PDA

View Full Version : Welcome to The Watch - a guide.

Mr_Shade
04-26-2013, 02:03 PM
http://img201.imageshack.us/img201/8240/watchjoinnow.png

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=WdQl6k8SBOU

Welcome to The Watch.

Hi Assassin’s!

As you may be aware, Assassin’s Creed IV Black Flag has some very special preorder bonuses available at participating retailers, one of those bonuses is exclusive access to The Watch.

This post hopes to explain just what The Watch is and how you can join.

What is The Watch:
The Watch is a hub, a gathering place of everything Assassin’s Creed, it’s also a show case for the passion and work of the community which has grown around the game series.
Inside The Watch you will find: the latest news from the Development team, quizzes, Art work, Cosplay, Assassination Contracts [games not real ones!] and the latest social media from around the entire Assassin’s Creed community.
It’s not just about what Ubisoft want you to see or do, you will also find the latest gallery submissions from other The Watch members, such as fan art, fan fiction, cosplay as well as content from the specially selected Experts - hand picked members of the AC community tasked with creating and finding the best and most original content from around the AC universe!

How to join:
Access to The Watch is gained by pre-ordering ACIV Black Flag at participating retailers*, so please check to see if your local store is part of the offer, or you can gain access by pre-ordering ACIV Black Flag at the Ubishop* - Once you have this special one use code, you can enter it on The Watch signup page below:

www.assassinscreed.com/vip (http://www.assassinscreed.com/vip)

Sign in with your Uplay account - or create one - enter your code on the next screen and your set up is complete.

You will then receive a welcome to The Watch email - to your Uplay registered email address - containing more information and also the dedicated link to use the site:

http://www.ac4bf-thewatch.com/

Please remember to book mark the above link, this is your gateway to The Watch.

Show you are a member with the following The Watch Signature!

http://img441.imageshack.us/img441/8746/thewatchmember.png

link:
http://imageshack.us/a/img690/8746/thewatchmember.png

*Availability of The Watch varies due to regions, so please check your local retailers for local preorder deals - access codes available while stocks last.

klokkendoktor
04-26-2013, 02:35 PM
Hey i've got a question about this.

i preorderd the game at a website that was on the assassin's creed website " http://assassinscreed.ubi.com/ac3/nl-NL/koop-nu/index.aspx#main10 ",
that means it's a participating retailer right?
well here's the thing they never gave me a code to use.
so should i contact them about a code? or just wait untill they send me one?

prince162010
04-26-2013, 02:47 PM
Now no one will pre-order AC4...... what is the hell this video is?????

klokkendoktor
04-26-2013, 03:05 PM
I already figured out why i don't have the code btw
i need to get a "treasure map"at the store itself

Mr_Shade
04-26-2013, 04:11 PM
so should i contact them about a code? or just wait untill they send me one?
They would normally email the code out - however you should double check.

ZeSpecter
04-26-2013, 04:16 PM
Is this available everywhere in Europe? I'm from Norway, so more specifically; Will I get a code if I go to for example Gamestop and pre-order one of the special editions here in Norway?

klokkendoktor
04-26-2013, 06:00 PM
I checked with the store, i ordered it online but in order to get the code, i need to go to the actual store and get the code there.
And i'll have to make a small down payment.

Becerikli
04-26-2013, 06:54 PM
So if I've already preordered via Ubishop, I'm out of luck? :(

CalKlein
04-26-2013, 07:20 PM
We were told that as I ordered mine from Ubistore and have already paid, why have i not recieved my code???

morpheus80kd
04-26-2013, 08:34 PM
Any one get this code?

Mr_Shade
04-26-2013, 09:58 PM
For code questions please contact your retailer - Ubishop customers please contact support, with your order information.

www.support.ubi.com

TrustyBadger
04-26-2013, 10:29 PM
Ubishop customers please contact support, with your order information.

Hi Mr Shade! While Ubishop included "The Watch" in my pre-order invoice, I've received no pre-order code. The last time I tried to raise an issue with support I had a pretty bad experience as one department would wash their hands of the problem and pass me onto another. I have a sneaking suspicion if I raise a support ticket against 'Uplay/Ubishop/Billing' they will not be able to help me. Can you you offer any guidance regarding the proper way to raise the issue with 'support' so that it ends in the right inbox? Annecdotally, it seems I'm not the only customer to preorder AC4 from Ubishop with this issue. Thanks.

thecodeman715
04-27-2013, 02:38 AM
Is there a list of participating retailers? I preordered mine from my local Gamestop, I'd imagine that Gamestop is participating. Should I contact them to get my code?

bestscreenname
04-27-2013, 04:13 AM
Is this EU only? I haven't seen or heard anything about NA retailers having this.

apresmode
04-27-2013, 04:35 AM
So I know you referred us to the retailer for codes, but I'm going to ask anyways. I preordered a month ago and got the macfarlane poster with the map on the back. Was there supposed to be a code on it or is this map with the code a new thing that I need to get from the retailer? Maybe you can put up a picture of the map and point to where the code is.

lothario-da-be
04-27-2013, 12:50 PM
Cool the word Belgium is in the trailer, and the watch looks great.Gonna pre-oder ac4 when E3 shows some good stuff.

morpheus80kd
04-27-2013, 04:48 PM
I have answer from Ubisoft

Your The Watch code should be sent out to you as a physical item sometime in the near future.

I thought that I would receive it on e-mail immediately after purchase.

Is this some kind of sick joke!!!

montagemik
04-27-2013, 05:16 PM
So I know you referred us to the retailer for codes, but I'm going to ask anyways. I preordered a month ago and got the macfarlane poster with the map on the back. Was there supposed to be a code on it or is this map with the code a new thing that I need to get from the retailer? Maybe you can put up a picture of the map and point to where the code is.

NO - 'The Watch' is Only for EMEA/ European regional customers at the moment .

USA Gamestop customers get only what is offered by Gamestop.com USA = Mcfarlane Poster. :nonchalance:

morpheus80kd
04-27-2013, 05:50 PM
I live in the UK even though I have not received the code

lothario-da-be
04-27-2013, 08:44 PM

Your The Watch code should be sent out to you as a physical item sometime in the near future.

This is ridiculous...

Bezmon
04-27-2013, 10:37 PM
Gamestop has no idea of "The Watch" Can you provide a list of participating Retailers since no one has the answers?

o WHEELER o
04-28-2013, 12:03 PM
What do you do to get a watch code. But want to pre order a next gen Xbox copy of AC4 ? As they are both coming out at the same time.

Biomedical-Fire
04-28-2013, 12:32 PM
Somebody made an interesting observation on another forum about "The Watch" the other day. I have to agree with them in saying that this is nothing more than Halo Waypoint, but for AC or AC Waypoint if you will.

montagemik
04-28-2013, 05:17 PM
What do you do to get a watch code. But want to pre order a next gen Xbox copy of AC4 ? As they are both coming out at the same time.

You wait until Ubisoft are convinced enough to offer pre-orders for NEXT BOX edition - Seems Ubisoft aren't rushing to get pre-orders in for Nextbox edition at present.

necroXephon
04-28-2013, 08:35 PM
Will North America ever get this? I would like to be able to get in on this but it's EU only. I didn't know that until a little while ago and therefore Gamestop had no clue of what I was talking about.

Biomedical-Fire
04-28-2013, 10:27 PM
You wait until Ubisoft are convinced enough to offer pre-orders for NEXT BOX edition - Seems Ubisoft aren't rushing to get pre-orders in for Nextbox edition at present.Until MS officially unveils the Next Xbox on May 21st, Ubi will just say "and other Next Gen systems" only then will they officially announce that AC:IV will be out for the next iteration of the Xbox brand.

Dag_B
04-28-2013, 11:22 PM

Personally I think it's cool that we seem to get the treasure map too that GameStop and Amazon offer.
As far as I know you do not get that everywhere, GAME for example seem to just send codes.

thecodeman715
04-29-2013, 02:24 AM
NO - 'The Watch' is Only for EMEA/ European regional customers at the moment .

USA Gamestop customers get only what is offered by Gamestop.com USA = Mcfarlane Poster. :nonchalance:

Wow... Thanks, Ubi... You love your NA fans, dont you? When will you guys stop pleasing us? Your fans in the EMEA are probably so jealous of the service we get and they don't!

montagemik
04-29-2013, 09:11 AM
Wow... Thanks, Ubi... You love your NA fans, dont you? When will you guys stop pleasing us? Your fans in the EMEA are probably so jealous of the service we get and they don't!

