PDA

View Full Version : PETITION: Bring Back Ratonhnhaké:ton {Connor} For An ACIII Sequel!

Pages : [1] 2 3

FirestarLuva
04-10-2013, 12:29 AM
There's a petition out which The Wolfkin Initiative are planning to send to Yves Guillemot for another Connor game. If you want Connor to return, to see how his story ends, then please participate! Even if you don't want to you can still help out buy spreading the word around by sharing it on facebook, tweeting it to twitter, sharing the petition on Deviant ART, e-mailing your friends about it, reblogging it on tumblr…so there can be enough signatures delivered to Ubisoft. So far the numbers are growing in very fast pace, let's hope it stays that way. :3

http://www.avaaz.org/en/petition/Bring_Back_Connor_for_an_Assassins_Creed_III_Seque l/?cFZfRbb

"Our aim is to enlighten others about Connor's true character, how much of an impact he has made not only to the aboriginal community, but to people of all nations and creed as well, and to bring him back for an Assassin's Creed III sequel.

Back in the Autumn/Winter of 2012, Ubisoft has stated that Assassin’s Creed III sequels depend on the audience’s reaction to Connor. Source: http://goo.gl/7L9Hk

Thus, many of us have gathered all over the globe to pour our support for Connor and show Ubisoft that we are willing to spend our money to see him return in an AC3 sequel.
We’ve all seen them, the posts claiming that Connor Kenway was “too boring”, that he “lacked emotion” and that he was a “terrible Assassin” and shouldn’t have another game. We know they’re wrong. We’ve seen the retaliations, the eloquent and well-written rebuttals and essays on what a fantastic character he is and that he is so much more then what some people think he is. It’s time to rally together and show Ubisoft that there are those of us who see the profound, unexplored potential of this character. We know that there is so much more left to his story. It’s time to show Ubisoft that we want more of this character, that we, as fans and consumers, will support and buy another game and, most importantly, that we are willing to fight for it!

So this is what the Wolfkin Initiative is about - us doing what we do best by showing Ubisoft our love for Connor through heartfelt essays and other creative outlets. The fate of Connor rests upon our hands now. We must band together and show Ubisoft through this petition that we are willing to buy another game featuring Connor!"

silvermercy
04-10-2013, 12:32 AM
1 more to go to reach the goal! xD Come on!!
(I see most signers are female? Wot?? Girl power! lol)

Assassin_M
04-10-2013, 12:33 AM
Once again, if you think this is silly or you are in any way disinterested, no need for snarky or irrelevant remarks that serve no purpose whatsoever..this is CLEARLY a thread for those who want Connor back, you`re free to share your opinion about how Connor is boring and bland in the feedback thread, you wish to voice your opinion on THIS ? do not sign the petition...win-win for all..

Thank you

Assassin_M
04-10-2013, 12:34 AM
1 more to go to reach the goal! xD
I know your name nowhttp://gothnet.eu/static/images/smileys/smiley/flirt.gif

silvermercy
04-10-2013, 12:37 AM
I know your name nowhttp://gothnet.eu/static/images/smileys/smiley/flirt.gif
Oh that's me, but not my real name. Close though. hehe... The country is correct. :p

Assassin_M
04-10-2013, 12:39 AM
Oh that's me, but not my real name. Close though. hehe... The country is correct. :p
close enough to.......your real name ? or are you just making fun of me ?? cuz if you are, i`ll find you :|

silvermercy
04-10-2013, 12:40 AM
close enough to.......your real name ? or are you just making fun of me ?? cuz if you are, i`ll find you :|
Close to my real name. Same initials and some other letters. ;)

Assassin_M
04-10-2013, 12:42 AM
Close to my real name. Same initials and some other letters. ;)
Pretty much got it HA !!! YES !!

silvermercy
04-10-2013, 12:47 AM
Okay Mr Holmes! :p

Will_Lucky
04-10-2013, 01:21 AM
Nah forget signing this, I hope Ubi give him a single sequence in AC4 that ends him.

