WdQl6k8SBOU

Welcome to The Watch.

Hi Assassin’s!

As you may be aware, Assassin’s Creed IV Black Flag has some very special preorder bonuses available at participating retailers, one of those bonuses is exclusive access to The Watch.

This post hopes to explain just what The Watch is and how you can join.

What is The Watch:
The Watch is a hub, a gathering place of everything Assassin’s Creed, it’s also a show case for the passion and work of the community which has grown around the game series.
Inside The Watch you will find: the latest news from the Development team, quizzes, Art work, Cosplay, Assassination Contracts [games not real ones!] and the latest social media from around the entire Assassin’s Creed community.
It’s not just about what Ubisoft want you to see or do, you will also find the latest gallery submissions from other The Watch members, such as fan art, fan fiction, cosplay as well as content from the specially selected Experts - hand picked members of the AC community tasked with creating and finding the best and most original content from around the AC universe!

How to join:
Access to The Watch is gained by pre-ordering ACIV Black Flag at participating retailers*, so please check to see if your local store is part of the offer, or you can gain access by pre-ordering ACIV Black Flag at the Ubishop* - Once you have this special one use code, you can enter it on The Watch signup page below:

www.assassinscreed.com/vip (http://www.assassinscreed.com/vip)

Sign in with your Uplay account - or create one - enter your code on the next screen and your set up is complete.

You will then receive a welcome to The Watch email - to your Uplay registered email address - containing more information and also the dedicated link to use the site:

http://www.ac4bf-thewatch.com/

Please remember to book mark the above link, this is your gateway to The Watch.

Show you are a member with the following The Watch Signature!

http://img441.imageshack.us/img441/8746/thewatchmember.png

link:
http://imageshack.us/a/img690/8746/thewatchmember.png

*Availability of The Watch varies due to regions, so please check your local retailers for local preorder deals - access codes available while stocks last.

shauri
05-08-2013, 12:43 AM
Received my code today, only problem is when I try to start the mission Master of the Book, there's no sound.
Hard to play if I can't hear any music!

Exodias29
05-08-2013, 10:15 AM
Received my code today, only problem is when I try to start the mission Master of the Book, there's no sound.
Hard to play if I can't hear any music!

The same thing happened to me, and I found that it was a browser issue (for me atleast), so after originally using Firefox I simply opened up the page in Chrome where the no sound issue disappeared, so try a different browser and see if that works, and lastly, welcome to The Watch :D

Dag_B
05-08-2013, 12:04 PM
It works for me on Google Chrome, too.
3 other browsers didn't play the sounds... (Which makes me wonder, one was Chromium which is pretty similar to Google Chrome >.> )

But yeah, if it does not work, try Google Chrome.
Good chance that this will fix the problem. :)

sneakerphile
05-08-2013, 02:43 PM
Yeah, same problem here. Nice of them to mention that it's browser specific. Basically means I can't access it properly here at work. I user explorer, but it's old version so The Watch just won't fully load up, and when I try to use Firefox which is nice an quick I get no sound. This sucks. They've had how long to get this thing ready and it doesn't work properly!
Also, it's not very user-friendly. It would be nice if it was a little clearer on how to use it. Think I preferred the Facebook thing they set up for Brotherhood.

gpvecchi
05-16-2013, 08:43 PM
It seems that I can't access "The watch" anymore... I get an error message today...

Muerthe
05-16-2013, 10:32 PM
It seems that I can't access "The watch" anymore... I get an error message today...

Same here, like 5-6 hours ago everything was just fine and now "you don't have the rights to access" :/

Dag_B
05-16-2013, 11:24 PM
Seems to be a general problem at the moment. :S

Muerthe
05-17-2013, 09:26 AM
I wonder if we will get any apologies... Just a few words, cause unfortunatelly I lost hope for such apology presents as it was for example with ACII when the login server was down (everyone got Black Edition key to unlock bonuses).

Mr_Shade
05-17-2013, 02:03 PM
I wonder if we will get any apologies... Just a few words, cause unfortunatelly I lost hope for such apology presents as it was for example with ACII when the login server was down (everyone got Black Edition key to unlock bonuses).
The issue has been reported.

Hopefully it should be back up and running shortly.

I can only apologise for the downtime on behalf of the web team.