Like i said - 'The Watch' is Only for EMEA/ European regional customers at the moment . No idea if the Watch is permanently EMEA only .

Simply pre-order nearer to Nov 1st - When details of every edition in every region are confirmed.
If Gamestop in NA only ever get standard/special editions - you haven't lost anything by waiting longer to pre-order.

Sayajin87
04-30-2013, 09:44 AM
Same with me. Preordered the Black Chest edition. But received nothing via email. What is going on? I mean we should receive the code now, not when the game is released. C'mon i spent £120 pounds for that edition, so someone at least should check this issue properly. What is the point in having it in October, if THE Watch is live now. When i pre-ordered this edition, they put in my basket the chest edition and a separate treasure map with the code. I just want to know if that will be posted to during this week or next one (it said 2-4 days for postage). I hope i am right, otherwise is a totally let down for all of us. Thank you.

BTW i live in UK and have all the AC games ultimate editions, so i am not a noob or so:D

Artemisthemp
04-30-2013, 10:22 AM
Same with me. Preordered the Black Chest edition. But received nothing via email. What is going on? I mean we should receive the code now, not when the game is released. C'mon i spent £120 pounds for that edition, so someone at least should check this issue properly. What is the point in having it in October, if THE Watch is live now. When i pre-ordered this edition, they put in my basket the chest edition and a separate treasure map with the code. I just want to know if that will be posted to during this week or next one (it said 2-4 days for postage). I hope i am right, otherwise is a totally let down for all of us. Thank you.

BTW i live in UK and have all the AC games ultimate editions, so i am not a noob or so:D
I got told yesterday, that my Code + Tresure map had been ship, so should arrive in the near future :)

Thank you for contacting Uplay Shop Customer Service.

In order to respond to this email, please update this incident (Please do not create a new incident)

Your The Watch code should be sent out to you sometime soon, shipped as a physical item.

Guess it's the same for you

Assassin_Banana
04-30-2013, 10:52 PM
This sucks :P

Ubisoft is only trolling you, for you to buy their game. And then you obediently buy it and is not what you expect.

Sayajin87
05-02-2013, 09:02 PM
Thank you very much for the info Artemisthemp. I hope i will get it soon. See you in The Watch:D:

JonahBo96
05-03-2013, 04:16 PM
They would normally email the code out - however you should double check.

And yet i still havent tho i pre ordered a month ago

montagemik
05-03-2013, 06:29 PM
And yet i still havent tho i pre ordered a month ago

Do you have a 'link' to the website you ordered from ??

JonahBo96
05-03-2013, 07:36 PM
Do you have a 'link' to the website you ordered from ??

i bhought it at the ubisoft store from holland

Dag_B
05-03-2013, 08:35 PM
The ubisoft store should send you a physical item, not an email, so this will take a little bit longer.
I know that the UK and german stores from ubisoft started sending those out (today afaik), I'd guess that holland will also start soon. :)

montagemik
05-03-2013, 08:44 PM
The ubisoft store should send you a physical item, not an email, so this will take a little bit longer.
I know that the UK and german stores from ubisoft started sending those out (today afaik), I'd guess that holland will also start soon. :)

Any idea how long Ubisoft take to actually confirm an order has been placed ?

I ordered 45 minutes ago & only have pay-pal payment confirmation so far - nothing from Ubisoft . :rolleyes:

Dag_B
05-04-2013, 01:03 PM
No idea, sorry. My confirmation (Black Chest PC) came like a minute later.
I payed via... direct debiting system (? where you give your bankdata and they withdraw it from your bank account). Maybe that makes a difference. :confused:

rodri.alcaraz
05-04-2013, 10:09 PM
Hi, I was just wondering if there is going to be a dedicated iPad app for The Watch. The mobile version is not good enough (yet).

Thanks!

Rodri

Artemisthemp
05-06-2013, 08:22 AM
Hi, I was just wondering if there is going to be a dedicated iPad app for The Watch. The mobile version is not good enough (yet).

Thanks!

Rodri
I don't think so.
I think it's more like you go to TheWatch home page in your browser.

Sayajin87
05-06-2013, 04:22 PM
Just received today the confirmation that the item has been shipped, i mean the map and the code for the watch, for the preorder which i made in ubishop.
Take care all

kysersozza
05-06-2013, 04:25 PM
Ordered my PS4 Black Chest Edition a couple of weeks ago and received my UPS shipping confirmation for The Watch access code and Treasure Map today. Hope to have by the end of the week.

GazesAtMoon
05-06-2013, 05:38 PM
I ordered my PS3 black chest edition last week and got my shipping confirmation of the treasure map and watch code bonus today too, which I wasn't really expecting, what with it being a bank holiday and all that.

Artemisthemp
05-06-2013, 06:16 PM
I look ad my mail ad work and there it was :)
A Confirmation with tracking number on my Map and Code, so now I wait.

montagemik
05-07-2013, 10:51 AM
I ordered PS4 Black chest edition on 3rd May 8 p.m ................... Received my 'Pirates Trophy' physical Map pack & 2nd 'Watch' access code today 7th May 9:30 am .

It's a double A4 size map (with code on the back) packed in a black DVD / Game case.

http://i819.photobucket.com/albums/zz113/montagemik/AC4PRE-ORDER.jpg (http://s819.photobucket.com/user/montagemik/media/AC4PRE-ORDER.jpg.html)

Artemisthemp
05-07-2013, 11:12 AM
I can see on the tracking, that mine was delivered today ad 11:00 (11am).
Guess my neighbor sign for me :) So good to live in area, where that can happen.

GazesAtMoon
05-08-2013, 01:53 PM
I should have mine by now, except that UPS delivered it to a house like 5 doors down whilst I was out (completely unavoidable due to a dentist appointment) and when I last checked, they were out, so I haven't a clue when I'll be able to pick it up from them now :P.

Sayajin87
05-08-2013, 03:09 PM
Just received mine today too:D So nice packed. The map looks nice and the case even nicer. Can't wait for the game to be out. BTW mine is Xbox 360 Black Chest edition. I cannot wait till new xbox arrives so i am ok with playing it on 360:)
See u in the watch all:D

AntiChrist7
05-13-2013, 03:42 PM
Got mine a few days ago. How exactly do you share the watch on fb/twitter? Cause i havent got artwork or costumes to upload...

lothario-da-be
05-13-2013, 08:53 PM
Got mine a few days ago. How exactly do you share the watch on fb/twitter? Cause i havent got artwork or costumes to upload...
You are on 9lives not? I'am almost sure ive seen an AntiChrist there.

itsamea-mario
05-15-2013, 08:31 PM
O HEYYYYYYYYY GUISE!!!
howwww ya doooiiiiinnnnnnnn????

Skar_DCS-SDR
05-15-2013, 11:48 PM
Today, I’ve recieved my Black Chest Pre-Order Map from Ubishop and I’m very very disapointed.
Others shops sent me their maps and they are perfectly, but, the Ubishop Map is folded.
You can see the differences in this image:

https://fbcdn-sphotos-d-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/936730_10201225143296996_1061964695_n.jpg

Others maps (Brotherhood, Liberation, AC3 guide) are made with glossy paper and it doesn’t matter folding them but these are made like a vintage paper as the Altaļr Codex and the fold marks do the map horrible.I think that after paying 150€ for the Black Chest Edition we deserved a map in perfect condition.
It will be possible that I change it soon?
I hope yes

AntiChrist7
05-16-2013, 09:38 AM
You are on 9lives not? I'am almost sure ive seen an AntiChrist there.

Yep, I normally prefer another username, but that one was already taken, so i took this one.

Ive posted there a few times in the console thread about ACIV, but thats only because the pc-section doesnt has one, and it would be a bit overkill to start one

pacmanate
05-16-2013, 09:40 AM
Today, I’ve recieved my Black Chest Pre-Order Map from Ubishop and I’m very very disapointed.
Others shops sent me their maps and they are perfectly, but, the Ubishop Map is folded.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-d-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/936730_10201225143296996_1061964695_n.jpg

Others maps (Brotherhood, Liberation, AC3 guide) are made with glossy paper and it doesn’t matter folding them but these are made like a vintage paper as the Altaļr Codex and the fold marks do the map horrible.I think that after paying 150€ for the Black Chest Edition we deserved a map in perfect condition.
I hope yes

Erm, you have 3, stop complaining.

rob.davies2014
05-16-2013, 11:25 AM
And it is meant to be like a pirate map. They probably got a bit ruffled.
Was this really worth posting? Did you expect a replacement?

lothario-da-be
05-16-2013, 03:55 PM
And you get another flag in the CE itself.

