PDA

View Full Version : Joining Friends Is Now Completely Impossible

KazuoMitarashi
04-15-2013, 02:54 AM
Before, when I tried to join a friend's invite, the game would freeze, then put me in their group but we'd both be invisible to eachother. The host could still launch and we could still play together. Now, any invite from any friend temporarily freezes the game like before, but now it kicks me into limited mode every single time. I've tried joining several different friends and got was given the "Ubisoft Services are unavailable" every time.

This pretty much eliminates me playing any team modes because we all know it's impossible to win with randoms against a prestige clan which is all that the game ever matches up anymore. I've been stuck playing Deathmatch and Wanted because friends/team isn't needed.

I know for a fact it's not my connection. My NAT is green, my Upload is good, my router and modem are all good. Every other game I play works perfectly fine.

Can anyone explain why Ubisoft won't let me play with friends anymore?

Black_Widow9
04-15-2013, 07:27 AM
Hello,
It may actually be your friends that are causing the issue and not you if your settings are correct. Please check here for details about groups:
https://support.ubi.com/en-US/FAQ.aspx?platformid=38&brandid=22&brandname=Assassin%27s+Creed&faqid=kA030000000eTJiCAM

If you continue to have this issue please contact Support directly.

Thanks ;)

KazuoMitarashi
04-15-2013, 03:49 PM
How would every single one of my friends suddenly be messed up one day and every day after that? That doesn't make any sense.

Minimalist_Evan
04-15-2013, 10:33 PM
I have been having the exact same problem as has a friend of mine. We cannot join any games without freezing and being thrown into limited mode. We can't make groups. It makes clan play impossible. How can it be 2 people can have the exact same issue, starting on the exact same day with 2 different clusters of friends.

Minimalist_Evan
04-15-2013, 11:39 PM
And now a second friend has popped up with this trouble

MRsmith1994
04-16-2013, 12:09 AM
had this prob since day one welcome to the corps soldier

bball1277
04-16-2013, 05:28 AM
I've had this issue for about a week now. I've talked to Ubisoft several times now. Today all they told me was the PS Network was undergoing maintenance and kept insisting that was the issue. I tried one of their solutions of configuring ports on my router, but that did not help at all. Pretty much all I like to do is play with my friends or clan, and that has become pretty much impossible now.

alexbentley
04-16-2013, 07:46 AM
I also had this problem for quite some time... but for whatever reason it works now.
It seems pretty random whether you suffer from this bug and I think because of this it's quite hard to identify. One thing I do know is that it has nothing to do with player connection.

KazuoMitarashi
04-16-2013, 10:12 AM
It seems pretty random whether you suffer from this bug and I think because of this it's quite hard to identify.

This is definitely what makes it so confusing. Some people claim they haven't been able to play with friends since the game came out. I claim it started shortly after the Minor Hack patch. It also got progressively worse for me. Before, after the temporary game freeze, I could join their group, but we'd be invisible to each other. Now I just get booted from multiplayer all together.

MRsmith1994
04-16-2013, 04:01 PM
i hope that they fix it in AC4 cuz i couldnt play with my friends since day 1 ._.

alexbentley
04-16-2013, 07:44 PM
This is definitely what makes it so confusing. Some people claim they haven't been able to play with friends since the game came out. I claim it started shortly after the Minor Hack patch. It also got progressively worse for me. Before, after the temporary game freeze, I could join their group, but we'd be invisible to each other. Now I just get booted from multiplayer all together.

Mine started around the start of 2013 and ended several weeks ago. I don't know whether it's got anything to do with patches, rather it's internal and server based.

SinisterBanter
04-21-2013, 02:14 AM
Hi ^^
I'm new to the forum, but I have a question...
I love to play Assassinate with my friend, but as of late, whenever I try to create a group to invite her or she tries to invite me...I freeze. D:
We can get around it by just simply joining the other's game when there is room...but we like to play Artifact Assault too, and it can be quite tedious to play until we finally get onto the same team, only to be split the very next game.
So my question is- Is there any way to fix this?

KazuoMitarashi
04-21-2013, 03:15 AM
If you create the group. The PS3 will freeze for about a minute, then unfreeze and resume normally. After you have sent the invite to your friend, the moment they join, your PS3 will temporarily freeze again. Once it has unfrozen the second time, they are in your group. Here's the catch, you are both invisible to each other, meaning you actually can't see that they are in your group. On their screen, they can't see you but they also can't launch the group (because you're the group leader). Once you launch, you'll be playing normally.

If you try to accept an invite, your PS3 will freeze and once it has unfrozen, you will be kicked into Limited Mode with the message "Ubisoft Services are unavailable."