Assassin_M
04-10-2013, 01:22 AM
Okay Mr Holmes! :p
how did you know ?

DisbandedBox359
04-10-2013, 01:22 AM
signed we're getting there

Assassin_M
04-10-2013, 01:28 AM
The good thing about this is that I`ll know everyone`s names.....including the females........especially the females :|

ProletariatPleb
04-10-2013, 01:34 AM
Why do you want them to start with more than 1 game for 1 prot stuff again? Was Ezio not hint enough?

Even tho I'd would like another game with Connor we've seen how it ends up. So no sign, sorry. That and....something else I know :p

I-Like-Pie45
04-10-2013, 01:44 AM
OMG PEOPEL!!!

I saw that Ezio just signed it! :eek:

DisbandedBox359
04-10-2013, 01:50 AM
OMG PEOPEL!!!

I saw that Ezio just signed it! :eek:

surprised he isn't asking where his petition is haha

Will_Lucky
04-10-2013, 01:55 AM

Well there is plenty of room for more Ezio games.

Assassin_M
04-10-2013, 01:56 AM
Altair is the one who should be asking for his Petition...

ProletariatPleb
04-10-2013, 01:59 AM
Altair is the one who should be asking for his Petition...
Now that is something I would sign :P for a reboot...

Assassin_M
04-10-2013, 02:03 AM
Now that is something I would sign :P for a reboot...

Why do you want them to start with more than 1 game for 1 prot stuff again? Was Ezio not hint enough?

You should have a talk with the guy I quoted after you...

Funbun777
04-10-2013, 02:10 AM
signed

ProletariatPleb
04-10-2013, 02:13 AM
You should have a talk with the guy I quoted after you...
[/COLOR]
I specifically said for a franchise reboot you moron.

Assassin_M
04-10-2013, 02:17 AM
I specifically said for a franchise reboot you moron.
I swear, I swear this is the reaction I expected xD

i was like,
"i`m gonna rub him"
"Nah, he said reboot"
"and that`ll rub him even worse" xD

hahahahahahahah...NAILED IT

ProletariatPleb
04-10-2013, 02:21 AM
I swear, I swear this is the reaction I expected xD

i was like,
"i`m gonna rub him"
"Nah, he said reboot"
"and that`ll rub him even worse" xD

hahahahahahahah...NAILED IT
Nothing 'rubbed' me, you really think I don't know your predatory tactics after all this time? :P

Regardless, I might be able to get you some sigs if you wish, but it won't change anything.

Assassin_M
04-10-2013, 02:27 AM
Regardless, I might be able to get you some sigs if you wish, but it won't change anything.
Do not concern yourself with change :P

Just get some sigs :rolleyes:

TRUKITTN
04-10-2013, 02:34 AM
I know I sound like a broken record on this. I like Connor too much to risk a "Revelations". I'd love to see him again, but not if its going to kill him. Not signin' it. It'd feel like signing his death warrant. If this sequel gets made and he gets killed in it, this petition will serve as my personal hit list. >:C

silvermercy
04-10-2013, 02:43 AM
I know I sound like a broken record on this. I like Connor too much to risk a "Revelations". I'd love to see him again, but not if its going to kill him. Not signin' it. It'd feel like signing his death warrant. If this sequel gets made and he gets killed in it, this petition will serve as my personal hit list. >:C
That didn't cross my mind. Now I feel guilty. :|
Ubi HQ:
- Hey, let's bring Connor back! And then kill him soon there after of course. XD
- Of course.
- But of course.
- Naturally!
- It's a given!
- Well duh!

ProletariatPleb
04-10-2013, 02:46 AM
Well the main question is what will he do if he comes back? Nothing interesting happens after that, and him going to France is a ******ed idea.

TRUKITTN
04-10-2013, 03:10 AM
Well the main question is what will he do if he comes back? Nothing interesting happens after that, and him going to France is a ******ed idea.

