PDA

View Full Version : What I liked about Connor Kenway: A glass half-full thread

shobhit7777777
04-10-2013, 10:01 PM
Since I'm quite tired of divisive arguments and I'm actually feeling optimistic about BF...thought I'd try and inject some positivity

So

Cooperate

Title is self-explanatory. List any attribute(s)....from physicality (keep it under the limit will ya, girls?) to personality...ANYTHING that you liked about Connor. It can be as simple as "His Archery form" to his taste in clothes....ANYTHING.

It has to be positive

It is nigh impossible to dislike EVERYTHING about a character..especially Connor...there must be SOME facet..gameplay or otherwise that is associated with Connor that you enjoyed or liked

I would like to see EVERYONE participate...especially the people who didn't warm up to him.

Don't be shy

And FFS...Stay positive....no smartarse comments like "Nothing!"....you won't sound clever and you will end up on my ****-list

UrDeviant1
04-10-2013, 10:07 PM
Nothing!

pacmanate
04-10-2013, 10:07 PM
His running was good.

Eternal Reward
04-10-2013, 10:08 PM
I liked his fighting style, was pretty badass. Was nice to have a humble character, though at times he did come off as a bit of an arse.

His relationship with Achilles was cool as well.

SixKeys
04-10-2013, 10:08 PM
I honestly don't have that much of a problem with Connor. I simply don't think he lived up to his predecessors, but I don't think he was a bad character per se. I like his subtle expressions and body language. I like him more as Ratonhnhaké:ton in ToKW where you see he has a much deeper connection with his tribe and heritage and how easy it would be for him to lay aside his desire for peace and just give in to hatred and anger.

Eternal Reward
04-10-2013, 10:11 PM
I honestly don't have that much of a problem with Connor. I simply don't think he lived up to his predecessors, but I don't think he was a bad character per se. I like his subtle expressions and body language. I like him more as Ratonhnhaké:ton in ToKW where you see he has a much deeper connection with his tribe and heritage and how easy it would be for him to lay aside his desire for peace and just give in to hatred and anger.

I definitely enjoy him more in ToKW.

It suites him more for one. He doesn't come off as an Assassin.

Spider_Sith9
04-10-2013, 10:12 PM
This is because the petition huh?

silvermercy
04-10-2013, 10:13 PM
Title is self-explanatory. List any attribute(s)....from physicality (keep it under the limit will ya, girls?) to personality...ANYTHING that you liked about Connor. It can be as simple as "His Archery form" to his taste in clothes....ANYTHING.
His tight pants.

(Is this under the limit? oops) :o

Seriously now... whatever some people didn't like actually: being stoic, less talkative and showing less emotion. Also his brutal fighting style.

Eternal Reward
04-10-2013, 10:15 PM
His tight pants.

(Is this under the limit? oops) :o

A shame he has a cloak covering the back.....

silvermercy
04-10-2013, 10:16 PM
A shame he has a cloak covering the back.....
I know right?

(Imma start a petition!)

Eternal Reward
04-10-2013, 10:19 PM
I know right?

(Imma start a petition!)

Is that why I see so many people using the prisoner/Indian outfit in videos?

Spider_Sith9
04-10-2013, 10:21 PM
He's a good man. His idealism and good morals make him seem like an amazing character. His calm voice makes me want to hug him. Hopefully I don't get back body dropped like Norris did. xD

silvermercy
04-10-2013, 10:22 PM
Is that why I see so many people using the prisoner/Indian outfit in videos?
Most probably! lol They want to see an ASSassin.

Assassin_M
04-10-2013, 10:22 PM
He`s the only real American hero in the game

SixKeys
04-10-2013, 10:23 PM

What about Achilles?

Assassin_M
04-10-2013, 10:25 PM
What about Achilles?
what ABOUT Achilles ?

ACfan443
04-10-2013, 10:25 PM
I liked that he was reserved and stoic..yes that was a positive for me. (I don't see why someone whose family killed and home destroyed should be happy)
I liked his moveset - running, climbing, the slick vaulting animations etc..
His arsenal - loved the tomahawk and rope dart
His brutal fighting style
Etc etc.

