PDA

View Full Version : Crashes in Far Cry #

Felix-43
04-15-2013, 12:20 AM
I am 70 years old and have played a lot of games....FC3 under uplay/ubisoft is the worst....constant crashes....point a shotgun and pull the trigger and you are in some system update totally outside of the game....don't know how many years I have left, but will be a long time before I waste what is left of my life with this crap....FC3 seems great, but I get tired of making 3 steps forward and two steps back....Why cant I buy a game, install it and play it without having a shell that offers me all kinds of crap I don't want and blows up all the time? I have been linked in to steam for several years and they help, but don't offer crap and stay out of the way.. Ubisoft....you are headed down the toilet with this approach.

EvilPixieGrrr
04-15-2013, 09:58 PM
Hi, and thanks for coming here with your feedback on the game.

I will be sure and include this in the feedback report I send to the team tomorrow.

Butcherbird59
04-16-2013, 10:19 PM
Yes, FC3 is unstable for too many out there (including me) and the spamming Uplay window is certainly no invitation to buy more Ubisoft hangers :)

BWX232
04-17-2013, 04:49 PM
I am 70 years old and have played a lot of games....FC3 under uplay/ubisoft is the worst....constant crashes....point a shotgun and pull the trigger and you are in some system update totally outside of the game....don't know how many years I have left, but will be a long time before I waste what is left of my life with this crap....FC3 seems great, but I get tired of making 3 steps forward and two steps back....Why cant I buy a game, install it and play it without having a shell that offers me all kinds of crap I don't want and blows up all the time? I have been linked in to steam for several years and they help, but don't offer crap and stay out of the way.. Ubisoft....you are headed down the toilet with this approach.

Have you tried any of these fixes?
http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/739489-PC-Win7-8-vista-Solutions-gt-Far-Cry3-Has-Stopped-Responding

Have you tried contacting Support?
https://support.ubi.com/en-US/

What is your system specs?

It is probably worth trying to get Far Cry 3 running stable, it is a great game. I'm 40, but plan on gaming still if I make it to 70, imagine the gfx on PC games in 30 years? FC3 is one of the best single player first person shooter games I have ever played. It's not perfect, but there is a lot to do and it is mostly fun working your way through the game. It runs completely stable for me, so don't give up on it just yet.