PDA

View Full Version : Assassin's Creed 4 "The Watch" trailer

pacmanate
04-26-2013, 11:07 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WdQl6k8SBOU

Fan reaction seems bad looking at comments and likes and dislikes. It does seem boring.

ArabianFrost
04-26-2013, 11:48 AM
"All in...... THE WATCH, THE WATCH, THE WATCH"
"join....... THE BLACK FLAG, BLACK FLAG, BLACK FLAG"

Even the narrator sounded uncomfortable.
What the hell is this cheesy *** ad?

JonahBo96
04-26-2013, 12:01 PM
Okay so when do we get our fricking codes?!!?

ProletariatPleb
04-26-2013, 12:04 PM
Yeahhhhhh...no.

pacmanate
04-26-2013, 12:06 PM
"All in...... THE WATCH, THE WATCH, THE WATCH"
"join....... THE BLACK FLAG, BLACK FLAG, BLACK FLAG"

Even the narrator sounded uncomfortable.
What the hell is this cheesy *** ad?

I don't know, but it actually sounds really boring.

ProletariatPleb
04-26-2013, 12:08 PM
From what I've been told so far...it is.

pacmanate
04-26-2013, 12:12 PM
From what I've been told so far...it is.

Look at the UK video on the OP I just put up. Look at the likes/dislikes and comments...

ArabianFrost
04-26-2013, 12:17 PM

Unless they actually show exclusive material (like trailers and screens which will eventually leak to the web), then it is just like initiates with a few more games to fiddle with if you have A LOT of time to waste. Speaking of initiates, we never got to see anything exclusive (except the TOKGW bit), like we were promised. The watch will probably end up like initiates.

zerocooll21
04-26-2013, 12:20 PM
Could be entertaining if you're really bored.

Aphex_Tim
04-26-2013, 12:38 PM
You guys think that's AC4 soundtrack?
Sounds a little pompous imo.

pacmanate
04-26-2013, 12:45 PM
You guys think that's AC4 soundtrack?
Sounds a little pompous imo.

Not sure, sounds too trailerish. I cannot even imagine that being in the game at any point.

Sushiglutton
04-26-2013, 12:46 PM
Unless they actually show exclusive material (like trailers and screens which will eventually leak to the web), then it is just like initiates with a few more games to fiddle with if you have A LOT of time to waste. Speaking of initiates, we never got to see anything exclusive (except the TOKGW bit), like we were promised. The watch will probably end up like initiates.

The point of trailers, screenshots etc is to get people hyped for the game and buy it. To make them exclusive to those who have allready pre-ordered makes no sense to me either. Looks more like a compilation mini-games and fan-content. Nothing wrong with that.

montagemik
04-26-2013, 12:55 PM
Can't even log in to 'The Watch' ................... I Enter my account details - Then it asks for Activation code - given with the MAP . But it constantly says INCORRECT CODE - TRY AGAIN.
Mmmm Seems UBI Screwed up again , Because i already 'Activated' my DLC map code & registered on the Watch on APRIL 9TH :confused:.................
Now on Apr 26th - i have no way to access 'The Watch' .

Dag_B
04-26-2013, 01:16 PM
This is where I'd put my preodercode...
http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m3iz1hkRYM1qddo5h.png
If I had one!

(Hope Uplay sends soon...)

ArabianFrost
04-26-2013, 01:19 PM
The point of trailers, screenshots etc is to get people hyped for the game and buy it. To make them exclusive to those who have allready pre-ordered makes no sense to me either. Looks more like a compilation mini-games and fan-content. Nothing wrong with that.

They did this sort of thing with Battlefield Premium, so it wouldn't be too far-fetched IMO. Give normal people trailers and screens, then give THE WATCH members extra exclusive screens to give this thing some worth, otherwise, this won't account to much.

ProletariatPleb
04-26-2013, 01:24 PM
They did this sort of thing with Battlefield Premium, so it wouldn't be too far-fetched IMO. Give normal people trailers and screens, then give THE WATCH members extra exclusive screens to give this thing some worth, otherwise, this won't account to much.
Premium owner here, the only reason I bought it was that I'd get all the DLCs and pay less, and they gave some useless **** like dogtags and skins, that's about it.

klokkendoktor
04-26-2013, 01:31 PM
yeah i wanted to check it out but i never got a frickin code....:confused:
anyone else who never got the code?

ArabianFrost
04-26-2013, 02:30 PM
Premium owner here, the only reason I bought it was that I'd get all the DLCs and pay less, and they gave some useless **** like dogtags and skins, that's about it.

