PDA

View Full Version : Edwards Look. What's the Deal?

STDlyMcStudpants
04-23-2013, 02:15 AM
I don't know if this has been brought up yet or not, but why does Edward not have the eagle beak hood?

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/13/138522/2912575-ac4bf_confirmed.jpg

Everything else is cool..make up, yeah he's a pirate....but the hood bothers me :D
Anything else you guys have noticed about him that don't seem right?

http://i34.tinypic.com/29lod8k.jpg

Assassin_M
04-23-2013, 02:16 AM
this again -_-

projectpat06
04-23-2013, 02:19 AM
this again -_-

I must have missed the discussion about this but do you have any idea why they might have went this way?

Assassin_M
04-23-2013, 02:21 AM
I must have missed the discussion about this but do you have any idea why they might have went this way?
I dunno, why did they remove the scar from lip ? why did they drop the eagle names ?? it doesn't mean anything....no significance whatsoever, but everyone making a big deal out of it for no reason

PandaPuff86
04-23-2013, 02:25 AM
I dunno, why did they remove the scar from lip ? why did they drop the eagle names ?? it doesn't mean anything....no significance whatsoever, but everyone making a big deal out of it for no reason

This. Also add Aveline with "no hood? not an assassin" crap. I mean really, who gives a damn...

STDlyMcStudpants
04-23-2013, 02:27 AM

Eagle isn't a big deal?! Are you listening to your words you speak! Eagel vision, the 6th sense!
It's almost as important is the finger branding :DD

STDlyMcStudpants
04-23-2013, 02:29 AM
This. Also add Aveline with "no hood? not an assassin" crap. I mean really, who gives a damn...
Me..I do. -_-
It's all about the hood! >:(

Assassin_M
04-23-2013, 02:30 AM
Eagle isn't a big deal?! Are you listening to your words you speak! Eagel vision, the 6th sense!
It's almost as important is the finger branding :DD
Not really...eagle vision is eagle vision. an extraordinary sense that some people with twcb genes posses ...what does that have to do with eagle beaked hoods and scars ?? branding fingers is an Assassin tradition, has the beaked hood been mentioned as such ?? Nope...

projectpat06
04-23-2013, 02:32 AM
True. I just thought there may have been a good discussion I missed. My guess for the lack of beak in the hood was bc it hinders the assassin's range of vision. Not the best thing when it comes to steering a ship.

STDlyMcStudpants
04-23-2013, 02:34 AM
Not really...eagle vision is eagle vision. an extraordinary sense that some people with twcb genes posses ...what does that have to do with eagle beaked hoods and scars ?? branding fingers is an Assassin tradition, has the beaked hood been mentioned as such ?? Nope...

who cares about the scar..i didnt even notice anyone but ezio had one from the rock lol, but m gonna laugh at this fool and be like "How cute, he went to hollister and thinks hes an assassin" the whole stinkin time

Assassin_M
04-23-2013, 02:35 AM
who cares about the scar..i didnt even notice anyone but ezio had one from the rock lol, but m gonna laugh at this fool and be like "How cute, he went to hollister and thinks hes an assassin" the whole stinkin time
Ezio, Desmond and Altair had scars, but meh...

do whatever you want. I still say that`s silly

SixKeys
04-23-2013, 02:39 AM
Eagle Vision was probably named eagle vision because Alta´r was sometimes referred to as "the eagle of Masyaf". After that it was just a nod to his lineage. Really Eagle Sense could just as easily be called Sixth Sense or First Civ Vision or something like that.

The real reason behind the removal of the beaked hood is probably because Desmond is gone now and Ubi want to move away from plot elements that were directly tied to him. Which is a little problematic because Edward, as far as we know, is still related to Desmond, so it seems an odd place to stop. If Edward wasn't in any way related to Desmond, it would make more sense to remove the eagle symbols.

TheBearJew32
04-23-2013, 02:42 AM
It's not makeup...

projectpat06
04-23-2013, 02:48 AM
As long as we can pull back the hood whenever we want in free roam, I honestly could care less what the hood looks like.

STDlyMcStudpants
04-23-2013, 02:50 AM
It's not makeup...

I'm no the most pirate savvy..love them..but don't know much about the black stuff they wear on their eyes..

AdamPearce
04-23-2013, 02:51 AM
Personnaly I hated his outfit, I don't care about the eagle hood really. but his outfit, meeh, it's horrible. and his mascara, that's just too much...

