PDA

View Full Version : Which was your fav. game?

BigTrevor94
04-18-2013, 08:54 PM
So here we are, getting closer everyday to the new Assassins Creed. But after hour of being on these forums I have concluded that most posts (or at least the ones I read) are either about who was your favored assassin, soundtrack or area but no one really says which was their fav. game. So I devised a system to let people share which was their fav. game based on the score sheet below. As you can I've also made a poll, while you can just vote and leave I would appreciate if you comment using the chat too. I will be doing other forums of this style on a later date but for now this will have to do :)

Scoring Sheet
Each Category is ranked is terms of 1 to 5, 5 being the most influenced and impacting. and 1 being nothing was there

Plot: How well the plot laid out, was it simple or complex?
Main Missions: Easy to understand or confusing?
Additional Missions: Did you feel they were enjoyable or could have done without them?
Challenges: Were they too hard or too easy?
Environment: Did you feel immersed in the world or not?
Main Characters (Playable): Did you feel the main character fit the game or was out of place?
Characters (Non playable): Did you enjoy the addition characters or did you feel they didn't really belong?
Character Voices: Did they seem to fit both the character and/or the time period or did they seem mismatched?
Fighting: Were you impressed or did you feel it was cut and dry mechanics?
Movement: Was climbing, free running, jumping easy or did it need work?
Overall: How well do your think you game did on a overall scale?

If you feel I missed a category, feel free to include in your comments

BigTrevor94
04-18-2013, 09:28 PM
Personally my fav game is Revelations. While brotherhood was also great, revelations had the emotional pull on your heartstrings *Spoiler* especially right at the end when he said he had lived enough for one life time, I was taken back. Plot and main missions seemed a bit dry TBH but I still give them 4's. Side missions were a change of pace but short lived (3). Main character like I said was very emotional, we grew up with Ezio and it was hard saying goodbye (5 and yes I know it is a video game lol). Environment was nice and open like Brotherhood and AC2 of the past (4.5). Some challenges ill admit did irritate me but they were still fun (5). Npc's and their voices were very well done, each did justice to the game overall (5). Fighting was taken to a new level of entertaining with the hook blade and throwing people off rooftops (5) and lastly movement felt better (4) and overall I give it a 5 because despites its few goofs it was IMO the best game in saga

stingray110
04-18-2013, 10:24 PM
I loved Constantiople and my enjoyment of the games are mainly based on the locations so Revelations (Y).

Megas_Doux
04-18-2013, 11:57 PM
Despite its flaws....AC3!!!!!!!!!!!!!

warner4692
04-19-2013, 12:02 AM
ACII. It was the culmination of everything that was so fantastic about the franchise. It was perfectly-paced, and its flaws were memorable. It is also the most replayable of the games.

EllisEverTellYa
04-19-2013, 12:11 AM
I voted for Assassin's creed 1!
Plot: Was really great!(I don't need to say more) 5
Main Missions: The assassination missions were really great! 5!
Additional Missions: Somewhat repetitive. 3
Challenges: It was easy but that's because I am a very good gamer! 3.5
Environment: LOVED it! great atmosphere from Acre to Jerusalem to Damascus all were simply beautiful! 5!
Main Characters (Playable): Altair was a child at the beginning of the game but towards the end he became a man! 4.5
Characters (Non playable): lol, 2.5.
Character Voices: I don't really care. N/A
Movement: Parkour was awesome! 5!
Overall 33.5/40 :p

Assassin_M
04-19-2013, 12:13 AM
Since my favorites are AC I and AC III, I wont cast a vote...

montagemik
04-19-2013, 12:42 AM
ACII. It was the culmination of everything that was so fantastic about the franchise. It was perfectly-paced, and its flaws were memorable. It is also the most replayable of the games.

Really ?

Assassin_M
04-19-2013, 12:46 AM
Really ?
Did you miss the extra awesome memory replay feature ??

warner4692
04-19-2013, 12:54 AM
Really ?

I meant the game, in and of itself.

The memory replay feature doesn't make the game "replayable", necessarily. Replaying memories doesn't substitute for just replaying the story mode. You don't get absolutely everything from it.

Assassin_M
04-19-2013, 12:55 AM
I meant the game, in and of itself.

