PDA

View Full Version : Assassin's Creed 4 News: Assassin's Creed or Cabela's?

STDlyMcStudpants
04-19-2013, 10:22 PM
In Assassins Creed 3 we were introduced to hunting. It wasn't something you had to do, was completely optional and at times enjoyable (until you've discovered the different species) After that, (towards the end of the game) it got a bit boring and an exciting bear or fight with a wolf pack turned into an eye rolling, here we go again, experience.
News has recently surfaced that hunting will play a "significant" roll in Assassins Creed 4.
But exactly how and why?
What we saw in AC3 was just a taste, in AC 4 there will be huntable animals, and animals that are nearly impossible to win a fight against (such as sharks)
This can be a good and bad thing.
It's good because seeing a shark wil lget your heart racing and cause you to be more careful, but will it get to a point of complete frustration?

"some of these new predators must be avoided at all costs since it’s gonna be almost impossible to hunt them: while Edward will have plenty of ways to hunt these animals out of water, falling into the sea and meeting a shark is not something gamers want to happen."

Now to explain my question in the heading. I LOVE the fact that AC is becoming one of the most organic games in HISTORY, and I enjoyed the hunting, but I'm a bit worried by the word "significant"
And why?
Well first off, we will be a pirate. I believe stealing and treasure hunting is how we will get the majority of our money, so what could the hunting possibly be for?
I fear that it is for food. I fear that in this AC we will be forced to eat food to heal such as Dead Island (quick example)
That is not something I'm looking forward to.
On the other hand, I can understand how we would go poach the ocean life and use animal meat as bait..that is what I'm hoping it will be for - or making it completely like AC 3 where it's used for materials..but the word significant points to hunting doing more than just this.

Your thoughts and opinions?

pacmanate
04-19-2013, 11:01 PM
I have no idea what the hunting will be for as I don't see a Pirate fishing to earn money, I see them looting and stealing treasure for money.

As for Sharks being hard, its probably a QTE like always. When has anything in AC been hard.

dxsxhxcx
04-19-2013, 11:10 PM
if we'll be able to leave our ship and swim anywhere (GTA style), create an enemy that will be almost impossible to kill would make this feature pointless and certainly frustating.

STDlyMcStudpants
04-19-2013, 11:23 PM
I have no idea what the hunting will be for as I don't see a Pirate fishing to earn money, I see them looting and stealing treasure for money.

As for Sharks being hard, its probably a QTE like always. When has anything in AC been hard.

I would hope for QTE but from the sound of it, only land animals will be that way. Ocean predators will be out for blood but it does say "Almost impossible" gives a little hope..but that sounds like more frustration than fun..could you imagine swimming for an hr, looking for under water caves and then here comes jaws... thats horrible lol

ArabianFrost
04-19-2013, 11:33 PM
Almost impossible to hunt probably means you aren't going to go all stealth kill on something that is built from the inside out to detect your presence within kilometres. You may very easily kill sharks in a face-to-face battle, but try to go after it for the kill without it's knowledge is near impossible in real life and in the game.

Sl1ckM4st3r
04-20-2013, 01:59 AM
I'm thinking that hunting will play the same roles as before. Giving you pelts for things, as well as giving you meat to sell to shops. I'm kind of hoping that it's for other things though.

AdamPearce
04-20-2013, 02:53 AM
Anyone here played Far Cry 3?

In FC3, hunting is a significant part of the game because you need it to craft new recipes and equipment forJason. And, in FC3, sharks are invincible when you're in the water and it's perfect like that. Because once you're on ground, you can use pleanty of weapons to hunt those motherf*cker down and skin them. Knowing that a big part of the FC3 developpement team is working on AC4, I think this is how hunting will be ''significant''. Actually it's a really good thing and I really enjoyed FC3 hunting system and I'm sure the one of AC4 will be as great as it.

STDlyMcStudpants
04-20-2013, 06:54 PM
Anyone here played Far Cry 3?

In FC3, hunting is a significant part of the game because you need it to craft new recipes and equipment forJason. And, in FC3, sharks are invincible when you're in the water and it's perfect like that. Because once you're on ground, you can use pleanty of weapons to hunt those motherf*cker down and skin them. Knowing that a big part of the FC3 developpement team is working on AC4, I think this is how hunting will be ''significant''. Actually it's a really good thing and I really enjoyed FC3 hunting system and I'm sure the one of AC4 will be as great as it.

That actually makes perfect sense...i hate crafting, but its better than a healing via food system

montagemik
04-20-2013, 08:50 PM
I would hope for QTE but from the sound of it, only land animals will be that way. Ocean predators will be out for blood but it does say "Almost impossible" gives a little hope..but that sounds like more frustration than fun..could you imagine swimming for an hr, looking for under water caves and then here comes jaws... thats horrible lol

It's been done before .........actually adds real tension . ( expect shark infested waters to be around specific areas we need to search too )

Counter attack roll over it's Nose as it lunges for an attack - But massive damage if you time it wrong . (maybe)

Sushiglutton
04-20-2013, 09:01 PM
Maybe the sharks will be part of some underwater stealth. If you are caught by two in a row it's game over perhaps (will probably get patched if so lol).

STDlyMcStudpants
04-20-2013, 09:07 PM
Maybe the sharks will be part of some underwater stealth. If you are caught by two in a row it's game over perhaps (will probably get patched if so lol).

HAHA I actually love AC because of its enjoyable casual game play..ill demand a patch the first time i die xD!!
I've never been killed by an animal in AC yet..but theres always room for a new experience lol