PDA

View Full Version : Tyrrany of King Washington Thoughts

ACRules2
04-13-2013, 02:57 AM
I have the two episodes released so far (Infamy and Betrayal) and I have enjoyed them so far.
The story seems a bit lacklustre, and you are launched straight into the thick of things without much explanation what happened before King Washington was corrupted by the Apple's power. If they had given a bit more time for the story to develop, it would have been better.
The Episodes, I think, are a bit short. A few Missions per sequence, and a few side missions I just think doesn't cut the... um... butter.
The Powers, I think, are incredibly powerful. The ability to fly, summon packs of wolves and turn invisible at will is a bit... shall we say, overpowered. It doesn't feel like a true Assassins Creed. The ability to turn invisible honestly doesn't seem too balanced. Too many enemies? Turn invisible. Bit of a tight spot? Turn invisible. The fact that you lose health slowly doesn't iron out the crease that you can simply vanish into thin air.
The flight powers are slightly more balanced as you have to exit combat and leave yourself open to be able to fly away.
Through all of these gripes, however, TOKW is fun when you throw off the fact that it is Assassins Creed. When you imagine it as a standalone, small game, it becomes better.
In the end, these two episodes I will give a combined score of
7/10.
Give your thoughts and opinions below!

AdamPearce
04-13-2013, 03:09 AM
They definitely don't value their 10$, way too shot, 1:20 hour to finish if you only do the story, that's ridiculous.

The only thing I enjoyed is the liberty the devs took for the boss. They FINALLY got it, use the PoE to give power to boss, GREAT IDEA. And the powers are nice too, I would really like have it in AC3, and the Animus looks nice too.

Otherwise, well, I need to see the final chapter to speak about the story.

Assassin_M
04-13-2013, 03:54 AM
I`m one of those who does not give a crap about the relation between longevity and price, for me, the only thing I tie to price is enjoyment and rate of fun, be it 60 hours or an hour and half, If I had fun and found it well designed, then my money went well spent, that said, ToKW is EXTREMELY enjoyable and so much better designed than the main game. that final assassination mission in the infamy IS VERY underrated, it was one of the best missions I`v played in this series.

another moment from the Infamy that was AWESOME from a story telling perspective is the battle at Connor`s village. the combination of brilliant soundtrack, glorious weather and atmosphere made this my all time favorite moment in the series. The story is not explained, because it was designed that way, you`re not supposed to get an explanation, you`re confused and lost, an explanation comes at the end or along the way, which is what the game is doing so that finally you`ll go "oh, so thaaaaaat`s what happened"

The Betrayal disappointed me A BIT and it enjoyed it less than the infamy, because of main game problems such as the psychic AI and unpolished elements and glitches, but the story remained VERY solid and I LOVED Franklin and Connor`s interactions xD

So yeah, so far, ToKW gets a resounding 7.5 out of 10 for me and that`s not bad at all for 1-2 hours

ACRules2
04-13-2013, 07:23 AM
What do you think the next animal power will be (if we get one).
I think it could be the power of the Bear, and you could summon a gigantic bear form around Connor as a shield or something. Or morph into a bear and attack your enemies with ferocity.

lasha7716
04-13-2013, 10:00 AM
What do you think the next animal power will be (if we get one).
I think it could be the power of the Bear, and you could summon a gigantic bear form around Connor as a shield or something. Or morph into a bear and attack your enemies with ferocity.

they announced that third power will be bear even before release of 1st episode :D and you won't be able to summon bear it will be like power attack which kills or stuns many opponents at same time

SixKeys
04-13-2013, 12:38 PM
Episode 1 was surprisingly enjoyable. I absolutely love Wolf Cloak and wish there was a way to use it in the main game. It had some nice stealth missions that were better designed and more enjoyable than in the main game.

Episode 2 I thought was terrible. It reminded me starkly of all the things that were wrong with the main game. I struggled to even finish it, short as it was, because I simply wasn't having fun. I don't see myself playing through it again any time soon, if at all.