I sorta like the idea of him continuing to support the fledgeling US. Lotta folk on here mentioned wanting to go to London. I mentioned it in the other thread, but he could go with John Adams to England (1785) where he can watch, support and advise America's First Ambassador, and future second president there. Why stop at Washington? :P I'm sure there are some Templars in Great Britain that need some Tomahawking. And if he happens to learn why Daddy became a Templar in the process, that'd be neat too.

ETA: ...but I'm still not signing the petition. Unless Ubi would be willing to promise me they aren't going to kill him off in the game. And by promise I mean a notarized letter stating such, under penalty of every member of their staff having to wear polyester Bermuda shorts every day for the rest of their life if they fail to uphold their promise.

montagemik
04-10-2013, 03:14 AM

Well . Nothing interesting happens after that 'in the history books' ......... But so far from AC3 & Connor , we have the Frontier , Boston, NY & Homestead characters fully established & Connor knowing the location of the Grand temple., along with Connor knowing of Washington's Apple .

Wouldn't be a great leap to come up with another Connor adventure given those elements as a basis, Not everything the Assassins did centered around major historical moments. ,
Connor rebuilding the order would be a given - perhaps training young 'Hunter' from the Homestead (could be our 1st African/american Assassin).............

Eternal Reward
04-10-2013, 03:19 AM
I could see Connor having a role in England with John Adams, or in the war of 1812.

French Revolution.....eh, thats just too far fetched.

pirate1802
04-10-2013, 03:25 AM
Done and done..

ProletariatPleb
04-10-2013, 03:27 AM
Well . Nothing interesting happens after that 'in the history books' ......... But so far from AC3 & Connor , we have the Frontier , Boston, NY & Homestead characters fully established & Connor knowing the location of the Grand temple., along with Connor knowing of Washington's Apple .

Wouldn't be a great leap to come up with another Connor adventure given those elements as a basis, Not everything the Assassins did centered around major historical moments. ,
Connor rebuilding the order would be a given - perhaps training young 'Hunter' from the Homestead (could be our 1st African/american Assassin).............
But it's an ASSASSIN'S Creed game, who are we going to kill? Someone of note has to die, and someone of note is in history books.

roostersrule2
04-10-2013, 03:29 AM
Signed.

TheLordTim
04-10-2013, 03:32 AM
Also signed.

(Thanks for continuing to carry the flame, FirestarLuva. :) )

Eternal Reward
04-10-2013, 03:34 AM
Done.

montagemik
04-10-2013, 04:03 AM
But it's an ASSASSIN'S Creed game, who are we going to kill? Someone of note has to die, and someone of note is in history books.

Templars perhaps ..........General colonial injustice ........... slave traders ........... like i said , not Everything Assassin's did centered around major historical events - So major historical people aren't essential either. .
All that's needed is a reason to be reliving/replaying Connor's memories ......................... Connor - Abstergo - Juno threat - Grand temple - Washington's apple ......... Not difficult to create something from that to tide us over until AC 5 releases

Assassin_M
04-10-2013, 05:03 AM
5 of the 9 people Altair Assassinates were fictional..

ProletariatPleb
04-10-2013, 05:13 AM
5 of the 9 people Altair Assassinates were fictional..
But it had the backdrop of war going on. That's what I'm saying, nothing as such happens for a long time.

Assassin_M
04-10-2013, 05:18 AM
But it had the backdrop of war going on. That's what I'm saying, nothing as such happens for a long time.
Was AC II`s backdrop anything really meaningful ? It was just Renaissance...so was ACR...there doesn't have to be a war or a significant historical event

ProletariatPleb
04-10-2013, 05:19 AM
Was AC II`s backdrop anything really meaningful ? It was just Renaissance...so was ACR...there doesn't have to be a war or a significant historical event
RENAISSANCE, you said it.

Assassin_M
04-10-2013, 05:21 AM
RENAISSANCE, you said it.
But that`s not a War or historical event...more like an era in history...

ProletariatPleb
04-10-2013, 05:22 AM
But that`s not a War or historical event...more like an era in history...
You're missing the point, it had historical significance.

