PDA

View Full Version : AC: Question for Ubisoft and for anyone else who wants to share their two cents.

BlackBuuma
04-22-2013, 09:33 AM
Spoilers may be present in the following text -.-

I have no clue if I'm even at the right place to place this.
However I'll ask anyways; The ancient civilization people (a.k.a human enslavers with weird fashion senses) plays a large bit in the whole storyline, but where did Ubisoft or whoever learn of such things as these high-tech-stuck-up-civilization.
I mean, as messed up as they seem to me, I find them kinda interesting as how in the game they were like these drunk-on-power-human-slave-traffickers and some solar activity blew them to smithereens... also, to those who are reading this, what do you think about the similarities of the AC world compared to our own?

Sushiglutton
04-22-2013, 11:24 AM
(...)but where did Ubisoft or whoever learn of such things as these high-tech-stuck-up-civilization.

Not really sure what you mean by that, pretty sure Ubi invented them :). Anyway the wiki is great for learning more of things like this: http://assassinscreed.wikia.com/wiki/First_Civilization

silvermercy
04-22-2013, 11:38 AM
No idea but I think it's a common occurrence in science fiction.
I finished played Dead Space 3 and... (Spoiler) the alien ancient civilization on the planet seemed to have had a similar fate (coming from the Moon this time). lol

pirate1802
04-22-2013, 11:47 AM
Precursor races are a common occurrence in science fictions.

Mass Effect universe's Leviathan beings are almost the exact same thing. They build a powerful empire, but eventually were overthrown by their own servants. Those servants than built the galaxy as we see in those games.

Jack_Pirate
04-22-2013, 03:38 PM
pretty sure Mass Effect came up with it first, and then 343i used the idea and then Assassins creed. wait, maybe it was the other way around...i just cant keep my games with superpowerful precursor species in order these days....

AvK KiNgKoBrA
04-22-2013, 04:26 PM
Question: Was the 1st. Civ actually active in AC1 or did they first come up at the end of AC2????

Bastiaen
04-22-2013, 06:17 PM
Cyclical histories are extremely common in fiction, not just science fiction, and I love them. Wheel of Time is one of the best examples. It's always nice to have that extra narrative that is mysterious and intriguing, but which also provides important foreshadowing of events in the current narrative. AC has it, Halo has it, Mass Effect has it. It's common, but interesting and fun. Someday I'd like to write something that involves a cyclical history.

STDlyMcStudpants
04-22-2013, 06:19 PM
No video game came up with the idea first..its been around forever, its called The Ancient Astronaut Theory, something the creators of AC are obviously fascinated by as am I
Assassins Creed is obviously more than just a video game..we get all kinds of slaps and it all starts with Nothing Is True, Everything is Permitted. And up until AC3 everything was about religion and preventing the truth to surface to the people.
The creators are using this series as a tool of enlightenment.
Except in AC 3 i saw now jaw dropping parts that opened my mind to a new possiblity like the others..so i can sense a little shift in the games purpose

rob.davies2014
04-22-2013, 06:44 PM
Question: Was the 1st. Civ actually active in AC1 or did they first come up at the end of AC2????

Vidic mentions them in AC1. When Desmond asks about the apples, he says they're gifts from "Those Who Came Before"