UrDeviant1
04-13-2013, 12:47 PM
Episode 1 - Surprised by how much I liked the wolf power. Atmosphere of the frontiers was eerie. Music was Incredible. The fight scene at the village was incredible. Willow tree looked awesome. 8/10

Episode 2- Wasted potential with the eagle power, didn't like it. Psychic AI ruined the experience for me. Story was good but gameplay SUCKED. If gameplay mechanics suck then I get butthurt. Various bugs/glitches. 6/10

montagemik
04-13-2013, 01:21 PM
I Get that it's supposed to be an alternate reality - But the Frontier & Boston so far ..........Look & feel more like BETA early test sample sections for these locations .
It just seems half finished & lacking overall .
Eagle power = wasted potential ............ Hoped we could select locations on the map - Then fast travel 'AS' the eagle flying through the frontier at high speed ........ But nope - short teleports only.

For me quality of content is just as important as quantity ....................TOKW is lacking in both for £24 .

PT 1 = 6 / 10
PT 2 = 4 / 10

silvermercy
04-13-2013, 02:26 PM
Episode 1: 9. Maybe even 10.
Episode 2: around 6-7. I actually used the wolf cloak more than the eagle.

AherasSTRG
04-13-2013, 04:25 PM
Episode 1: I loved the wolf cloak ability and I really enjoyed using it while opening all the chests around the frontier. The assassination in the last mission was great, maybe the best assassination in the entire game yet (main game and DLC alike). The intro mission was amazing, but 6 missions only made me want more. I would give The Infamy a 7/10 for the sole reason that I still had FPS issues when in Concord or Lexington.

Episode 2: Unlike what most people are saying, I enjoyed The Betrayal even more than The Infamy. I liked the eagle power and I belive it was great to traverse the city of Boston using. What I mostly liked in the second episode was that we finally did some stealth in this game. Using the wolf cloak and the eagle power, I greatly enjoyed all the missions of the second part. The only let down was the last mission, in which I expected to actually infiltrate a prison or something to kill Putnam. The FPS issues here were not as many as in the Infamy, The Devs were clever enough to situate the story missions and most of the action in low lagging places of Boston. I would put an 8/10 in The Betrayal, again for FPS issues.

MasterAssasin84
04-13-2013, 04:26 PM
I really enjoyed it personaly other than the annoying glitch in the infamy were you cant leave bait, run, select weapon or do anything if that.....:rolleyes:

WarriorAegis
04-13-2013, 08:28 PM
I'm still in Episode 1, but I got Wolf Cloak. That ability is SO awesome! :D I'm liking the DLC so far.

lothario-da-be
04-13-2013, 08:34 PM
I think its priced way too high, but it looks fun.

FirestarLuva
04-13-2013, 11:25 PM
I personally loved both episodes. The highlight of The Infamy for me was the battle at Connor's village. Easily my favorite moment in the series. The Betrayal was awesome as well, but I liked The Infamy a BIT more. :p
Just to add, when Ratonhnhake:ton gets the bear power he will have blue eyes which will be the only change he will get for receiving the third power, just like he got war paint and tattoos upon receiving the other two. The reason Kahionhaténion had blue eyes was because he had the bear power, while Teiowí:sonte had the power of the eagle. Anyone wondered how he managed to get to the Willow Tree before Ratonhnhake:ton?

ACfan443
04-13-2013, 11:33 PM
For me, in a nutshell: Infamy was good, Betrayal not so much.

One laughably absurd moment in the Betrayal was the series of QTEs which popped up when firing an arrow at Franklin, that was laziness at its finest.

TheSpong
04-14-2013, 05:09 AM
This DLC has been miserable for me so far, really uninspiring. Along with the Battle Hardened pack that I've not even downloaded, in the wake of The Tyranny's first two parts I'm really angry about wasting my money buying the Season Pass. I put the pad down halfway through The Betrayal and stopped playing for a week or two because it got really tedious. I was hugely disappointed to see recycled side-quests that, just like The Infamy, were over & done with in a matter of a few minutes. It's clear the eagle flight thing was last ditch attempt to make the rooftops in AC3 actually serve a purpose (because they don't in the main game), but it was so badly executed, it felt like it'd been cobbled together in an afternoon. The missions themselves left me cold, I had more fun hoovering up all the chests, just like The Infamy.

