PDA

View Full Version : Black Flag better than AC3?

PearMcMuffin98
04-20-2013, 10:35 AM
With the release of the new Black Flag trailer, there are alot of negative and positive comments about the game and what it will hold in store for us, some people say that the Assassin's Creed franchise seems to be putting less and less effort into there games and the games are getting worse, but will Black Flag pick back the Series or just make it worse? Please post comments below on what you think the new game will have in store for us.:)

pirate1802
04-20-2013, 11:25 AM
The devs have been saying good things about it (AC1-style missions, random events etc) but then again, so did they about AC3..... so I'd keep my fingers crossed until I actually play the game and stay as neutral as possible, not be swayed to either extremes.

lothario-da-be
04-20-2013, 12:14 PM
I think it won't dissapoint me, but i keep my expectations low, evey ac game sounds like the best one yet BEFORE release...

pirate1802
04-20-2013, 12:20 PM
I think it won't dissapoint me, but i keep my expectations low, evey ac game sounds like the best one yet BEFORE release...

True dat.

IWGCJoeCool
04-20-2013, 12:29 PM
if Black Flag turns out to be praised as better than AC3, we're looking at one AWESOME d@mn game!!!!

that's all i gotta say about it.

JC

montagemik
04-20-2013, 12:41 PM
if Black Flag turns out to be praised as better than AC3, we're looking at one AWESOME d@mn game!!!!

that's all i gotta say about it.

JC

For current gen - it might actually be ok ........................ But Ubisoft will need to up their game to really impress on next gen . Something a little more substantial than improved graphics PS APP Map integration would be nice .

They shouldn't have the limitations the current gen force them to use . So should be Zero bugs / glitches this time around ( one might expect ) .

pacmanate
04-20-2013, 12:52 PM

Nailed it.

Sushiglutton
04-20-2013, 03:17 PM
I'm actually fairly confident it will be. Major sites like Kotaku and IGN have criticised the lackluster gameplay elements along with the excessive handholding. If Ubi don't make AC more engaging to play I think the franchise will rot away and I think they realize this. We will have to wait and see though :).

xboxauditore
04-20-2013, 03:51 PM
I'm gonna make a prediction, Everyone says it's gonna be the best game ever. FOR NOW.

A few months later when the game is released, And I'm enjoying, When I come back here to express my love, it'll be crushed under the screams of hatred and "disappointment".

This has happened with almost every game with this amount of hype, Just saiyan.

lothario-da-be
04-20-2013, 03:52 PM
I'm actually fairly confident it will be. Major sites like Kotaku and IGN have criticised the lackluster gameplay elements along with the excessive handholding. If Ubi don't make AC more engaging to play I think the franchise will rot away and I think they realize this. We will have to wait and see though :).
I don't know, they gave me that feeling with ac3 too, and we all know how it turned out.

AdamPearce
04-20-2013, 03:58 PM
If you wont my opinion it won't be really hard to beat AC3...Knowing that it was much more a Test for the AnvilNext, this will propabl be much better in term of gameplay, musics, citys too and Naval Battle, the only point that stays a mystery is how will be the story. ACR disapointement me so...:/

AssassinHMS
04-20-2013, 04:09 PM
AC 4 Black Flag is probably going to be better than AC3. But it will be a close call because it seems that the formula hasn't changed: Quantity before Quality. The strengh of Assassin's Creed comes from the people (citizens who interact with the player, that seem alive and not there just for the scene), the cities (they are what creates the atmosphere of the game alongside music and provide an imersive experience) and the assassin (the meaning of being an assassin, a blade in the crowd, the stealth and open ended missions provide challenge, tension and fulfillemet)

From what I gather Black Flag will focus a little on stealth and open ended missions, it will have a beautifull world but the cities wont be the main highlight and there will be random events so, people may have some relevance.

Then why am I not convinced by the game?
- The game seems huge, even bigger than AC3. I expect them to highlight QUANTITY ( huge maps, naval gameplay, big battles, explosions, countless weapons and equipment that exist for the sake of existing) and not QUALITY (lackluster side missions, bad random events, unrealistic crowds, the world doesn't feel natural, core elements are ditched or bad implemented, etc.)
- It wouldn't be the first time the devs say or tease (through trailers) gameplay features that are not to be found in the actual game. There might not even be random events or open enden missions in BF for all I know.