Assassin_M
04-10-2013, 05:29 AM
You're missing the point, it had historical significance.
Age of enlightenment then ?? It was around that time. A Connor game can focus more on that than War

ProletariatPleb
04-10-2013, 05:31 AM
Age of enlightenment then ?? It was around that time. A Connor game can focus more on that than War
Never heard of any 'age of enlightenment' after the revolution so maybe you're right. The thing is, they can take him to another place where something of note is happening, afterall, his people left him. But I don't know if bringing a native american to a random country will work.

Assassin_M
04-10-2013, 05:37 AM
Never heard of any 'age of enlightenment' after the revolution so maybe you're right. The thing is, they can take him to another place where something of note is happening, afterall, his people left him. But I don't know if bringing a native american to a random country will work.
That`s probably the thing that would make it magical. Connor doesn't belong anywhere, lets face it, but who he IS makes him a perfect person for any place. He`s not "me kill white man" and he`s not "Oi, Sir..up for some tea ?" His manners, his informal education and ability to adapt...it`s all there

Ezio`s description of the Assassin Order fits this. love of people and cultures. it does not matter if you don't fit, hell, Shao Jun was in Italy..that probably never happened in real life...a Chinese going to Europe I mean..

It can work, provided someone has enough sense and talent to make it so

AjinkyaParuleka
04-10-2013, 07:13 AM
Chill guys....The Kenway Saga hasn't ended yet.

BATISTABUS
04-10-2013, 07:23 AM
I'm not sure if this is what you guys are talking about, but I'll just slide this in anyway. I simply cannot see Connor going to France for his next game. Everything Connor did, he did for his people, and he would not be able to fight for them if he wasn't in the Americas. Yes, he might need some help building up the Brotherhood, but it would make more sense for a European Mentor to come to him (like Ezio with Constantinople). It would be a very foolish move to leave a young country and a small Brotherhood.

"I may never succeed. The Assassins may struggle another thousand years in vain. But we will not stop." Not only is this Connor's attitude and the Assassin's attitude, but it is also the attitude of Native Americans. The idea of persistence is very strong with them, and even though you might think their conflict is "over", it most certainly is not. Because of this, I really think it would be out of character for Connor to get involved in anything quite so separate (geographically and motivationally) from his people. Connor was not a Son of Liberty, and if the French really needed help with their revolution, there are plenty of better candidates.

TRUKITTN
04-10-2013, 07:46 AM
I think I can make a case for a believable Connor sequel in which he does not die with my Adams in England scenario. With it being right after the revolutionary war, it was still a time of historical significance. Especially for the US. As for the people who kicked the bucket, its almost too easy to find a list of noteworthy folk (some more than others, of course) on wikipedia who met their demise in whatever year you want.

I just did a teeny tiny bit of research for the time frame (1785-1788). I sifted through the list of people who died for a only a few minutes until the morbidity got to me. But in that short time I managed to find several prominent members of parliament, the church and a very interesting Dentist/writer of influence to King George who passed relatively young in those years. I'm pretty sure most Dentists are Templars or templar sympathizers. Also John Adams in England had to deal with lots of hate and he wasn't the most popular guy even in his own Country. I could see them working that into a Templar plotline. Similar to them trying to displace Washington with Lee. As an added bonus, the house Adams had in England is still standing too, if they needed a snazzy home to be upgraded.

But wait, there's more. Adams was very much against the idea of slavery. He didn't own any slaves himself. Instead he employed free blacks on his homesteads. It's something that might catch Connor's attention, at least enough to make him think Adams worthy of being protected from Templar threats. And the small gap of time between the end of AC3 and this scenario allows for strengthening of his recruits and setting one of them up to lead while he's gone. (I'm partial to Clipper. ) Also, Connor did express a desire to see other places and again, the whole Templar Dad that tried to kill him thing that he might want to look into if given the chance.

Reading back over this I feel like such a dork, but it was fun.

