PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone else see Animus Shield as a sign of a broken multiplayer?

stingray110
04-16-2013, 08:02 PM
If the developers created an ability to counter smoke or gun and other abilities, doesn't this suggest that possibly something is not correct or these abilities are too influential in the game and therefore have no option but to counter these abilities?

KazuoMitarashi
04-16-2013, 08:25 PM
It's called a good defensive ability that fails 80% of the time due to lag and is only useful in anticipation. Yes, smoke is OP, and gun is a free kill from across the map like Minor Hack, but just because you see an ability as defensive doesn't mean the game is broken. It's broken because of many other things.

lBamitsMichael
04-16-2013, 08:59 PM
Not really, it counters most things and can be countered itself by a few things (Wipe, Smoke Bomb, Body Guard etc..)
It can be countered just like every other ability, it's the only ability people fear in this game since it counters their precious abilities.
Most people have no idea what to do without their abilities which is why this ability is really good and should stay.

And the long cooldown makes it really hard to abuse and it can be wasted alot because it really does require skill to use.

Example: I'm about to knife stun my pursuer, should i use Animus Shield? Should i risk it? You could use it but what if he doesn't use any abilities? You've now wasted it and he now knows you have one less ability, you now have an artefact in Artefact Assault, should you run to your base and use it when you're close to it or use it on your way? You used your teleport to get into the base and this is the only thing keeping you alive, you use it but no one's around, it disappears and bang! You got shot, game over.

AvK KiNgKoBrA
04-16-2013, 09:27 PM
IMO shield is more OP than Smoke now

Empyreal Light
04-16-2013, 10:10 PM
Wow really...people complain about every ability in the game...animus shield is definitely not OP...most people think Animus Shield fails at times because they use it right AFTER they're knives or shot...most people don't use it at the right time , and in some cases lag does occur or you don't hear the gun sound before you are shot...and you always have to plan your abilities...you should pay attention to who uses what in a match..it's all about planning..

MRHSen
04-17-2013, 02:37 AM
Good tip for Anus shield ( that wasn't a typo ) :
When you thing you should pop-up shield, it's too late.
So yeah, the more you use it the more you get used to pop it in the right time!

Karma--x--
04-17-2013, 04:21 AM
I think shield is a perfect ability. As someone previously posted, there is A LOT that goes wrong with shield... Lag and such. I think if y'all are gonna use smoke offensively, we should be able to counter it. Suck it up, buttercup. :)

guitargod33
04-17-2013, 07:53 PM
I have zero problems with animus shield being in the game. No, it's not a sign of anything wrong with the game, in fact, I think it's a rare thing that shows Ubi was actually listening to what the players wanted. Sure it's frustrating when it's used on you, but it's well balanced, especially being that it has such a high risk/reward factor.

Free_Hidings
04-17-2013, 11:09 PM
If the developers created an ability to counter smoke or gun and other abilities, doesn't this suggest that possibly something is not correct or these abilities are too influential in the game and therefore have no option but to counter these abilities?

Nope.