SixKeys
04-10-2013, 10:28 PM
what ABOUT Achilles ?

You don't see him as a hero?

shobhit7777777
04-10-2013, 10:32 PM
Most probably! lol They want to see an ASSassin.

ALLLRIIIGHT....Strike ONE Missy!

@Urdeviant

yeah right....I have your PM...the one with the whole para on how Connor is the love of your life and that your post is just a joke

And speaking of "love"

Say hi to your mum for me ;)

The rest of you...Good stuff!

And the rest who haven't posted

Listen you mother****ers......I'd better see over 5 pages of rainbow sprinkles and teddy bears gushing out in torrents from all of your asses by tomorrow evening (6:00 PM BST)

Assassin_M
04-10-2013, 10:32 PM
You don't see him as a hero?
That`s not what I meant, the Assassins in general are heroes, I was drawing likeness to the Portrait of the American Hero the US likes to draw about some of its historical characters or what THEY perceive as heroes. GW, Sam Adams, Revere..all seen as American heroes, but that`s not necessarily true since the game sheds a lot of light about the not so heroic things these people have actually done and it leaves Connor as the only viable American hero of AC`s rendition of the American revolution

Eternal Reward
04-10-2013, 10:34 PM
That`s not what I meant, the Assassins in general are heroes, I was drawing likeness to the Portrait of the American Hero the US likes to draw about some of its historical characters or what THEY perceive as heroes. GW, Sam Adams, Revere..all seen as American heroes, but that`s not necessarily true since the game sheds a lot of light about the not so heroic things these people have actually done and it leaves Connor as the only viable American hero of AC`s rendition of the American revolution

Eh, he did some pretty lame things too. Like murdering all those Bluecoat guards in New York and Boston.

Assassin_M
04-10-2013, 10:38 PM
Eh, he did some pretty lame things too. Like murdering all those Bluecoat guards in New York and Boston.
wha- ?

shobhit7777777
04-10-2013, 10:40 PM

Which means he is only Human and makes mistakes - something which I like about him

Assassin_M
04-10-2013, 10:42 PM
Which means he is only Human and makes mistakes - something which I like about him
When did he actually murder ANY blue coats in NY and Boston ?? Only blue coats I remember him killing were the ones carrying commands to attack Connor`s village, it`s not that I`m trying to defend anything, he can think it`s lame all he wants, but when he did do these things ??

Eternal Reward
04-10-2013, 10:44 PM
When did he actually murder ANY blue coats in NY and Boston ?? Only blue coats I remember him killing were the ones carrying commands to attack Connor`s village, it`s not that I`m trying to defend anything, he can think it`s lame all he wants, but when he did do these things ??

It was a joke. I must have killed HUNDREDS of bluecoats, for no reason. So my Connor is a murdering *******. :p

Assassin_M
04-10-2013, 10:45 PM
It was a joke. I must have killed HUNDREDS of bluecoats, for no reason. So my Connor is a murdering *******. :p
Oh....Okay...I just thought i missed some important story event :|

Eternal Reward
04-10-2013, 10:46 PM
Oh....Okay...I just thought i missed some important story event :|

Oh yeah, the Bluecoat Boston Massacre.

TRUKITTN
04-10-2013, 11:10 PM
I'm... I'm almost scared to post here. :S

First, I wanna say I adore all our hooded heroes. Altair and Ezio took a while to grow on me, though. Altair because of his arrogant naivete in the beginning, but by the end of the game I had grown very attached to him. Ezio took even longer. His man-whorish ways were a complete turn off for me, and I can't count how many times I rolled my eyes and blew raspberries at him in AC2. It wasn't until Brotherhood that I started to like him, but by the end of that game I -really- liked him.

Connor on the other hand, didn't take a whole game to win my affection. I admit I was a little put off by the switch. I thought Haytham was just the right mix of long-suffering arrogance and badassery. Very entertaining. I liked him. And then came Connor. The way he moved got my attention first - at least, once I got used to all the stinkin' combat changes it did. Once I was capable of making him do the things he was supposed to with that tomahawk of his, it was poetry in motion. Savage, raw, glorious poetry of JUSTICE. Rawr. I admit I liked that a little more than I probably ought to, and It just kinda grew from there. I appreciate all the contrast between him and his father, and Altair and Ezio. I like that he's bigger. I like that he's quieter. I like that joining the Brotherhood (such as it was) didn't make everything right for him. He's had a very problematic twenty something years, and I think you can literally see it on his face cause he doesn't look a day over 35, in a ruggedly handsome sort of way. I like that too.