Trust me, I know all about this glitch. It's been around since the game's release but has been slowly spreading ever since, I became affected by it a few weeks ago. Ubisoft consistently refuses to accept its a glitch in their game and instead insists it's a problem with the player's connection when it clearly isn't. Thus, they've yet to fix it and probably never won't. Follow my steps above though and with patience you'll be able to play with friends.

SinisterBanter
04-21-2013, 03:25 AM
What about if we have a full team?nWill I have to wait about five minutes to get a group of four?

KazuoMitarashi
04-21-2013, 03:30 AM
Let's say you want to invite 3 others for a full group of 4. Your game will freeze for each friend that joins. (It helps if you have everyone in a text chat group so they can quickly let you know they are in your group and waiting since you can't see them.) Once you know every you wanted to play with has joined your invisible group, you can launch. The game will resume as normal, looking for a game to join or looking for other players to fill the remaining spots to start a game.

I hope this answers your questions.

SinisterBanter
04-21-2013, 03:57 AM
Thank you !^^

KazuoMitarashi
04-21-2013, 04:03 AM
Regardless of how to work around it, this doesn't dismiss that it's a seriously annoying glitch that Ubisoft needs to fix lol.

SinisterBanter
04-21-2013, 04:30 AM
I agree, I love this game but some of these glitches are game breaking /:

MRsmith1994
04-21-2013, 05:13 AM
If you create the group. The PS3 will freeze for about a minute, then unfreeze and resume normally. After you have sent the invite to your friend, the moment they join, your PS3 will temporarily freeze again. Once it has unfrozen the second time, they are in your group. Here's the catch, you are both invisible to each other, meaning you actually can't see that they are in your group. On their screen, they can't see you but they also can't launch the group (because you're the group leader). Once you launch, you'll be playing normally.

If you try to accept an invite, your PS3 will freeze and once it has unfrozen, you will be kicked into Limited Mode with the message "Ubisoft Services are unavailable."

Trust me, I know all about this glitch. It's been around since the game's release but has been slowly spreading ever since, I became affected by it a few weeks ago. Ubisoft consistently refuses to accept its a glitch in their game and instead insists it's a problem with the player's connection when it clearly isn't. Thus, they've yet to fix it and probably never won't. Follow my steps above though and with patience you'll be able to play with friends.

THIS
had this prob since day 1 lolz

LeoStarVII
04-30-2013, 08:27 PM
I've been having this problem a month ago. Support ticket was no help. Forum was no help. It's frustrating cause the only reason I play this crappy game is so that i can play with my clanmates and friends.

FoxxyCarmelita
06-05-2013, 06:57 AM
Hi, I haven't posted in a while, but I feel this needs to be patched or fixed in some way or another, because it's ridiculous. I posted this issue to Noctalya and Tim Browne on Twitter but nothing has been done about it. Some of you may know what I'm talking about, but for those that don't I will describe why it's annoying and post a video link of what happens during this entire BS process. Skip this next part if you know what I'm talking about.

When trying to group with friends, it is mandatory I invite them, because if they try to invite me, my system will freeze and I will have to restart. When I hit "Create Group" it acts as normal, but then freezes for about 15 seconds, and then unfreezes. At this point, I am allowed to hit "Available Slot" or whatever it says and select a person who I wish to play with from my friends list. Then, when they accept my invite, I freeze, once again, for about 15-45 seconds, and repeat the process if I wish to invite another player. Once I have invited a player into my lobby, I cannot see them, so it appears that they never joined, but in reality, they're there, but they cannot see me and do not have an option to launch or do anything. I have to invite each member of the team one at a time, because if they happen to join at the same time, I will no longer have the option to launch the game when I finally unfreeze, meaning I have to do this entire process all over again.

Also, I cannot seem to invite more than two others into my lobby, if I invite a third (meaning we would have a full team) the game just WILL NOT put us in a lobby.

And worse still, if one of the members of the team loses connection or freeze when we finally get into a lobby, the game will ungroup us, and by that I mean it won't have the little symbols to the left of our PSN names, and the next game we won't be on the same team anymore, and then I have to go through the entire thing again.

I have tried this on three different PS3s, and this does not occur on my Xbox, so it isn't my system or my connection. It's in the game. I have also tried making anther PSN account to see if the problem was on PSN's end, and, on the alternate account, it did the same thing. So it has to be the game's fault, seeing as this is the only AC game I have ever had invite issues with. Or any game for that matter.

i have seen other posts on the forum about this, so I know I'm not the only one with this issue, so, don't blame it on us Ubi.

If ANYONE knows how to fix this, I would be ELATED. It's annoying, and I have been dealing with it for about three months now, and I've had enough.

