PDA

View Full Version : This Problem is driving me crazy......

Mike_Moody
04-12-2013, 02:27 AM
I have Assassin's Creed lll loaded and running but it will keep freezing on me, I mean it just stops playing. Some times it will freeze and start back up and then freeze again until it just stops and I will have to use "task manager" to get back to the desktop. The game is doing better after I ran it in " Compatibility Mode " but still froze up right before I came here. I'm running an ( i7 3770K CPU, GTX 680 GPU, ASUS P8Z77- V Deluxe MotherBoard, CoolerMaster 850 Watt PSU, Samsung 256GB SSD, Windows 8 ). All drivers are up to date. I played Crysis 3 with no problems at all. So I'm stumped as to why this game is giving me trouble. Any help will be much appreciated. Oh and just to be saying something, I really don't know if I like this Windows 8. :) I've never had trouble with a game before on XP and Vista. I hope its not Windows 8 doing this. Thanks......

Ubi-MoshiMoshi
04-13-2013, 05:08 PM
Hi, please open a ticket with Technical Support so they can troubleshoot this with you, the link is in my signature.

Mike_Moody
04-13-2013, 06:02 PM
Hi, please open a ticket with Technical Support so they can troubleshoot this with you, the link is in my signature.
OK Ubi-Mish; I opened a ticket.... Just for the record I went into ( my documents/assassin's creed lll/assassin3) and changed the Vsync from 1 to 0 and this seems to have helped a lot. It will still freeze but it does a lot better. Now my Fraps will show 80-200FPS instead of just 60FPS. Maybe that will help you guys detect the problem. Thanks..