PDA

View Full Version : [FC3 Blood Dragon] 8 questions before getting back to the future...

angstik
04-12-2013, 01:32 PM
Hey everyone!

Like some of you, I guess, the announce of FC3 BD made me a bit curious about the game, and I had a few questions about it.

1. The Wildlife:
It has been THE reason why I enjoyed so much FC3 and it seems that at least animals are back in Blood Dragon. How many of these are we gonna meet in that cyber jungle? We already know about a cyber panther, robotic sharks/dogs and blood dragons themselves but what else? Will every animal in FC3 have a 'cyborg' version?

2. The Crafting
Along with the animals comes the crafting. I've heard that BD won't feature crafting anymore, but it seems that unique animal quests are back so what will be the meaning of hunting these? Will there be some kind of rewards instead?

3. The Looting
We've all seen the cyborgs' bodies shine when dead. Will there still be a money/selling merchandise system?

4. The Weapons
I'll make it simple: how many?

5. The Upgrades
We've seen some skill tree system but will weapons upgrade/customisation still be possible in BD? It goes along with Question 3...

6. The Characters
We've seen Rex, his rival with half a moustache and 'the girl'. How many of these are we gonna meet?

7. The Collectibles
VHS will be scattered on the island it seems. But what else? Cyborg dog tags?

8. The Insanity
Is Blood Dragon its the true definition?

Doctor Mod
04-13-2013, 09:07 PM
1 Pretty much every animal has a cyber version. though only 12 animals in BD.

2 No Crafting in BD

3 you grab Money Ammo and Cyber hearts from dead soldiers.

4 There are...6 weapons a Pistol an AR a sniper a Minigun a shotgun and a flamethrower....

5 VHS tapes. TV sets and research notes.

6 not many characters...story is pretty thin. those 3 are pretty much only ones worth mentioning.

7 ...that is for you to decide

8 there is a upgrade system it works via leveling instead of getting points to spend as you please. Rex starts with most of the take down moves

tro-nic
04-14-2013, 04:19 AM
lol.. *comment removed*

its the same shiz like fc3.. its a copy n paste with arcadefeeling and graphic..
*comment removed*

LukeLeopard
04-14-2013, 05:01 AM
*comment removed*

angstik
04-14-2013, 10:37 AM
Thanks for answering, Doctor Mod: it's quite nice to have answers that are not written by brainless guys, and I won't quote any of these...
In fact, my major concern was about animals. I've heard about these:
-Metallic Shark
-Cyber panther (leopard or tiger?)
-Robo dog
-Mutant Cassowary
-Devil goat
-Mutant turtle
-Robo crocodile

We can also see buffaloes and boars on the screenshots, which leads us to 9 animals. If there are 12, we've got three of more. Wonder what they will be, since bears have been confirmed not to be in. I'd love to see a cyber vulture or a mutant tapir...

The_Red_Joker
04-15-2013, 10:50 PM
I really hope they have more aniimals... Or atleast some other random encounter while roaming the cyber-jungle...

GhostWind905
04-17-2013, 04:53 AM
Since this is part of FarCry3, is there any possibility of adding some of the items to the FarCry3 Map Editor as a DLC?:) It would be an awesome way of keeping the game fresh.

Maybe for the next mini addition, lots of people were requesting dinosaurs, lol. so a Jurrassic park type theme might catch alot of interest. Im sure some comically cheesy story can likewise be incorporated.

Mr_Shade
04-17-2013, 09:19 PM
Since this is part of FarCry3, is there any possibility of adding some of the items to the FarCry3 Map Editor as a DLC?:) It would be an awesome way of keeping the game fresh.

Maybe for the next mini addition, lots of people were requesting dinosaurs, lol. so a Jurrassic park type theme might catch alot of interest. Im sure some comically cheesy story can likewise be incorporated.
Blood Dragon is a stand alone title - you do not need FC3 to play this.

It's Single Player only - so no editor or items - sorry.

MCMonobrow
04-18-2013, 01:13 PM
There are 12 animals in total :) We might drop some hints in the coming days.

angstik
04-18-2013, 06:31 PM
Almost all of the animals have already been mentioned or revealed: the few lef behind are pigs, paradise birds, vultures, moray eels, deers, tapirs and macaques. No big deal but if some new animals have been incorporated which is very doubtful...