If I'm honest, on the whole I'm really tired of Assassin's Creed now.

poptartz20
04-14-2013, 08:37 AM
Ahh... It looks like you can never make people happy when it comes to an AC game. People either talk about story, gameplay, price, or mechanics. Let's get over it all already. :/

Personally I thoroughly enjoyed the Infamy! The wolf powers, really kept things interesting! Along with the amazing soundtrack that I had playing in the background! I wish that was incorporated into the main game its self. I think they improved on the game play as well from the main game. Enemies were more aggressive and the over all feel was just better. I believe I only ran into 1 glitch and I got at least a solid 2.75 hours of gameplay out of it.

As for the Betrayal I haven't finished it yet but this one, even though I'm still enjoying it, it's just not catching me like the first one did. So there is a bit of a lackluster right now so maybe it will get better? The Eagle power I"m not sure if I'm just using it incorrectly but it just doesn't work that great. I believe I'm about halfway through with it.

Overall it's sitting at about 7.89/10 I swear if Haytham comes back in episode 3. Instant 10. Haha. No but really that will boost some points!

montagemik
04-14-2013, 03:30 PM
Ahh... It looks like you can never make people happy when it comes to an AC game. People either talk about story, gameplay, price, or mechanics. Let's get over it all already. :/

Personally I thoroughly enjoyed the Infamy! The wolf powers, really kept things interesting! Along with the amazing soundtrack that I had playing in the background! I wish that was incorporated into the main game its self. I think they improved on the game play as well from the main game. Enemies were more aggressive and the over all feel was just better. I believe I only ran into 1 glitch and I got at least a solid 2.75 hours of gameplay out of it.

As for the Betrayal I haven't finished it yet but this one, even though I'm still enjoying it, it's just not catching me like the first one did. So there is a bit of a lackluster right now so maybe it will get better? The Eagle power I"m not sure if I'm just using it incorrectly but it just doesn't work that great. I believe I'm about halfway through with it.

Overall it's sitting at about 7.89/10 I swear if Haytham comes back in episode 3. Instant 10. Haha. No but really that will boost some points!

Apart from those points ^^^ on maing game & DLC ..............What else IS there to talk about regards AC Games ??

$30 = 3 episodes .................Really ??

Episode 3 could indeed be this DLC's Redemption depending how limited the portion of gameworld is again ,(maybe we get Full NY as a city ) & unfortunately with the effort they put into voice acting for TOKW - If Haytham returns for pt 3 , he'll probably sound nothing like Haytham.

poptartz20
04-15-2013, 08:01 AM
Apart from those points ^^^ on maing game & DLC ..............What else IS there to talk about regards AC Games ??

What I'm saying is people are ALWAYS COMPLAINING. If it's not one thing it's another. There seem to always be more negative than positive.

I really don't have a problem paying $30 for playing something from a game that I enjoyed. I don't see why people who didn't like the game will go off and pay $30 for something they didn't even like in the first place? Then complain that it still sucks or it's too much or they hate the story because it's alternate reality ( Like that wasn't stated at all) it's like wtf. STAAHHP!

montagemik
04-15-2013, 09:23 AM
What I'm saying is people are ALWAYS COMPLAINING. If it's not one thing it's another. There seem to always be more negative than positive.

I really don't have a problem paying $30 for playing something from a game that I enjoyed. I don't see why people who didn't like the game will go off and pay $30 for something they didn't even like in the first place? Then complain that it still sucks or it's too much or they hate the story because it's alternate reality ( Like that wasn't stated at all) it's like wtf. STAAHHP!

Yeah - AC3 = £40 ...............Enjoyed the FULL game overall .
TOKW - £24 ( or season pass ) .................... Half a$$ lack lustre , extremely limited almost BETA versions of the game world - Around 10hrs max for 3 eps .

So yep - Enjoyed the main game ................Shame the same effort / content didn't carry over to the DLC , costing half the price of the full game , i kind of expect at least a third of the content or effort .

AC4 Season pass = Forget it UBI , you've consistently shown your DLC is way overpriced & limited in substance & content. Good luck selling that guff to the kids for AC4 , i'm through paying for content void of any actual substance or long term replay value. .