In my opinion Assassin's Creed is, out of all the franchises out there, the one with the biggest potencial but money and ambition hold it back. Imagine if every AC game focused on improving the core mecanics of its predecessor rather than adding something new just to attract a bigger crowd...

lothario-da-be
04-20-2013, 05:23 PM
If you wont my opinion it won't be really hard to beat AC3...Knowing that it was much more a Test for the AnvilNext, this will propabl be much better in term of gameplay, musics, citys too and Naval Battle, the only point that stays a mystery is how will be the story. ACR disapointement me so...:/
How has the engine something to do with the music?

PearMcMuffin98
04-20-2013, 05:26 PM
Thanks for the feedback guys, seems like there are mixed opinions about the game, but it seems that keeping our expectations low for the game is the best thing to do

jayjay275
04-20-2013, 05:48 PM
What would Black Flag need to be much better than AC3?
Side missions like Brotherhood, assassin missions AC1 style = assassinate, rest in peace and then escape.

rob.davies2014
04-20-2013, 06:01 PM
Side missions like Brotherhood, assassin missions AC1 style = assassinate, rest in peace and then escape.

*assassin missions AC1 style = PLAN, assassinate, rip, escape.

lothario-da-be
04-20-2013, 06:04 PM
what about this,
- Assassinations from ac1
-soundtrack like ac2
-side missions like acb
-a City like acr
-a Homestead like ac3

jayjay275
04-20-2013, 06:12 PM
what about this,
-soundtrack like ac2
-side missions like acb
-a City like acr
-a Homestead like ac3
Yup.
Don't forget that we must be able to look inside the ship we're on.

SixKeys
04-20-2013, 06:15 PM
what about this,
-soundtrack like ac2
-side missions like acb
-a City like acr
-a Homestead like ac3

The first three sound great, the last two not so much. I didn't care much for the Homestead and Constantinople, while beautiful, was kind of a pain to navigate.

STDlyMcStudpants
04-20-2013, 06:44 PM
I know i will enjoy the game no matter what.
I appreciate a 30+ hour game especially this day and age where you get an 8 hr story and are expected to play multiplayer for the rest of your time with the disk
But personally, I'm not as excited as I was for AC 3.
The idea of native americans , george washington and the the ole frontier is what had me yelling at the heavens to release ac3 already.
I wasnt a giant fan of ship battles..knowing it will be 40% of the next game has me even less excited, but im looking forward to exploring, We will see..cant give a thumbs up or down until ive experienced it. :)
Until then, AC 3 is the best game in the universe!!!

Locopells
04-20-2013, 06:59 PM
Yup.
Don't forget that we must be able to look inside the ship we're on.

I suspect that the Jackdaw will function as the Homestead, this time around, so yeah.

lothario-da-be
04-20-2013, 07:07 PM
The first three sound great, the last two not so much. I didn't care much for the Homestead and Constantinople, while beautiful, was kind of a pain to navigate.
A pain to navigate, why?

Megas_Doux
04-20-2013, 11:36 PM
what about this,
-soundtrack like ac2
-side missions like acb
-a City like acr
-a Homestead like ac3

Pretty much what I think! However I would add:

1 Grey story and moral like on AC1 and AC3, no more goofy 10 year old plots like ACBs one, PLEASE!!!!!
2 AC2S Great background music!
3 AC3s combat -only harder- and general mechanics,
4 No armour!
5 A stunning city like Constantinople! La habana might top it, though.

SixKeys
04-21-2013, 01:10 AM
A pain to navigate, why?

It was actually easier to climb normally than with the hookblade because half the time it refused to work properly. Also the different levels of buildings seemed not to be designed well for Ezio's type of freerunning. When he was on a rooftop and there was another one right above it, he would often get stuck for a moment because apparently he couldn't climb up this 2 inch step. I was like "really?". -__- Many times the roofs were so low that when I would run towards one and try to climb it, Ezio would instead get stuck between that roof and the one he was standing on. Constantinople was just the least fluid place for freerunning up to that point in the series even though they tried to add some new things like the hookblade and ziplines. I feel like it would have been much better if they had implemented some of Connor's freerunning moves into ACR, but of course that game was still running on the old engine.

Assassin_M
04-21-2013, 01:13 AM
This thread makes no sense...There`s no way ANYONE will be able to decide that as of now...not a day before release...what you hear in interviews and see in Gameplays is NOTHING...

