PDA

View Full Version : Assassin's creed 4 engine?

andreycvetov
04-10-2013, 07:45 AM
On what enhine will ac4 be running?Is it anvil-next again,but more upgraded and optimized?

roostersrule2
04-10-2013, 07:50 AM
It will be the Anvil Next and yes there will probably be upgrades etc. and they have more experience with it so less bugs and glitches will be found in AC4.

pacmanate
04-10-2013, 01:13 PM
Anvil Next doesn't really need to be upgraded, our consoles do.

Sushiglutton
04-10-2013, 01:20 PM
This whole engine thing is in many ways a marketing term. There is no clear definition of what a new engine is as opposed to an updated engine. For example if you compare Unreal Engine 3 at the beginning of this gen to what it can do now the difference is much bigger than the difference between Anvil and Anvil Next. Ubisoft basically just said Anvil Next was a new engine and the moment they said it, it was true. It was great for marketing as they could say "A new assassin, in a new era on a new engine" (or similar). However I think many gamers read way too much into it :).

Will_Lucky
04-10-2013, 01:47 PM
Anvil Next doesn't really need to be upgraded, our consoles do.

Indeed, Anvil-Next like Frostbite 2/3 are engines not aimed at current gen but Next-Gen. There is only so much optimization they can do before they have to start cutting things.

MasterAssasin84
04-10-2013, 02:21 PM
This whole engine thing is in many ways a marketing term. There is no clear definition of what a new engine is as opposed to an updated engine. For example if you compare Unreal Engine 3 at the beginning of this gen to what it can do now the difference is much bigger than the difference between Anvil and Anvil Next. Ubisoft basically just said Anvil Next was a new engine and the moment they said it, it was true. It was great for marketing as they could say "A new assassin, in a new era on a new engine" (or similar). However I think many gamers read way too much into it :).

i belive that anvil next will work better on the the next gen consoles, but i will say that i did see a few benefits for example the weather effects which i did not see in AC2 so i am anticipating that AC4 this time around will be less buggy.

pacmanate
04-10-2013, 02:53 PM
Indeed, Anvil-Next like Frostbite 2/3 are engines not aimed at current gen but Next-Gen. There is only so much optimization they can do before they have to start cutting things.

Yup yup. Benefits of the PS4 with Anvil Next should mean 60FPS and 1080p too. Not to mention better Vsync, less screen tearing, better shadows etc. Anvil Next is very capable of this. Seeing AC3 on PC on Ultra is amazing, sure its optimisation wasn't that great but thats not the engines fault, its the people. People built the engine it didn't build itself.