Skar_DCS-SDR
05-16-2013, 04:00 PM

I hope yes
Erm, you have 3, stop complaining.

I have 3 because I've done the pre-order in 3 different shops, but the worst is the Ubisoft map, the others shops maps are perfect, but from Ubisoft is fold and it isn't seen very well

:(

lothario-da-be
05-16-2013, 04:03 PM
I have 3 because I've done the pre-order in 3 different shops, but the worst is the Ubisoft map, the others shops maps are perfect, but from Ubisoft is fold and it isn't seen very well

Why are there different maps in the first place?

DavidPage
05-16-2013, 04:06 PM

Are those ALL the available preorder maps or are there more of them?

Dag_B
05-16-2013, 05:01 PM
Why are there different maps in the first place?
They represent the different locations of your preordercontent. Just count the red crosses, they differ. And the name of the preorderpack is on it.

Skar_DCS-SDR
05-16-2013, 09:31 PM
Are those ALL the available preorder maps or are there more of them?
There are 4 preorder maps.

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.575818252450816.1073741826.199004696798842&type=1

AntiChrist7
05-16-2013, 10:54 PM
great. I wanna log on to the watch, but when i enter my email and password, it says "right verification, but you dont have the rights to acees this page". Im only member for one week and it throws me out already....Offcours, trying to use the code again doesnt work.

Seriously ubisoft, do i have to open a question in your support section every month or what?

Dag_B
05-16-2013, 11:15 PM
It seems everyone has that problem, I do not think that a support question is needed at the moment.

Mr_Shade
05-17-2013, 10:12 AM
It seems everyone has that problem, I do not think that a support question is needed at the moment.
it would alert the team quicker..

i have alerted them now.

Dag_B
05-17-2013, 09:09 PM
I thought as everybody has that problem, there will be more than enough tickets regarding this problem. ^^

AntiChrist7
05-17-2013, 10:03 PM
Well its fixed now.

How do you share stuff on facebook btw?

pacmanate
05-17-2013, 11:16 PM
Well its fixed now.

How do you share stuff on facebook btw?

What do you mean?

lothario-da-be
05-18-2013, 03:36 PM
They represent the different locations of your preordercontent. Just count the red crosses, they differ. And the name of the preorderpack is on it.
Is that why these CE are so expensive? Because they have to make tons of different maps?

pacmanate
05-18-2013, 05:56 PM
Is that why these CE are so expensive? Because they have to make tons of different maps?

Yes!

Mr_Shade
05-18-2013, 06:19 PM
Yes!
Oh you have a breakdown of the many different budgets and marketing costs?

oooh please share!

;)

pacmanate
05-18-2013, 10:29 PM
Oh you have a breakdown of the many different budgets and marketing costs?

oooh please share!

;)

Soz, I'm under NDA :p

MasterAssasin84
05-19-2013, 04:12 PM
What do you mean?

With the Watch when you post stuff ie Art photgraphs ect there is an option at the bottom that allows you to share it on twiiter or FB .

I got my watch code as soon as pre ordered .

Ureh
05-19-2013, 07:07 PM
Is The Watch similar to the Live by the Creed Community for AC1 & 2?

itsamea-mario
05-20-2013, 02:58 AM
Is The Watch similar to the Live by the Creed Community for AC1 & 2?

Yes, except 10X more dumb.

andysmith1990
05-20-2013, 05:03 AM
I pre-ordered before the watch was announced on the 27th of march. Have not received anything to do with the watch. No e-mail, no post. Do i need to contact support.

Dag_B
05-20-2013, 03:32 PM
Which country do you live in? At the moment, the watch is only for EMEA countrys and not for North America, as far as I know.

Mr_Shade
05-20-2013, 03:52 PM
Yes, except 10X more dumb.

Lets not be insulting please...

andysmith1990
05-21-2013, 01:20 AM
Which country do you live in? At the moment, the watch is only for EMEA countrys and not for North America, as far as I know.
I live in the UK

montagemik
05-21-2013, 09:55 AM
I pre-ordered before the watch was announced on the 27th of march. Have not received anything to do with the watch. No e-mail, no post. Do i need to contact support.

I thought The Watch for European Areas was announced on March 25th same time as Collector editions. :confused: , Available via Ubi-shop & Game.co.uk .

( i received a code from GAME within seconds .............& a code from ubi-shop within 4 days )

If you have your 'Order number' - I Suggest contacting 'whoever you ordered from' & ask about your pre-order content .

MasterAssasin84
05-21-2013, 11:46 AM
I thought The Watch for European Areas was announced on March 25th same time as Collector editions. :confused: , Available via Ubi-shop & Game.co.uk .

( i received a code from GAME within seconds .............& a code from ubi-shop within 4 days )

If you have your 'Order number' - I Suggest contacting 'whoever you ordered from' & ask about your pre-order content .

I ordered mine through game to and recieved it straight away !!

GnomerPile
05-23-2013, 05:35 AM
Is this in canada yet? ?

montagemik
05-23-2013, 06:01 AM
Is this in canada yet? ?

NO

I'm sure if it is EVER made available to N.A regions Ubisoft would make a 'Permanent Thread' announcing 'the watch' for N.A Regions .............(just like with EMEA regions)

So far they haven't .

montagemik
05-23-2013, 06:21 PM
A big thank you to the Assassin Creed team for the "ITEM" you sent me
I love it and will treasure it ;) and it will be on The Watch very soon

Oooooooh What's the 'ITEM' ?

Or is it super secret & only the segragation club are allowed to know ......

waynedavies89
05-23-2013, 07:03 PM
Oooooooh What's the 'ITEM' ?

Or is it super secret & only the segragation club are allowed to know ......

I would say, but I believe others are also getting one and I really don't want to spoil it for them incase they haven't got it yet :)

montagemik
05-23-2013, 07:22 PM
I would say, but I believe others are also getting one and I really don't want to spoil it for them incase they haven't got it yet :)

So making a PUBLIC Thank you for something Exclusive to the segragation Experts gang is just so everybody else knows YOU guys get something OTHERS DONT ?
as i thought .

Sounds real community based this 'Watch' thing - It's really bringing everyone together . :rolleyes:

waynedavies89
05-23-2013, 07:36 PM
So making a PUBLIC Thank you for something Exclusive to the segragation Experts gang is just so everybody else knows YOU guys get something OTHERS DONT ?
as i thought .

Sounds real community based this 'Watch' thing - It's really bringing everyone together . :rolleyes:

Who said it was an "Exclusive to the segragation Experts gang" ? I bloody didn't lol

What was given to us, me and 1 other person to my knowledge, can be bought anywhere online. Its not just about "community", personally its a job to me, a job we don't get paid for doing, we do it because we love and support the franchise.
So forgive me if Ubisoft/Assassin's Creed send me a little something as a thank you for a ****ton of hard work and I want to say thank you back lmfao!!!!
Stop bloody crying :p

flyin-bart
05-23-2013, 08:28 PM
Its a beta copy of the game........hes a beta tester.

waynedavies89
05-23-2013, 08:43 PM
Its a beta copy of the game........hes a beta tester.

lol oh hell no its not that

montagemik
05-23-2013, 09:27 PM
Who said it was an "Exclusive to the segragation Experts gang" ? I bloody didn't lol

What was given to us, me and 1 other person to my knowledge, can be bought anywhere online. Its not just about "community", personally its a job to me, a job we don't get paid for doing, we do it because we love and support the franchise.
So forgive me if Ubisoft/Assassin's Creed send me a little something as a thank you for a ****ton of hard work and I want to say thank you back lmfao!!!!
Stop bloody crying :p

A Public thank you for a Private award ...............What was the point if not to show everybody else You're more valued to Ubisoft -

Half the playerbase is already excluded from even joining this site for dedicated fans who support the franchise (buy actually buying the merchandise ) ,
Just ask North America .

A Private thank you in a P.M would make more sense for a private matter . but the "LMFAO & Stop crying" attitude seems to be infectious amongst those 'included' in the gang ,whenever non members question anything . :rolleyes:

waynedavies89
05-23-2013, 10:02 PM
A Public thank you for a Private award ...............What was the point if not to show everybody else You're more valued to Ubisoft -

Half the playerbase is already excluded from even joining this site for dedicated fans who support the franchise (buy actually buying the merchandise ) ,
Just ask North America .