The memory replay feature doesn't make the game "replayable", necessarily. Replaying memories doesn't substitute for just replaying the story mode. You don't get absolutely everything from it.
Oh thaaaaaaaaat, okay

warner4692
04-19-2013, 01:21 AM
Oh thaaaaaaaaat, okay

Here we go with the condescending sarcasm and the stuck-up snobbiness again...

xx-pyro
04-19-2013, 01:38 AM
If I had to choose one to be stuck with and not play any other, it would be III. Brotherhood however was the most replayable for me, simply because it's the most open right off the bat, and because there is a lot of stuff to do.

Assassin_M
04-19-2013, 01:46 AM
Here we go with the condescending sarcasm and the stuck-up snobbiness again...
Everything is what you make of it, mate xD

I`m surprised you`re so sure i`m being snobby and condescending from a short, 3 lettered sentence on an Internet forum...

warner4692
04-19-2013, 01:51 AM
If I had to choose one to be stuck with and not play any other, it would be III. Brotherhood however was the most replayable for me, simply because it's the most open right off the bat, and because there is a lot of stuff to do.

I absolutely swallowed Brotherhood. It seemed to be the thing that made every change I wanted it to.

warner4692
04-19-2013, 01:52 AM
Everything is what you make of it, mate xD

I`m surprised you`re so sure i`m being snobby and condescending from a short, 3 lettered sentence on an Internet forum...

The general tone behind the way it was written kind of suggests it. And if you're not, would you mind being more clear about your intentions, then? And consistent? Consistent would be great...

Assassin_M
04-19-2013, 01:56 AM
The general tone behind the way it was written kind of suggests it. And if you're not, would you mind being more clear about your intentions, then? And consistent? Consistent would be great...
Intentions ?? What intentions ? I just said "Oh thaaaaaaaaaaat, Okay" xD

I`d say that`s pretty consistent too....with how i`v been replying to you anyway...which is a slight hint that i wasn't being sarcastic or stuck up to you

Deafiroth
04-19-2013, 02:01 AM
I'm for Brotherhood. The controls were intuitive and rome was big, and interesting, although i cant find that last g%*@(&#ed shrunken head.

poptartz20
04-19-2013, 02:26 AM
Oh M... You can NEVER WIN! :D *Pat on the back*

AC3 for me. As much as I did enjoy AC2 and AC1, AC4 is going to be the big question.

SixKeys
04-19-2013, 02:31 AM
Brotherhood for me. I always enjoy going back to Rome and having so many things to do.

CalledChip4200
04-19-2013, 02:37 AM
I like how all the games are different to one another. If you play AC3 and then switch to AC, wow.

warner4692
04-19-2013, 02:46 AM
Intentions ?? What intentions ? I just said "Oh thaaaaaaaaaaat, Okay" xD

I`d say that`s pretty consistent too....with how i`v been replying to you anyway...which is a slight hint that i wasn't being sarcastic or stuck up to you

You said it after saying this:

And when you said that, you were being sarcastic. You were making fun of me for calling ACII replayable in a sarcastic way.

And so, I simply explained to you what I meant with this:

And then you said it. So, actually, there's no hint there at all you weren't being sarcastic and stuck-up. Quite the opposite, in fact.

BigTrevor94
04-19-2013, 03:48 AM
I like how all the games are different to one another. If you play AC3 and then switch to AC, wow.

Yea I too enjoy that, probably why I've played all the games at least twice now ahah

pirate1802
04-19-2013, 03:52 AM
affaffins breed 2!

Though breed 3 came close to dethroning 2 as my fav,

My rating: AC2>AC3>ACR>AC1>ACB

Assassin_M
04-19-2013, 03:54 AM
You said it after saying this:

And when you said that, you were being sarcastic. You were making fun of me for calling ACII replayable in a sarcastic way.

And so, I simply explained to you what I meant with this:

And then you said it. So, actually, there's no hint there at all you weren't being sarcastic and stuck-up. Quite the opposite, in fact.
Well done, Sherlock....well done...

Except, I was talking to HIM...not you. Mate, If wanted to be snarky and stuck up, trust me, I have a whole lot of other FUN ways to actually do this..

let it go, man xD

warner4692
04-19-2013, 06:39 AM
Well done, Sherlock....well done...

Except, I was talking to HIM...not you. Mate, If wanted to be snarky and stuck up, trust me, I have a whole lot of other FUN ways to actually do this..

let it go, man xD

Oh, for God's-

Look, I know you think I'm a total idiot, but I know you were saying that to him as a snotty remark directed at me. Just stop pretending you're not doing what you're really doing. JeSUS...