STDlyMcStudpants
04-23-2013, 03:05 AM
WHAT IF it's just because he doesn't fully accept his role as an Assassin in the Creed until the end of the game...Fine I'll wear a hood, but I'm wearing mine..and at the end of the story he says something witty, smiles pulls up a beaked hood and takes a leap of faith *cue eagle sound* credits
That is what im hoping for :D
Im curious to see why Haythen becomes Templar despite his Assassin father

Jack_Pirate
04-23-2013, 03:06 AM

I dont see why people expect any answers at all. i mean, use some common sense people, you know how little info there is on this game right now.

Assassin_M
04-23-2013, 03:07 AM
Forsaken Novel

STDlyMcStudpants
04-23-2013, 03:09 AM
I dont see why people expect any answers at all. i mean, use some common sense people, you know how little info there is on this game right now.
You would think with the interviews about the game, a true journalist would have asked this question first knowing their sh** ;)

rileypoole1234
04-23-2013, 03:19 AM
Aveline didn't even have a hood. It really doesn't make a difference whatsoever. I doubt Edward would even care enough himself to change it.

DisbandedBox359
04-23-2013, 03:34 AM
WHAT IF it's just because he doesn't fully accept his role as an Assassin in the Creed until the end of the game...Fine I'll wear a hood, but I'm wearing mine..and at the end of the story he says something witty, smiles pulls up a beaked hood and takes a leap of faith *cue eagle sound* credits
That is what im hoping for :D

kind of thinking the same thing, sure i read somewhere that edward wont always go along with the creed, probably no beaked hood to emphasise he's different from the others

TRUKITTN
04-23-2013, 05:03 AM
Shao Jun had a beak-less hood too. I don't think the lack of hood ornament (heh) is a huge deal, but I did like it as a sort of symbol of the series. Especially when it made an appearance on Achilles' hat. It was sorta... I dunno? Endearing? Anyway, if it were up to me, he'd have it. I don't think its anything more than a design choice, though. Nothing to really read into.

kriegerdesgottes
04-23-2013, 05:14 AM
It does bother me to some degree. I never liked the way Aveline looked either. Sorry but in my opinion you just can't look all that cool with a tri-corn hat. I just feel that the rest of Edward's outfit is pretty cool and I just feel it would look just that much cooler with the beaked out. It's just lost potential in my opinion. Every time I look at it I notice it. Oh well. It's too late to complain now I guess.

ProletariatPleb
04-23-2013, 05:20 AM
Let's name everyone eagle and let's give them all scars because the players are probably stupid and won't understand they are Desmond's ancestors and let's give them beaked hoods because they're named eagle and then suddenly introduce a wolf boy but he still has eagle vision ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.......

Assassin_M
04-23-2013, 05:35 AM
ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.......
I was so surprised with Connor, I thought he wasn't Desmond`s ancestor....He didn't have..........DAT SCAR o_0

ProletariatPleb
04-23-2013, 05:45 AM
I was so surprised with Connor, I thought he wasn't Desmond`s ancestor....He didn't have..........DAT SCAR o_0
OMG I thought the same and his name doesn't say Eagle either!

pacmanate
04-23-2013, 06:06 AM
The red cloth is more significant :P

Jack_Pirate
04-23-2013, 06:07 AM
you know he is going to have alternate costumes too right?

xboxauditore
04-23-2013, 06:22 AM

I wonder what kind of alternate costumes he'll have. :rolleyes:

I-Like-Pie45
04-23-2013, 06:25 AM
Yes, he will likely have both a pointed hook and a flat hook.

Oops, did you mean hood? Never mind what I just said!

xx-pyro
04-23-2013, 09:54 AM

So much this. As someone with a heavy background in genetics and virology it makes me **** bricks laughing when people seem to imply that scars are genetically coded.

Sushiglutton
04-23-2013, 10:05 AM
I think he looks awesome. There may be story reasons for why his hood looks more home made. The other assassins inherited their outfits from the order. Edward seems to be more of a loose cannon.

AjinkyaParuleka
04-23-2013, 10:17 AM
You are worrying for the hood?He looks more badass with that non-beaked hood.Also,I am worrying about the holster,the hip guns look so stupid without them lol.
And seriously,I don't think any character in AC actually reffered the sixth sense as 'Eagle Vision'.

waynedavies89
04-23-2013, 10:25 AM
people are seriously complaining about the no beaked hood? *facepalm*

TheHumanTowel
04-23-2013, 10:42 AM
I always liked the symbolic links between ancestors like the Eagle-like names, the beaked hood and the scar. I wouldn't mind if they used the eagle motif for just Altair and then moved on to something new but they followed it through having Ezio have all these links and then just stopped. It seems weird to set it up as if it's going to be a recurring thing and then abandon it. I don't know why he doesn't have a beaked hood. Beaked hoods are awesome and look way cooler than normal hoods.

