PDA

View Full Version : Black Flag Weapon Wheel The Old or The Recent?

jayjay275
04-12-2013, 07:51 PM
What weapon wheel would you rather have in ACIV: Black Flag?

Assassin_M
04-12-2013, 07:52 PM
Anyone saying he`d rather have the recent one (AC III, not ACR, because ACR is basically the same as AC II-ACB) is a drooling simpleton...or hasn't tried the recent one yet

The old one (There was no weapon wheel in AC I)....

jayjay275
04-12-2013, 07:52 PM
Anyone saying he`d rather have the recent one is a drooling simpleton...or hasn't tried the recent one yet

The old one....

I have posted a poll, I would be happy to gather votes on this. :P

Assassin_M
04-12-2013, 07:54 PM
I have posted a poll, I would be happy to gather votes on this. :P
Voted

lothario-da-be
04-12-2013, 07:59 PM
The one from ac3 opens way too slow, it realy irritates me.

BATISTABUS
04-12-2013, 08:04 PM
I want one like Red Dead where it opens in real time.

SixKeys
04-12-2013, 08:05 PM
Old one, definitely. The new one was terrible.

pacmanate
04-12-2013, 08:37 PM
ACR one with tools on the right and weapons on the left.

Also make sure that it doesn't take ages to load I mean ffs. There was NO need to make AC3's weapon wheel open on a separate screen. Just make the wheel go over the gameplay like AC2 - ACR

BATISTABUS
04-12-2013, 08:57 PM
I honestly hate how expansive the weapon wheel. There are so many tools that you never ever need to use. In AC1, each weapon more or less served a specific purpose.

pacmanate
04-12-2013, 08:59 PM
I honestly hate how expansive the weapon wheel. There are so many tools that you never ever need to use. In AC1, each weapon more or less served a specific purpose.

Yup, all 3

BATISTABUS
04-12-2013, 09:03 PM
Yup, all 3
I'm not sure if you're joking or not...but that's my point. I'd rather have 3 important weapons than 50 completely useless variations where you only really use one. In fact, the fewer the better. You don't want useless gear, but you also don't want to be constantly switching between 10 different weapons all the time.

Rugterwyper32
04-12-2013, 09:11 PM
I want one like Red Dead where it opens in real time.

Same. That would be a lot nicer.

ACfan443
04-12-2013, 09:14 PM
AC3 is a masterclass in how not to design a fast and efficient weapon wheel. Its wheel (and general UI) is an utter mess, even more so before the release of the update to 'fix' it.
The old weapon wheel is much nicer.

pacmanate
04-12-2013, 09:28 PM
I'm not sure if you're joking or not...but that's my point. I'd rather have 3 important weapons than 50 completely useless variations where you only really use one. In fact, the fewer the better. You don't want useless gear, but you also don't want to be constantly switching between 10 different weapons all the time.

Nope, I loved having 3 weapons. They all had a purpose.

Hidden Blade for actually assassinating people
Shot Blade if there were loads of enemies
Normal Sword if there were like 4-5

Billiam301
04-12-2013, 10:29 PM
I'd vote ACR but not AC3, I prefer ACR because I like to choose a specific combination of weapon and tools, but AC3 was just annoying

SixKeys
04-12-2013, 10:34 PM

I always felt AC2's weapon wheel was perfect. Simple design, easy to use and there was just the right amount of weapon slots. In ACB the excess was beginning to show (crossbow, throwing knives, gun, regular poison, poison darts...). I would be happy if they stripped some of the more useless tools and weapons and brought back the amount of slots in AC2.

silvermercy
04-12-2013, 10:51 PM
ARRGH! I voted Recent by mistake. Count that out. I love AC3... but no.

AdamPearce
04-12-2013, 10:59 PM
I think it's gonna be the same as Far Cry's one knowing that most of the devs are from the FC3's team. And actually the one of FC3 is...hmm, perfect. Quick and simple, and there's no frustrating selection like AC2. Because yes, AC2's wheel is great, but sometimes when you try to choose an item and then it's switch to the other and then you're just like 'Fuuuuuuuuuuu' when you discover it in game...#smokebombs...

So yeah the FC3's one would be perfect.

monster_rambo
04-12-2013, 11:42 PM

I completely agree with you. Having 50 different weapons are armor doesn't make a difference because they all feel like they do the same damage. Even if some are stronger than the others, they just carry the same animation, nothing special and no story behind how you got them. Oh, I bought it at blacksmith/general store. Yawn.

projectpat06
04-13-2013, 12:36 AM
Can I vote neither and go with the full on use of the dpad like the arkham games have. I also wonder if we'll be able to select what weapon to have in each hand or will we be limited to having to choose two swords, two hidden blades, etc.

AvK KiNgKoBrA
04-13-2013, 12:54 AM
The one in AC3 wasnt even a wheel lol

ACRules2
04-13-2013, 02:42 AM
The Old One.
The New one takes far too long too open and is slightly cumbersome to access.

roostersrule2
04-13-2013, 04:01 AM
The old one, new one is slow and annoying.

jayjay275
04-13-2013, 08:52 AM
Seems like people want the old one back which is great.

Farlander1991
04-13-2013, 09:14 AM
Even the AC3 developers don't want the AC3 weapon wheel (they stated that in one of the post-release Q&A sessions), so.... I don't think we'll see the AC3 weapon wheel in AC4.

jayjay275
04-13-2013, 09:20 AM
Even the AC3 developers don't want the AC3 weapon wheel (they stated that in one of the post-release Q&A sessions), so.... I don't think we'll see the AC3 weapon wheel in AC4.

