PDA

View Full Version : Assassin's Creed III - wins MCV awards

Mr_Shade
04-19-2013, 10:40 AM
Assassin's Creed III has won a couple of awards for it's digital marketing campaign ands regular game marketing !

Full list of awards were:

Digital Distribution Team
UBISOFT
Export Sales Team
UBISOFT
Marketing Team
UBISOFT
Digital Campaign
ASSASSIN’S CREED III (UBISOFT)
Game Campaign
ASSASSIN’S CREED III (UBISOFT)

http://www.mcvuk.com/news/read/mcv-awards-2013-hard-work-pays-off-for-uk-s-best/0114384

:)

Sushiglutton
04-19-2013, 10:42 AM
I suppose that should be AC3 :). Anyway well deserved! No one can deny the marketing team did a fantastic job.

Aphex_Tim
04-19-2013, 10:43 AM
I suppose that should be AC3 :). Anyway well deserved! No one can deny the marketing team did a fantastic job.

A little too fantastic if you ask me. :p

roostersrule2
04-19-2013, 10:53 AM
A little too fantastic if you ask me. :pIndeed.

Mr_Shade
04-19-2013, 10:53 AM
LOL I have IV on the brain today - sorry!

I was a little excited - since the Forum Team also come under the Digital Marketing umbrella, since we are online - even if not directly in PR :)

silvermercy
04-19-2013, 11:36 AM
Congrats!! woohooo!!! :D

pacmanate
04-19-2013, 12:30 PM
:rolleyes:

Ubi-MoshiMoshi
04-20-2013, 12:07 PM
Yay! :D

lothario-da-be
04-20-2013, 12:12 PM
So ubi won an award for hyping up their game so much that it led to dissapointments? I hope they don't win such things for ac4.

montagemik
04-20-2013, 01:15 PM
So ubi won an award for hyping up their game so much that it led to dissapointments? I hope they don't win such things for ac4.

No - Ubisoft won an award for HYPE that sold millions of copies - That's all they wanted .
Once millions are sold , DEV costs are covered - How long the games are owned & played by gamers becomes of secondary importance , 1 week - 3 months ........doesn't matter - Sales are already in .
How many were dissapointed doesn't matter at that stage - But they'll spend half a year patching the overhyped product & it's multiplayer so it works as intended . (eventually)

Round of applause indeed.

AssassinHMS
04-20-2013, 02:51 PM
Congratulations!
But there is something that I don't quite understand. Do all those amazing features that were shown on trailers (canoes, frozen lakes, areas that could be accessed only during certain seazons, random events and many others) that never made to the final product without an explanation, count as good marketing?

TheHumanTowel
04-20-2013, 02:57 PM
I thought AC3's marketing was pretty bad honestly I'm surprised at this. All the malarky with the reluctance to show anyone other than a redcoat being killed, the "Rise" trailer, the E3 trailer wasn't great imo. The only good trailer was the Connor story trailer really. Inside AC3 was really bad as well, IGN making of was a much better series. Suppose a crap ton of people bought the game though so there's that.

lothario-da-be
04-20-2013, 05:22 PM
No - Ubisoft won an award for HYPE that sold millions of copies - That's all they wanted .
Once millions are sold , DEV costs are covered - How long the games are owned & played by gamers becomes of secondary importance , 1 week - 3 months ........doesn't matter - Sales are already in .
How many were dissapointed doesn't matter at that stage - But they'll spend half a year patching the overhyped product & it's multiplayer so it works as intended . (eventually)

Round of applause indeed.
* Clap Clap clap*