PDA

View Full Version : AC4 hype level?

Legendz54
04-15-2013, 04:19 AM
Basically what is your AC4 hype level? Are you more excited for gameplay or story? or are you all hyped out since AC3. Personally I am excited but not too hyped about the story since we have no one to follow up on since Desmond's death, Personally i think i will be more hyped for the next one since we will have people to follow up on.

PS: Lately I have noticed the forums are not really exploding with new info since the gameplay trailer. So the forums are not booming as usual.

monster_rambo
04-15-2013, 04:35 AM
Not excited period. Unless they have stellar reviews, have everything they promised, actually working (itlttle bugs/glitches), back to ACI assassination, compelling modern and pirate story......plus I am growing fatigue of this game, been playing it for several years, don't feel fresh or excited.

Jack-Reacher
04-15-2013, 05:05 AM
Series has lost its life thanks to yearly releases, I mean honestly I don't see how anyone can be excited anymore the story feels watered down, and you also know that another AC game will be right around the corner after AC4

monster_rambo
04-15-2013, 05:22 AM
You should make a poll or a scale from 1-10.

ProletariatPleb
04-15-2013, 05:37 AM
On the scale of AC1 to AC3, I'd say AC:R.

Legendz54
04-15-2013, 05:40 AM
You should make a poll or a scale from 1-10.

done.

pirate1802
04-15-2013, 05:47 AM
I want to get hyped but I'm not for some reason.....

I'd say its on Revelations level.. that was one AC about which I didn't follow any hype, promo videos anything. In contrast, I followed every little bit of AC3 hype machine :(

rileypoole1234
04-15-2013, 05:58 AM
I'd say I'm as hyped for this as I was for AC1, mostly because I don't know if I should expect something amazing or a massive disappointment. Thankfully AC1 was something amazing...

Soulid_Snake
04-15-2013, 07:01 AM
I think AC3 might have been my last AC, I don't like the direction it's going in. It's got rid of everything that made it AC.

poptartz20
04-15-2013, 07:25 AM
I think I'm more excited about the story considering I've absolutely fallin in love with the Kenway saga. I like the complexity behind the characters and the depth of the story. Not to mention it's during my favorite period in history. (1700's) Also I loved AC3 I'm just still not sure how I feel about a numbered release after just a year. I know they did it between AC1 and AC2, buf for some reason it just doesn't feel right. I debate from time to time if I should pre-order it or not. Maybe after E3 or the more that is revealed I'll come around. So right now the hype level is about a 4-5 out of 10. meh.. Also I'm not fully sold on the "pirate/naval" game .

On the scale of AC1 to AC3, I'd say AC:R.

Whaaa??

monster_rambo
04-15-2013, 07:28 AM
Whaaa??

He probably means he's not very excited.

poptartz20
04-15-2013, 07:53 AM
He probably means he's not very excited.

Haha.. .I figured that out. Just an odd scale to use.

UrDeviant1
04-15-2013, 07:59 AM
For once, I'm more concerned with how the gameplay is gonna turn out. The story is actually quite lacklustre tbh. Hype levels are Meh, i'll wait to hear more.

Legendz54
04-15-2013, 08:08 AM
I hope this game can be a new start to the franchise, hopefully from now on it will get better. Their fan base is only just hanging on by a thread.

montagemik
04-15-2013, 09:00 AM
For once, I'm more concerned with how the gameplay is gonna turn out. The story is actually quite lacklustre tbh. Hype levels are Meh, i'll wait to hear more.

I know what you mean , I Just hope we don't have a repeat of AC3 ................DEVS So impressed with the NEW Frontier - they seemed to be blind to the countless faults within the rest of the game.
Here's hoping their 'Carribbean environment' isn't their only focus this time around.

Aphex_Tim
04-15-2013, 09:05 AM
I know what you mean , I Just hope we don't have a repeat of AC3 ................DEVS So impressed with the NEW Frontier - they seemed to be blind to the countless faults within the rest of the game.
Here's hoping their 'Carribbean environment' isn't their only focus this time around.

AC3 almost felt more like a sort of "demo" for what the new engine could do.
Now that they're more familiar with it, maybe we'll get a more consistent and polished game.

Cpt_Yanni
04-15-2013, 09:13 AM
I've never been very hyped since Assassin's Creed II because they didn't do awesome teasers like back then... I still remember the mysterious websites with Da Vinci his machines etc. Also the yearly releases have made the hype factor much lower for myself. But as a true fan, I'm still looking forward to the game. I think I will get hyped when we get more information and when the release is known for the PlayStation 4-version ;).

ACfan443
04-15-2013, 10:02 AM
Not really hyped. I hate the concept behind AC:BF.

Dag_B
04-15-2013, 10:06 AM
It's an odd scale to jump from Very Hyped to meh.
I would say, I'm somewhere in between.
I've seen enough stuff to expect a good game that I might enjoy and to know that I want it (already preordered although that also because I wanted a CE and I'm not sure how much are available - you can always cancel preorders but if an item you want goes out of stock you might have trouble to get it), so surely I am hyped as we didn't see much yet. (Although I guess we already know what to expect roughly as the gameplayelements seem to be based on that ones in AC3 with "just" refinements and some add-ons like diving.)
On the other hand I am not überhyped. I think I'll have my fun with AC4 but I expect nothing revolutionary new. My guess is that Black Flag is more like a spin-off from AC3 (like Brotherhood and Revelations for AC2) and that the 4 just means that we have a new character (Eddy) and to give a hint that the Desmond "trilogy" is really done and that we'll have a new modern day-character.
But that does not mean that 4 won't be a good game. I enjoyed Brotherhood and Revelations a lot. ^^"

silvermercy
04-15-2013, 11:18 AM
I was between meh... and 'want to be hyped but can't'. I voted the latter. Slightly different reasons for me though: I know how Edward dies. If I know how a story ends I always lose interest? It's happened to me so many times before with books, films, games. Not something new for me.

pirate1802
04-15-2013, 11:39 AM
I was between meh... and 'want to be hyped but can't'. I voted the latter. Slightly different reasons for me though: I know how Edward dies. If I know how a story ends I always lose interest? It's happened to me so many times before with books, films, games. Not something new for me.

You know how Edward dies but you don't know how AC IV's story ends? It may end long before Edward's death, or it may end after his death for all we know. A story doesn't necessary have to end at the same time its main character dies..

silvermercy
04-15-2013, 11:59 AM
You know how Edward dies but you don't know how AC IV's story ends? It may end long before Edward's death, or it may end after his death for all we know. A story doesn't necessary have to end at the same time its main character dies..
Yes, true, but I just tend to connect with a main character in films, books etc and it's almost the same for me, as if it was the main story. (Main character usually is connected with main story anyway).

Unless they have a plot twist and we play as another pirate after the first few sequences. lol

pirate1802
04-15-2013, 12:04 PM
^AC is different though, here the main story continues even after the main character's death. Heck it continues through several generations and protagonists..

silvermercy
04-15-2013, 12:11 PM
^AC is different though, here the main story continues even after the main character's death. Heck it continues through several generations and protagonists..
Yes, but think of it like an episode. The main story of that episode ends there somehow. So it's still the same for me. So if I know the fate of a protagonist I lose interest. Think of it like a major spoiler?

pirate1802
04-15-2013, 12:17 PM
Yes, but think of it like an episode. The main story of that episode ends there somehow. So it's still the same for me. So if I know the fate of a protagonist I lose interest. Think of it like a major spoiler?

Didn't the devs say the game will spar around a decade? I'm sure Edward doesn't die at 1725, so his death is anyway irrelevant to the story..

Its like someone telling me that Altair dies many years after the conclusion of AC1's story, would that spoil me? xD Don't think so.

silvermercy
04-15-2013, 12:20 PM
Didn't the devs say the game will spar around a decade? I'm sure Edward doesn't die at 1725, so his death is anyway irrelevant to the story..
Probably. But I still know the character's end. It's spoiled for me. I'd feel the same if someone said the same for Connor before I played a future game of his. I'd lose a certain percentage of interest.

I would still play all games of course. lol

Legendz54
04-15-2013, 12:27 PM
Probably. But I still know the character's end. It's spoiled for me. I'd feel the same if someone said the same for Connor before I played a future game of his. I'd lose a certain percentage of interest.

I would still play all games of course. lol

Look on the bright side, we know nothing on how the modern day plot and protagonist will turn out.

silvermercy
04-15-2013, 12:28 PM
Look on the bright side, we know nothing on how the modern day plot and protagonist will turn out.
Ah okay! :D Will try!

ACfan443
04-15-2013, 12:34 PM

First person and half arsed most likely..

montagemik
04-15-2013, 01:26 PM

LOL UBI aren't difficult to predict are they ?

Legendz54
04-15-2013, 01:34 PM

First person: Not confirmed... and half assed: we will see..

Sushiglutton
04-15-2013, 01:49 PM
It's an odd scale to jump from Very Hyped to meh.
I would say, I'm somewhere in between."

Agree with this, I'm somewhere up there too. AC3 is like a big toolbag. If they manage to pick the right ones, brush them up, and combine them well AC4:BF could be amazing. But AC is such a complex franchise that it's just as easy to just make total mess of it. So we have to wait and see.

Dosenwabe
04-15-2013, 01:57 PM
Rot in hell, Edward Kenway, and take your b*tches with you! I wish I could be excited.

ACfan443
04-15-2013, 02:00 PM
First person: Not confirmed... and half assed: we will see..

Do you really think they're going to put in any more effort into the modern day plot than they did from AC1 to AC3?
The way I see it, after ending on such a big cliffhanger, you should follow up with a big development and resolution...I don't see either of those happening.

roostersrule2
04-15-2013, 02:01 PM
I'm kinda hyped, it's going to be a day 1 purchase but it doesn't have they hype the previous games have due to franchise fatigue, games dropping in quality and because the ending of AC3 didn't keep you guessing like the other ones did.

pacmanate
04-15-2013, 02:52 PM
Well the yearly releases have burnt me out seeing as the quality never changed at all and everything was pretty much the same.

After AC3, at first my hype was low for AC4 because AC3 was hyped to death and I thought it was one of the worst AC games.

That said, reading Forsaken has made me really excited for Edward and Im not even sure why seeing as he dies really early on in the book.

However, if AC4 is not a step up in quality, I am giving up on the series.

kriegerdesgottes
04-15-2013, 03:14 PM
I think AC3 might have been my last AC, I don't like the direction it's going in. It's got rid of everything that made it AC.

This. I said after Revelations that if they don't make AC good again with ACIII that I would be done and so I think I might just be done. I'm still curious about Black Flag but I certainly am no fan of the concept or the direction of the game. I think it's time to move on.

ajl992008
04-15-2013, 03:26 PM
I am least hyped for this game compared to all the games in the series, to tell you the truth I don't really care, but I will wait and see, I will get it because I like AC and want to see the next part of the story but I don;t think i'll preorder it like i have for all the others and will wait for reviews, but i'm getting ahead of myself, lets see proper gameplay first.

jayjay275
04-15-2013, 03:43 PM
I would say I am a little hyped, but I do not want the same amount of hypwe that was directed at AC3, because there were some disappointments.

ajl992008
04-15-2013, 03:50 PM
the only games in the series that actually met my expectations were ac2 and acr (ac1 was good but i had no expectations, I just picked it up), acb was so below my expectations that it put me off the series for a bit, ac3 was below expectations but I still consider it an amazing game (it is my favorite) it just didn't meet what the devs promised. I will wait and see with this one, but god if the main story is 10-12 hours again i will get really annoyed, its like with each new ac they keep reducing the length of the games.

Bastiaen
04-15-2013, 03:56 PM
I really want to be hyped. Really I do, but I"m finding that I'm not. Maybe there is too much going on in my life for this to seem like a big deal right now.

SleezeRocker
04-15-2013, 03:58 PM
Im buying it but i'm not as excited (as I'd like to be) compared to when AC2 was announced. After Brotherhood, every new AC game felt like "Oh cool a new AC game" whereas when AC2 was announced I was more "Whoah S&*^! A new AC game! Oh yeah!!"

pirate1802
04-15-2013, 04:39 PM
I really want to be hyped. Really I do, but I"m finding that I'm not. Maybe there is too much going on in my life for this to seem like a big deal right now.

Yeah, sadly I feel exactly the same.

rob.davies2014
04-15-2013, 04:41 PM
I'm not hyped and glad of it. The amount of hype around Ac3 was ridiculous! If I'm not expecting much then Black Flag is more likely to surprise and entertain me.

jayjay275
04-15-2013, 04:45 PM
Obviously, with the PS4 coming, you can see that I would rather wait to get Black Flag as a Launch title for PS4, that is why I don't want to get hyped with games, because I need money.

silvermercy
04-15-2013, 05:05 PM
We will all get hyped before release day! XD ;)
Whole Ubi forum: OMGGG! Me hands are shaakinngg!! Aaaaaah... I can't!!

PandaPuff86
04-15-2013, 05:32 PM
I'll be hyped when October comes. Its April now and nothing is going on except with dealing with life. Plain and simple.

monster_rambo
04-15-2013, 05:33 PM

^This. I don't see any point in a modern story anymore. They had the idea in ACI, ACII, and ACB but ****ed it up in ACR and ACIII and the gameplay always sucked. If they are going to force a modern story in, they might us well make it some cinematic and cut the bull**** gameplay and reading emails because I'm not interested. If they really wanted to work on the modern day plot, you would think they have more information on it. Obviously they have nothing to show off.

montagemik
04-15-2013, 06:02 PM
^This. I don't see any point in a modern story anymore. They had the idea in ACI, ACII, and ACB but ****ed it up in ACR and ACIII and the gameplay always sucked. If they are going to force a modern story in, they might us well make it some cinematic and cut the bull**** gameplay and reading emails because I'm not interested. If they really wanted to work on the modern day plot, you would think they have more information on it. Obviously they have nothing to show off.