I've also posted this to Ubisoft Support, but I hear they're not very great with results, so I'm hoping some genius has figured it out.

link: www.youtube.com/watch?v=It0Cz4_gnPY

RudeOnion
06-05-2013, 08:16 AM
I really, really hope someone can help! I can't even imagine how frustrating that has to be to deal with ALL THE TIME.

Tarjas Templar
06-05-2013, 02:11 PM
never experienced this on the xbox...but we have experienced the not seeing eachother in lobbies..when the game starts..

sometimes the game keeps us in a group..but puts us in 2 completely different games..

and i like how if we search one game mode it puts us in another without asking us..should atleast be asked...just a few things lol

bball1277
06-05-2013, 06:31 PM
I've been having the same problem for awhile now. I've called Ubisoft a bunch of times, and the best advice they could give me was to keep calling and reporting the problem, then they might be more likely to address the problem...That's pretty pathetic for a business of that scale. I love the AC games. They have a great concept, but the execution of these games is so horrible I will probably stop playing/buying them. it is no fun being able to play with my friends when my favorite game modes are AA and Dom.

luckyto
06-05-2013, 06:34 PM
While I haven't experienced exactly the same thing that you have, I have made a few changes that slightly improved (not perfected) my lobby matchmaking.

I experienced many many problems with Group Invites on PSN. For the first month or so after release, I would appear in a lobby as a "Grey Status" (my name would be greyed out and no connection information about signal strength.) I would often be invited to lobbies and be invisible or have others be invisible to me; and when multiple people joined - it would often boot someone or all of us. Most of my clanmates on PSN have experienced issues, and those on XBox never report having such issues; but my experience is by far the worst.

I believe that a big part of the problem is AC3's reliance on UPnP protocols through PSN. The developers confirmed in an interview in December that they used UPnP in this release. As I examined my connection tests on my PS3, my UPnP never passed. My ISP just doesn't support the protocol or have those network ports open. Many ISPs will likely have similar controls. My theory is the game - in it's infinite stupidity - still tries to use UPnP and "freaks out" when communications through that protocol fail.

Step 1) Do a connection test on your PS3 under Network Settings. If your UPnP test fails, then you will need to set up a new MANUAL CONNECTION and turn UPnP off when you get to that step. When you have UPnP turned off, AC3 does successfully register that UPnP is not available and doesn't try to use that protocol.

Step 2) Regardless of UPnP, you can put your PS3 into a DMZ with your router. DMZ is "demilitarized zone" and basically means that your router trusts everything the PS3 throws at it. Setting up a DMZ will improve all your games. It usually involves changing the config file on the router. I won't go into the exact steps - as they may vary from router to router --- but a good Google search will tell you how. Once you understand how to set it up on your router, you will set up a MANUAL CONNECTION on your PS3 under Network Settings and follow the steps (mainly entering IPs manually). https://www.google.com/search?site=&source=hp&q=setting+up+dmz+on+ps3&oq=setting+up+DMZ&gs_l=hp.1.1.0l10.1103.4712.0.7477.16.12.1.3.3.0.16 8.1208.9j3.12.0...0.0.0..1c.1.15.hp.o4yfwZBYwcw

Like I said, it's not full-proof fix. But it went from unbearable (super suck) to frustrating (suck); and it corrected my grey status and reduced the problems I had. If you come across any other tips, I would love to hear them. Please share.

Dinger_46
06-05-2013, 06:40 PM
Join the club. Only reason I am not on AC3 anymore. It worked fine for so long then all of a sudden sometime in February I think. BAM nothing can't do jack shnit. I say something about the Upnp or whatever but that just seems like too much work to be able to play with friends when I have been doing it since release. If I had just bought the game and found this out then I would give a little and set stuff up. However since it worked then didn't work. that just isn't fair.

luckyto
06-05-2013, 06:48 PM
Join the club. Only reason I am not on AC3 anymore. It worked fine for so long then all of a sudden sometime in February I think. BAM nothing can't do jack shnit. I say something about the Upnp or whatever but that just seems like too much work to be able to play with friends when I have been doing it since release. If I had just bought the game and found this out then I would give a little and set stuff up. However since it worked then didn't work. that just isn't fair.

I feel your pain. My problems were from Day One. TBH, I've played less and less the last few months. But that change did help at the time.

Nejjy
06-05-2013, 06:57 PM
I'm so tired of this issue, considering Foxxy and I play together everyday, not being able to play with other people/ a whole team just puts a damper on the game (especially with all the cheaters and exploiters - lets be honest, with ubi's track record there will be something new to exploit very soon.)

FoxxyCarmelita
06-05-2013, 07:49 PM
While I haven't experienced exactly the same thing that you have, I have made a few changes that slightly improved (not perfected) my lobby matchmaking.