Klagermeister
04-21-2013, 07:42 AM
I feel they've given enough trial-and-error to the series to really understand what works and what doesn't.
Just as with every new AC since the first (besides ACR. YECH) this one will be the best. In my opinion, at least.
When it comes to AC, I'm a fanboy. It's hard to disappoint me.

pirate1802
04-21-2013, 08:14 AM
Grey story and moral like on AC1 and AC3, no more goofy 10 year old plots like ACBs one, PLEASE!!!!!

So much this. You started to return to the right track with ACR and AC3 Ubi, don't go wandering off again.

Also I really liked AC3's Homestead mechanics. Hope it returns in AC4. That each crewmates are distinct and not just a characterless NPC, you can talk to them, learn about their past history, do quests to aid them, etc. Wandering in my Homestead and seeing my villagers go about their daily lives was one of my favourite activities in AC3. Hope I get a similar vibe in AC4.

Sushiglutton
04-21-2013, 08:48 AM
So much this. You started to return to the right track with ACR and AC3 Ubi, don't go wandering off again.

Also I really liked AC3's Homestead mechanics. Hope it returns in AC4. That each crewmates are distinct and not just a characterless NPC, you can talk to them, learn about their past history, do quests to aid them, etc. Wandering in my Homestead and seeing my villagers go about their daily lives was one of my favourite activities in AC3. Hope I get a similar vibe in AC4.

I think I read/saw in one of the interviews (there are so many of them) that the crew members will die in large numbers, so they won't have any distinct personalities. And then you'll have to recruit new ones. So I don't think the jackdaw will work as the Homestead in that sense.

jayjay275
04-21-2013, 08:49 AM
Pretty much what I think! However I would add:

Grey story and moral like on AC1 and AC3, no more goofy 10 year old plots like ACBs one, PLEASE!!!!!

I really don't see how Brotherhood's plot is goofy, considering alot of it is relevant to the history books.

Assassin_M
04-21-2013, 08:50 AM
I really don't see how Brotherhood's plot is goofy, considering alot of it is relevant to the history books.
Cesare was a Whiny, incompetent brat in the history books ?......Suuuuuuuuuuuuure

jayjay275
04-21-2013, 08:54 AM
Cesare was a Whiny, incompetent brat in the history books ?......Suuuuuuuuuuuuure

He wasn't exactly incompetent in-game now was he?
Whiney, yes, but certainly not incompetent.

Assassin_M
04-21-2013, 08:59 AM
He wasn't exactly incompetent in-game now was he?
Whiney, yes, but certainly not incompetent.
How competent was he portrayed in the game ? Just during the attack on Ezio`s Villa....other than that, Ezio bested Cesare in every way possible....i didn't feel for a nano-second that Cesare was a capable Antagonist or at the very least, Ezio`s equal and/or Rival.....ACB portrayed Cesare as the whiny brat who Ezio ALWAYS bested in every conceivable way....I didnt want Cesare to be better than Ezio, but AT LEAST portray him as a viable and dangerous antagonist...which wasn't the case and thus incompetent

jayjay275
04-21-2013, 09:37 AM
How competent was he portrayed in the game ? Just during the attack on Ezio`s Villa....other than that, Ezio bested Cesare in every way possible....i didn't feel for a nano-second that Cesare was a capable Antagonist or at the very least, Ezio`s equal and/or Rival.....ACB portrayed Cesare as the whiny brat who Ezio ALWAYS bested in every conceivable way....I didnt want Cesare to be better than Ezio, but AT LEAST portray him as a viable and dangerous antagonist...which wasn't the case and thus incompetent

But look at the control he had in Roma. :P

Assassin_M
04-21-2013, 09:44 AM
But look at the control he had in Roma. :P
Meh....he was absent half of the game....his control was not even visible....Tyranny and control need a face...In respect to Cesare, all I saw was limping and all i heard was "GUARDS"

He was a coward, whiny, obsessed and incompetent....every possible trait of a typical cartoon villain....he`s not just an Antagonist....he`s a full blown villain...which sucks...

Same for Bartolameo....that guy was a Military genius and tactician....yet...the game portrays him as an dimwit caveman..

lothario-da-be
04-21-2013, 09:48 AM
Meh....he was absent half of the game....his control was not even visible....Tyranny and control need a face...In respect to Cesare, all I saw was limping and all i heard was "GUARDS"

He was a coward, whiny, obsessed and incompetent....every possible trait of a typical cartoon villain....he`s not just an Antagonist....he`s a full blown villain...which sucks...