A Private thank you in a P.M would make more sense for a private matter . but the "LMFAO & Stop crying" attitude seems to be infectious amongst those 'included' in the gang ,whenever non members question anything . :rolleyes:

.Ok ye, on reflection, putting a thanks in the thread does seem stupid and I'm sorry, but it wasn't to show anything, but my gratitude

I am annoyed North America cant join the site though, but hopefully they well do soon, just like sooner or later the site will be open to everyone (the same thing they do with pre-order content)

The "LMFAO & Stop crying" was directed at you simply because since day one you have complained, hell you directed that personally at me in PM within an hour of me getting my Expert Sig, why? because I had one....
Like I said then, you have a problem? Take it up with the AC team, the people who made The Watch, picked the Experts and made the decisions. NOT the people who feel lucky as hell to be given such an opportunity.

flyin-bart
05-24-2013, 03:04 PM
Ok ive joined the watch as i preordered the black chest edition through the ubi shop.
But i cant add the sig link thats on the first post to my posts. Keeps coming up with a bad URL message. Any ideas anyone?

montagemik
05-24-2013, 03:14 PM
Ok ive joined the watch as i preordered the black chest edition through the ubi shop.
But i cant add the sig link thats on the first post to my posts. Keeps coming up with a bad URL message. Any ideas anyone?

Seems to work fine .....................

flyin-bart
05-26-2013, 10:30 AM
Seems to work fine .....................

Nope......everytime I try and upload it under "option 1 - enter the URL to the image on Another Website: " option it comes up with "Invalid URL"

I even tried to use a direct copy of your URL in the quote above and that didn't work!!!

flyin-bart
05-26-2013, 10:34 AM
I have just tried to save the pic to my computer and use "option two - upload image from your computer"

and it still doesn't work!! however it now display's the image under "your current signature picture" in the options screen.......weird!!!!

Question..........do you have to change the signature permissions at the bottom of the edit signature page to get it to work? or is this pre set?

montagemik
05-26-2013, 11:45 AM
I have just tried to save the pic to my computer and use "option two - upload image from your computer"

and it still doesn't work!! however it now display's the image under "your current signature picture" in the options screen.......weird!!!!

Question..........do you have to change the signature permissions at the bottom of the edit signature page to get it to work? or is this pre set?

Right click on the SIGNATURE i posted & Copy . ( or copy full URL address )
Go to your 'settings' - Edit Signature .................. In the White message box click the Add Image icon . & PASTE the signature into the signature message.

It's literally just Copy/ Paste to add the image from the forums ( just added it to mine as example ) ................I Didn't need to save any image to my computer .

flyin-bart
05-26-2013, 12:07 PM
Right click on the SIGNATURE i posted & Copy . ( or copy full URL address )
Go to your 'settings' - Edit Signature .................. In the White message box click the Add Image icon . & PASTE the signature into the signature message.

It's literally just Copy/ Paste to add the image from the forums ( just added it to mine as example ) ................I Didn't need to save any image to my computer .

ok......followed to the letter.

It even shows it in the preview, I then clicked on save signature and...........

BLANK!!!! lol.

I'm gonna get to the bottom of this.........might pass a bit of time till the game release, may even get it sorted by Nov 1st!!!!!!

flyin-bart
05-26-2013, 12:24 PM
Hey..........I'm in the gang now!!!!!!

Ok guy's.....tell me all your secrets :cool:

xX ThE ImP Xx
05-26-2013, 12:51 PM
Assassins creed 4 black flag wishlist

If you agree with this share so someone from ubisoft might see it!

First of all..
I dint like the hole pirate theme to an ac game but in a new franchise I would love it. I think that ac should be in places and time periods you don’t know much about. So not America. I would like to see less famous places like Georgia, Fiji or Nepal, But done is done and Ubisoft cant change that now so im not going to talk about that more. And im focusing on what to improve, There are some things in ac4 that seems to be good. And im not changing it to much, just small little improvements. Im not talking of how bad the story is, because there are already so many youtube videos covering that.

Stealth

What is stealth?
Ac should be about stealth, the ac3 developers doesn’t seem to know what stealth is, so let me explain what it is. Stealth is when you sneak around not being detected. The reason to do this is often because its to hard just run up and kill everyone. With that being said I think that the guards should be harder. In ac3 the developers said something like this, “well, you can use stealth if you want to, now you can choose either to be stealthy or just run up and kill everyone.” It might sound good, but when you are playing stealthy you should fear to be detected. In the the ac games I didn’t feel that. Because when you got detected you could just kill everyone so easy. So its hard to make a good game when youre combining stealth and easy fighting, Ubisoft should decide wich one they want, not both. I, as many, prefere stealth.

Another thing is the detection system. In many situations in ac3 its almost impossible to be stealthy because of many small little things. When they see you a little bit, and youre trying to, lets say hiding in a haybale,you automaticly jump out the haybale, I mean you should at least be able to try to hide if you want to.
I think that should kill as small amount of people as possible, in order to innovate players to do this, make the guards shearch around everywere if they see a dead body, if they add this feature, you would also need to hide dead bodys, in previos ac games the guards would just look at the dead body for a while and then continue as nothing happened.
Stealth features

Stealth was gone in ac3, though they gave some new stealth features like pushing yourself up against corners and trees and crouching in bushes. To improve this they should add some new features. Something I always wanted in ac games was the ability to crouch and lay down. This would make the stealth more realistic and more fun. It would look a lot cooler to crouch up to a guard and kill him in some situations than go straight up and casually kill him. It would also make you hide behind smaller objects such as boxes. Lay down would make you crawl behind really small objects, and maybe even under some objects. The push yourself against the corner could be improved by being able to push yourself against walls without standing in a corner. Another feature I think would be cool is if you could throw a rock or a coin to attract guards.

Stealthy environment
Ac3 didn’t had stealthy environment. The roothtops were flat and boring and the little things you hide on roothtops in were gone. The frontier were also pretty flat and open, its to hard to be stealthy in that kind of environment. I hope that the djungels in ac4 will be a lot more dense and uneven, what ive seen so far in the trailers it actually seems to be it. The citys also look more uneven and should be fun to be stealthy in. Acr had (in my opinion) a very good city with a lot buildings.

Missions
Mission setup
The ac4 developers have sad that ac4 mission setup will be similar to ac1, that they give you a simple objective and then you choose in an open area how you want to accomplish that. This is a very good thing and in, especially acr and ac3, the missions were very un controllable and you coudnt choose what you wanted to do, you had to follow a specific path. But in ac1 that missions were in a very small area and it was very easy. I hope that in Ac4 You will get, lets say a target that you are suppose to kill. You will be in a kinda big area with a lot of buildings, boxes bushes and trees. And then with all the stealth fetures I wrote about. Try to kill him in any way you want.
Side missions
The side missions in ac3 was terrible. The letter missions were all the same, really easy and very repetitive. The only sidemissions that were kind of good were the homestead missions.
The side missions in ac4 should fit in to the pirate theme, some of them should be connected to the main story and you should do them because they are interesting not just because they are in the game. Red dead redemption has really good side mission setup. They were interesting you didn’t have to finish them right away, for instince, in one mission you needed money to do the side mission, and if you didn’t have that, you would have to wait. It also have some infinite side missions, like ac4 have in sea called the horizontal system, hope they have it on land to. Basicly you can just randomly go by someone who needs help, a ship to board or a whale to harpoon. This is keeping you busy all the time.
Connor is everywere!
One thing I hated in ac3 was that a lot of the missions had nothing to do with the templars and assassins, only the American revolution. Connor meets every single historical character , and every historical events Connor is there. And its not just like he is watching it he, just a random guy, all the sudden gets in charge of a army or a cannon, and its just so weird!
I hope they bring back mystery and puzzles like in ac2, but in mayan ruins.

Small problems
A few small features I didn’t like in ac games.
In ac3 they removed the locking system wich I didn’t like. Very often when im in a fight and want to pick up a rifle, I cant just unlock them and pick it up anymore, now I have to run around a bit to get rid of the lock and pick it up.
In ac2 brotherhood and revelations you had medicine that made your health full, I didn’t like that. In ac3 they removed it. Good! But it takes to long to die, its to easy. And the health is coming back to fast.
Making money is way to easy in the ac games, and when you do its just sending convoys and stuff. You should having to work to get money. And in ac you get money from every main mission for some reason.
This list goes on and on and I don’t feel like going through all the small problems...