Link me.... :O

AjinkyaParuleka
04-13-2013, 10:16 AM
Something that won't stop the flow of combat.

TheHumanTowel
04-13-2013, 10:18 AM
Why have you grouped Revelation's and AC3's together? They're both different and ACR's is far better than AC3's. AC3's is god awful.

Sushiglutton
04-13-2013, 10:36 AM
Most important thing for me is to add a quickfire option for all tools. PAusing the game, or use a weapon wheel is a gamey feature that takes you out of the experience. All gadgets need to be at the top of my fingertips :).

AjinkyaParuleka
04-13-2013, 10:42 AM
What about Arkham City wep selection?It was good,didn't stopped the flow of combat and was easy to select.

UrDeviant1
04-13-2013, 10:46 AM
I'd like to have the option to link however many weapons/tools I want to the d-pad. Having to navigate through a menu screen in both ACR and AC3 to select a weapon was redonkulous. And if they decide to build on AC3's kill-chain mechanic and allow more than 4 weapons to be used during a chain, they will HAVE to have more than 4 mappable weapons/tools.

jayjay275
04-13-2013, 10:48 AM
Why have you grouped Revelation's and AC3's together? They're both different and ACR's is far better than AC3's. AC3's is god awful.

I have done this because the Old one would open up in the normal interface over the game.
Revelations and ACIII opened up a different interface over the game which also took longer.

Sushiglutton
04-13-2013, 10:55 AM
I'd like to have the option to link however many weapons/tools I want to the d-pad. Having to navigate through a menu screen in both ACR and AC3 to select a weapon was redonkulous. And if they decide to build on AC3's kill-chain mechanic and allow more than 4 weapons to be used during a chain, they will HAVE to have more than 4 mappable weapons/tools.

I think the Arkham system is superior to that. I mean to have to click the d-pad first and then the tool button means two inputs when using a simple gadget in combat. Should be only one tap imo (combining two buttons).

UrDeviant1
04-13-2013, 10:57 AM
I think the Arkham system is superior to that. I mean to have to click the d-pad first and then the tool button means two inputs when using a simple gadget in combat. Should be only one tap imo (combining two buttons).

I haven't played the Batman games in a long time. I'll have to try out Arkham City again to see what you mean.

Sushiglutton
04-13-2013, 11:04 AM
I haven't played the Batman games in a long time. I'll have to try out Arkham City again to see what you mean.

You have quick access to all gadgets basically. By tapping the left shoulder button (LT) at the same time as one of the face button you can access any gadget. It's works really well. After a while it becomes second nature so you don't even think when using the batclaw to pull a weapon out of the hands of a guard (LT+Y), then throw a batarang (LT) to take out a distant guard and then finally just tap (LT+B) to send an armored guard flying with the use of the electric gun.

It feels soooo much better than AC imo. This kind of combat system is all about flow, so everything that breaks it becomes an issue. The Arkham games have an elegant solution, all AC has to do is ctrl+c, ctrl+v ;)

UrDeviant1
04-13-2013, 11:15 AM
You have quick access to all gadgets basically. By tapping the left shoulder button (LT) at the same time as one of the face button you can access any gadget. It's works really well. After a while it becomes second nature so you don't even think when using the batclaw to pull a weapon out of the hands of a guard (LT+Y), then throw a batarang (LT) to take out a distant guard and then finally just tap (LT+B) to send an armored guard flying with the use of the electric gun.

It feels soooo much better than AC imo. This kind of combat system is all about flow, so everything that breaks it becomes an issue. The Arkham games have an elegant solution, all AC has to do is ctrl+c, ctrl+v ;)

Sounds like something that could definitely work with AC. So the d-pad is used for 4 weapons while the face-buttons are used for tools. UBISOFT, MAKE IT SO!

Sushiglutton
04-13-2013, 05:04 PM
Sounds like something that could definitely work with AC. So the d-pad is used for 4 weapons while the face-buttons are used for tools. UBISOFT, MAKE IT SO!

Actually it's even smarter than that :). The D-pad is used to select one of the twelve gadgets (8 on the vertical/horizontal axis and 4 on the diagonal). By selecting a gadget you can aim with it. The six combat gadgets can also be quick-accessed by combining LT with facebuttons (the sixth one is double tap RT). The game has a super smart auto-targetting system so typically quickaccess works well for puzzle-solving as well as combat.

If you are interested in game-design and control schematics, Arkham City is a goldmine. It's the best designed game ever made imo :). It will take a long time before you discover all subtleties. But whoever designed it (Sefton Hill?) is clearly a genius. AC is very weak in comparison in these areas.

lothario-da-be
04-13-2013, 08:20 PM
I seem to be the only one to prefer an ACB style weaponwheel over Batman's version.I prefer it when time stops or slows down.

overdidd
04-13-2013, 09:54 PM
I hated the wheel in AC3. Who the hell thought of it? Seriously, it completely gets you out of the game. Give me the old one, you hear me ubisoft, dont **** this up again.

roostersrule2
04-14-2013, 02:05 AM
I seem to be the only one to prefer an ACB style weaponwheel over Batman's version.I prefer it when time stops or slows down.Yes this, gives you time to do what you want to do.

inferno33222
04-14-2013, 07:57 PM
I voted for the old one, but I like the way they differentiate between gadgets and weapons in ACR and AC3. I just hate the AC3 weapon wheel itself, however I think they should keep the Y/Triangle attacks separate. ACR had the best weapon wheel.