PDA

View Full Version : Infernal Pit Analyse

NorsemanXXI
04-19-2013, 12:48 PM
From what I gather in other topic the ratio for someone to get 100% chance of getting a card from the Infernal Pit is 20 to 1 in all rarities other than epic, in this case it's 10 to 1.

10 to 1 epic cards? 20 to 1 rare cards? Really ? Is just me that feels this is a really huge scam ?

Imagine that you actually spent a lot of money on this game and you have some epics in excess but you still need a couple. Imagine the scenario where you'll burn your excess of Banshee, Wolf Captain, Atropos. Dark Assassin, whatever... to get that one epic you need. In any TCG you would probably be able to just directly trade 1 for 1 of the same value but here you have to burn 10 to get 1. When it comes to Rares, we're talking about 20 to 1!

I'm not even going to mention how stupid it is the card rotation system... why can't players just choose the cards they want for a fair cost ?

I really don't get it.

macfloam
04-19-2013, 11:45 PM
I'm not sure about the epic conversion since I haven't tested that one yet, but are you aware that you get double the chance from Premium cards? That is, a premium rare gives a 10% chance to win a rare (premium or otherwise), while a regular rare only gives a 5% chance. I only ask because it may be 20:1 for epics as well, but you checked it with a Premium epic (which would give 10:1).

The other thing you're not including in the comparison is the gold you also receive for the card. Don't get me wrong, it's still ugly, but it's better than 20:1. If you traded off 20 epics for example, you'd also get 40,000g. Still not a great deal, but at least it gives you something back for all those commons and uncommons that you have more than 4 of. For 20 rares you'd get 20,000g, which is almost enough to buy 2 reinforcement packs (giving you another 2 rares). That brings it to 20:3 (still ugly, I know).

I also agree with you on the card rotation...I mean, as long as we're getting the shaft on the trade, why not give us more opportunity? A schedule would also be nice. And since premiums don't cost more than normal in the Pit, but are clearly worth more (they offer double the % chance when you trade them, and there's some achievements based on them), just make all cards from the Pit premiums. Also, players are far more likely to be looking for rares & epics, so let's offer those more often. One option would be to offer one of each rarity at the same time, and increase the rotation to every hour or 2 hours.

Shadowelf32
04-20-2013, 12:24 AM
Knock, knock, knocking on the devs' door. Seriously this issue have been discussed, the devs have been measured and have been found wanting

nukmnukm
04-20-2013, 12:29 AM
well its stupid to sacrifice cards you could need later on, but you can always use ones you have mroe often than 4 times

bluebird503
04-20-2013, 05:04 AM
To be fair, they are giving you gold for your extras, and the card is just the "cherry on top" per say.

I don't think the infernal pit, in and of itself, is a scam, it is a method to get rid of extras for gold and acquire cards you don't have. It is a tool to be used when you have more than 4 of a card.

That being said, I do not think it serves up it's purpose, a way to shore up your collection, there needs to be a better way to acquire singles, but I think I have already shared my ideas on this, so i'll spare everyone.

RedDevilCG
04-20-2013, 06:00 AM
Getting gold for you extra's seams okay to me. Would you rather just sit on them? The problem is there's no way to choose singles you want. You're barking up the wrong tree though if you think the Infernal Pit is designed for that purpose.