Still not signing it, though...

lothario-da-be
04-10-2013, 11:16 AM
Gonna keep sharing this everywhere until it has 10000+ signers :p. CONNOR FTW!!

UrDeviant1
04-10-2013, 11:27 AM
Nah. We need our protags to have more personality and charisma. Connor's a sad ugly virgin.

lothario-da-be
04-10-2013, 11:36 AM
Nah. We need our protags to have more personality and charisma. Connor's a sad ugly virgin.
How dare you say this about little cute Conie?

UrDeviant1
04-10-2013, 11:43 AM
How dare you say this about little cute Conie?

Little? That bumbling oaf must weight at least 250lbs. War himself would tremble at the sight of his biceps and laterals.

MasterAssasin84
04-10-2013, 12:09 PM
Signed !! i would love to see another Connor game.

ZeldaEmblem
04-10-2013, 12:29 PM

are you serious? Connor? UGLY???

i know beauty is a subjective matter, but Connor's look is the reason why he gets more fangirls than Ezio. not to mention the fact that he's a virgin seems to make the girls love him even more. :p (i'm one of them by the way)

Back on topic, I signed days ago. twice actually :nonchalance:

UrDeviant1
04-10-2013, 12:56 PM
are you serious? Connor? UGLY???

i know beauty is a subjective matter, but Connor's look is the reason why he gets more fangirls than Ezio. not to mention the fact that he's a virgin seems to make the girls love him even more. :p (i'm one of them by the way)

Back on topic, I signed days ago. twice actually :nonchalance:

You didn't mention the part where I said he lacked personality and charisma. Is the only reason you want him back because he's good looking and hasn't had sex yet?

(I'm breaking your metaphorical testicles here ;)

doogsy91
04-10-2013, 12:57 PM
It's fair enough that some loved Connor and others hated him but I think one game is enough per ancestor. I liked Ezio but he did not need two let alone three games. His story had been told by the end of ACII and to me, it just felt like they were treading water with Brotherhood. Similarly, Connor's story has been told. We've seen him grow into the person he is and once that vast quantity of character development has been and gone, I don't think there is enough left to explore without the character seeming somewhat bland and boring as I felt Ezio did in ACB. For this reason, I think it best that we get to explore a new ancestor from go to woe in each and every title.

TheHumanTowel
04-10-2013, 01:00 PM
It's fair enough that some loved Connor and others hated him but I think one game is enough per ancestor. I liked Ezio but he did not need two let alone three games. His story had been told by the end of ACII and to me, it just felt like they were treading water with Brotherhood. Similarly, Connor's story has been told. We've seen him grow into the person he is and once that vast quantity of character development has been and gone, I don't think there is enough left to explore without the character seeming somewhat bland and boring as I felt Ezio did in ACB. For this reason, I think it best that we get to explore a new ancestor from go to woe in each and every title.
This. I hope they go back to one game per ancestor from now on.

pacmanate
04-10-2013, 01:06 PM
1. "Our aim is to enlighten others about Connor's true character, how much of an impact he has made not only to the aboriginal community, but to people of all nations and creed as well, and to bring him back for an Assassin's Creed III sequel.

Back in the Autumn/Winter of 2012, Ubisoft has stated that Assassin’s Creed III sequels depend on the audience’s reaction to Connor. Source: http://goo.gl/7L9Hk

Thus, many of us have gathered all over the globe to pour our support for Connor and show Ubisoft that we are willing to spend our money to see him return in an AC3 sequel.
We’ve all seen them, the posts claiming that Connor Kenway was “too boring”, that he “lacked emotion” and that he was a “terrible Assassin” and shouldn’t have another game. 2. We know they’re wrong. We’ve seen the retaliations, the eloquent and well-written rebuttals and essays on what a fantastic character he is and that he is so much more then what some people think he is. It’s time to rally together and show Ubisoft that there are those of us who see the profound, unexplored potential of this character. We know that there is so much more left to his story. It’s time to show Ubisoft that we want more of this character, that we, as fans and consumers, will support and buy another game and, most importantly, that we are willing to fight for it!