Assassin_M
04-19-2013, 06:42 AM
Oh, for God's-

Look, I know you think I'm a total idiot, but I know you were saying that to him as a snotty remark directed at me. Just stop pretending you're not doing what you're really doing. JeSUS...
Kay

poptartz20
04-19-2013, 09:11 AM
it surprises me that for so many people to talk down about Connor and AC3 in general it always seems that they take the lead in these polls. I wonder why that is. *looks around*

CalledChip4200
04-19-2013, 09:50 AM
it surprises me that for so many people to talk down about Connor and AC3 in general it always seems that they take the lead in these polls. I wonder why that is. *looks around*

Very true. He's almost beating Ezio in that Favourite Character poll. Not even complaining. I hope Ubisoft sees this

AvK KiNgKoBrA
04-19-2013, 04:01 PM
AC2 of course, it had so much to offer an the varing locations kept u wondering wat was next, who u'll meet, or wat'll u could do here. While sorta repetitive the missions held their own as opposed to ACR. An the enthralling story kept me constantly entertained. AC2 will forever be one of those classics u never forget. Not to mention the major replay value

I give it a 1,000,000/5 lol Best AC IMO!

warner4692
04-19-2013, 09:18 PM
Very true. He's almost beating Ezio in that Favourite Character poll. Not even complaining. I hope Ubisoft sees this

It won't matter. There's been a grand total of 30 votes.

AC2 of course, it had so much to offer an the varing locations kept u wondering wat was next, who u'll meet, or wat'll u could do here. While sorta repetitive the missions held their own as opposed to ACR. An the enthralling story kept me constantly entertained. AC2 will forever be one of those classics u never forget. Not to mention the major replay value

I give it a 1,000,000/5 lol Best AC IMO!

A little repetition is good. In fact, the repetitiveness is why I also love the first game. Getting into a pattern is nice, and then you have every option about which order you proceed in...

ACII won out because it had more variety, and yet, when you came to certain missions, you knew you'd done them before, and you could do it again. It allowed you to get comfortable, and made it so that the game wasn't about surviving from checkpoint to checkpoint.

Plus, the story and atmosphere. I just don't think they'll ever top those. Or the soundtrack. Or graphics. Or, of course, the plot twist. It was just... wow.

MartiusLU58
04-19-2013, 11:21 PM
AC1=AC2>ACB>ACR>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>AC3

AC1 was a bit repetitive, but when I feel like playing Assassin's Creed, my first choice is always the first game. I already lost count of how many times i finished it. This game is super fun. AC2 was amazing two, i just wonder what it would've been if they made an "AC2" with Altair. I still keep dreaming. ACB was great two, was actually my first AC game. ACR was a let down to me, it was so bugged, and that freaking voice they put on Altair, come on.

In AC3, the game mechanics were absolutely terrible. It was always an awful pain the *** to control Connor (the most fluid controls were in ACB, as I recall). He frequently got stuck in a rock or something like 5 cm above the ground. What the hell! Seriously? Or when I was trying to climb the synchronizing points, he often missed and jump to the ground. It never happened in the other AC games
Connor could've been a nice character, but the way the story was told made him look pathetic - SPOILER ALERT - always doing anything that anyone asked him, even for his freaking templar father. I'm not familiar with the american history, so the story seemed totally random and not understandable.
Riding horses got even worse that it already was (unbelievable, Ubi, have you ever heard of Red Dead Redemption?).
The voice syncing was inexisting with most of the NPCs (not to mention that crappy brazilian accent).
And we got bugs, bugs, bugs and even more bugs. Come on, Ubi, that's the best you could do, with one of the greatest game franchises ever?

I guess AC 3 it's the most disappointing game I ever played. And so, my expectations for AC4 are really, really low. Sadly, since I love the AC franchise 'til ACR. Man, I miss Altair and Ezio.

CalledChip4200
04-20-2013, 04:26 AM

AC1 was a bit repetitive, but when I feel like playing Assassin's Creed, my first choice is always the first game. I already lost count of how many times i finished it. This game is super fun. AC2 was amazing two, i just wonder what it would've been if they made an "AC2" with Altair. I still keep dreaming. ACB was great two, was actually my first AC game. ACR was a let down to me, it was so bugged, and that freaking voice they put on Altair, come on.

