PDA

View Full Version : Maybe this is what Ubisoft wanted with the Marketing ?

Assassin_M
04-19-2013, 02:22 AM
http://www.vg247.com/2013/04/19/assassins-creed-3-sweeps-2013-game-marketing-awards/

That`s pretty impressive....I can`t say I enjoyed the marketing...It created a whole lot of unnecessary stir and crap everywhere, not to mention it destroyed the game by over hyping...Congrats to the marketing team, nonetheless...

Oh, Marketing....you silly

STDlyMcStudpants
04-19-2013, 02:56 AM
http://www.vg247.com/2013/04/19/assassins-creed-3-sweeps-2013-game-marketing-awards/

That`s pretty impressive....I can`t say I enjoyed the marketing...It created a whole lot of unnecessary stir and crap everywhere, not to mention it destroyed the game by over hyping...Congrats to the marketing team, nonetheless...

Oh, Marketing....you silly

The marketing was beautiful..a tad misleading...but all it took was Connor in a tree and something like "trees used to be so close that you could go from new york to california without touching the ground" not even close to word for word..but that was one of their first marketing campaign..and that idea alone of being able explor ethe US when the forest rulled got my pre order haha

STDlyMcStudpants
04-19-2013, 02:59 AM
scratch that...that was said in an interview on the game
THIS trailer got my pre order https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BVUMPrv8oRw

pirate1802
04-19-2013, 02:59 AM
The marketing was beautiful..a tad misleading...but all it took was Connor in a tree and something like "trees used to be so close that you could go from new york to california without touching the ground" not even close to word for word..but that was one of their first marketing campaign..and that idea alone of being able explor ethe US when the forest rulled got my pre order haha

Apologies, but your profile name reminds me of something nasty.. :|

TheBearJew32
04-19-2013, 03:01 AM
They deserve it. I agree it created a lot of unwanted tension/pro this vs anti- that, but they do let the world know about an AC game...
it's a shame other games/companies aren't as involved in marketing as Ubi are with AC...

STDlyMcStudpants
04-19-2013, 03:04 AM
Apologies, but your profile name reminds me of something nasty.. :|

HAHA that was on purpose! :D

monster_rambo
04-19-2013, 03:47 AM
No best lieing award? Shame. They would be one of the all time greats! :D

pirate1802
04-19-2013, 04:17 AM
No best lieing award? Shame. They would be one of the all time greats! :D

As much as Ubi did lie, I think the best liar award of 2012 is deserved by Bioware..

IWGCJoeCool
04-19-2013, 12:30 PM
As much as Ubi did lie, I think the best liar award of 2012 is deserved by Bioware..

apparantly you dont have much experience with EA(itself), or at least the cursed-by-annual-release-cycle sports games. the head guy recently resigned with some shame, and you really gotta have a plan to get the Golden Poo Award two years in a row.

JC

poptartz20
04-19-2013, 08:37 PM
Wait... did anybody else notice they made AC3 ADIDAS!? : | Why am I just finding this out?

And they won a ship ton of advertising awards. Wow!

Locopells
04-19-2013, 08:50 PM
They deserve it. I agree it created a lot of unwanted tension/pro this vs anti- that, but they do let the world know about an AC game...
it's a shame other games/companies aren't as involved in marketing as Ubi are with AC...

I've often wondered if the tensions weren't deliberate, to get people talking about the game...