HA! Okay where do I start.

1. Your aim is to enlighten the Connor "Haters" about his true character? Urm, HOW? How can the public who have NO involvement in his character development tell everyone else what his true character is? This is just stupid.

2. You know people that think Connor is bland are wrong? Again, What? Sure you have seen people write about how they like him, thats just stating the obvious, not everyone in the world hated him so to even bring that up makes no sense.

Also this Kenway trilogy was already pre planned, you will probably get another Connor game after AC4 anyway. But don't expect him to be any less bland as he is getting pretty old by the end of AC3.

Sushiglutton
04-10-2013, 01:13 PM
Connor was decent, but I do not want another game with him. I was no fan of his rough manners and Noah's voicework did not work for me at all. Edward seems like a much more exciting and charismatic (this is not an ugly word for me btw) character. Wouldn't mind if Connor showed up in some way in the third part of the Kenway saga though. Preferably not as the main lead.

pacmanate
04-10-2013, 01:14 PM
Connor was decent, but I do not want another game with him. I was no fan of his rough manners and Noah's voicework did not work for me at all. Edward seems like a much more exciting and charismatic (this is not an ugly word for me btw) character. Wouldn't mind if Connor showed up in some way in the third part of the Kenway saga though. Preferably not as the main lead.

Preferably his grave.

Sushiglutton
04-10-2013, 01:15 PM
Preferably his grave.

I lacked the guts to say this, but yeah pretty much :D

ze_topazio
04-10-2013, 01:23 PM
How do you people know he's a virgin? http://i.imgur.com/X8arTYa.gif

But don't expect him to be any less bland as he is getting pretty old by the end of AC3.

He's only 27 at the end of AC3

pacmanate
04-10-2013, 01:28 PM

What, you expect him to get more fun after this point? He lost everything, everything he did to save his village in AC3 was for nothing. He ended up driving his people away and he also lost Achilles in the process. Do you know how depressing that would be for a person? How can his character possibly get any better or more lighthearted after that? Not to mention the regret and guilt he felt for his father.

Will_Lucky
04-10-2013, 01:45 PM

27 was midlife in that era, the lifespan of Ezio and Altair was quite frankly ridiculous.

ZeldaEmblem
04-10-2013, 01:49 PM
You didn't mention the part where I said he lacked personality and charisma. Is the only reason you want him back because he's good looking and hasn't had sex yet?

(I'm breaking your metaphorical testicles here ;)

but I don't think I need to mention the "Connor has no personality and charisma" thing , because there are tons of valid posts proving otherwise. I'm sure you get bored reading them so I didn't want to mention it.

and did I actually said I want him back because he's hot? I only said he has more fangirls than Ezio. at least read carefully before you post :p

UrDeviant1
04-10-2013, 02:08 PM
and did I actually said I want him back because he's hot? I only said he has more fangirls than Ezio. at least read carefully before you post :p

Did you notice the question mark I put at the end of the sentence? That means I was asking a question - The question being whether or not those were the only 2 reasons. At least read more carefully before you post :p

MasterAssasin84
04-10-2013, 02:15 PM
What, you expect him to get more fun after this point? He lost everything, everything he did to save his village in AC3 was for nothing. He ended up driving his people away and he also lost Achilles in the process. Do you know how depressing that would be for a person? How can his character possibly get any better or more lighthearted after that? Not to mention the regret and guilt he felt for his father.

The novel does say that he returns to the brotherhood so there is no indication that he is dead, but he could get more interesting i mean i thought Ezio in Revelations was fantastic.

BATISTABUS
04-10-2013, 02:30 PM

Noah Watts said that's what Corey May told him. He said he wasn't sure if he was joking or not, but it makes sense.

MasterAssasin84
04-10-2013, 02:46 PM
Noah Watts said that's what Corey May told him. He said he wasn't sure if he was joking or not, but it makes sense.