ProletariatPleb
04-23-2013, 10:45 AM
I always liked the symbolic links between ancestors like the Eagle-like names, the beaked hood and the scar. I wouldn't mind if they used the eagle motif for just Altair and then moved on to something new but they followed it through having Ezio have all these links and then just stopped. It seems weird to set it up as if it's going to be a recurring thing and then abandon it. I don't know why he doesn't have a beaked hood. Beaked hoods are awesome and look way cooler than normal hoods.
Your location.

x___Luffy___x
04-23-2013, 11:03 AM
i actually like the way it is . i hope they give an option to pull the hood up and down whenever we want.

STDlyMcStudpants
04-23-2013, 07:06 PM
You are worrying for the hood?He looks more badass with that non-beaked hood.Also,I am worrying about the holster,the hip guns look so stupid without them lol.
And seriously,I don't think any character in AC actually reffered the sixth sense as 'Eagle Vision'.

There is nothing badass about a normal hoodie. -_-
Beaked hoods are where its at! :D
Edward is such a panzie having a normal hood..black beard was being sarcastic telling his tale on the trailer LOL
Arrr he's the most fierce pirate on the 7 seas (cuts off) black beard laughing his *** off ahhahahaahhaha

AssassinHMS
04-23-2013, 08:38 PM
This thread...
Worse than an assassin that doesn't dress exactly like he is "supposed" to, is an assassin who doesn't act and doesn't think like one. "cough"Connor"cough"

MasterAssasin84
04-23-2013, 09:36 PM
I don't know if this has been brought up yet or not, but why does Edward not have the eagle beak hood?

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/13/138522/2912575-ac4bf_confirmed.jpg

Everything else is cool..make up, yeah he's a pirate....but the hood bothers me :D
Anything else you guys have noticed about him that don't seem right?

http://i34.tinypic.com/29lod8k.jpg

Not an issue for me he has the white hood, he has the hidden blade - he is an Assassin IMO

AvK KiNgKoBrA
04-23-2013, 10:09 PM
But....but.....The Hood:(

pacmanate
04-23-2013, 10:17 PM
Not an issue for me he has the white hood, he has the hidden blade - he is an Assassin IMO

Haytham had a hidden blade. He was a templar.

Death_Aflame
04-23-2013, 10:40 PM
You do realize you'll be able to put the Alta´r outfit on Edward, right?

That's what I'm gonna do once I complete the story with Edward's normal outfit. As a tribute to the best Assassin ever, Alta´r.

SixKeys
04-23-2013, 10:43 PM
You do realize you'll be able to put the Alta´r outfit on Edward, right?

That's what I'm gonna do once I complete the story with Edward's normal outfit. As a tribute to the best Assassin ever, Alta´r.

How do you know they're gonna have an Alta´r skin in AC4?

MasterAssasin84
04-23-2013, 10:47 PM
Haytham had a hidden blade. He was a templar.

But seriously !! is the beak an issue ? i mean he has a white hood and Assassins blades which bear the emblem, i would be more pissed if he did not have the hood, albeit the old thread wear is the Assassin emblem on his robes because Ezio and Connor has it on their sashes ? as long as he has the white hood, Hidden blade and the red sash ( very menial ) then thats an Assassin the beak is a not a big issue, in actual fact i think Edwards robes are awesome.

Death_Aflame
04-23-2013, 11:07 PM
How do you know they're gonna have an Alta´r skin in AC4?

It's a tradition. His outfit will be on all Assassin's Creeds, because it was he who was the first Assassin you played, and it was so successful. So it's a tribute to him.

TheHumanTowel
04-23-2013, 11:34 PM
What's an Altair skin got to do with anything? This is about Edward's actual robes not having a beaked hood.

Death_Aflame
04-24-2013, 12:11 AM
What's an Altair skin got to do with anything? This is about Edward's actual robes not having a beaked hood.

I know, and the Alta´r outfit will have a beak on the hood, therefore Edward will have a beak.

