PDA

View Full Version : windows 98

XyZspineZyX
12-19-2003, 03:23 PM
I know this is covered in the min reuirements but is there absolutely no way the game will run on this OS?

(before you tell me I should check these things, I was given the game as a gift)

This is the first game I know of that doesn't support win 98, will this be a new trend in future games? I don't want to have to lose everything on my hard drive /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-sad.gif

XyZspineZyX
12-19-2003, 03:23 PM
I know this is covered in the min reuirements but is there absolutely no way the game will run on this OS?

(before you tell me I should check these things, I was given the game as a gift)

This is the first game I know of that doesn't support win 98, will this be a new trend in future games? I don't want to have to lose everything on my hard drive /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-sad.gif

XyZspineZyX
12-19-2003, 07:25 PM
Well, since Microsoft themselves no longer actively support it, it will be tougher for the game developers to support it, you will also begin to find hardware that will not support win98, I have more than one not supported by win98, so you may need to look at upgrading 98.

Besides I just checked my box, the first sytem listed as supported is 98SE, so I take it your just running 98 then not 98SE, which makes no difference since MS no longer supports 98 of any flavor

XyZspineZyX
12-20-2003, 09:31 AM
And you don't have to lose everything on your harddisk when you're upgrading your OS.

Most applications should still work after the upgrade to XP. Some hardware drivers might have to be installed and some programs might stop working altogether (especially stuff that's intefering with the system, like anti-virus software or CD burners) and you have to get an upgrade of this software, too.