Well i do remember Connor promising himself to Dobby Carter should he decide that he would ever want sew his oats as they say lool !!

pacmanate
04-10-2013, 02:50 PM
The novel does say that he returns to the brotherhood so there is no indication that he is dead, but he could get more interesting i mean i thought Ezio in Revelations was fantastic.

I never said Connor was Dead :|

MasterAssasin84
04-10-2013, 03:00 PM
I never said Connor was Dead :|

I may of worded my reply wrong lol !! my bad, alot of people seem to think he is dead so i was just generalising, on topic i think i have mentioned this before i would like to see a game with Connor were he travels to Europe to seek out his families legacy ? i mean maybe because of the guilt he felt for killing his father its a sentimental Journey that gets him knee deep into the war with the Templars .

I know we saw something similar like this with Ezio but with Connor it could be more about family !

pacmanate
04-10-2013, 03:02 PM
I may of worded my reply wrong lol !! my bad, alot of people seem to think he is dead so i was just generalising, on topic i think i have mentioned this before i would like to see a game with Connor were he travels to Europe to seek out his families legacy ? i mean maybe because of the guilt he felt for killing his father its a sentimental Journey that gets him knee deep into the war with the Templars .

I know we saw something similar like this with Ezio but with Connor it could be more about family !

Ive only just started to read Forsaken and that's all about Connor reading Haythems journal about himself, Edward, Reginald etc. There would be no need to seak out anything as the only thing close to being 100% true is what Haytham wrote.

TinyTemplar
04-10-2013, 03:09 PM
I want to see Connor, Ezio, Haytham and Altair in one game. Where to sign?

ze_topazio
04-10-2013, 03:31 PM
I want to see Connor, Ezio, Haytham and Altair in one game. Where to sign?

Super Assassin's Creed Fighters Megamix

MasterAssasin84
04-10-2013, 03:31 PM
Ive only just started to read Forsaken and that's all about Connor reading Haythems journal about himself, Edward, Reginald etc. There would be no need to seak out anything as the only thing close to being 100% true is what Haytham wrote.

Oh i know but the point is that would be an excellent opportunity make a game on the basis that he goes to London to find out about his families legacy going back to Edward Kenway because Connor only learned of Haythams past not his grandfathers which sees Connor being pulled into another battle.

Assassin_M
04-10-2013, 03:47 PM
Once again, if you think this is silly or you are in any way disinterested, no need for snarky or irrelevant remarks that serve no purpose whatsoever..this is CLEARLY a thread for those who want Connor back, you`re free to share your opinion about how Connor is boring and bland in the feedback thread, you wish to voice your opinion on THIS ? do not sign the petition...win-win for all..

Thank you
Like I said

Sushiglutton
04-10-2013, 04:19 PM
Like I said

That's not how a forum works. Everyone is allowed to post anyting in every thread, as long as they follow the rules. If you have a problem with any of the posts, use the report button. I don't want another Connor game and I will voice that opinion whenever I feel like it (following the rules and respecting other posters ofc).

Assassin_M
04-10-2013, 04:25 PM
That's not how a forum works. Everyone is allowed to post anyting in every thread, as long as they follow the rules. If you have a problem with any of the posts, use the report button. I don't want another Connor game and I will voice that opinion whenever I feel like it (following the rules and respecting other posters ofc).
Every time with this stupid "how forum works" excuse

report button it is then

ze_topazio
04-10-2013, 04:33 PM
I have nothing against Connor and wouldn't mind a sequel with him but, quite frankly, i think this is lame, what's with people this days making online petitions for everything?! besides, nobody takes online petitions seriously since anyone can sign multiple times under different names.

silvermercy
04-10-2013, 04:44 PM
I just like how people request that this does not turn into some kind of Connor bashing thread and it attracts the bashers like flies. LOL If you don't wanna sigh, don't sign, simples. No need to go on full rage mode on why you're not signing. This thread is not for you. It is for signers.

A lot of AVAAZ petitions btw, have forced even governments to action. Maybe not this one, but online petitions actually work.

As for Connor being a virgin... Desmond.

