PDA

View Full Version : Haystacks in AC2

SpiritMuse
04-13-2013, 02:52 AM
Are they any use at all?

Because I was running away from a contingent of guards, broke line of sight, jumped into a haystack, and as soon as the guards round the corner they immediately home in on my haystack and multiple guards start poking it, so of course eventually Ezio jumps out and I'm still stuck running away from guards!

Lolwut? What's the use of hiding spots if they do nothing to actually hide you?

(Also, what's with the psychic guards setting ambushes way ahead of you? How do they know to do that?)

AdamPearce
04-13-2013, 03:03 AM
Are you actually complaining because the AI is develop? Maybe you prefer the AC1's where they don't even think for checking you?

Ok I'll help, the hidding won't work if you hide in the yellow spot, you have to get out of it and then hide, otherwise they'll find you. And at this point, you can just keep running and it's gonna be ok. ;)

SpiritMuse
04-13-2013, 03:25 AM
I'm not complaining that the AI is actually I, just that hiding spots don't work as hiding spots.

Ok so if I have to get out of the yellow area for hiding spots to work, fine, except once I get out of the yellow area, I'm so far away that actual hiding isnt even necessary anymore - the arrows turn grey and disappear after a while. So again, what's the point of hiding spots?

I liked the guard reaction from AC3, where they would charge right past your haystack, trying to figure out where you ran to, except one guy lagging behind going, "hey, maybe he's in here *poke*" and you have to hidden-assassinate him otherwise you're gonna be found. I mean, that seemed logical, most of them assuming you're still running. Not like in AC2 where they all somehow instantly know you're in the haystack, focusing solely on flushing you out so you're pretty much forced to kill every single guard because it's impossible to hide.

Of course, I was fully notorious at the time. Does that make the guards more psychic?

AdamPearce
04-13-2013, 03:36 AM
Then try to hide within the people, I don't think they've got any animation for that. But yeah the hiding spots are useless in that game and the Haystack are only used to Leaps of Faith and...that's it.

Maybe the notoriety as something to do. Try it while beeing Anonymous ?