Anyhow. I figure he's got a depth to him that we didn't get to see with Altair, and that took Ezio more than one game to truly show. For all these reasons he is easily my favorite assassin now.

Assassin_M
04-10-2013, 11:35 PM
since this is a Connor thread, I figured i`d post this here....best Connor tribute video imo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wqiyT0xfr1Q

FirestarLuva
04-10-2013, 11:53 PM
since this is a Connor thread, I figured i`d post this here....best Connor tribute video imo

I'd recommend a few more...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pqI5vgqTJaY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6wZIiYI2WNg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RMIcJsNVXXg

ACfan443
04-11-2013, 12:04 AM

That's was amazing. I wish someone would make one with Linkin Park's In the end, the lyrics are so fitting with Connor's story.

kesh_362
04-11-2013, 12:08 AM
His background and story.
His stoic and humble nature.
His ferocity.
The way he moves in free running and combat.
He actually looks physically intimidating.

Spider_Sith9
04-11-2013, 12:16 AM
I'd recommend a few more...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pqI5vgqTJaY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6wZIiYI2WNg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RMIcJsNVXXg
Rise and Fall! :D I love that song! Krewella is an awesome Electronic Trio. Shame they are only remembered for the MLP video. >_>

The editing reminds me of Hamps' Sony Vegas style.

Kaschra
04-11-2013, 12:19 AM
Hm...

I like his haircut (before he cut it to a mohawk) and his interactions with Haytham (but I think that's mostly because of Haytham himself :/ )
Oh, and I like his Captain outfit.

Megas_Doux
04-11-2013, 12:29 AM
His background and story.
His stoic and humble nature.
His ferocity.
The way he moves in free running and combat.
He actually looks physically intimidating.

This!!!!!

silvermercy
04-11-2013, 01:02 AM
He does look more intimidating than all assassins so far! Doesn't he? He's one big teddy bear one moment, and the next... *shivers*
Imagine sitting next to him in a bar, then you both stand up side to side, you look up at him and suddenly see his eye twitch; the only sign you get before your throat is among his fingers. The next moment you're gasping for air, your brain is hazy, your eyes become bloodshot, your blood vessels constrict, your pupils dilate and your face becomes blue... The last thing you see is the image of a broken glass...

okay I'll stop here.

Spider_Sith9
04-11-2013, 01:04 AM
He does look more intimidating than all assassins so far! Doesn't he? He's one big teddy bear one moment, and the next... *shivers*
Imagine sitting next to him in a bar, then you both stand up side to side, you look up at him and suddenly see his eye twitch; the only sign you get before your throat is among his fingers. The next moment you're gasping for air, your brain is hazy, your eyes become bloodshot, your blood vessels constrict, your face becomes blue...

okay I'll stop here.
....dude, I pictured that. That's just terrifying. :/

silvermercy
04-11-2013, 01:06 AM
....dude, I pictured that. That's just terrifying. :/
Well I AM writing a post-apocalyptic novel right now. lol

Sorry for the scare!

Spider_Sith9
04-11-2013, 01:22 AM
Well I AM writing a post-apocalyptic novel right now. lol

Sorry for the scare!

It's no problem. I doubt Connor would want to hurt me. :3

Assassin_M
04-11-2013, 01:24 AM
It's no problem. I doubt Connor would want to hurt me. :3
I would...I don't see why Connor wouldn't want to either

AdamPearce
04-11-2013, 02:03 AM
Actually if I meet Connor in the street I would just go and give a hug <3

And then he would push me off like he did with Revere. :|

AdamPearce
04-11-2013, 02:04 AM

Unless you're wearing a Templar Cross, are racist or againts freedom, I don't see why he would kill him?

BATISTABUS
04-11-2013, 02:17 AM
He's my favorite Assassin, so...