If you 'see no point in a modern story' anymore - Then i fail to understand which game series or story you've been following .

"" Force a modern day story in "" ......really ?? The Modern day story is just as relevant as it ever was - only the end objective has changed .

monster_rambo
04-15-2013, 06:15 PM
If you 'see no point in a modern story' anymore - Then i fail to understand which game series or story you've been following .

"" Force a modern day story in "" ......really ?? The Modern day story is just as relevant as it ever was - only the end objective has changed .

I'm sorry, you clearly haven't read my post. ACIII modery day story was poorly executed and they have retconned a lot of materials from the past games. The ending sucked and many questions are left unanswered and the best people could do is try to come up with their version of the theory of how things happened or answer which it shouldn't because there should be a consensus of what has actually happened in the story. I could go on, and I made a seperate thread/rant long time ago. The gameplay didn't really improve and when it came for Desmond's time to shine after playing redundant POV block puzzles, we get three short mission, Cross's epic failure to live up to his name, and Vidic's anticlimatic death. AC has always been about history for most, and taking out modern story probably simplifies the story and makes it less convoluted. It probably tells a better story through a bottom up approach instead of trying to mix everything together. I can't think of what dramatic change to the modern story they can make expecially to gameplay and story wise. I doubt is going to improve in terms of gameplay so I think is best if it sticks to cinematic cutscenes,etc.

Assassin_M
04-15-2013, 06:24 PM
and they have retconned a lot of materials from the past games.
nope

OT: the result of this Poll worries me

overdidd
04-15-2013, 06:28 PM
It's weird, I'm not hyped at all. Which is good, I hate being hyped. I think I've become used to the anual ac game release. Surprise me ubisoft! ;)

Bastiaen
04-15-2013, 06:36 PM
The modern story is what provides meaning and motivation. If there is one thing that is killing my hype for AC4, it's Desmond's death. People hated Desmond, but they obviously didn't see his importance to the whole narrative. The modern story is what brings everything together. Without it, the individual stories are a series of unrelated, yet cool narratives. If they botch the modern story in AC4, it could ruin everything for me.

lothario-da-be
04-15-2013, 07:07 PM
Where is the option ' trying to not get hyped to prevent a dissapointment'?

montagemik
04-15-2013, 07:12 PM
I'm sorry, you clearly haven't read my post. ACIII modery day story was poorly executed and they have retconned a lot of materials from the past games. The ending sucked and many questions are left unanswered and the best people could do is try to come up with their version of the theory of how things happened or answer which it shouldn't because there should be a consensus of what has actually happened in the story. I could go on, and I made a seperate thread/rant long time ago. The gameplay didn't really improve and when it came for Desmond's time to shine after playing redundant POV block puzzles, we get three short mission, Cross's epic failure to live up to his name, and Vidic's anticlimatic death. AC has always been about history for most, and taking out modern story probably simplifies the story and makes it less convoluted. It probably tells a better story through a bottom up approach instead of trying to mix everything together. I can't think of what dramatic change to the modern story they can make expecially to gameplay and story wise. I doubt is going to improve in terms of gameplay so I think is best if it sticks to cinematic cutscenes,etc.

Pssst ! ........Hey Rambo , Guess what - Even after your further explanation .................... The Modern day story is just as relevant as it ever was - only the end objective has changed .

You're dissapointed with the story - Does NOT equal 'modern day story has no point.
Questions left unanswered = Wait until the actual END of the AC story before judging the story . (i do this with all stories)

Opinions & interpretations differ about the Desmond ending ........partly because we don't have all the facts or explanation of the full story YET . we only know what was discovered up to the point of his death.
What will we learn in AC4 ? , What will we learn in AC 5 ? ................What will we learn when / if we begin playing as William/ Sean/Rebecca again ? ...
We have NO idea ...........So deciding the Modern day portion of the game series is Now pointless is a little short sighted i'd say.

ACfan443
04-15-2013, 07:13 PM
nope

OT: the result of this Poll worries me

Actually, if you look at the proportion of people who are hyped compared to those who aren't, it's 14 to 31 respectively, so not too worrying.

Assassin_M
04-15-2013, 07:25 PM
Actually, if you look at the proportion of people who are hyped compared to those who aren't, it's 14 to 31 respectively, so not too worrying.
it`s still too close...

montagemik
04-15-2013, 07:31 PM
it`s still too close...

Age would be a factor

monster_rambo
04-15-2013, 07:35 PM
Pssst ! ........Hey Rambo , Guess what - Even after your further explanation .................... The Modern day story is just as relevant as it ever was - only the end objective has changed .