Muerthe
05-17-2013, 02:21 PM
Hopefully it should be back up and running shortly.

Yep, seems like it is already fixed :) Thanks Shade for quick reaction :)

Sanderken89
06-29-2013, 05:28 PM
hello.

i pre-ordered AC4 and have acces to the watch and i have a question about it.

are there more people having trouble with the master of the books challenge? i simply can't do the mission anymore, so i can't get gold medal on this challenge :s

thanks.

Sanderken89
07-03-2013, 10:47 PM
nobody...?

piotreqm
07-12-2013, 07:41 AM
Master of the book missions are added successively ;)

Darth_Vovan
08-09-2013, 11:27 PM
Hi. Someone can help with Master of the Secrets?

CHEWB4CC4
08-10-2013, 03:54 PM
yes I found in game.js of the watch website this part of code

// Konami Code
window.konamiCode = function() {
var code = [ 38, 38, 40, 40, 37, 39, 37, 39, 66, 65 ],
index = 0;

var testCode = function( e ) {
e = e.which;

if ( e === code[ index ] ) {
++ index;
if ( index === code.length ) {

Backbone.Mediator.publish("route","/",true);
Backbone.Mediator.publish("route","mission/hack", false);
Backbone.Mediator.publish( 'game:end', 'hack', { "kind": "closing" } );
$( window ).unbind( 'keyup', testCode );
}

Then to comlete the mission you just need to type the konami code affter clicking start hack

Basic_shotz
08-16-2013, 01:46 PM
How can i get the watch on my phone? HTC One.

thewoodenspoon
08-30-2013, 12:48 AM
Master of the book missions are added successively ;)

What do you mean? I can no longer do the master of the book missions either, yet I am only on silver badge. When I try and launch one it just says "mission complete" on my screen http://static5.cdn.ubi.com/u/ubiforums/20120411.419/images/smilies/frown.png Is that meant to happen because there's no more new quizzes or is it buggy?

Brostok
08-30-2013, 07:10 AM
The answer is : both :D

socratesb
09-09-2013, 11:05 AM
where do i type the code on the watch after clicking start hack?

NisseRubenson
09-11-2013, 07:51 PM
I have a question about "Master of Secrets".
I feellike it doesn't work...
first i press it the I press "Hack Now" and it only comes back to the start screen...
pleas help
:confused:

Brostok
09-11-2013, 08:01 PM
You have to put the Konami code into work.
Just google it if you don't know what it is.

JoetheRedcoat
09-14-2013, 08:14 PM
You have to put the Konami code into work.
Just google it if you don't know what it is.

People don't know the Konami code?

Ureh
09-15-2013, 03:48 AM
@JoetheRedcoat I didn't know either. :( :p

MonarchyHeights
10-07-2013, 10:16 AM
so I've just logged onto The Watch for the first time today, and for some reson I cannot scroll down at all, like, there's no scroll bar there. so this means I can only access like half the missions and see the first couple of posts for images, news etc.
it's as if the site seems to think I'm accessing it from a touch screen device such as an iPad even though I'm on a laptop.
solution?

BridgetFisher
10-12-2013, 12:47 AM
Ubi mods, I preordered the gold edition on steam and never got any code or notification about the watch. Kind of unfair that all the people who support ubisoft preordering digital versions of the game dont get this code. maybe you can forward this to the marketing team to get some codes they can pm to community members who support the game. So many people ask me questions about AC4 but I cant answer them since the site blocks me from all news about the game. Kind of the worst thing for marketing is not having people talk about the game generating buzz since noone oddly who bought the digital editions on a computer can access the site on a computer.

amit878
10-12-2013, 08:46 PM
I pre-ordered "Assassin's Creed IV Digital Deluxe Edition" in the ubishop and didn't got any mail, what should i do? :S

Mausthemighty
10-19-2013, 04:36 PM
I pre-ordered "Assassin's Creed IV Digital Deluxe Edition" in the ubishop and didn't got any mail, what should i do? :S
Me neither. I would like to get a code for the watch...

karirinkate54
10-20-2013, 02:16 AM
i pre oreder AC4 black flag deluxe edition but i didn't get Code for " the watch " so isn't there a problem

karirinkate54
10-20-2013, 12:08 PM

did it show in uplay in " my games " tab that you own the game ?

