PDA

View Full Version : AC4BF - Possible SmokeBomb nerfs

DEADLYxASSAS51N
04-19-2013, 08:42 AM
After reading all the different positions on the official "smoke bomb for AC4" poll which only gave us the possibility to chose between removing SmokeBomb and not removing it for AC4, I decided to start this thread to see if you either would like to see SB:

- removed
- nerfed in the way I suggest (see below)
- nerfed in another way
- come back as it is.

Here are my suggestions for possible SB nerfs:

- drop detection meter to discret when using SB;
- make focus impossible in SB;
- reduce kill range in SB instead of removing the ability to kill/stun completely;

If you have other ideas of smokebomb nerfs, feel free to post them below:)

Undercurrent32
04-19-2013, 09:39 AM
How about removing the ability to throw it?
That would require the player to get close unnoticed and time their ability well.

Just removing the ability to throw stuff in general would also fix the wipe discussion.

ColdKill18
04-19-2013, 01:16 PM
I think removing it would be best.
Not only because it annoys me, but as well because it is just old and out-of-date. I'm bored from using it in 3 games (of course this affects other abilities, too, but most of the other abilities offer more variety).
If people really need a hard stun ability (I'd be fine without one), create a new one.
Just my 2 cents...

ben_hicks1000
04-19-2013, 03:17 PM
I think the best way would be to have smoke as it was in ACB but with the AC3 cool down. In ACB you could still get killed outside of your smoke if your pursuer was just out of range and it also didn't drop instantly which I think is good.

G1ZMO_DRAG0N
04-19-2013, 07:16 PM
Keep it as is. Theres only one thing the matter with it anyways right now...insta smoke. But again thats because its making up for the force pull that is in the game. Otherwise everyone would die in smoke.

DEADLYxASSAS51N
04-21-2013, 10:41 AM
so basically you think adding a delay will solve all problems people have with smoke bomb?

alexbentley
04-21-2013, 02:37 PM
I'm interested to see how often people actually get OSBed for focus/poison, as I mainly play manhunt and deathmatch and it very rarely happens to me. The only problem that exists with smoke bomb is the insta-drop and even that isn't a huge deal.

DEADLYxASSAS51N
04-21-2013, 06:58 PM
so as it seems at the moment there are more people who don't want it to come back as it is than those who want it to come back as it is... I think this should be interesting for Ubisoft...

Dosenwabe
04-21-2013, 07:14 PM
Make it a Loss Streak.

Mr_Shade
04-21-2013, 07:15 PM
Tbh you may see an official poll with suggestions about how to proceed - however the more community input the better in most cases ;)

Localist2012
04-22-2013, 02:19 AM
Remove it ! SO much more fun.

I don't use it anyway, so whooooshhhh !

EDIT: I wonder how many people made multiple forum accounts to vote on the sticky poll, so they can keep their precious smoke bomb? Or is it IP based?

Either way, I get the sense that there's a bit of panic towards those who use smoke bomb every match.

ion53
04-22-2013, 04:22 PM
Remove the ability to throw. Remove the ability to stun. Remove the ability to build focus. 40 second cool down. This ability was meant for to slow your persuers down (as per the Brotherhood MP trailer). SB should be to slow them down, so you can get to a chase breaker, and get an escape.

Saito_Daemon
04-22-2013, 09:36 PM
Make it like Brotherhood's smoke bomb, where it takes a bit more skill to use and you can't throw it. That's how it should be. It takes little to NO skill to preform kills throwing a smoke bomb.