They did show premium members exclusive videos, though. With AC watch, they don't even give them any discounts or extra items, so they should at least give them some exclusive coverage to give it some. Although I disagree with doing so, it's a way to give the watch ACTUAL value, not some sissy mini-games, since they already gave those people pre-order bonuses.

ProletariatPleb
04-26-2013, 02:39 PM
They did show premium members exclusive videos, though. With AC watch, they don't even give them any discounts or extra items, so they should at least give them some exclusive coverage to give it some. Although I disagree with doing so, it's a way to give the watch ACTUAL value, not some sissy mini-games, since they already gave those people pre-order bonuses.
Yeah there were videos, which eventually came on Youtube or something. But it gave in-game content, that is why I bought premium it was cheaper than buying all the DLCs separately and plus getting some extra stuff, Frostzor.

TheHumanTowel
04-26-2013, 02:43 PM
What is with the horribly cringey adverts Ubi are making these days? All that "epic" music and the absolutely horrendous cliche voiceover about a bloody website. It's self-parody at this stage. Brings back memories of the horrible "Inside AC3"

Remember when AC ads used to be like this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ihyE5ZruPc

And yeah The Watch itself looks a little boring. I'm also confused as to how it's any different than Initiates.

prince162010
04-26-2013, 02:55 PM
Bad boring video no news till now" even they didn't show us anything about the exclusive bonuses.... that's not what we expected Ubi :( :(

silvermercy
04-26-2013, 03:07 PM
Can't even log in to 'The Watch' ................... I Enter my account details - Then it asks for Activation code - given with the MAP . But it constantly says INCORRECT CODE - TRY AGAIN.
Mmmm Seems UBI Screwed up again , Because i already 'Activated' my DLC map code & registered on the Watch on APRIL 9TH :confused:.................
Now on Apr 26th - i have no way to access 'The Watch' .
I had the same problem initially. Just go to the "initiates" address if you can. There I could log in.

ArabianFrost
04-26-2013, 03:13 PM
Yeah there were videos, which eventually came on Youtube or something. But it gave in-game content, that is why I bought premium it was cheaper than buying all the DLCs separately and plus getting some extra stuff, Frostzor.

I was too lazy to make another unique reply, guy who copies stuff from here to r/assassinscreed and makes them think that he is some sort of super secret Ubi leaker, when he actually just frequents the forums much ;)

ProletariatPleb
04-26-2013, 03:22 PM
I was too lazy to make another unique reply, guy who copies stuff from here to r/assassinscreed and makes them think that he is some sort of super secret Ubi leaker, when he actually just frequents the forums much ;)
Low blow and untrue :P

pacmanate
04-26-2013, 03:34 PM
What is with the horribly cringey adverts Ubi are making these days? All that "epic" music and the absolutely horrendous cliche voiceover about a bloody website. It's self-parody at this stage. Brings back memories of the horrible "Inside AC3"

And yeah The Watch itself looks a little boring. I'm also confused as to how it's any different than Initiates.

Oh that trailer. Never seen it before but was so good. I love Altairs wrist flick for the hidden blade. Not like Connors/Edwards/Haythams downward thrust.

Low blow and untrue :P

You do what?!

ProletariatPleb
04-26-2013, 03:37 PM
You do what?!
As much as I know this isn't serious. I'm tired of these disingenuous accusations because apparently some people believe Ubiforums is the one true source for everything and any information shared anywhere else is copied from here.

ArabianFrost
04-26-2013, 03:39 PM
As much as I know this isn't serious. I'm tired of these disingenuous accusations because apparently some people believe Ubiforums is the one true source for everything and any information shared anywhere else is copied from here.

Me sorry, O' all info-acquiring one.

ACfan443
04-26-2013, 03:45 PM
Oh god, that voiceover and that music, so clichéd.
This whole thing just sounds stupid, just focus on the damm game and stop with the silly gimmicks and marketing ploys.

ZeSpecter
04-26-2013, 03:45 PM
I don't even know if I will be pre-ordering it for the Xbox 360 or the next-gen Xbox... Is The Watch codes only limited for a short amount of time, like for example throughout April, or will I still get a code if i pre-order it in for example May?

MadJC1986
04-26-2013, 04:11 PM
Oh god, that voiceover and that music, so clichéd.
This whole thing just sounds stupid, just focus on the damm game and stop with the silly gimmicks and marketing ploys.