You're dissapointed with the story - Does NOT equal 'modern day story has no point.
Questions left unanswered = Wait until the actual END of the AC story before judging the story . (i do this with all stories)

Opinions & interpretations differ about the Desmond ending ........partly because we don't have all the facts or explanation of the full story YET . we only know what was discovered up to the point of his death.
What will we learn in AC4 ? , What will we learn in AC 5 ? ................What will we learn when / if we begin playing as William/ Sean/Rebecca again ? ...
We have NO idea ...........So deciding the Modern day portion of the game series is Now pointless is a little short sighted i'd say.

Hello!! Oblivious individual over here, you think we will ever have a proper ending and explanation to all the events in AC? Of course not, and they never will cause guess what, they are going to keep on milking the cash machine until everybody is sick and tired after the 25 annual AC release.

ThiagoRichter
04-15-2013, 08:16 PM
This. I said after Revelations that if they don't make AC good again with ACIII that I would be done and so I think I might just be done. I'm still curious about Black Flag but I certainly am no fan of the concept or the direction of the game. I think it's time to move on.
I am so sad to agree with this, but... I miss Assassin's Creed and I don't feel like playing a twisted-butchered-hollywoodesque-mindless new version of it and watching everything the first games created go downhill. I might be done as well.

pacmanate
04-15-2013, 08:20 PM
Only 15 people hyped.

Good choice.

Keep expectations low.

Don't let yourself give in to marketing strategies this year.

SixKeys
04-15-2013, 08:45 PM
I wish I could be hyped, but I'm not and I know exactly why. I fear AC4 is going to continue along the same lines as AC3: more action, less stealth, broken AI, boring side missions, etc. I just don't have much faith in Ubi after the last two games.

pacmanate
04-15-2013, 09:02 PM
I wish I could be hyped, but I'm not and I know exactly why. I fear AC4 is going to continue along the same lines as AC3: more action, less stealth, broken AI, boring side missions, etc. I just don't have much faith in Ubi after the last two games.

That happened to Dead Space :| 1 was scary, 2 was less scary and had more cinematics and action, and 3 was just full of cinematics. Not everything needs to be action to be fun. Hopefully Splinter Cell will be a good example. Always like a good stealth game.

Jack_Pirate
04-15-2013, 09:10 PM
Incomprehensibly Hyped. I didnt waste any hype on Gears of War judgement, so i have a lot of hype to spare on AC4.

Bastiaen
04-15-2013, 09:15 PM
The modern story is what provides meaning and motivation. If there is one thing that is killing my hype for AC4, it's Desmond's death. People hated Desmond, but they obviously didn't see his importance to the whole narrative. The modern story is what brings everything together. Without it, the individual stories are a series of unrelated, yet cool narratives. If they botch the modern story in AC4, it could ruin everything for me.

montagemik
04-15-2013, 09:39 PM
Hello!! Oblivious individual over here, you think we will ever have a proper ending and explanation to all the events in AC? Of course not, and they never will cause guess what, they are going to keep on milking the cash machine until everybody is sick and tired after the 25 annual AC release.

Yeah , actually i DO think we'll get an end to the Modern day story we've been following through the series. ( even if a cliche Temp/Assassin alliance & we destroy all P.O.E & Juno )
That doesn't have to mean the End of the AC franchise or Templar & Assassin orders - or even Abstergo .
They can End the current modern story & still branch off another Assassin creed based game series - In any genre they choose.thanks to their 'ingame' Abstergo entertainment plotline.

I'm fully aware Ubisoft were looking for a long term cash machine from the start of the AC series - 5 games is a little bit late in the series for you to Now be bothered by this realisation.

monster_rambo
04-15-2013, 09:55 PM
Yeah , actually i DO think we'll get an end to the Modern day story we've been following through the series. ( even if a cliche Temp/Assassin alliance & we destroy all P.O.E & Juno )
That doesn't have to mean the End of the AC franchise or Templar & Assassin orders - or even Abstergo .
They can End the current modern story & still branch off another Assassin creed based game series - In any genre they choose.thanks to their 'ingame' Abstergo entertainment plotline.

I'm fully aware Ubisoft were looking for a long term cash machine from the start of the AC series - 5 games is a little bit late in the series for you to Now be bothered by this realisation.

(facepalm). I knew they were going for since they started annualized the series since Brotherhood. I knew that they were not going to stop after they feed off the success of ACiI. I've been noticing the drop of quality after each game and including ACIII which they claimed to have development for two years. The modern story started to turn sour after ACR and ACIII and based on these trends, you are telling me the game is going to be better? Even if it does become better, I am simply not excited, people are growing fatigue, the excitability, the cliff hanger endings no longer generate the excitement, and the more they try to add more games to make the game look "fresh" the worst it is. They need to simply rest, rethink, and work at the core of what made AC great in the first place. Instead, they become money-mongerers but look you could argue that it takes 2 years to develop and there are two teams working seperately on each one but I don't care. I'm sick of the lies and the trailers and demos don't mean anything. Unless their is something really convincing in ACIV, I will not buy it.