If you agree with this share so someone from ubisoft might see it!

thekarlone
05-27-2013, 03:12 AM
I think there's a problem with the badges.
http://gyazo.com/6c1267577fe3d4553a85114019013a0a

If I look at the code, my disguise level is 3*, but my badge icon still blue. Also, I think that's not the symbol of that badge, it looks more like a compass, I think is the Maps badge.

*If you check out the others it is clear that level 1 = blue, level 2 = silver, level 3 = gold.

montagemik
05-27-2013, 09:47 AM
I think there's a problem with the badges.
http://gyazo.com/6c1267577fe3d4553a85114019013a0a

If I look at the code, my disguise level is 3*, but my badge icon still blue. Also, I think that's not the symbol of that badge, it looks more like a compass, I think is the Maps badge.

*If you check out the others it is clear that level 1 = blue, level 2 = silver, level 3 = gold.

LOL , No idea what you're talking about - your post is kinda vague .......................& your LINK tries to download/ install a program when clicked . :rolleyes:

thekarlone
05-27-2013, 01:40 PM
LOL , No idea what you're talking about - your post is kinda vague .......................& your LINK tries to download/ install a program when clicked . :rolleyes:

Sorry about the image. Here's a new one. http://oi43.tinypic.com/339k9sm.jpg

waynedavies89
05-28-2013, 01:38 AM
Sorry about the image. Here's a new one. http://oi43.tinypic.com/339k9sm.jpg

Ye, i think they are aware of this, the art badge was doing the same at the start. Now you all see why is only available for EU Pre-order, its still basically in Beta

montagemik
05-28-2013, 01:45 AM
Ye, i think they are aware of this, the art badge was doing the same at the start. Now you all see why is only available for EU Pre-order, its still basically in Beta

The Script often stops working for me ...........
And i can't help think some kind of thumbnail gallery & pages may be better than infinite scroll system for viewing fan-art / photos.

Markie577
05-29-2013, 08:08 PM
Hey guys, I got a question, I have pre ordered the game at a partner of you (Bol.com). And now they say that they don't have codes anymore. I have ordered it 3 weeks ago. Can they do this?

Mr_Shade
05-29-2013, 08:14 PM
Hey guys, I got a question, I have pre ordered the game at a partner of you (Bol.com). And now they say that they don't have codes anymore. I have ordered it 3 weeks ago. Can they do this?
Hi,

If the retailer has run out of codes, I'm sorry, but apart from moving your pre-order to someone else, who has some left, not much else I can suggest.

SamBushen24
06-11-2013, 09:46 PM
Hi guys,
I've preordered mine through game. They gave me a map also. On it, it says that the code is at the bottom of the map. There's nothing there on mine. Completely black space! Any ideas? Cheers

shop5107FB585
06-12-2013, 05:56 PM
Sorry, if this has already been mentioned somewhere in the thread, but how do I do the Pirate's Trophy?

GnomerPile
06-12-2013, 06:49 PM
Any Idea when the watch is coming to North America??

bartman116
06-13-2013, 08:17 PM
I pre ordered from game in the uk and I didn't get a code for the watch
can anyone help
do I get the code or not

shop5107FB585
06-14-2013, 07:57 AM
I pre ordered from game in the uk and I didn't get a code for the watch
can anyone help
do I get the code or not

You'll receive it in the post shortly.

Ureh
06-14-2013, 10:02 AM

Probably never. :nonchalance:

bartman116
06-14-2013, 05:46 PM
i did it through a game store not online
so will I get the code for the watch

montagemik
06-15-2013, 01:24 AM
i did it through a game store not online
so will I get the code for the watch

Game.co.uk send out Watch codes via e-mail within seconds or minutes of pre-ordering.

No idea about pre-ordering from a GAME retail store. Go back & ask the store 'where' your code is or when you'll get it .

montagemik
06-18-2013, 02:36 AM
If someone has the code please share with us (http://www.superantojo.com.mx/comida-a-domicilio/df/del-valle/pizzas/) :)

Ain't nobody got time fo dat !

It's a 1 code 1 use - unlocks game content linked to U-play account . So no freebies , we ain't yo parents.

AntiChrist7
06-19-2013, 10:55 PM
why are there 12 hexagons and only 5 mission types? please tell me its gonna be expanded, cause i dont have art skills or costumes

SamBushen24
06-20-2013, 11:18 PM
Can someone tell me, I'm now a member of the watch, however can't remember something right at the start of becoming a member. Did we have to choose which console we wanted the Pride of the West Indies game content to be on? Because I'm actually going to be changing my Xbox 360 preorder to a Xbox one preorder and want to know if I need to change anything and if so how?

montagemik
06-20-2013, 11:26 PM
Can someone tell me, I'm now a member of the watch, however can't remember something right at the start of becoming a member. Did we have to choose which console we wanted the Pride of the West Indies game content to be on? Because I'm actually going to be changing my Xbox 360 preorder to a Xbox one preorder and want to know if I need to change anything and if so how?

Your 360 DLC activation isn't valid for XB1 content . Contact the retailer you pre-ordered with to see what happens with order changes.

I think the P.O.W.E Content is linked to your U-play account & console is determined by activation code . (x360 DLC pre-order code is different to PS3 DLC pre-order code)

SamBushen24
06-20-2013, 11:36 PM
Your 360 DLC activation isn't valid for XB1 content . Contact the retailer you pre-ordered with to see what happens with order changes.

I think the P.O.W.E Content is linked to your U-play account & console is determined by activation code . (x360 DLC pre-order code is different to PS3 DLC pre-order code)

So do you think they will give me a new VIP watch code? If so how will I change it on the Watch to allow me get the extra content on the Xb1?

montagemik
06-21-2013, 12:09 AM
So do you think they will give me a new VIP watch code? If so how will I change it on the Watch to allow me get the extra content on the Xb1?

Different DLC code will be given for XB1 edition ( I Guess) - This activates XB1 DLC for your U-play account .
When you play XB1 AC4 - Link your XB1 account to your U-play , then download . (I Guess)

NondairyGold
06-23-2013, 01:45 PM
Ok, I'm on the Watch and the only thing I got to say is that they really should introduce some kind of filter on the upload content section!!! It's gotten ridiculous, all you see is the same pic's being posted over and over, maybe a limit on how many you can post in a day too. Oh and some new games, but I guess that that's coming soon!

lillyandrew
06-25-2013, 06:17 AM
Still having problem in downloading :(.

thefreeman28989
06-26-2013, 03:23 PM

I feel your pain. It feels like the members are at a cool party I just flat out was not invited to lol ...feels like real life? Yes. :p But I for some reason still feel like Ubi is going to come out of left field with a cool collectors edition for us with codes for The Watch. I have zero proof of this but I can dream. Okbye

waynedavies89
07-11-2013, 07:10 PM
Hey guys who hasn't got their access codes yet?

NondairyGold
07-12-2013, 11:27 AM
If you're talking about the 3 free one's for the Master of Recruitment,then that would be me! Also, where do I enter the coordinates for Master of the Compass. I don't know if it's broken or not, but when you click on it it flashes up for less than a second(the 3 clues). I managed to get a screen shot of them (the 3 clues), I found the coordinates and now I'd like to know what to do with them?

waynedavies89
07-12-2013, 12:34 PM
If you're talking about the 3 free one's for the Master of Recruitment,then that would be me! Also, where do I enter the coordinates for Master of the Compass. I don't know if it's broken or not, but when you click on it it flashes up for less than a second(the 3 clues). I managed to get a screen shot of them (the 3 clues), I found the coordinates and now I'd like to know what to do with them?

Ye there is a slight problem with it

NondairyGold
07-12-2013, 01:05 PM
Cheer's! While you're here I don't seem to be getting any points. By that I mean I've been stuck on 39500 for the past 3 to 4 weeks now and I've noticed other's with 48000, surely I should have gained a few in that time, I'm on every day and post pic's and share/like and all that stuff. Thanks in advance :)

Sugar-Serpent
07-12-2013, 06:46 PM
I have 3 free activation codes to give away to those who would like access to The Watch. If anyone is interested, PM me! :)

Ureh
07-14-2013, 12:17 AM
Joined the Watch yesterday. Uploaded two fan art so far, this is the second one:

http://www.ac4bf-thewatch.com/initiates/upload/20130714/big_51e1de89517e6.jpg

Hopefully I'll be able to come up with a new idea such as: female egyptian assassin, or female granny assassin.

Muerthe
07-14-2013, 10:53 AM
Hey guys who hasn't got their access codes yet?