In AC3, the game mechanics were absolutely terrible. It was always an awful pain the *** to control Connor (the most fluid controls were in ACB, as I recall). He frequently got stuck in a rock or something like 5 cm above the ground. What the hell! Seriously? Or when I was trying to climb the synchronizing points, he often missed and jump to the ground. It never happened in the other AC games
Connor could've been a nice character, but the way the story was told made him look pathetic - SPOILER ALERT - always doing anything that anyone asked him, even for his freaking templar father. I'm not familiar with the american history, so the story seemed totally random and not understandable.
Riding horses got even worse that it already was (unbelievable, Ubi, have you ever heard of Red Dead Redemption?).
The voice syncing was inexisting with most of the NPCs (not to mention that crappy brazilian accent).
And we got bugs, bugs, bugs and even more bugs. Come on, Ubi, that's the best you could do, with one of the greatest game franchises ever?

I guess AC 3 it's the most disappointing game I ever played. And so, my expectations for AC4 are really, really low. Sadly, since I love the AC franchise 'til ACR. Man, I miss Altair and Ezio.

My horse kept getting stuck on rocks in AC3. I feel your pain

Sl1ckM4st3r
04-20-2013, 05:27 AM

It's not possible to fall to the ground in AC3 if you're using the controls right. If you hold only RT the whole time Connor won't jump anywhere that means you'll fall. If you're holding RT + A, then yeah you will fall.

Farlander1991
04-20-2013, 09:11 AM
Assassin's Creed I.

While I did thoroughly enjoy other Assassin's Creed games, there's just some magic that's present in ACI and absent in other games (like, for example, as I mentioned in some thread a long time ago, pretty much the whole game is actually designed to be played without the HUD, and that enhances the experience so much more).

CalledChip4200
04-20-2013, 09:20 AM
Assassin's Creed I.

While I did thoroughly enjoy other Assassin's Creed games, there's just some magic that's present in ACI and absent in other games (like, for example, as I mentioned in some thread a long time ago, pretty much the whole game is actually designed to be played without the HUD, and that enhances the experience so much more).

I've noticed that too. I don't know what kind of wizardry Ubisoft used but whenever I switch back to AC1, it feels like I'm playing it for the first time always

x___Luffy___x
04-20-2013, 04:47 PM
cant vote for 1. for me its AC3 then AC1 and then AC2.

willstannard
04-20-2013, 05:02 PM
AC fans are delusional mo fo's, so much hype for Ac 3 you manage to convince yourselves it was the best game pfft 2 and Brotherhood ftw

ACB
AC2
AC1
AC3
ACR

lothario-da-be
04-20-2013, 05:19 PM
I have no idea wich one my favorite is, today its AC2, 2 weeks ago AC3, a month ago it was ACB, it depends on wich game i played last,the one i din't played for the longest time mostly has a nostalgia advantege.

Assassin_M
04-20-2013, 08:53 PM
AC fans are delusional mo fo's,

Hmm

Get this...I like Assassins creed :0
I agree..

Sushiglutton
04-20-2013, 08:55 PM
AC2 or ACB for me :).

Megas_Doux
04-20-2013, 09:36 PM
Brotherhood besting AC1???????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Insert facepalm here....

This is just, no... Not a surprise considering Cesare borgia got more votes than Robert de sable in the "best templar" competition!......

TinyTemplar
04-20-2013, 10:03 PM
AC 1 and AC2 And AC3, I like all three together. Brotherhood has the best multiplayer. Only revelations was... weak. Voted for AC 1.

ACfan443
04-20-2013, 10:06 PM
What the hell? Why do the vote proportions keep changing with every "fav AC" poll?

TinyTemplar
04-20-2013, 10:20 PM
Well, for example, I understood and loved AC 3 only after a couple of monthes. People just need some time to realize the value of new things.

SixKeys
04-20-2013, 10:25 PM
What the hell? Why do the vote proportions keep changing with every "fav AC" poll?

The forum members keep coming and going depending on activity. So sometimes there'll be more AC3 fans around, sometimes more AC2 fans etc.

TinyTemplar
04-20-2013, 10:28 PM
Result is reliable, 55 members can't just walk around)

Assassin_M
04-20-2013, 10:36 PM
Result is reliable, 55 members can't just walk around)
When anything AC III is winning, the results are never reliable...

warner4692
04-21-2013, 03:49 AM
I've noticed that too. I don't know what kind of wizardry Ubisoft used but whenever I switch back to AC1, it feels like I'm playing it for the first time always

Yeah... And each time, I'm re-pulled back into the universe.

I think that's going to be my antidote for AC games from now on. With each one that comes out, I'll play AC1 through once, first...