Sickull
04-15-2013, 10:01 PM
I'm more hyped for the next Metal Gear than this...

menumaxibestof
04-15-2013, 10:13 PM

People hated Desmond because was never properly developed in any of the games, not because they didn't understand his role in the story.
If Ubi wants to keep the the modern story, then it's okay but it must be developed with the same seriousness as the ancestor story. Don't put it just to say "Hey look, we have a complex story with two levels of narration !"

Megas_Doux
04-15-2013, 10:28 PM
"Meh.. Wating for new gameplay and info."

I really hope the greyish story from AC1 and AC3 returns... I would be PRETTY disappointed if the linear and cartoonish plotsfrom ACB makes a comeback, my least favorite AC in the series! As much as a try, I just cannot find how that many people here and outside love it even as their second favorite in the series......

Although I have to admit that La Habana has me hyped....

TRUKITTN
04-16-2013, 06:12 AM
Alas, with this silly Annual release business, I'm too concerned about technical flaws and that irksome 'rushed game' feeling that permeates the market now to be hyped. Also, I'm hesitant about the modern 4th wall breaking thing and I'm just not sure I'm gonna like Edward that much - at face value he reminds me way too much of AC2's Ezio. Skeptically hopeful is the best I can manage at this point. I do wish I could feel more positive about it though, so I picked the last option.

TheBearJew32
04-16-2013, 06:56 AM
im not that excited. there's more to look forward to- ps4, last of us, gta, im transferring colleges
-then what the monkey are you doing here?
guess i like reading what others around the world have to say about AC, other than that i have no idea, besides being a contributing factor to my procrastination in the act of doing hw dangit im doing it again

pacmanate
04-16-2013, 01:27 PM
E3 seems so far away now that I think about it. I wish we got something before :@. Unluckily, E3 is right in the middle of my Exam week. ASJOFIOA{SFPsna[gf

MasterAssasin84
04-16-2013, 03:59 PM
Me i am very hyped for this, i am very much looking forward to getting my hands on this , and truth be told i am more hyped with Black Flag than i was with AC3.

ACfan443
04-16-2013, 04:15 PM
Me i am very hyped for this, i am very much looking forward to getting my hands on this , and truth be told i am more hyped with Black Flag than i was with AC3.

Unless AC3 completely met your expectations, that's not a good thing..

Bastiaen
04-16-2013, 04:22 PM
People hated Desmond because was never properly developed in any of the games, not because they didn't understand his role in the story.
If Ubi wants to keep the the modern story, then it's okay but it must be developed with the same seriousness as the ancestor story. Don't put it just to say "Hey look, we have a complex story with two levels of narration !"

I agree, and I always wanted them to fully develop Desmond's story. It's really only my one complaint from AC3. I wish that they had put more effort into the modern story. The conversations and emails were great, but the missions were too few and too short.

jayjay275
04-16-2013, 04:26 PM
I agree, and I always wanted them to fully develop Desmond's story. It's really only my one complaint from AC3. I wish that they had put more effort into the modern story. The conversations and emails were great, but the missions were too few and too short.

I agree, but I think if they were going to kill Desmond off, which they did do. They could have made him die in a different way, instead of frying his brain out. Why couldn't Rebecca or William touch the pedestal exactly?

Dag_B
04-16-2013, 04:38 PM
I agree, but I think if they were going to kill Desmond off, which they did do. They could have made him die in a different way, instead of frying his brain out. Why couldn't Rebecca or William touch the pedestal exactly?
Wrong genes.

MasterAssasin84
04-16-2013, 04:42 PM
Unless AC3 completely met your expectations, that's not a good thing..

AC3 exceeded my expectations in all honesty because i was really struggling with the whole North American/Native American concept because i was quite aprehensive about the whole thing you know coming from the beautiful and deadly Renaisance era with Ezio Auditore but when i got my hands on it and started playing it was like woow !! i love this game Connor is amazing and he has really grown on me, i really love the Pirate era so Assassins Creed touching on this is like perfect for me .

CalgaryJay
04-16-2013, 04:45 PM
Meh...I will be in time, I'll admit the game itself has me excited, more than I thought I would be. But its too far away at the moment, plus the GTA V release is over a month before AC4, so the majority of my gaming hype at the moment is for that game. By mid-October it'll be a different story..

bayako
04-16-2013, 06:15 PM
can somebody tell me Name of the black *** gameplay Trailer song? i cant find the Music online...usually someone extracted it you can find the other Trailer Soundtracks from previous acs on YouTube too!

