PDA

View Full Version : Black Flag should revisit the Virtual Training program

jayjay275
04-20-2013, 01:37 PM
The Virtual Training program offered training, obviously and I feel like this would be a good feature to implement to the game, as it will help newcomers develop their fighting skills, their climbing and of course their stealth skill. Not only that, but it offered awards for completing the challenges, like a trophy and if I am correct "The Raiden" skin. This feature worked so well in Brotherhood and was a shame that it wasn't implemented into its successors.
I think this is a excellent feature overall, and adds a good amount of training to aid players who are finding difficulty playing the game.
What do you think?

Kaschra
04-20-2013, 01:43 PM
I like the Virtual Training program, so I hope it will return.

Sushiglutton
04-20-2013, 03:34 PM
I would love for the virtual training to come back in some form. A challenge mode is the most pure form of gameplay experience and it forces the developers to make sure the gameplay is fun as a standalone system. It's also a way to move some of the tutorial content out of the campaign. If it's virtual training, or something that takes place within the gameworld (assassin training camp :D ) doesn't matter that much to me.

lothario-da-be
04-20-2013, 03:50 PM
I never played much virtual training in brotherhood, but i would like to see it return in ac4.

x___Luffy___x
04-20-2013, 04:15 PM
it was a nice addition in brotherhood. it would be good if it returns.

AdamPearce
04-20-2013, 04:32 PM
Totally agree, it was stupid to take it out. It was real niceto beat the time of our friends and to fight without stop for the Gold Medal!. :)

jayjay275
04-20-2013, 04:57 PM
Totally agree, it was stupid to take it out. It was real niceto beat the time of our friends and to fight without stop for the Gold Medal!. :)

I know, this is what I liked too.
My flawless record was 186, which to me is pretty good and it offered me a good challenge.

IWGCJoeCool
04-21-2013, 12:21 PM
if there is any one thing that bugged me, it's that sometimes you are suddenly thrown into something requiring a new "skill", like the cannon stuff in Chapter-1 TOKW. and, much of this seems impossible on the first try, and sometimes success predicated entirely on at least one failure. i'm not sure we need a Virtual Traing thing, but i thought Brotherhood did it right with some cannon training before it was really mission based later on.

JC

dxsxhxcx
04-21-2013, 03:56 PM
I don't even know why it was removed, it was a nice addition, if what they needed was an excuse to keep this feature, the only thing they had to do is make Rebecca say some lines like: Oh, and Desmond, the Virtual Training program still is available if you think you need some practice to move better while you're reliving the memories of your ancestor in the animus..

if this feature returns, I hope they create more challenges involving stealth (something similar to the VR training room in MGS) and create a free mode where we can kill a countless amount of enemies until we "die" or set unlimited health just to have some fun there, it would be nice if we were able to create challenges and shape the world/room (in the VT program) freely as well...

here are some ideas I posted in another thread where someone was asking which features we would like to see in the game again:
the return of the Animus Virtual Training Program

god/free modes: where we are able to kill a countless amount of enemies (with the option to set the amount and how many will spawn together), in free mode we'll lose health and can die, in god mode we'll have unlimited health;
stealth challenges:

free mode (but detection or direct battle will decrease your final score);
kill your target without being seen (trigger a battle = desync, raise suspicious without using the proper abilities for that will decrease your final score);
kill your target without killing anyone else (kill/detection = desync);
timed challenges with or without (but detection and direct battle are treated the same way as in the free mode) restrictions;
etc...

combat challenges:

free mode;
complete the challenge (by killing your target) using only one weapon (of your choice) during the course of the mission;
timed challenges with or without restrictions;
etc...

be able to create challenges (similar to Hitman: Absolution);

be able to shape the virtual world where the challenge will take place by adding virtual structures, placing units, etc..

lothario-da-be
04-21-2013, 04:02 PM
I don't even know why it was removed, it was a nice addition, if what they needed was an excuse to keep this feature, the only thing they had to do is make Rebecca say some lines like: Oh, and Desmond, the Virtual Training program still is available if you think you need some practice to move better while you're reliving the memories of your ancestor in the animus..

if this feature returns, I hope they create more challenges involving stealth (something similar to the VR training room in MGS) and create a free mode where we can kill a countless amount of enemies until we "die" or set unlimited health just to have some fun there, it would be nice if we were able to create challenges and shape the world/room (in the VT program) freely as well...
This, and i too missed some stealth challenges.

STDlyMcStudpants
04-21-2013, 06:20 PM
I hated Virtual Training. I only did it in brotherhood for the perfectionist trophy.
They have a tutorial in the beginning for newbies..that is plenty enough. VT is just un needed clutter...
But I am all for a trainer like AC 1 through ACB had to teach you weapon moves and combat moves like connor had in AC 3

AvK KiNgKoBrA
04-22-2013, 04:57 PM
I would like to see it back. It gave u something to do in ur spare time between mission or if u jus wanted a change in pace

STDlyMcStudpants
04-22-2013, 06:13 PM
I would like to see it back. It gave u something to do in ur spare time between mission or if u jus wanted a change in pace

what?! there are hundreds of side mission to do between main missions and /OH YEAH that whole running/walking thing you do to get there.
VT doesnt make your character walk themselves to the missions -_-

Bastiaen
04-22-2013, 07:11 PM
I would like a challenge mode in the vein of Batman: Arkham city.
Oh, and to all those people who said there wouldn't be an Arkham game this year, I'm now gloating.

jayjay275
04-22-2013, 07:18 PM
Batman Origins?