That would be me as well... Are they supposed to come in e-mail or inside The Watch itself?

I refreshed the page a couple of time and got it to work correctly, so you can try this as well ;)

Cheer's! While you're here I don't seem to be getting any points. By that I mean I've been stuck on 39500 for the past 3 to 4 weeks now and I've noticed other's with 48000, surely I should have gained a few in that time, I'm on every day and post pic's and share/like and all that stuff. Thanks in advance :)

Same here, but I got even more buggy.. My own score shows I have 41500 point, but on the Ranking I'm with 39500. Plus I got several cosplay pics with 10+ likes (some even 15+) and I'm still stuck with the first level of badge for Master of Disguise... :/

NondairyGold
07-14-2013, 01:24 PM
I refreshed the page a couple of time and got it to work correctly, so you can try this as well ;)

Cheers mate worked perfectly.

Same here, but I got even more buggy.. My own score shows I have 41500 point, but on the Ranking I'm with 39500. Plus I got several cosplay pics with 10+ likes (some even 15+) and I'm still stuck with the first level of badge for Master of Disguise... :/

Haha snap! The exact same thing is happening to me. As for the master of disguise, don't know what's going on there I've got 76 likes on various cos play pic's and I'm still not even on bronze!!!!!!

Maybe they're working on it

And what's with the Expert's section!!! I don't want to offend anyone but the standard ain't very high there is it lol :)

AntiChrist7
07-14-2013, 01:31 PM
i dont understand that compass thing

Ureh
07-14-2013, 03:41 PM
@AntiChrist7 At least you have the coordinates right? I don't even know where to start searching! :P

NondairyGold
07-14-2013, 04:25 PM
So let me get this right Ureh , you're a member of the watch for one day, and somehow you've managed to get four post's on the Expert section.... One after another....

Are you sleeping with one of the mod's :)

AntiChrist7
07-14-2013, 07:18 PM
@AntiChrist7 At least you have the coordinates right? I don't even know where to start searching! :P

me neither. i only visit the site every few days, and every hour more **** is uploaded to it. if ubisoft thinks im gonna wade through all of that based on some vague clue, they are wrong bigtime

Ureh
07-15-2013, 05:37 AM
@AntiChrist7 Ooooh, so it might have something to do with the uploads? Hm, that does sound tedious.

@Nondairygold Nothing sinister, I just accepted an unsolicited invitation was all. I didn't know the Experts section was off limits to new members. Is there a post limit?

edit:
Here's the Female Egyptian Assassin I promised (the pic became pixelated for some reason):
edit:
Better pic:
http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3834/9290829700_bac2678497_b.jpg

SixKeys
07-15-2013, 07:30 PM
I just got an invitation from someone. I have no idea how this site works, lol. :p Every time I log in, it keeps offering me missions I've already started or completed. I haven't gotten any codes for the Master of Recruitment mission and I seem to be permanently stuck on 2750 points.

NondairyGold
07-15-2013, 09:38 PM
Yeah it seems a little buggy at the mo, I'm sure they're working on something to solve it.

Ureh
07-16-2013, 02:14 PM
I haven't received the recruitment codes yet but noticed that some members have. :O

Muerthe
07-16-2013, 06:55 PM
I haven't received the recruitment codes yet but noticed that some members have. :O

Don't worry, you're not the only one ;)

NondairyGold
07-16-2013, 10:12 PM

You only signed up a few day's :)
If you get them before I do, I'm going to be seriously pissed lol !!!!

Ureh
07-17-2013, 03:52 AM
I hope you get them before me too. :)

If I do receive any codes I'll be posting them in this thread (if it's allowed). :P xD

AntiChrist7
07-17-2013, 01:37 PM
I got recruiment codes in my mail, and i gave one to someone i know, but i havent got any credit for it in the recruitment section.
I know she used it, cause she told me it worked...

Anybody got any light about that compass btw?

Muerthe
07-17-2013, 01:43 PM
I got recruiment codes in my mail, and i gave one to someone i know, but i havent got any credit for it in the recruitment section.
I know she used it, cause she told me it worked...

I'm not sure if it works the way you'll get credits if she'll earn points herself. Not sure however, still waiting for my codes :/

Ryuke87
07-24-2013, 09:48 AM
I pre-ordered the Buccaneer edition of AC4 from GAME (UK) who are listed as a participating retailer, and the offer is listed on GAME's product page, however I still don't have a code to participate in The Watch. I have been waiting about 3 months now and emailed GAME a while ago regarding the issue. Their response was that they have not received any codes from Ubisoft for The Watch to email out to customers who have pre-ordered yet, and that I should continue waiting.

Has anyone else pre-ordering the PS4 edition from GAME received their codes? If they have already all been sent out I won't be happy, as I pre-ordered months ago. I'll cancel my pre-order and order direct from Ubi if this is the case, but would just like to know what the situation is first. Thanks in advance!

RinoTheBouncer
07-24-2013, 01:47 PM
I'm a member. It's a great website. I just don't know how am I supposed to play MASTER OF THE COMPASS.

Ureh
07-24-2013, 02:29 PM
I'm a member. It's a great website. I just don't know how am I supposed to play MASTER OF THE COMPASS.

They give you three clues, which can be found in three pictures I assume. Supposedly you'll find the picture clues in the gallery (where members upload pics/vids). But I think there are so many uploads every hour, the clues get buried right away. You can guess the three coordinates by moving the slider in the compass (it'll flash green when correct). I'm not sure if there's any penalty for guessing though.

I pre-ordered the Buccaneer edition of AC4 from GAME (UK) who are listed as a participating retailer, and the offer is listed on GAME's product page, however I still don't have a code to participate in The Watch. I have been waiting about 3 months now and emailed GAME a while ago regarding the issue. Their response was that they have not received any codes from Ubisoft for The Watch to email out to customers who have pre-ordered yet, and that I should continue waiting.

Has anyone else pre-ordering the PS4 edition from GAME received their codes? If they have already all been sent out I won't be happy, as I pre-ordered months ago. I'll cancel my pre-order and order direct from Ubi if this is the case, but would just like to know what the situation is first. Thanks in advance!

Not sure about the availability of codes at GAME but they were supposed to give out 3 codes to current members. But it seems like that was cancelled too.

The community is pretty straightforward, you just upload pics/vids and get points (I guess the pts go towards prizes but not sure if they're all given away already). That's it really. :p

Ryuke87
07-24-2013, 04:26 PM
Not sure about the availability of codes at GAME but they were supposed to give out 3 codes to current members. But it seems like that was cancelled too.

The community is pretty straightforward, you just upload pics/vids and get points (I guess the pts go towards prizes but not sure if they're all given away already). That's it really. :p

That's exactly the point I was trying to trying to make to GAME, that if there are rewards which are limited then I am missing out due to no code! I know I'm not missing out on anything major, but still I choose to pre-order to participate in these things. Bah! They won't get my money then, simple. I'll re-pre-order from Ubi.

dranita
07-25-2013, 09:04 PM
How do you do master of the codex? am i missing something?

Ureh
07-25-2013, 09:06 PM
That's the first time I heard of Master of the Codex! I want to know too. :O

AntiChrist7
07-26-2013, 09:29 AM
Done one puzzle, they are like those ring puzzles in the glyphs of AC2 and ACB

Also managed to get the compass after a lot of guesswork

Sugar-Serpent
07-26-2013, 10:30 AM
I still have 2 free activation codes to give away to those who PM me. :)

RinoTheBouncer
07-26-2013, 12:21 PM
Can someone please help me solve the Philip Gosse Compass puzzle? I don't have a clue where I should look to find the coordinates.

Ureh
07-26-2013, 03:07 PM
Can someone please help me solve the Philip Gosse Compass puzzle? I don't have a clue where I should look to find the coordinates.

They list three clues I think, right? Each clue leads to one set of coordinates. I think you're supposed to find the clues in the Gallery feed, but they get buried cause of so many uploads. You can guess the coords (should take less than 5 min) but I'm not sure if that leads to a penalty of points.

@AntiChrist7 Oh sweet new puzzles, didn't seem them yesterday. :O :D
So awesome.

Muerthe
07-27-2013, 08:35 PM
Anyone got their Recrutation Codes for Master of Recruitement? Because I'm still waiting : /

RinoTheBouncer
07-28-2013, 02:39 AM
They list three clues I think, right? Each clue leads to one set of coordinates. I think you're supposed to find the clues in the Gallery feed, but they get buried cause of so many uploads. You can guess the coords (should take less than 5 min) but I'm not sure if that leads to a penalty of points.

