PDA

View Full Version : Should Desmond be dead? (possible SPOILERS)

MeelisACIIACB
04-20-2013, 11:36 PM
Hello everyone.
yes, im going to bring up this age-long topic of should Desmond Miles be dead.

For starters, if Desmond is really dead (and i mean dead-dead, with body and mind), i find, that it would throw any chance of decent modern storyline out of the window. why? AC brotherhood's ending states that Desmond will go trough gateway and he will do so with "Eve", who "lies not within our sight". So in fact, this "Eve" would probably have to be seen already in AC3, but ok. Sure, by gateway, Juno might have meant the temple or death itself and/or by "she" Juno might have inadvertitly meant Minerva (despite all indications being that the person must be from same species as Desmond, i.e human), who also appeared there, but it still wouldnt add up. We know there is a way to defeat Juno (by what i've been able to piece together, she got quite powerful, even by those standars), but we dont know how. We also know that Minerva could foresee future to some extent, so in time (and time she had) Juno could very well learn to predict future herself as well, even when original way was kept secret (i mean she was able to protect the planet...). So i think that Juno might have seen, that Desmond poses a threat, due to way to final victory for humans (perhaps only way) may lie in the exact same gateway Juno described in ACB ending and they need to do whatever is needed together.
so, i see few possibilities:
1) Juno foresaw danger and decided to kill Desmond by luring him to release her (with high probability that it wasnt needed at all to save planet- fact that Minerva might not have known) (if Desmond is really dead, i find it most likely reason)
2) Minerva also foresaw the danger and also that Juno tries to kill Desmond, but she prevented Juno to kill Desmond somehow. Juno took over Desmond's body (as with subject 16, her body was "worms food" for looooooong time), but Desmond's mind got trapped inside same prison Juno was in (Minerva, however also foresaw humans victory in that case which is why she acted as she did)
3) same as nr 2, only with Desmond's mind being forced down by Juno's
4) same as nr 1 with Juno taking over Desmonds body
5) Basically same as 2- Minerva foresaw Juno trying to kill Desmond, but preventing it- Desmond's physical body was killed, but mind survived. Juno has her own body.
and i lately saw option nr. 6 in other site as well- subject 16 was the one who got killed, not Desmond (despite ACR "death"), as his mind might have been merged with Desmond's, forming some sort of shield- some changes in behaviour pattern between ACB/ACR and AC3 suggest that btw.

but in any case, i seriously think that Desmond might have survived and if he didnt, there will be few things that wont add up. But- in any case, i hope that new AC game will stay as middle part (due to lack of modern times playable character), so to speak, to further storyline as every indication in storyline so far suggest "Eve" showing up as main character in one way or another

AdamPearce
04-20-2013, 11:44 PM
Stop there, if you continues you will only bring hope and big exceptation, but look, since ACR, nothing that you'll think about will realise. Desmond is dead, Juno is free, that all. Nothing more, nothing less. Yes I know, it's sad, but it's this way, looks like they don't want to mind rape newfans wich is not a good idea but what do you want, it's like, we can do nothing.

Assassin_M
04-20-2013, 11:44 PM
1- He`s dead...end of
2- there are literally, TENS of topics speaking about Desmond not dying, but I guess you would`v been growled at too if you brought one of those up...so either way, it would be the same...
3- He`s dead

Dag_B
04-21-2013, 12:24 AM
1- He`s dead...end of
2- there are literally, TENS of topics speaking about Desmond not dying, but I guess you would`v been growled at too if you brought one of those up...so either way, it would be the same...
3- He`s dead
4- He is dead.

Assassin_M
04-21-2013, 12:25 AM
4- He is dead.
Agreed..... Apologies...forgot to point that out in points 1 and 3

ArabianFrost
04-21-2013, 12:28 AM
Desmond's conscious thoughts are still in the memories. I somehow have a hunch that he will be popping in AC4 like 16 did, with puzzles and what not.

Black_Widow9
04-21-2013, 09:31 AM
Hello and welcome to the Forums :D
Before creating a new Topic please make sure you use the Search function to check if a similar Topic has been created.
Thanks ;)