I was thinking the same thing. I like the Assassins Creed Games. But wtf is "The Watch" ? At least they released the AC Black Flag Gameplay Trailer without asking us to share a website on twitter/ facebook.....

Mr_Shade
04-26-2013, 04:26 PM
People having issues logging in ...

You redeem the code here: www.assassinscreed.com/vip (http://www.assassinscreed.com/vip)

You would then get an email welcoming you to the site [check your spam folders] - and a new URL:

http://www.ac4bf-thewatch.com/

Hope that helps.

For those confused about what it is - some information here:

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/767193-Welcome-to-The-Watch-a-guide

TheHumanTowel
04-26-2013, 04:41 PM
Too many people assert disingenuously these days.

ProletariatPleb
04-26-2013, 05:05 PM
Too many people assert disingenuously these days.
Ginger

twenty_glyphs
04-26-2013, 05:19 PM
LOL. This looks ridiculous. One of the "puzzles" appeared to show dragging Altaïr, Ezio, Connor and Desmond's pictures into the correct chronological order. Exciting stuff! This reeks of desperation to me. For pre-ordering, you basically get access to a dedicated marketing portal for the game you just pre-ordered. And seriously? They're touting access to "the very best of fan art"? As if the official Assassin's Creed Twitter account doesn't tweet out a link to new fan art every other day or so? I'm tired of seeing fan art and cosplay linked to all the time as a cheap way of promoting the Assassin's Creed brand anyway.

I'm not pre-ordering Assassin's Creed games for the foreseeable future, Ubisoft. If I buy your game, it will be because it looked like a good product after it was released and got good fan feedback. Why should I pre-order a game that you've shown almost nothing of 6 months before its release just to get access to an "exclusive" marketing portal?

Spider_Sith9
04-26-2013, 05:23 PM

When people actually cared for Altair and AC1... ;_;

Warender101
04-26-2013, 05:47 PM
Just to ask, why are the UK and Europe the only ones getting this?? Why are us Americans being left out in the cold? Or does Ubisoft have something different for us planned? I really don't understand....

klokkendoktor
04-26-2013, 06:21 PM
The UK is part of Europe...
America isn't included? okay that's odd...

Bastiaen
04-26-2013, 06:40 PM
I'm mad that I can't do this because I'm in the US.

Locopells
04-26-2013, 07:27 PM
The UK is part of Europe...
America isn't included? okay that's odd...

http://youtu.be/zE4LF6i3zmc

BRANDON-BARTIE
04-26-2013, 07:54 PM
I lost access to The Watch now. I don't know why, but it's asking me to enter my code (even though I'm already a member) and not accepting my old one.

SixKeys
04-26-2013, 08:45 PM
Ubi's marketing strategy these days seems to be to come up with a new online campaign/website every year for the latest game and then to abandon it as soon as the game is out. Project Legacy, the Abstergo website that seems to be permanently stuck in limbo, Initiates and now the Watch.

And LOL, "exciting features" = shifting pictures of assassins in the right order.

pacmanate
04-26-2013, 08:59 PM
and lol, "exciting features" = shifting pictures of assassins in the right order.

lollzz. Also "THE WATCH"

"THE WATCH......."

"THE WATCH!!!">>>>

monster_rambo
04-26-2013, 09:06 PM

same here, and the maps aren't that good. they are too big especially for console players that can't utilize 64 players in a server. the modes suck too like air superiority and capture the flag. the maps have so little originality and it just feels the same as armoured kill. i miss the old bad company 2 when it actually felt like a battlefield.

ProletariatPleb
04-26-2013, 09:12 PM
same here, and the maps aren't that good. they are too big especially for console players that can't utilize 64 players in a server. the modes suck too like air superiority and capture the flag. the maps have so little originality and it just feels the same as armoured kill. i miss the old bad company 2 when it actually felt like a battlefield.
I like a few of them, and they're fine on the PC. But yeah I miss BFBC2 a lot, This is more CoD than Battlefield.

ArabianFrost
04-26-2013, 09:23 PM
This is more CoD than Battlefield.