@AntiChrist7 Oh sweet new puzzles, didn't seem them yesterday. :O :D
So awesome.

Thank you :)
The problem is I haven't done any of the challenges and the gallery is mostly fan artworks so how can I find them in the gallery?

Brostok
07-28-2013, 07:19 AM
The clues are located in the Expert and the News Avalanche section.
Not in the fan artworks section (hopefully, we wouldn't be able to find anything there...)

RinoTheBouncer
07-28-2013, 01:52 PM
The clues are located in the Expert and the News Avalanche section.
Not in the fan artworks section (hopefully, we wouldn't be able to find anything there...)

Thank you. So for example, can you help me with the first Compass puzzle?

Ureh
07-28-2013, 02:42 PM
Oops, sorry about that. :eek::(

ctuagent15
07-28-2013, 03:58 PM
Philip Gosse is an author, there is a behind the black flag article about his book on pirates, you just have to find the article to get the coordinates.
to find coordinates you need to use the clues they give you to find them hidden in the news, expert and gallery feeds, don't forget you can filter the feeds to make it easer to find things in them,

superkootje
07-28-2013, 09:47 PM
I removed everything I posted here to post all my coordinates,
For the first mission (philip gosse, etc.) the coordinates are as followed:
1. 260
2. 55
3. 105

For the second mission (deep sea, etc.)
1. 140
2. 310
3. 10

(so far I haven't got anymore compass missions)

nightwind
08-05-2013, 09:59 AM
Hello,

Is there a special subforum for asking for support regarding The Watch? I seem to have a problem with the "Master of Recruitment" mission - two of the three friends I gave codes to have signed up, but I haven't received anything. Will I only receive points after all three have signed up?

Thanks

Thayin2012
08-05-2013, 07:37 PM
I live in South Africa and I'm actually quite disappointed with Ubisoft for not allowing a wider audience use the watch. I think that you should at least mention the fact that it won't be available everywhere in the video.

robinthefactory
08-08-2013, 03:00 AM
Ok this question may have been asked before, but where is my code for "The Watch" I pre-ordered from Gamestop months ago and still nothing.

Ubi-MoshiMoshi
08-08-2013, 10:43 AM
Hi, have you contacted Gamestop about this?

EllJim
08-08-2013, 10:48 PM
I removed everything I posted here to post all my coordinates,
For the first mission (philip gosse, etc.) the coordinates are as followed:
1. 260
2. 55
3. 105

For the second mission (deep sea, etc.)
1. 140
2. 310
3. 10

(so far I haven't got anymore compass missions)

Mind explaining how you worked these out please or at least the first set so I can understand the logic behind it.
I found the philip gosse aricle and the 260w codes in that. is it a simple thing then to go through all the articles for codes? I am concerned about the last clue and going through the gallery as it's being updated by the minute.....

Darth_Vovan
08-09-2013, 02:59 PM
Someone know how to achieve "Master of the secrets"?

LPfaint12
08-09-2013, 03:32 PM
how the frick do you do master of secrets >_< looking at code but i dont know what im looking for

Brostok
08-09-2013, 07:29 PM
AC is a video game, you should check for a video game code ;)

Darth_Vovan
08-09-2013, 09:01 PM
Still not understand...(

Kaspanova
08-10-2013, 12:38 AM
Does the Master of the Codex puzzle auto complete? I put the rings in the right way. Simple puzzle, 3 rings, but its not moving on.

Brostok
08-10-2013, 06:58 AM
Nope they don't auto complete. It's a bit tricky because you have tu put them at the right angle.
Try to move them a little bit in order to complete it.

Cardolan
08-10-2013, 11:17 AM
Someone know how to achieve "Master of the secrets"?

how the frick do you do master of secrets >_< looking at code but i dont know what im looking for

AC is a video game, you should check for a video game code ;)

Still not understand...(

Not really. Since there is no field to enter a code into...
I'd say press CTRL-U and look for a link to something that will then indicate you found it. Something like that trailer where you had to pause to find the secrets. Haven't found it myself though. Anyone know where to look exactly?

Or anyone know how to find hidden pages on a site sourcecode?

Brostok
08-10-2013, 01:53 PM
What is the most famous code that exists for like 2 decades in video games ?
One that you do at the start screen of lots of games...

Cardolan
08-10-2013, 02:59 PM
hehe, that hint went over my head immediately

CHEWB4CC4
08-10-2013, 03:20 PM
I found the solution of master of secret in the website code from the javascript game.js

The part of code below

// Konami Code
window.konamiCode = function() {
var code = [ 38, 38, 40, 40, 37, 39, 37, 39, 66, 65 ],
index = 0;

var testCode = function( e ) {
e = e.which;

if ( e === code[ index ] ) {
++ index;
if ( index === code.length ) {

Backbone.Mediator.publish("route","/",true);
Backbone.Mediator.publish("route","mission/hack", false);
Backbone.Mediator.publish( 'game:end', 'hack', { "kind": "closing" } );
$( window ).unbind( 'keyup', testCode );
}
}
else {
index = 0;
}
};

Cardolan
08-10-2013, 05:37 PM
awesome! now to find out what to do with it

Brostok
08-10-2013, 06:36 PM
Just type it ;) (doesn't work on Chrome with my computer)

CHEWB4CC4
08-10-2013, 07:00 PM
Work on chrome on my computer

cardolan you just need to type the Konamy code after starting hack mission.

Konami code is Up arrow, Up arrow, Down arrow, down arrow, left arrow, right arrow, left arrow, right arrow, B, A

GuardianEcho
08-10-2013, 08:18 PM
@chewb4cc4 thank you very much.

robinthefactory
08-11-2013, 12:56 AM
No, because I figured that they would send me an e-mail but I haven't recieved any.

dranita
08-11-2013, 12:13 PM
Anyone knows how many cosplay and art pictures u have to submit to get gold on those? im running out of pictures here..

Cardolan
08-11-2013, 02:46 PM
Anyone knows how many cosplay and art pictures u have to submit to get gold on those? im running out of pictures here..

It's not the number of pictures. It's how many people have "liked" it by hitting that thumbs-up button.

Sugar-Serpent
08-11-2013, 08:54 PM
Thanks to those who sent me PMs regarding the free codes - sorry to say that I've given all the codes away. There may be more recruitment missions; if so, I'll post on this thread. :)

Eiikelman
08-14-2013, 10:51 AM
@ Chewb4cc4, thanks alot!

Btw, for MASTER OF RECRUITEMENT, i used my 3 codes on friends, they used them, but i still did not get any points for them, any idea if they need to do more or just have to wait? They did it almost a month ago.

siege187
08-14-2013, 12:58 PM
Could be a site issue, but I recieved a code for the Watch on friday, and have come to redeem it today, and the vip site won't accept my login details, despite already been logged in. Any ideas?

Sheriff_Kelly
08-26-2013, 03:18 PM
Any update on the 'Master Of Recruiment' mission?

I've sent out my three codes to people who have all signed up but I'm still to receive my Watch points.

Any help on this would be much appreciated.

Ubi-MoshiMoshi
08-26-2013, 06:50 PM
Hi Sheriff_Kelly, could you PM me your Uplay username and I will investigate this for you.

pyrotechnick777
08-27-2013, 08:14 AM
any one still have free codes for the watch?

Dangmor
09-10-2013, 04:20 PM
I'm having a problem with the master of recruitment in that i never got an email to start it. Also my points seem to have frozen even after doing numerous mission. Any help would be appreciated

nintyfandavid
09-21-2013, 05:06 AM
I only just pre-ordered my Black Chest Edition for Wii U (have been unsure what edition to get, between this and skull edition, but decided to get the one where I get all DLC etc)! Anyway wondered if anyone knew how long it'll be before I get The Watch code??

Mr_Shade
09-22-2013, 08:19 PM
I only just pre-ordered my Black Chest Edition for Wii U (have been unsure what edition to get, between this and skull edition, but decided to get the one where I get all DLC etc)! Anyway wondered if anyone knew how long it'll be before I get The Watch code??

the pre-order pack, if offered - should be mailed out to you shortly - if you have concerns please contact support with your order info.

cyrax008
09-22-2013, 08:30 PM
I pre-ordered the game from GAME and I haven't recieved my code. I don't want to get the code a few days before the game ships, I want to properly enjoy this with everyone else.

