PDA

View Full Version : The usual installation problem

SaintPerkele
04-25-2013, 12:10 AM
Hey everyone,
I know that this question has been posted several times already but of all the topics I found, none was properly answered, so I'm trying it again.

When I downloaded The Betrayal, ACIII made me install the most recent patch first. However, as many others out there, I couldn't do that, due to "Couldn't backup file C:\Program File (x86)\Ubisoft\Assassin's Creed III\multi\Data PC.forge to file C:\Program File (x86)\Ubisoft\Assassin's Creed III\BACKUP\multi\Data PC.forge" for whatever reason. So all of a sudden the file became corrupted or what? I did my research back then and most answers where "Just reinstall the whole game, no biggie!".

I did that and it took ages. Deinstalling the game. Reinstalling it. Starting it, download patch 1, close it. Start it again, download patch 2 and so on, until I finally had the newest patch installed. I certainly don't want to do that again.

So for some reason I thought that this was probably my fault and Ubisoft wasn't to blame for this and here I am now, trying to install The Redemption, and guess what happened. The same ****. Come on, this is obviously a fault on Ubisoft's side, how can they fail that two times in a row? I really don't have the time to reinstall everything. Is there a quick solution for that? If not, I would probably demand a refund, but I doubt that Ubisoft would do that. Thanks in advance.

And no, I'm not filling a damn help ticket for that. I'm sure that this problem has been reported several times already and I'm not waiting several days just to get a generic response that doesn't help at all or just tells me to reinstall the game.

SaintPerkele
04-25-2013, 12:37 PM
Okay, I actually re-installed the game and have almost the same problem as before, only that the updates now can't update AC3MP.

HELP PLEASE.

Ubi-MoshiMoshi
04-25-2013, 12:55 PM
Hi, even though you do not want to submit a ticket to Technical Support I do suggest you do as they will be able to troubleshoot this with you, with PCs there usually is more than one reason why people get errors and Technical Support will gather your personal computer specifications and from this they can diagnose the issue easier, not only this they can also gain information about how many this is affecting and if there is any particular hardware which causes it. This helps others as from this information they can often create patches or support articles.

The forums are not a replacement for Technical Support, they are here so people can discuss our games.

The link to Technical Support is in my signature.