TheHumanTowel
04-24-2013, 12:22 AM
I know, and the Alta´r outfit will have a beak on the hood, therefore Edward will have a beak.
He'll also be wearing robes from 10th century Middle East. Not exactly what you're looking for a pirate to wear.

MasterAssasin84
04-24-2013, 12:48 AM

Edward will not have a beak on his hood , the gameplay videos and character reveals have confirmed that. and as Human Towel said Edward is a pirate Altair's monk like robe's would not exactly fit the picture of a 17th century Scallywag of the seas.

SixKeys
04-24-2013, 01:06 AM
Edward will not have a beak on his hood , the gameplay videos and character reveals have confirmed that. and as Human Towel said Edward is a pirate Altair's monk like robe's would not exactly fit the picture of a 17th century Scallywag of the seas.

That didn't stop them from giving them to a native American in the same century.

poptartz20
04-24-2013, 03:17 AM
I really don't see why this is such a big deal... it's a hood people! It would be different if he didn't have a hidden blade. I could have sworn clothing doesn't make the assassin.

at the end of the day I'm sure Ubi will throw in an unlockable Ezio outfit and everybody will stop complaining and be happy again. Ezio is back! -_-

STDlyMcStudpants
04-24-2013, 07:06 PM
Something I just realized looking back at the AC series is that the recruits don't have beaks...only the beasts get the beaks (you have to earn it)..so i was right..he's a pansy ;D
http://pressthebuttons.typepad.com/.a/6a00d83452033569e20147e0740721970b-800wi

pacmanate
04-24-2013, 07:08 PM
Something I just realized looking back at the AC series is that the recruits don't have beaks...only the beasts get the beaks..so i was right..he's a pansy ;D
http://pressthebuttons.typepad.com/.a/6a00d83452033569e20147e0740721970b-800wi

:(

STDlyMcStudpants
04-24-2013, 07:22 PM
I'm not going to write him off though..technically Ezio was just a recruit too..but he inherited his hood.
The same can be said for Connor, but he actually kind of earned it in a way.
This basically means that through the majority of the game Edward will be proving himself. Almost as if this game is a test. Which leads room for a spin off ;)
And I'd venture to say he travels to Africa in search of the apple Assassins Creed: Genesis !!!!

pirate1802
04-24-2013, 07:50 PM
That didn't stop them from giving them to a native American in the same century.

Maybe because the said robes weren't constructed by the Native American but given to him by a proper assassin, same as Ezio and Altair. I have a feeling Edward's one would not be given to him by anyone but self-made. Hence the lack of beak.

projectpat06
04-24-2013, 08:08 PM
http://25.media.tumblr.com/4ea655cfd38a6bcc5d8b552ba19095cf/tumblr_mj1tkodJS61qfaw83o1_500.jpg

You can't un-see it

STDlyMcStudpants
05-02-2013, 12:22 AM
http://25.media.tumblr.com/4ea655cfd38a6bcc5d8b552ba19095cf/tumblr_mj1tkodJS61qfaw83o1_500.jpg

You can't un-see it

hahaha

Bashilir
05-02-2013, 12:48 AM
Don't care. It's not like I'm going to pan the camera around just to look at him. Plus, I don't care anyway. >.>

AdamPearce
05-02-2013, 01:02 AM
Sorry but in my opinion you just can't look all that cool with a tri-corn hat. .

http://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/2013/18/1367452901-haytham-kenway.jpg

Megas_Doux
05-02-2013, 01:15 AM
May be is just me, but I think he looks badass.......

http://www.gamewallpapers.com/previews_480x300/wallpaper_assassins_creed_4_black_flag_05.jpg

LoyalACFan
05-02-2013, 01:21 AM

http://www.gamewallpapers.com/previews_480x300/wallpaper_assassins_creed_4_black_flag_05.jpg

Especially with that cape/trenchcoat thing. I hope we actually get one of those in the game.

Megas_Doux
05-02-2013, 01:35 AM
It does bother me to some degree. I never liked the way Aveline looked either. Sorry but in my opinion you just can't look all that cool with a tri-corn hat..

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m9l7sdYaKj1rrod0mo1_500.jpg

Father and son beg to differ...

STDlyMcStudpants
05-02-2013, 01:48 AM

For a recruit... ;D
But I think I solved the why:P He just isn't a Master Assassin Yet in the game is all :)

sasukeuchiha50
05-02-2013, 01:56 AM
A beak on a hood does not make you an Assassin. Its your allegiance, ideology, and initiation what makes you what you are.