And that's saying a lot. I absolutely adore Altair and Ezio for their own reasons. I guess Noah's performance just put it over the top for me. He was really fantastic.

Eternal Reward
04-11-2013, 02:51 AM
That's was amazing. I wish someone would make one with Linkin Park's In the end, the lyrics are so fitting with Connor's story.

I was just thinking that.

Eternal Reward
04-11-2013, 02:51 AM

*no comment*

ProletariatPleb
04-11-2013, 04:17 AM
Realistic portrayal.

Can't think of anything else.

poptartz20
04-11-2013, 09:27 AM

First off M Your WRONG! G.I. Joe Is the REAL AMERICAN HERO! :D -- Hopefully somebody gets this joke?

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_RbGuFaZzfX8/SoBSDR-CtgI/AAAAAAAAALE/C0mGHaiMKFU/s400/gi_joe.jpg

Second, what I liked about Connor is that he showed great conviction, courage, strength, all noble qualities. (lol) Also I must say I loved the fact that he wasn't Ezio because he wasn't suppose to be! Then you also have the fact that the guy is a tomahawk choppin killing machine. His moves lack the clean finesse of his predecessors but there is such a brutality that I can't help but just love. It's like the quiet before the storm when he fights! I also like the complexity of his character, and his subtle changes throughout the story. I like that everything about him wasn't laid out in front of you. he was an onion you had to peel a couple of layers off of. I liked the fact that he tried to unite with his father just destiny chose otherwise. ahh... so much more! but oh well.

Honestly out of every AC I think I felt the most emotional for Connor. Still I consider this one to be the BEST one story wise!

shobhit7777777
04-11-2013, 03:18 PM
I liked the fact that Connor was portrayed as a hunter....unlike the savvy and street smart Ezio who was born and bred in huge cities...Connor was at home in the wilderness...I liked the shift from city boy to rural hunter

This is reflected in not only his tactics - strength, precision and animal cunning - but also his movements via the stellar animations.

Ezio was at home blending with the crowds, terrorizing the guards from the shadows.....Connor was all about wolf-like aggression and speed...instead of an elaborate plan to take out an entire garrison...Connor would swiftly and silently take them out one...by...one.

I liked the more primal nature of Connor

MasterAssasin84
04-11-2013, 03:22 PM
I really enjoyed Connor, i loved the concept of a native American assassin, i loved his fighting style and the tree running.

MasterAssasin84
04-11-2013, 03:47 PM
I liked the fact that Connor was portrayed as a hunter....unlike the savvy and street smart Ezio who was born and bred in huge cities...Connor was at home in the wilderness...I liked the shift from city boy to rural hunter

This is reflected in not only his tactics - strength, precision and animal cunning - but also his movements via the stellar animations.

Ezio was at home blending with the crowds, terrorizing the guards from the shadows.....Connor was all about wolf-like aggression and speed...instead of an elaborate plan to take out an entire garrison...Connor would swiftly and silently take them out one...by...one.

I liked the more primal nature of Connor

This is what i found it suited his upbringing and his environment, i loved the concept Connor the hunter a native American assassin ! it would have made no sense for him to be an urban wise guy like Ezio.

SixKeys
04-11-2013, 05:32 PM
This is what i found it suited his upbringing and his environment, i loved the concept Connor the hunter a native American assassin ! it would have made no sense for him to be an urban wise guy like Ezio.

Anybody else notice how all the Kenways thrive in a different environment? Edward was a sea-farer at heart, Haytham was a city nobleman and Connor was child of nature.

CalgaryJay
04-11-2013, 05:44 PM
How his personality wasn't nearly as cartoony as Ezio. Just replaying through his trilogy, great games, but how every single woman you come across in his series is ready to bear his child within a second of meeting him is a little ridiculous.

In short, I like how he's introverted, as well as his young, energetic but also angry, flawed character. The "realest" assassin to date in that regard.

Bastiaen
04-11-2013, 07:51 PM
Can I just say everything?

shobhit7777777
04-11-2013, 08:46 PM
Can I just say everything?

Yes :)

Spider_Sith9
04-11-2013, 08:51 PM
We need more fan videos! D: