PDA

View Full Version : Admiratrion button. Yes or not?

Dente superbo
04-18-2013, 12:16 PM
In AC multi we have Taunt button. What do You think about button to express admiration? For example: my enemy kill me cunningly and stealthy or I see how another player stuns others (of course no noobs:p) with distruption and firecrakers - I send him admiration. Maybe have You other situations to use admiration button?

masterermac
04-19-2013, 08:02 PM
A big yes from me. I always think that there should be a way to taunt or show respect to your opponent. There have been many instances where I wanted in some way to let my opponent know they provided me with a tough, but cool experience, or they did a cool play and outsmarted me which impressed me in some way and currently there's no way to do it as it is now. Please add a Show Respect action!

waynedavies89
04-19-2013, 08:10 PM
A great idea and it makes perfect sense

Ysanoire
04-19-2013, 09:03 PM
Yes, I remember thinking that there should be a positive equivalent to the taunt action. Like a friendly wave button or a kudos button or something like that. Sometimes I wanna signal "props to you", sometimes just "oh, thanks for killing this guy for me". etc.

kucingminummilo
04-19-2013, 09:11 PM
Yes. Something like a bow would be awesome. Often times I found myself outsmarting somebody who made a great play, I feel the need to tell him that he was a great adversary. Like a "touché".

Thank you for suggesting this. I am behind this 10%.

MRsmith1994
04-19-2013, 09:23 PM
that would be a HECK yes for me

weeklydose
04-19-2013, 09:26 PM
Sending a message usually does the trick if you want to express your admiration.

I don't see a lot of uses for an Admiration as the positive equivalent of a Taunt. No matter how nice a kill I see happening in front of me in a game of FFA, I'm not going to activate a gesture animation that will give me away. And if I'm dead, my lifeless corpse really can't do any animation other than being dead... :)

Go4Seven
04-19-2013, 09:30 PM
I like this idea too. My only reservation is that I currently use the mic to tell people they did a good job. The ease of a button would probably stop me from congratulating people personally over the mic.

Taunting isn't really my style. 99% of my taunts are accidental (from trying to change ability sets). I might "admire" people ironically, though, since. snark is more my style.

I'm sure some female personas would attract admiration taunts of a different kind. :)

MRsmith1994
04-19-2013, 09:42 PM
Sending a message usually does the trick if you want to express your admiration.

I don't see a lot of uses for an Admiration as the positive equivalent of a Taunt. No matter how nice a kill I see happening in front of me in a game of FFA, I'm not going to activate a gesture animation that will give me away. And if I'm dead, my lifeless corpse really can't do any animation other than being dead... :)
party pooper ._.

Jaanii95
04-19-2013, 10:14 PM
not enough buttons

KazuoMitarashi
04-20-2013, 12:21 AM
This is a complete waste of time that they could put to use fixing glitches in their games...

WyvernKnight27
04-20-2013, 12:55 AM
We already have an admiration button: it's called "sending a message."

blazing_roar
04-21-2013, 03:14 AM
it would be cool but i wont use it that much, i barely even use the taunt button

Moi-dix-Mois43
04-21-2013, 04:00 AM
Seems like a good idea...except I get the feeling this would be used very sarcastically by many bitter opponents :P

WalrusPancakes
04-21-2013, 04:50 AM
Its basically sending a "Good game etc" message.It would save time,but only a little xD

Dynillaristic
04-21-2013, 11:23 PM
they should have a "high five" option heh heh

Localist2012
04-22-2013, 02:25 AM
I often just send a message.

Would be a cool option though. Only problem is, I'd probably only use it a few times or to just complete a challenge. I don't even taunt anymore, it's just gone dry. Would rather sooner be off getting more points for my 10k+ wins ;D

Metroid-Prime
04-22-2013, 04:07 AM
If they do maybe they can add a "middle finger" button too; that would be awesome.

mukwag
04-22-2013, 05:50 AM
I think a better option would be the ability to choose taunts, like what you want your persona to say. Sort of like the weapons wheel in the single player.

Anykeyer
04-22-2013, 07:53 AM
I dont think they should stop there.
Some games have large selection of pre-recorded taunts. Like saying "yes", threating, joking, thanking, saying to follow and so on.

not enough buttons
hold taunt + select the one u need with a stick from radial menu. just pressing taunt once without moving a stick = old style AC taunt. simple

This is a complete waste of time that they could put to use fixing glitches in their games...
No, its not. Its a multiplayer game that lacks almost all social features like this or even text chats. I consider this to be major issue.
For example on PC you cant even send text message without adding that player as friend first. Also AC3 has voice chat disabled by default.. And if its disabled than you cant hear anyone. Only <10% has it enabled even in team modes and can hear what u tell them.

jerzu97
04-26-2013, 06:19 PM
Yea it would kinda give the game more nicer mood. People wouldn't be ****s and just taunt for anger.

Dynillaristic
04-26-2013, 07:40 PM
not enough buttons

it would be left on the pad. right on the pad is taunt so it is perfect

lBamitsMichael
04-26-2013, 09:01 PM
Left on the D-pad to taunt and right to admire, sounds good to me.

I_Leave_No_Trace
04-28-2013, 11:42 PM
Kind of pointless but it would be pretty awesome.

Usually when someone kills me in a clever way, I send them a message complimenting it

Dosenwabe
04-29-2013, 02:13 AM
When playing online, every other player is just pissing me off. They are my enemies and rivals. I don't want to congratulate them for beating me/being better than me/ruining my strategies, I just get angry and hate them. And brutal murdering orgy games full of death and ending lives like this should not have a "nicer mood".

Tha Fazz
04-29-2013, 02:20 AM
No...that's what sending messages is for

Ultima Powers 7
04-29-2013, 03:27 PM
YES! Great idea, part of the reason I play as the Preacher is because his taunt is a bow, so it fits my style anyway (of being respectfully disrespectful).

But then, I expect nothing less from my padawan. Not that you are one anymore. Beware Dente everybody, 'Adapt & Overcome' doesn't even cover it!

Science Bless You.