PDA

View Full Version : Far Cry 3 Uplay/Steam Compatiblity Issue

Ho4rder
04-15-2013, 02:15 AM
I'm couldn't find this problem on the Ubisoft forums so I am posting it here. I have recently purchased Far Cry 3 from Steam. First time I played it, it loaded up, had to install Uplay, but didn't think too much of it. My first session I played around with various settings, but had to leave before actually playing the game. My second session I played for a few hours and even earned an achievement. However, on the third time I attempted to play this game it would only pop up the Far Cry 3 logo image, not even the game, and stop working. I tried a few things within Uplay, and it asked for a CD key, I input the key I paid money for, the Steam key, and it said the key was invalid, I tried some differences with inputting it, caps, no caps, dashes in between, no dashes, and then Uplay logged me out with a message informing me my account was banned temporarily. I know people have had issues before like this, but this is particularly frustrating as I logged in the exact same way and managed to play this game, so in essence this service betrays itself, as you can use it to prove I have played the game, both hours logged and the achievement. I reccomend that Ubisoft themselves come up with an update for Uplay that allows you to either link Steam and Uplay accounts, at least for the purpose of playing a game, or remove the Uplay requirement from Steam games entirely. What is really awful is this is, at a basic level, anti-piracy problems, problems that only inspire piracy and actually steal from paying customers. I apologize if this sounds harsh, but it is disappointing. I expect a response and a fix in the near future.

EvilPixieGrrr
04-15-2013, 09:55 PM
Welcome to the forum, and I'm sorry you're having a problem playing the game.

I recommend you contact Ubisoft Support (https://support.ubi.com/en-US/) about this, they should be able to help you out.