PDA

View Full Version : How Is the Value of the Season Pass

Lignjoslav
04-18-2013, 12:54 PM
Assassin's Creed III Season Pass is on sale on GamersGate (http://www.gamersgate.com/DD-AC3SP/assassins-creed-iii-season-pass)! It's 50% off and I'm considering buying it, but I'm not so sure about the value, even at that. I'm mainly considering the single player content and AFAIK it's 3 smaller missions for the "main game" and a total of 6-7h for the three parts of the "Tyranny". Is that correct? And how does that content compare to the main game? Average or better, more original or same old?

BTW, everything else AC is also on sale (http://www.gamersgate.com/games?prio=relevance&q=assassin's%20creed), so it's a great opportunity to complete your AC collection!

Anykeyer
04-18-2013, 02:25 PM
Each SP DLC is about 1.5x larger than most main game's sequences. They dont have side missions (only looting chests, saving civilians, etc) But IMO missions design quality is noticably better, especially in 2nd chapter (cant say anything about 3rd yet). Gameplay is obviously different because of added animal powers. Having them in the main game would be too much (most of the time they feel like cheats) but as a DLC addition they are awesome touch.
Completing all 3 chapters can take from 4 to 10 hours (at least I spent 7 on first 2 chapters already), depending on multiple factors

Lignjoslav
04-18-2013, 02:32 PM
That sounds pretty good. I'm "a completionist" when it comes to Assassin's Creed, I like to see and do everything there is in the game, so my play time tends to be on the high side. I'll likely get this then. Thanks! :)

Taminaattori
04-18-2013, 09:14 PM
This may be a dumb question but doea the gamersgate season pass work with a retail version of AC 3?
Just wondering before putting my money on it.

Lignjoslav
04-18-2013, 09:47 PM
Not a dumb question, I know you can't buy it on Steam if you've got the main game elsewhere. I bought the main game on Green Man Gaming and I actually had a moment of cold sweat with the Season Pass, but the code was eventually activated successfully. :)

Anykeyer
04-19-2013, 06:11 AM
Code will actually work regardless of your version. The only problem is obtaining DLC installer files. Retailer should give you them because Uplay PC client has no downloads for DLCs