Same for Bartolameo....that guy was a Military genius and tactician....yet...the game portrays him as an dimwit caveman..
I'am ok with Bartolomeo because he is so awesome. But for Cesare, waisted potential.

Assassin_M
04-21-2013, 09:52 AM
I'am ok with Bartolomeo because he is so awesome. But for Cesare, waisted potential.
Every character in ACB was wasted potential imo (except Machiavelli.....he was awesome)

pirate1802
04-21-2013, 09:54 AM

Typical mustache-twirling lolevil villain bent on world domination vs white knight robin hood standing up for "the people" and his ilk.........Sounds like a plot suitable for a comical game like Borderlands to me..

lothario-da-be
04-21-2013, 09:57 AM
Every character in ACB was wasted potential imo (except Machiavelli.....he was awesome)
Yeah, Machiavelli was cool, and La volpe too.

monster_rambo
04-21-2013, 11:12 AM

i think is time for us to sing a song.

"Cesare, oh Cesare,
A man of great depravity,
Believed himself immortal
'till he had a date with gravity."

"Young Cesare, I heard him say, could not be killed by man
So I tossed him in the air to see where he would land"

I say Cesare is the best villain. Sees Ezio "GUARDS", Eats an apple "GUARDS", Takes a **** "GUARDS", ****s Lucrezia "GUARDS", Falls of the tower "GUARDS". Men, he is too hilarious.

pacmanate
04-21-2013, 01:19 PM
Did they change La Volpe's voice actor in brotherhood?

jayjay275
04-21-2013, 01:30 PM
Did they change La Volpe's voice actor in brotherhood?

I don't think so, but it is possible.

Megas_Doux
04-21-2013, 01:46 PM

There are no plot twists in ACB, it is a very linear and predictable story full of....Linear and predictable antagonists!

Cesare Borgia was a great general! He excelled at both fighting "hand to hand" and as an strategist......Whereas in ACB the only thing he says -yeals, in fact- is GUAAAAAAARDS.
ACBs plots is very cartoonish, its templars are power hungry just because, no direction, no righteous purpose like Robert De sable, Ahmet or Haytham.......

I would be very dissapointed if Black flag templars turn out be like AC2/ACBs.

MadJC1986
04-21-2013, 03:03 PM
Well, the way I see it, ACB's templars were not real templars.

jayjay275
04-21-2013, 03:17 PM

Well, I believe that the Borgia family were either Templars, because of Rodrigo, or that they're assisting Templars.
The first seems more likely.

pirate1802
04-21-2013, 03:27 PM

The other Templars agree with you. Read Abstergo's MP dossiers in ACR regarding the Italian Templars.

MadJC1986
04-21-2013, 03:30 PM
Well, I believe that the Borgia family were either Templars, because of Rodrigo, or that they're assisting Templars.
The first seems more likely.

I'd say you need a certain ideology to call yourself a templar. The Borgias were just corrupt dictators (at least in AC). So they were either the worst templars or no templars at all.
ACR multiplayer dossiers described them as a shame for the templar ideology or something like this.

Edit: Exactly what priate1802 said.

Sushiglutton
04-21-2013, 03:36 PM
I read the name of the thread and try to figure out who it turned into a Brotherhood bashing thread lol. Brotherhood rocks btw, haters gonna hate! I'm gonna launch an elfkin initiative to bring back Brotherhood! The haters just don't get the depth.

jayjay275
04-21-2013, 03:47 PM
I'd say you need a certain ideology to call yourself a templar. The Borgias were just corrupt dictators (at least in AC). So they were either the worst templars or no templars at all.
ACR multiplayer dossiers described them as a shame for the templar ideology or something like this.

Edit: Exactly what priate1802 said.

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/Was_Rodrigo_Borgia_a_Templar_Knight

lothario-da-be
04-21-2013, 04:07 PM
I read the name of the thread and try to figure out who it turned into a Brotherhood bashing thread lol. Brotherhood rocks btw, haters gonna hate! I'm gonna launch an elfkin initiative to bring back Brotherhood! The haters just don't get the depth.
Assassin's creed: return of the brotherhood, in this revolutionary remake you will see things like more customization, even bloodier kills, a new tomb and 5 new weapons! pre-order the whole package now for only 60 and liberate Roma from the Borgias in 1080p !

jayjay275
04-21-2013, 04:08 PM
Just saying, but the Borgia's were Templars.

