PDA

View Full Version : The biggest irony regarding the news outlets perception of ToKW... (slight spoilers)

Farlander1991
04-25-2013, 04:59 PM
...is that for all their rage about having George Washington as the antagonist, in the end he is shown in a much more positive light than he was in the main AC3 storyline.

I find that highly amusing.

BATISTABUS
04-25-2013, 05:05 PM
From the Fox News article...

Curators at George Washington's Mount Vernon estate acknowledged that the story line represents a "fictionalized scenario involving George Washington," but expressed no opposition to the game.

"Unlike other historic military figures, Washington admirably stepped away from power and returned to private life," Mount Vernon spokeswoman Melissa Wood said in a statement to FoxNews.com. "George Washington set the precedent for this democracy’s peaceful transition of power. Mount Vernon hopes that this game will give its players some perspective on this important accomplishment, which is often overlooked."

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/02/19/french-company-releases-video-game-depicting-george-washington-as-villain-to-be/#ixzz2RUY0AqXO

I'd say that certainly was accomplished, especially with that bit at the end.

Locopells
04-25-2013, 05:57 PM
Hah!

BTW, off topic I know, but where on the Watch is everyone getting those sigs?

Spider_Sith9
04-25-2013, 08:09 PM
Hah!

Good question. Also, is it too late to sign up to The Watch?

And if this was made as a bet against Activision, where is Activision's part of the bet?

Jack_Pirate
04-25-2013, 08:26 PM
yeah they didnt really portray washington the way i thought he would be. one more reason i like AC. it makes you question if what you have learned all your life about certain figures in history is true.

Nothing is true...

pacmanate
04-25-2013, 08:43 PM
You only get into the watch if you are the best fans.

zerocooll21
04-25-2013, 09:06 PM
You only get into the watch if you are the best fans.

I tried to stalk you but alas, I haz no twitter.

pacmanate
04-25-2013, 09:24 PM
I tried to stalk you but alas, I haz no twitter.

Buy one off eBay ;)

ArabianFrost
04-25-2013, 09:56 PM
Hah!

In the words of Shade, it is not related to your intensity of passion for the series. It is a title only given to guys who have contributed to the community in one way or another via fan fiction, fan films or videos. You also get access to the watch, free of charge. I'm envious.

pacmanate
04-25-2013, 10:07 PM
In the words of Shade, it is not related to your intensity of passion for the series. It is a title only given to guys who have contributed to the community in one way or another via fan fiction, fan films or videos. You also get access to the watch, free of charge. I'm envious.

Free access too?! **** this ***** to hell man ********* ****!!!! Why the *** do I ****** not have access to the ***** watch the ***** pieces of ****!!!

ArabianFrost
04-25-2013, 10:17 PM
Free access too?! **** this ***** to hell man ********* ****!!!! Why the *** do I ****** not have access to the ***** watch the ***** pieces of ****!!!

It's your fault you didn't conjure some fan fiction or fan video, I guess. I was upset myself, but forgot about the whole thing after a while. Just pre-order AC4 for the watch although you still wouldn't get that badass sig.

Also, the criteria don't seem nonsensical. You give to the community, you get some back.

pirate1802
04-26-2013, 04:44 AM

Calm yo tits!