Mr_Shade
09-22-2013, 08:42 PM
I pre-ordered the game from GAME and I haven't recieved my code. I don't want to get the code a few days before the game ships, I want to properly enjoy this with everyone else.

best to contact them directly.

Colonel_Noob786
09-25-2013, 01:00 AM
Hi I have a few questions:

1) how often do we get master of the book and master of the compass missions? because I have gold badge on everything except those two and there are currently no master of the book/compass missions

2) How do I get master of recruitment badge?

3) Is it possible to get gold for master of the secrets?

nintyfandavid
09-25-2013, 07:27 PM
Got my pre-order pack today. Guess the different treasure maps people have said about (theres 4 I think) are due to different ones from different stores & ubisoft one seems to be nost complete one.

Where do I find the missions on The Watch site (am guessing prob missed a lot as have pre-ordered only just over month before release)

nintyfandavid
09-25-2013, 07:34 PM
btw not sure if its because I paid via paypal but noticed that my I have already been charged for the whole amount rather than just pre-order charge. Just wondered if this had happened to anyone else??

Flutterwhat
10-17-2013, 03:14 AM
i haven't been charged by amazon yet, i dont have anything resebling a code. is this UK only?

Stealth Gamer92
10-17-2013, 05:23 AM
I pre-ordered from gamestop at the store last week and just noticed this watch thing today. Was I suposed to have gotten a code or something?

EllJim
10-17-2013, 03:33 PM
I pre-ordered from gamestop at the store last week and just noticed this watch thing today. Was I suposed to have gotten a code or something?

Are they quoting it on their website?

Game here in the UK, still are listing watch access as a preorder bonus for Special editions. (not standard).

Stealth Gamer92
10-17-2013, 03:42 PM
Aww man, I am poor so I had to get standard, that is most likely the problem.

superkootje
10-17-2013, 09:28 PM
Anybody got the coordinates for the latest Compass mission?
The one with "im going to join a crew" or something?

superkootje
10-19-2013, 08:42 AM
Got them all now:

1. Will you gather in a crew? 100 E
2. One expert likes arts and crafts alot... 40 N
3. Let's meet at the next event... 310 NW

SPENZTER17
10-19-2013, 01:32 PM
Hey can you guys make a dlc or an add on for Ezio's real cover outfit in AC Brotherhood

Mr_Shade
10-19-2013, 03:14 PM
Hey can you guys make a dlc or an add on for Ezio's real cover outfit in AC Brotherhood
This thread is for questions and advice about the watch! not for feedback or DLC requests.

superkootje
10-19-2013, 05:22 PM
Need help with the new masters of the compass:

1_Vinnie Tartamella shines in the fullmoon... 200
2_You can't miss the multiplayer trailer! 80
3_Did you see the tattoos in the Gallery ? 160

EDIT: I always ask for people to help and then I always solve them on my own :P

jammaers
10-20-2013, 03:47 PM
It's more a question what do you have to do if the master of the map does not work?

superkootje
10-20-2013, 05:24 PM
It's more a question what do you have to do if the master of the map does not work?
What's master of the map?

CaptCaleaus
10-21-2013, 08:04 AM
Yeah the Master of the Map isn't working for me either. I click 'Show me the map' and it just closes the mission and leaves me on the home/hub page.

superkootje
10-21-2013, 09:05 PM
What's with Jessica Nigri and her "two friends" over The Watch all the time?

deadeagleman
10-22-2013, 06:13 PM
anyone have recruitment codes, i like to join PLEASE, my game stop in ohio, usa dont have maps or leaflet or codes to the watch, all they says is they out of maps, AND never heard of leaflets or the watch..i try to show them the site , they still have no clue

rrebe
10-24-2013, 03:24 PM
I have two extra codes for The Watch.
My friends are sadly not interested so I'm going to give the codes to the first two who PM me and promise to use them wisely ;)

deadeagleman
10-24-2013, 10:05 PM
I send u a pm msg rebel

Zero Judgement
10-25-2013, 03:54 AM
I am having trouble signing up for The Watch. I have a code but when I try to log in on the link provided by the official sit, it keeps resetting and asking for my password. Can someone help me?

rrebe
10-25-2013, 05:15 AM
I send u a pm msg rebel
I sent you back something nice ;) Have fun!

I am having trouble signing up for The Watch. I have a code but when I try to log in on the link provided by the official sit, it keeps resetting and asking for my password. Can someone help me?
It should give you access to the Watch with your uplay username+password and the code o_O

I sometimes have a problem logging in the Watch, it keeps asking me the access code I've added a long time ago. But after waiting a bit I'm able to log in with no problem (with only username+password combo).

Idarak
10-25-2013, 11:08 AM
Hi, everyone. I can't access my The Pirate's Trophy pre-order content via the code on my map - I have a Uplay account, and when I connect, it sends me to the page where you choose your platform and email address (it explicitly says "Assassin! To unlock your exclusive in-game content please select one of the following consoles:"). It just won't let me select Xbox 360 as a console; all the options it gives are PC, PS3 and PS4. Don't tell me the content is exclusive to those platforms! Because I pre-ordered the game for Xbox in May and I think it would be ridiculous for Ubisoft to provide me with an unlock code that doesn't work for the game that I will be receiving. Any ideas?

Edit: I have just checked the source code and the remaining three options are available - I just can't access them in the drop-down menu.

Idarak
10-25-2013, 11:48 AM
Never mind, looks like I've sorted it. Had to use the arrow keys to move down while in the menu until it selected Xbox 360. Sorry for wasting time.

deadeagleman
10-25-2013, 02:13 PM
i would like to say thank u rebelmonster42..thanks for welcome me into ur brotherhood creed

rrebe
10-25-2013, 03:56 PM
i would like to say thank u rebelmonster42..thanks for welcome me into ur brotherhood creed

no problem, happy to help :)

1 more code remaining, any takers? I want my golden Master of Recruitment :3

deadeagleman
10-25-2013, 04:56 PM
MASTER OF COMPASSWill you gather in a crew ? 1OO E
One expert likes arts & crafts a lot 40 N
LET MET THE NEXT EVENT 340 W IF IT RIGHT

superkootje
10-25-2013, 05:02 PM
MASTER OF COMPASS

Will you gather in a crew ? 1OO E
One expert likes arts & crafts a lot 40 N
LET MET THE NEXT EVENT 340 W IF IT RIGHT

I allready put all compass answers scattered in this topic.

deadeagleman
10-25-2013, 05:15 PM
oh i didnt see im sorry dude thx for the heads up

superkootje
10-26-2013, 05:26 PM
Oh my god, The watch gallery is flooding with pics of Jessica Nigir, some are not even AC related.
You guys do know that she does not have such big b00bies right? she admitted herself that she uses make-up, push-up clothing and camera angles to make em appear bigger.

roostersrule2
10-26-2013, 05:40 PM
Oh my god, The watch gallery is flooding with pics of Jessica Nigir, some are not even AC related.
You guys do know that she does not have such big b00bies right? she admitted herself that she uses make-up, push-up clothing and camera angles to make em appear bigger.Good.

ShadowWolf61944
10-27-2013, 12:26 AM
So I pre-ordered two copies of Black flag one for PS4 and one for Xbox One I was able to get my Pride of the West Indies DLC code for PS4, but now it won't let go in and put in the other code for Xbox One, does anyone know how to get both DLC codes?

deadeagleman
10-27-2013, 01:44 AM
SHADOW...HEAD OVER HERE http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/803002-Assassin-s-Creed-IV-Black-Flag-Using-content-codes-before-the-29th

troysayshi
10-27-2013, 07:02 PM
So I pre-ordered two copies of Black flag one for PS4 and one for Xbox One I was able to get my Pride of the West Indies DLC code for PS4, but now it won't let go in and put in the other code for Xbox One, does anyone know how to get both DLC codes?

SHADOW...HEAD OVER HERE http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/803002-Assassin-s-Creed-IV-Black-Flag-Using-content-codes-before-the-29th

Too right shadow. I have the same problem as you only for PS3 and PS4. On my first redemption I chose PS3 when given a choice of platform. Then when I went back in with my second code I was not given a choice of platform. Infact my two Watch codes solicited the same Watch content activation key WTF.

DEADEAGLE. I followed your link and from what I can tell it didn't clarify this particular issue. It only related to single codes not activation of separate codes on separate platforms. I have sent a PM regarding this but the whole Ubi support thing is convoluted to say the least.

deadeagleman
10-27-2013, 10:48 PM
AYE MATE...understood ya........right now im waiting on more missions in the watch...there been none for last 3 days