Sushiglutton
04-21-2013, 04:08 PM
Assassin's creed: return of the brotherhood, in this revolutionary remake you will see things like more customization, even bloodier kills, a new tomb and 5 new weapons! pre-order the whole package now for only 60€ and liberate Roma from the Borgias in 1080p !

And don't forget: 20 new shops to renovate!

lothario-da-be
04-21-2013, 04:12 PM
And don't forget: 20 new shops to renovate!
OMG that would be sooo awesome! Gotta pre-oder it now! Are you sure? i waited so long for this, new shops to renovate! I realy missed that in ac3.

lothario-da-be
04-21-2013, 04:13 PM
Yes, i know.

jayjay275
04-21-2013, 04:14 PM
Yes, i know.

Ok. :P

roostersrule2
04-21-2013, 04:18 PM
And don't forget: 20 new shops to renovate!Also Den Defense and First Person Desmond missions have been added.

Megas_Doux
04-21-2013, 04:22 PM

They were templars, pretty awful and cliche, but templars stil......
Heck even the modern ones -according to the revelations dossiers- hate them haha!

MadJC1986
04-21-2013, 04:30 PM

Yes they were. Exactly as Altair was an assassin in the beginning of AC1. Even if he did not act like an assassin or follow their ideology.

jayjay275
04-21-2013, 04:32 PM
Yes they were. Exactly as Altair was an assassin in the beginning of AC1. Even if he did not act like an assassin or follow their ideology.

Ah ok. :P

Lass4r
04-21-2013, 04:47 PM
I'm gonna make a prediction, Everyone says it's gonna be the best game ever. FOR NOW.

A few months later when the game is released, And I'm enjoying, When I come back here to express my love, it'll be crushed under the screams of hatred and "disappointment".

This has happened with almost every game with this amount of hype, Just saiyan.
Spot on for me, with the exception of Revelations. But after playing AC3 for a while I thought it was pretty awesome, even if it disappointed in some parts. So I came on the forums to find pretty much only hate posts. So either I'm too much of a fanboy, or people who like the game just doesn't bother to express it on the forums.

ArabianFrost
04-21-2013, 04:53 PM
Solely based on assumptions, not only will AC4 be better than AC3, but it will also be the best AC to date, at least in terms of gameplay. The plot will probably be the thing to make or break the game.

MadJC1986
04-21-2013, 05:01 PM
Ah ok. :P

Lol :D

Jack_Pirate
04-21-2013, 09:30 PM
i dont think this thread should even exist until the game comes out

pacmanate
04-21-2013, 09:44 PM
Well I have to admit, I can't even play AC3 any more. I pop it in the disc tray, run around for a while, and can't play it. It actually makes me sad :(

xboxauditore
04-21-2013, 09:48 PM
Well I have to admit, I can't even play AC3 any more. I pop it in the disc tray, run around for a while, and can't play it. It actually makes me sad :(

True for me as well, It's like running around in an apocalypse aftermath, devoid of life and boring.

Assassin_M
04-21-2013, 10:01 PM
devoid of life and boring.
That`s exactly how It felt for me.................after AC II

Stardust235
04-22-2013, 02:19 AM
Holy crap guys -- replaying AC3 on PC (previously played on PS3) with 60 FPS, max settings, and I got up to the part where Connor commands the Aquilia for the first time. After confronting Biddle, I was amazed with how beautiful it looked.
http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/559846642315415448/1F5FFC4A46632944399364FC638E97A5B3EAE478/
http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/559846642315020017/83A0520BCC3E31D84D25A9E040F3F074D9B2E990/
http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/559846642315427910/FFD6C02ADFDC77243D673BD853FAAEFD345D8740/
http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/559846642315036062/79561A9927D878DEB65B0F5F3EC4A4962F681DB0/
I think IV is gonna be the best now.

hoodrat94
04-22-2013, 03:44 AM
I want ACIV to be the best! I hope that it will make everyone forget about other AC titles! So far what i have heard, it sound like a dream-game!
Three cities, each different from others, open world sea navigation, badass pirate/assassin, and not to mention WHALING!(YUM!)
Time will tell!

pacmanate
04-22-2013, 01:17 PM
Surely every game that comes out should be the "Best" anyway. That didn't happen for me for Revelations or for AC3... So hopefully, Black Flag will be better for me. I am really intrigued to find out about Edward and Reginald after reading Forsaken.