I experienced many many problems with Group Invites on PSN. For the first month or so after release, I would appear in a lobby as a "Grey Status" (my name would be greyed out and no connection information about signal strength.) I would often be invited to lobbies and be invisible or have others be invisible to me; and when multiple people joined - it would often boot someone or all of us. Most of my clanmates on PSN have experienced issues, and those on XBox never report having such issues; but my experience is by far the worst.

I believe that a big part of the problem is AC3's reliance on UPnP protocols through PSN. The developers confirmed in an interview in December that they used UPnP in this release. As I examined my connection tests on my PS3, my UPnP never passed. My ISP just doesn't support the protocol or have those network ports open. Many ISPs will likely have similar controls. My theory is the game - in it's infinite stupidity - still tries to use UPnP and "freaks out" when communications through that protocol fail.

Step 1) Do a connection test on your PS3 under Network Settings. If your UPnP test fails, then you will need to set up a new MANUAL CONNECTION and turn UPnP off when you get to that step. When you have UPnP turned off, AC3 does successfully register that UPnP is not available and doesn't try to use that protocol.

Step 2) Regardless of UPnP, you can put your PS3 into a DMZ with your router. DMZ is "demilitarized zone" and basically means that your router trusts everything the PS3 throws at it. Setting up a DMZ will improve all your games. It usually involves changing the config file on the router. I won't go into the exact steps - as they may vary from router to router --- but a good Google search will tell you how. Once you understand how to set it up on your router, you will set up a MANUAL CONNECTION on your PS3 under Network Settings and follow the steps (mainly entering IPs manually). https://www.google.com/search?site=&source=hp&q=setting+up+dmz+on+ps3&oq=setting+up+DMZ&gs_l=hp.1.1.0l10.1103.4712.0.7477.16.12.1.3.3.0.16 8.1208.9j3.12.0...0.0.0..1c.1.15.hp.o4yfwZBYwcw

Like I said, it's not full-proof fix. But it went from unbearable (super suck) to frustrating (suck); and it corrected my grey status and reduced the problems I had. If you come across any other tips, I would love to hear them. Please share.

I'll try this. And if this doesn't work, I'll try uninstalling the game from the pa3s HDD and see if that corrects the problem.

FoxxyCarmelita
06-05-2013, 07:50 PM
I'm so tired of this issue, considering Foxxy and I play together everyday, not being able to play with other people/ a whole team just puts a damper on the game (especially with all the cheaters and exploiters - lets be honest, with ubi's track record there will be something new to exploit very soon.)

You and me both bro, you and me both.

FoxxyCarmelita
06-05-2013, 07:52 PM
I'm about ready to ring their phones off the hook and spam Noctalya and Tim Browne until they actually do something. It's pathetic that this is their third multiplayer for this series and they can't even get the invitation system to work properly. If this isn't fixed soon I'm going back to Brotherhood and staying there. #ACBMasterRace

Dinger_46
06-05-2013, 08:06 PM
I'm about ready to ring their phones off the hook and spam Noctalya and Tim Browne until they actually do something. It's pathetic that this is their third multiplayer for this series and they can't even get the invitation system to work properly. If this isn't fixed soon I'm going back to Brotherhood and staying there. #ACBMasterRace

Me and a bunch of others have already made the switch. It takes some getting used to and you start to miss the third slot pretty quick. Been playing a lot of Revelations as well. Tehre are people there. Not many but they are still there

wangtieyi
06-07-2013, 01:20 PM
Poor server, and it's especially bad in China for its sucking Internet.

FoxxyCarmelita
06-08-2013, 10:39 PM
Yet they keep blaming it on us and insisting it's our connection. It can't be my connection if I've tried from three different connections and three different ps3s. I've contacted ubisoft support and they're still trying to tell me it's my connection. Uh, no.
Ac3 is the only game that does this, ACR and ACB still function like they're supposed to. (Oh my god, ACR working? Unheard of.)
Other games from different companies also do not do this.
So, with all this, this leads me to believe it can't be my fault this game decided it wasn't going to let me play with my friends anymore. And team modes are all I play. Have been since I started playing this multiplayer.
Support told me they would take my problems to the developers since my problems hadn't been fixed, but I seriously doubt this.

lBamitsMichael
06-09-2013, 10:28 AM
PC had the champion pack issue, hackers and boosters.
PS3 has game breaking bugs that haven't been fixed, they also couldn't go on ac3 multiplayer for weeks and also have minor hack glitch, limited mode and a bunch of other things listed above in this thread.
Xbox 360 had everyone using the minor hack glitch, they still do because it hasn't been removed, matchmaking (searching for a game with group or alone) freezes your Xbox alot so you have to turn it off and on.

Solution (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L_S06_6JlF4)?