PDA

View Full Version : ACR: Mediterranean Defense

Bastiaen
04-11-2013, 08:33 PM
There is a feature in ACR that I didn't discover until I'd been playing the game for nearly a year, and I wanted to come on here and see what other players even know about this feature (or am I a moron :)).
It's in the mediterranean defense. After you've reclaimed a city for the Assassins, you can assign members of your local guild (recruits), to go lead dens in those citys. You can increase the number of dens and assign more assassins to them. This gives you somethings else to do while you wait for more money to accrue, since you'll need to recruit about 60 more assassins. I know it's not a great feature, but it adds a little more gameplay to ACR for me, and another thing to do with my OCD completionist personality.
Do others know about this feature? It wasn't in any tutorials, nor was it advertised or talked about in reviews.
Please note, I'm one of the weirdos that likes all the microsystems of ACR, such as Den Defense. I love Den Defense... A lot. I purposefully let my templar awareness fill up so that I get more den defenses. It's a quick, and active (rather than passive) way to level your recruits, since all of them get xp for each defense you do.
Anybody? Buhler?

SixKeys
04-11-2013, 08:41 PM
I believe the same system was already in place in Brotherhood, unless I'm mistaken. I seem to recall you could also assign assassins to various cities in that game too. So yes, I was aware of it in ACR.

montagemik
04-11-2013, 08:47 PM
OCD Completionist personality ......& You played for a year without finding this minigame/ feature ??

LOL i think you may be Cured of OCD . 12 months is a little long to be playing ACR without finding this feature i'd say........... ACR was a fairly short game & i thought there was even a trophy/achievement linked to this MED Defence .( maybe i'm thinking of a diff trophy)

Edit - Armchair General = listed in ACR as a Med defence game trophy. Not sure how Anyone could've missed med defense game then.

Bastiaen
04-11-2013, 08:50 PM
I didn't think it was in Brotherhood. I'll have to go check when I get home today. Looking back, I really don't think so. Here is the Brotherhood recruits menu:
http://nightmaremode.net/wp-content/uploads/2011/12/ACB_RecruitMap.jpg

Notice: No option to manage each city, like there is in ACR:

http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20120105174919/assassinscreed/images/8/86/Mediterranean-defense-map.png

Bastiaen
04-11-2013, 08:52 PM
OCD Completionist personality ......& You played for a year without finding this minigame/ feature ??

LOL i think you may be Cured of OCD . 12 months is a little long to be playing ACR without finding this feature i'd say........... ACR was a fairly short game & i thought there was even a trophy/achievement linked to this MED Defence .( maybe i'm thinking of a diff trophy)

The only Mediterranean Defense achievement was for having Assassin control of each city, including Rhodes (as if Rhodes were a big deal :)).
I wonder whether I'm being clear about what this feature is. I'm not pointing out the existence of mediterranean defense. I'd have to be pretty daft indeed if I missed that since there is a tutorial in sequence 3. I'm referring to managing your assassins in each city.
The reason I really bring this up is because most of the players I've met had no idea that you could do this.

SixKeys
04-11-2013, 10:56 PM
The only Mediterranean Defense achievement was for having Assassin control of each city, including Rhodes (as if Rhodes were a big deal :)).
I wonder whether I'm being clear about what this feature is. I'm not pointing out the existence of mediterranean defense. I'd have to be pretty daft indeed if I missed that since there is a tutorial in sequence 3. I'm referring to managing your assassins in each city.

Actually it was specifically without Rhodes. I never really understood why.

I never saw the point of assigning assassins to different cities. The cities could still come under attack and the assassins you had assigned couldn't die. Maybe there would have been more of a point if you could only assign master assassins (so they needed to be leveled up) and once assigned, the cities could no longer come under Templar control, like the dens. The only reason I can see why this wasn't the case was to artificially lengthen the game as you could keep on recruiting new assassins after the game was over.

SpiritMuse
04-12-2013, 12:38 AM
Actually it was specifically without Rhodes. I never really understood why.

I never saw the point of assigning assassins to different cities. The cities could still come under attack and the assassins you had assigned couldn't die. Maybe there would have been more of a point if you could only assign master assassins (so they needed to be leveled up) and once assigned, the cities could no longer come under Templar control, like the dens. The only reason I can see why this wasn't the case was to artificially lengthen the game as you could keep on recruiting new assassins after the game was over.
It's because Rhodes isn't normally available in single player. It only unlocks after doing multiplayer.

And the point of having assassins stationed in each city is to extend the maximum percentage of control you can achieve, and to have them do the missions you need done to stay in control, so you can keep a full complement of assassins in Constantinople to assist you.

Bastiaen
04-12-2013, 03:08 PM
I'm okay with the artificial lengthening (that's what she said). It makes it so I have more things to do while I wait for money.