AvK KiNgKoBrA
04-16-2013, 06:24 PM
SP Focus: Gameplay footage an how the whole open sea pirate sailing idea will work

MP Focus: New modes an Characters

ToniTorsi
04-16-2013, 09:48 PM
Its looking promising. Like every Assassins Creed title.

But so did AC3, and it ended adding fatigue to the franchise and dissapointed in many ways.

I've bought every Assassin's Creed game on launch day.

This time, I'll be only renting AC4.

Times have changed, and the consumer is not stupid Ubisoft. Perhaps your hardcore fans, but not me.

Assassin_M
04-16-2013, 10:15 PM
Times have changed, and the consumer is not stupid Ubisoft. Perhaps your hardcore fans, but not me.
Did you just call the hardcore fans stupid ?

silvermercy
04-16-2013, 10:17 PM
Did you just call the hardcore fans stupid ?
He did.

lol

pacmanate
04-16-2013, 10:29 PM
I'm pretty sure he didn't mean it like that stop making something out of nothing.

Assassin_M
04-16-2013, 10:39 PM
I'm pretty sure he didn't mean it like that stop making something out of nothing.
Your business with this is ??

pacmanate
04-16-2013, 10:46 PM
Your business with this is ??

Well what's yours?

Assassin_M
04-16-2013, 10:48 PM
Well what's yours?
Uh huh.......obviously you`v got nothing better to do...

Carrying on...

pacmanate
04-16-2013, 10:48 PM
Uh huh.......obviously you`v got nothing better to do...

Carrying on...

What? That doesn't even make sense. All I said was I'm pretty sure he didn't mean it like that and you got all sarcy...

AllThatJuice
04-16-2013, 10:49 PM
OH we got ourselves a good ol fashioned forum showdown

pacmanate
04-16-2013, 10:49 PM

I didn't even do anything D:

AllThatJuice
04-16-2013, 10:50 PM
Come on guys, settle down, nobodys gotta get hurt

pacmanate
04-16-2013, 10:50 PM
Ohh we got our selves a good ol fashion forum showdown right ere

D:

SolidSage
04-16-2013, 11:01 PM
I'm hyped!

I love my annual AC releases. I know a lot of fans think it's too much but this is truly a golden age for gaming IMO. More and more franchises are trying to get on the annual release train but only CoD (yuk) and AC (yay) have really pulled it off.

And the great thing is that the games are different enough for it to not feel like a milk. It's different eras and game design. I appreciate it. And the other titles in the franchise are still new enough and solid enough for us to keep playing them if we don't fully approve of a successor title.
I read one member say something about AC needing to take 5 years off. Woah dude, how about you just don't play it for 5 years so you can recharge your batteries and the rest of us get to keep on consuming the excellent content at a pace that works for us?
No offense.

AC3 was very good. I liked it immensely at release. Had a little bit of reflection later where I was disappointed with a lot of the glitchyness and then I just got back into the SP a lot and I am amazed by the improvements again.
It's difficult to be a fair witness when we can become prone to burn out due to the high pace release cycle, and there are other versions of the game that are so excellent. But taking another, deeply immersed look has given me some clarity and appreciation for some of the high quality advancements AC3 DID bring to the franchise.

I think Black Flag sounds and looks like a great spin on the concept and can't wait to play it. I really hope it does manage to cherry pick the best components of each title to this point.

What other series has put out such high quality entries on a yearly basis with a continually changing cast of GREAT characters? Well done Ubisoft.
And keep em coming.

Assassin_M
04-16-2013, 11:03 PM
Showdown ? with him ? lol

that gave me a good laugh, anyways....

AllThatJuice
04-16-2013, 11:32 PM
I'm hyped!

I love my annual AC releases. I know a lot of fans think it's too much but this is truly a golden age for gaming IMO. More and more franchises are trying to get on the annual release train but only CoD (yuk) and AC (yay) have really pulled it off.

And the great thing is that the games are different enough for it to not feel like a milk. It's different eras and game design. I appreciate it. And the other titles in the franchise are still new enough and solid enough for us to keep playing them if we don't fully approve of a successor title.
I read one member say something about AC needing to take 5 years off. Woah dude, how about you just don't play it for 5 years so you can recharge your batteries and the rest of us get to keep on consuming the excellent content at a pace that works for us?
No offense.

AC3 was very good. I liked it immensely at release. Had a little bit of reflection later where I was disappointed with a lot of the glitchyness and then I just got back into the SP a lot and I am amazed by the improvements again.
It's difficult to be a fair witness when we can become prone to burn out due to the high pace release cycle, and there are other versions of the game that are so excellent. But taking another, deeply immersed look has given me some clarity and appreciation for some of the high quality advancements AC3 DID bring to the franchise.