NO!I understand that some maps are more urban than other, but a lot of maps still retain the battlefield feel and nearly all of them are enormous. Some BF games had urban maps, doesn't mean they aren't paying respect to BF. I understand BF3 has a higher proportion of these maps, but reducing it to COD is a huge overstatement. The one thing that gets to me more than anything is the lack of destruction. Shifting between BFBC2 and BF3 is a nightmare with destruction.

klokkendoktor
04-26-2013, 09:26 PM
http://youtu.be/zE4LF6i3zmc

Hahaha sharp :P okay that made me laugh :P
but still you get my point that it's geographically a part of the continent :P
But still very sharp and funny

ProletariatPleb
04-26-2013, 09:29 PM
NO!I understand that some maps are more urban than other, but a lot of maps still retain the battlefield feel and nearly all of them are enormous. Some BF games had urban maps, doesn't mean they aren't paying respect to BF. I understand BF3 has a higher proportion of these maps, but reducing it to COD is a huge overstatement. The one thing that gets to me more than anything is the lack of destruction. Shifting between BFBC2 and BF3 is a nightmare with destruction.
I wasn't talking about maps when I said more like CoD...

Locopells
04-26-2013, 09:35 PM
Hahaha sharp :P okay that made me laugh :P
but still you get my point that it's geographically a part of the continent :P
But still very sharp and funny

Glad to amuse. First thing that popped into my mind as soon as you said that!

monster_rambo
04-26-2013, 09:41 PM

Sorry, I agree and disagree. Yes, the maps are big but the controls and the feel of the game is like COD. Especially with close quarters and the new game modes. Seems to be trying to introduce some gimmicky modes that is not part battlefield. They are trying to appease COD players by being more action oriented. If you want a good game that actually feels like a battlefield I think it'll be ARMA 3. Actual military simulator.

ArabianFrost
04-26-2013, 09:48 PM
I wasn't talking about maps when I said more like CoD...

This is what people generally complain about. What, other than the maps and ludicrous weapon customization, gives a COD vibe?

ArabianFrost
04-26-2013, 09:52 PM
Sorry, I agree and disagree. Yes, the maps are big but the controls and the feel of the game is like COD. Especially with close quarters and the new game modes. Seems to be trying to introduce some gimmicky modes that is not part battlefield. They are trying to appease COD players by being more action oriented. If you want a good game that actually feels like a battlefield I think it'll be ARMA 3. Actual military simulator.

Playing conquest on consoles, the game retained a slow pace like the other entries in the series. Rush is rush, so why are you complaining about action. Tactics wise, I don't see much difference between BFBC2 and BF3 on the bigger maps.

monster_rambo
04-26-2013, 10:15 PM
Playing conquest on consoles, the game retained a slow pace like the other entries in the series. Rush is rush, so why are you complaining about action. Tactics wise, I don't see much difference between BFBC2 and BF3 on the bigger maps.

The change in the controls and the feel of a battlefield shooter into a COD shooter. Bunny hopping, dropshots, automatic fire more accurate than burst fire in this game, xbow, close quarters, gun master(I don't know why it isn't free 4 all if they are going to make a gun game), TDM (no real objective, just kills), tank superiority, air superiority, and capture the flag. Tell me if these things are part of battlefield. I admit that they were fun but the feel of a game is different from bad company 2. It feels more like call of duty and it is that way to attract gamers from COD. Rather than working on their core gameplay and refineing conquest and rush, they are trying to add in modes and maps that make it feel fresh when is not. There is little difference in the maps in end game compared armoured kill and in fact they feel sort of the same. Aftermath, aside from a few tremors, there is really little special about the maps. Scavenger, although a cool concept, doesn't really add much to the gameplay and is not very dynamic. It is more like a different version of gun game. I still think is fun, but the feel of bad company 2 is not there and for me is not as fun it is use to be.

ACfan443
04-26-2013, 10:32 PM
Just went back and looked at the video again, and LOL at the number of dislikes it has. Great to see not everyone is sucked in by this.

pacmanate
04-26-2013, 10:38 PM
Just went back and looked at the video again, and LOL at the number of dislikes it has. Great to see not everyone is sucked in by this.

I started a flame war, by mistake. I basically said how AC has stayed stale in quality, how there are no big gameplay improvements etc, and I got like 7 people attacking me. Idiots. They told me to go and play CoD instead.... IDIOTS> KSFKASL;
c]s

ACfan443
04-26-2013, 11:28 PM
I started a flame war, by mistake. I basically said how AC has stayed stale in quality, how there are no big gameplay improvements etc, and I got like 7 people attacking me. Idiots. They told me to go and play CoD instead.... IDIOTS> KSFKASL;
c]s

I saw it haha

Dag_B
05-16-2013, 08:12 PM
Did you try to direct visit the side from the watch?

http://www.ac4bf-thewatch.com/initiates/

itsamea-mario
05-16-2013, 08:21 PM
I love watches.