Exiousa
10-20-2013, 09:03 PM
Also pre-ordered on steam and no code, seems kind of unfair as BridgetFisher has pointed out :(

Jarf3
10-25-2013, 04:08 PM
if I do the konami code after clicking "hack now", the watch say nothing about master of secrets. Can anybody help me please? :(

rrebe
10-25-2013, 04:19 PM
I have one extra code left for The Watch, the first one to pm me about it can have it if they promise to use it wisely ;)

strigoi1958
10-25-2013, 04:50 PM
Is it a club which excludes other Assassin's creed fans ?. I'm sure others will be allowed in later if they want.
I have (kinda) pre-ordered, I bought a code on ebay (absolutely ridiculously low price) that the guy gets on or before the 21st november and then sends on to me, I only play campaign and never online so it has no appeal for me but if I get a watch code I will just post it on here for whoever wants it.

Tracer63
10-27-2013, 02:14 PM
I cannot log in to the https://acinitiates.com/#!/overview my Uplay account does not work? I have the pre order bonus from Amazon and The Watch code (i've logged into the Watch page no problems)
When i click on the 'website', below my name on http://www.ac4bf-thewatch.com/initiates/# it launches the Initiates page and i cannot log in for the bonus content for Black Flag ie UNLOCK THE INITIATES-EXCLUSIVE BLACK FLAG BUNDLE
Confused??????

Ravenear_PL
10-29-2013, 04:08 PM
I would be very greatful if someone have 1 extra The Watch key or know where i could get. I have bought pre-order AC4 UPLAY digital delux version + season pass but it was not inluded...
I know it looks like beging and so hate to do it... but if Ubisoft cant help maybe community can.

EDIT 1: I have bought extra key ty for info - now im in the watch :)

EP3nquin
11-04-2013, 09:31 PM
I to would Like to know why I did not get a watch Code for per-ordring the PC version from the Ubi store.

Dag_B
11-05-2013, 11:58 AM
Was it the Digital Deluxe Edition? I think that one does not take part in the programm.

EP3nquin
11-05-2013, 02:14 PM
ahhh, did the console versions have to order a special version of it as well?

Dag_B
11-08-2013, 10:40 AM
As far as I know, all retail versions included the watch if the shop participated in the Watch program. (For europe, that is. North america did not have The Watch.) The digital ones not.

kamatsudash
11-13-2013, 10:08 AM
So just a question or 2 or 3.. to clarify some things

- Does buying the Digital Deluxe edition on Uplay count towards getting a code for The Watch? Or is it only for the Standard/Special editions and/or other editions (ie skull, buccaneer, etc)

- Does buying via the Uplay client count as buying from the UbiStore? Or do you specifically need to buy it via the web store rather than the client?

- So is The Watch a European exclusive? Not available in any other region?

- Is this available in Australia? I ask as some companies deal with us as European, and some pair us with America... so I'm not always sure about these things.

- I guess I'm a bit confused, as when I go to the link's provided for The Watch.. I get redirected to a regional page (Australian) which lets me log into my Uplay Account (and yes, I'm absolutely sure it was the right page... unless someone has hacked Ubisoft's main page) and ask's for a "Watch" code.... which I don't actually have

- Also, does anyone know exactly what The Watch provides? Is it out-of-game mini-games, info etc? Or does it actually provide in-game items, skins, missions, etc (like "The Initiates" does for AC3)?

Anykeyer
11-15-2013, 07:51 AM
Uplay Deluxe does not come with The Watch

Does not matter if you buy from client or web.

The watch is just "post your creations (but everyone just googles and rips them) - arts, cosplays and vids. then press "like" on others". This gives you experience, but this experience does not affect anything at all. There are also some mini-games: combining round images like you did in ac2's truth, answering some questions about ac universe.

The Watch itself does not give you anything in game. But it's key is often combined with pre-oder bonuses retailer gives. If this is the case then when you redeem it you are presented with the list of pre-order bonus packs and platform choice. After choosing platform it gives actual exclusive content unlock key which can be used in game on chosen platform.

AntiChrist7
11-16-2013, 05:14 PM
Aligning that ship puzzle is driving me nuts