PDA

View Full Version : Assassins creed 2 appreciation/message to Ubisoft

Saberine97
04-23-2013, 02:53 PM
Hey, I was just listening to the superb soundtrack of Ac2, and i must say that this game is probably the best in the series so far.
I would like to dedicate this thread to ask Ubisoft to take a break from the assassins creed franchise.
Assassins creed 4: Black Flag looks good, however since Ac2 and Brotherhood, nothing has been as engaging story-line and game-play wise as Ac2 was.
Ubisoft, PLEASE consider giving the Ac franchise a bit of time after Black Flag, Just so the franchise can breathe and come back original and doesn't become like a yearly money maker. If you think about it, you gave the Far cry franchise a couple of years and came back with an outstanding game, I would just like to see the same thing happen to Ac instead of the franchise turning into unoriginal rushed games.

Thank you.

x___Luffy___x
04-23-2013, 03:23 PM
AC3 was not developed in a year . it was in making from a long time and while we are talking about this they probably are making AC5 . i dont mind the yearly releases , i like them.
i know AC3 had many problems but i loved it , it was freaking awesome.
for me it was the best gameplay wise , the fighting, the freerunning ,connor was the best assassin after altair.

pirate1802
04-23-2013, 04:13 PM
I'd say Connor is my favourite Assassin behind none. I loved AC3 despite its many flaws. Its a flawed beauty to me. But yeah, AC2 still remains the best IMO and I'd want Ubisoft to take time to properly release the games to reach the same heights again.

pirate1802
04-23-2013, 04:14 PM
while we are talking about this they probably are making AC5

They indeed are. Wasn't there a news a few days ago that Jade Raymond was working on the "next" AC?

Soulid_Snake
04-24-2013, 02:28 AM
They indeed are. Wasn't there a news a few days ago that Jade Raymond was working on the "next" AC?

Yep, it was a few weeks back, they're taking away the fun for waiting for these games. AC is becoming a disposable franchise.

IceColdLaraCroft
04-24-2013, 02:54 AM
I like that we get a new game pretty much every year, but it doesn't make me want to spend money on DLC, or Multiplayer because let's be honest once a new game comes out you can't use an older Multiplayer, because no one else is playing it. So maybe they could just have one dedicated multiplayer and with each new game add content/characters/locations/actions.

I loved AC2 for how it immersed you into Italy. You fall in love with Ezio, the other games haven't done that.

Soulid_Snake
04-24-2013, 03:20 AM
I like that we get a new game pretty much every year, but it doesn't make me want to spend money on DLC, or Multiplayer because let's be honest once a new game comes out you can't use an older Multiplayer, because no one else is playing it. So maybe they could just have one dedicated multiplayer and with each new game add content/characters/locations/actions.

I loved AC2 for how it immersed you into Italy. You fall in love with Ezio, the other games haven't done that.

This is why they'll never make a AC game better than AC2, everything gelled so well. What made Renascence good, it was a cultural movement, now they're gonna keep picking war torn/radical periods to fuel their Hollywood fantasies.

poptartz20
04-24-2013, 03:32 AM
I feel that the reason people love Italy so much is because it's something people didn't know that much about. The American Revolution just didn't/doesn't appeal to alot of people which is perfectly fine. As Pirate said. I love AC3 it's the only one that I refuse to sell. ( I've bought all of them at one point and traded/sold them for other games etc.) It's a flawed beauty for sure. Too bad it was just a bit before it's time, a bit too ambitious, and considering how loved Ezio was by the community it was tough for Connor to follow up that act considering most people just don't like CHANGE.

AC3 to me was a game that made you think a little bit more as well and was subtle with character changes and overall was just a different experience which some didn't like and other did. Oh well I love the game and story. The gameplay suffered sometimes due to glitches and some mission design, but it's okay though! Still a great game too me! Kudos Ubisoft for daring to be BOLD.

Stardust235
04-24-2013, 03:33 AM
The reason AC3 was flawed was they spent too much time on the engine and probably had less than a year to work on the game itself.
Black Flag is a different story (I hope).

poptartz20
04-24-2013, 03:34 AM
The reason AC3 was flawed was they spent too much time on the engine and probably had less than a year to work on the game itself.
Black Flag is a different story (I hope).

Haha... isn't your 12 weeks over yet?

Assassin_M
04-24-2013, 03:49 AM
Appreciation for AC II ? Nah...
HUGE drop from AC I, imo

pirate1802
04-24-2013, 03:55 AM

I was wondering the same :p

Stardust235
04-24-2013, 04:11 AM
Has it been? I haven't been counting... M, can I take it off now? :p

Assassin_M
04-24-2013, 04:13 AM
Has it been? I haven't been counting... M, can I take it off now? :p
M allows this

hoodrat94
04-24-2013, 07:50 AM
man you gotta think of ac3 as some sort of hiccup! or puberty is guess! All Ubisoft games has suffered from such thing, they just break the traditional rules! Splinter Cell Conviction, Prince of Persia 2008, call of juarez the cartel! But with AC4, assassin's creed will rise again! And kick the a$s of call of duty for good! (JUST WANTED TO MENTION THAT! )
On an unrelated note, please do play Tyranny of King W! My respect and love for connor have increased by a lot after playing the third episode!

Stardust235
04-24-2013, 08:18 PM
M allows this
Thanks man!

BATISTABUS
04-24-2013, 10:17 PM
nothing has been as engaging story-line and game-play wise as Ac2 was.
I'd say AC2 had the worst story and game-play. Best things for me were the cities, music, and tombs. Either way, AC2 should NOT be held as a model for future installments in the AC franchise.