I think Black Flag sounds and looks like a great spin on the concept and can't wait to play it. I really hope it does manage to cherry pick the best components of each title to this point.

What other series has put out such high quality entries on a yearly basis with a continually changing cast of GREAT characters? Well done Ubisoft.
And keep em coming.

Agreed agreed agreed.

CalgaryJay
04-17-2013, 06:26 AM
Its looking promising. Like every Assassins Creed title.

But so did AC3, and it ended adding fatigue to the franchise and dissapointed in many ways.

I've bought every Assassin's Creed game on launch day.

This time, I'll be only renting AC4.

Is that why you have the extremely hyped up AC4 sig?

AvK KiNgKoBrA
04-17-2013, 06:25 PM
What? That doesn't even make sense. All I said was I'm pretty sure he didn't mean it like that and you got all sarcy...

Hahaha he called u 'sarcy' thats a word ii havent seen in like ever:p

AssassinGame1
04-17-2013, 11:19 PM
Im going to decide weather to get it or not when I see some gameplay so I went with the 2nd choice.

bolz87
04-17-2013, 11:52 PM
Not hyped at ALL. Hyped for what? I can't even start AC3 SP for the bad optimization!!!!!

WarriorAegis
04-18-2013, 01:18 AM
Not excited. It's one year after AC3. That's not a good sign, IMO.

pirate1802
04-18-2013, 06:18 AM
Not hyped at ALL. Hyped for what? I can't even start AC3 SP for the bad optimization!!!!!

You must be one of my PC brethren. I know that feel bro. AC3 takes the crown for being the worst optimized game on PC ever, dethroning GTA 4, IMO.

Assassin_M
04-18-2013, 06:28 AM
You must be one of my PC brethren. I know that feel bro. AC3 takes the crown for being the worst optimized game on PC ever, dethroning GTA 4, IMO.
It`s worse than GTA IV ?? :|

Oh my

poptartz20
04-18-2013, 08:40 AM
For some odd reason... I have this odd feeling that AC IV will outshine AC3.

Ahh... poor AC3. I hate that it got such mixed reviews. So much potential in a game with great characters, was sadly eclipsed by it's predecessors, linear missions, and gameplay. :(

montagemik
04-18-2013, 08:54 AM
For some odd reason... I have this odd feeling that AC IV will outshine AC3.

Ahh... poor AC3. I hate that it got such mixed reviews. So much potential in a game with great characters, was sadly eclipsed by it's predecessors, linear missions, and gameplay. :(

Too much Dev focus on what they could create & not enough focus on what could actually work within the platform limitations.
Results in many features being cut or severley watered down by the time launch day arrived........ just comes across as over ambitious or rushed in the final product .

If AC4 ( Next gen especially) has similar amount of bugs / glitches - The reviews will be far less forgiving than with AC3.

ProletariatPleb
04-18-2013, 09:04 AM
It`s worse than GTA IV ?? :|

Oh my
Yes a lot worse.

Too much Dev focus on what they could create & not enough focus on what could actually work within the platform limitations.
Results in many features being cut or severley watered down by the time launch day arrived........ just comes across as over ambitious or rushed in the final product .

If AC4 ( Next gen especially) has similar amount of bugs / glitches - The reviews will be far less forgiving than with AC3.
I doubt AC4 will have that many bugs and stuff, it's not being overly ambitious everything they've stated seems easily possible IMO. Plus they are developing it on the PC and then porting down, saves time and money.

poptartz20
04-18-2013, 09:08 AM

I agree! With the time they have had I don't think AC3 was rushed. They just got overly ambitious. It left to many things open like the underground Boston thing... or the crafting system. Only if they would have given it one more year or even 6 more mos. With more thought and less carelessness they really would have had the best AC by most standards. ( It was my favorite anyways)

AC4 has really got to bring it to bring the franchise back on track. --not that I personally like where it's going but more or less as a redemption game. #RIPAC3

Legendz54
04-18-2013, 09:41 AM
AC4 looks like an awesome "Revelations" version of AC3 since the animations look the same, I hope Darby can do a good story since he did a good job with giving Ezio closure and an ending in Revelations and embers.

Atleast we didn't have to share a million things to unlock the gameplay trailer this time, I Think they might suprise us with black flag.

d4st4n96
04-18-2013, 10:31 AM
The only Ac games I was hyped so MUCH were Ac B/R and Ac III (and yeah, ac3 was .... *you know*)
I'm waiting to see more gameplay and info...
Ac IV will be a good game (I know that for sure)

pirate1802
04-18-2013, 01:19 PM
AC4 has really got to bring it to bring the franchise back on track. --not that I personally like where it's going but more or less as a redemption game. #RIPAC3

#TrueStory