PDA

View Full Version : Should we be excited for AC4?

pacmanate
04-15-2013, 08:51 PM
So I find all these guys annoying, BUT they do say something interesting.

AC games always sound cool, all the new features, but when you play it, is it really as cool as they make it sound?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=swVO33OlGMk

AllThatJuice
04-15-2013, 08:58 PM
Kind of a silly question imo...Should we be excited for AC4? It depends on the person. Me personally, I am looking forward to Black Flag. I've not seen anything so far that gives me a reason not to be excited for it.

Also none of the guys in that video are AC fans to begin with, so its kind of a biased argument. I know for a fact that the guy in the middle (Collin I think his name is) pretty much hates Assassin's Creed.

pacmanate
04-15-2013, 09:00 PM
Kind of a silly question imo...Should we be excited for AC4? It depends on the person. Me personally, I am looking forward to Black Flag.

Also none of the guys in that video are AC fans to begin with, so its kind of a biased argument. I know for a fact that the guy in the middle (Collin I think his name is) pretty much hates Assassin's Creed.

Yeah he is a ****. But I do agree with what they said though, AC games always sound cool, but are the features they say ever as cool as when we use them?

AllThatJuice
04-15-2013, 09:09 PM
I cant think of any features that theyve announced in the past, which were really hyped up but let us down in the full game...Ermm....AC2 had the 2 hidden blades, hidden gun and the new assassination techniques all those were welcome additions and made AC2 a great game...Brotherhood had assassin recruits, which again improved gameplay...Revelations had the bombs (which I wasnt a fan of to begin with) and the hookblade...I'll admit the added features in revelations were underwhelming for me...with ac3 some of the new features were tree climbing, weather changes, naval and a bunch others....tbh i cant think of any features which were announced that never lived up to expectations...i mean just look at the naval part of ac3, that was a huge success. tree climbing and hunting also made gameplay fun....

Umbra_Blade
04-15-2013, 09:20 PM
I think that with any game, not just with AC you should take everything you see and are told about the game with a pinch of salt, atleast until a couple of months before release. This is because usually when a game is announced it is usually getting features tested, some of the really cool ones that have just been announced have to be scrapped or 'dumbed down', because they don't fit the game, or because of too many bugs, or that there simply isn't enough time to get that feature polished up enough to be in the final game.

So should we be excited for AC4? Yes and no. We should remain sceptical about what we are being shown or told months before release. As building up hype for a game is pretty harmful for when you finally get to play it, AC3 being a prime example, it was hyped up so much that to meet the expectations of consumers it would have had to have been one of the most perfect games ever made. If you keep your ambitions for AC4 at a moderate level, you will only be pleasantly surprised by what you play, instead of angry that the game wasn't how you thought it would be.

Megas_Doux
04-15-2013, 11:29 PM
There are things that I am really looking for such as the naval gameplay and La Habana! All the ACīs , more or less, have always delivered in terms of atmosphere, so I am not concerned in regards to that!

However I really hope they can live up to the "back to the ACIīs" freedom in terms of mission design, but since they have "failed" us before. So I am wary, interested, but not that much hyped.

Jack_Pirate
04-16-2013, 12:31 AM
We can be excited for whatever we want

Dosenwabe
04-16-2013, 01:05 AM
I don't care for features, gameplay, or mechanics at all. I'm always hyped for the story, atmosphere, world and setting, and learning about history only. And that never disappointed so far. AC is unique, in that regard. The only other franchises I know that come close to this in terms of teaching me stuff and make me think about life, are Metal Gear and Bioshock. But the ignorant gamer community doesn't seem to appreciate this. Sad. So yes, you all should be hyped for every new AC! (I'm not cause I already f*cking hate Edward Kenway to death)

DynastyXVI
04-16-2013, 06:55 AM
im excited i just feel like the lack of beaked hood on edward is gonna make me crazy. worried i wont feel like im playing as an assassin.

pirate1802
04-16-2013, 07:12 AM
No we should not be excited about Assassin's Creed 4: Black Flag. Anyone who does that is a freaking idiot!
Or
Yes we should get excited about Assassin's Creed 4: Black Flag. Anyone who doesn't is a freaking moron!

What kind of stupid question is this.. are we required to develop a consensus or seek permission on whether we should be excited about something? Either we get excited or we don't, simple as that. Also not everyone gets excited about the same thing, facts probably unknown to these gentlemen. Me for example, I don't care about new features and such. All I care about is the "feel" of being in a city of the past.

ProletariatPleb
04-16-2013, 07:41 AM
You had to put an IGN video there?

montagemik
04-16-2013, 09:56 AM
Yeah he is a ****. But I do agree with what they said though, AC games always sound cool, but are the features they say ever as cool as when we use them?

As most of those guys never even completed the game (in last 6 months ) - Their 'opinion' on the overall game or it's features carry little to no relevance for me.

IGNorance is their area of expertise . IMO

MasterAssasin84
04-16-2013, 11:51 AM
I am very excited for Black Flag and it is my decision what games i spend my money on !!