Assassin_M
04-10-2013, 04:46 PM
I just like how people request that this does not turn into some kind of Connor bashing thread and it attracts the bashers like flies. LOL If you don't wanna sigh, don't sign, simples no need to go on fill rage mode on why you're not signing. This thread is for signers.

A lot of AVAAZ petitions btw, have forced even governments to action. Maybe not for this one, but online petitions actually work.

Yeah it`s like making a thread solely for bashing Connor, do you want Connor fans anywhere near there ?? NO

Sushiglutton
04-10-2013, 04:56 PM
I just like how people request that this does not turn into some kind of Connor bashing thread and it attracts the bashers like flies. LOL If you don't wanna sigh, don't sign, simples. No need to go on full rage mode on why you're not signing. This thread is not for you. It is for signers.

A lot of AVAAZ petitions btw, have forced even governments to action. Maybe not this one, but online petitions actually work.

I am not raging. I am calmly stating the facts as I see them, and voice my opinion on the topic ;). I know petitions do work that's why I want to take part in the discussion to show that there are different opinions on the matter and that I hope that Ubi won't do another Connor game.

Yeah it`s like making a thread solely for bashing Connor, do you want Connor fans anywhere near there ?? NO

Ofc you don't want anyone to disagree with your opinion. Howvere that is a part of an open public discussion. I have never tried to silence anyone because they disagreed with my opinion.

silvermercy
04-10-2013, 04:57 PM
hahaha! Exactly!!

And I just confessed my eternal love to Connor in that thread. It must be so annoying to haters. Along with my hate for Ezio. XD

Assassin_M
04-10-2013, 04:57 PM
I am not raging. I am calmly stating the facts as I see them, and voice my opinion on the topic ;). I know petitions do work that's why I want to take part in the discussion to show that there are different opinions on the matter and that I hope that Ubi won't do another Connor game.
http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/764589-Why-we-dislike-Connor-and-do-not-want-him-in-another-game

MasterAssasin84
04-10-2013, 05:00 PM

This is what i am finding that when someone states that they want Connor back then the Connor bashings starts !! the age old naaa he was boring he had no personality he was bland blah blah blah , not one person stops to think that when ubi announced ACR there was hardly any complaints because aparantly Ezio appeals to the wider audience.

Now there is a marginal number of fans that want to see Connor return and in turn their opinions are being slammed because he just simply wasnt some people's ideal choice.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion and to voice it which is what we are all here for but i believe in respecting someones opinion not shooting them down.

Sushiglutton
04-10-2013, 05:05 PM
This is what i am finding that when someone states that they want Connor back then the Connor bashings starts !! the age old naaa he was boring he had no personality he was bland blah blah blah , not one person stops to think that when ubi announced ACR there was hardly any complaints because aparantly Ezio appeals to the wider audience.

Now there is a marginal number of fans that want to see Connor return and in turn their opinions are being slammed because he just simply wasnt some people's ideal choice.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion and to voice it which is what we are all here for but i believe in respecting someones opinion not shooting them down.

Ofc you need to be respectful to other posters, that is one of the rules of the forum. And if someone is disrespectful I expect the mods to step in and do something about it. However M is not a mod. He does not decide where I, or anyone else, is allowed to post.

Assassin_M
04-10-2013, 05:08 PM
M is not a mod. He does not decide where I, or anyone else, is allowed to post.
Really ? so that`s your whole problem ? you want a mod to tell you "Keep this positive thread for Connor fans and that negative thread for non-connor fans" ??

Fine

UrDeviant1
04-10-2013, 05:09 PM
Really ? so that`s your whole problem ? you want a mod to tell you "Keep this positive thread for Connor fans and that negative thread for non-connor fans" ??

Fine

I think he was suggesting that his posts about not wanting another Connor game were in no way breaking the rules.

roostersrule2
04-10-2013, 05:10 PM

FineWell that backfired then didn't it.

Assassin_M
04-10-2013, 05:10 PM
I think he was suggesting that his posts about not wanting another Connor game were in no way breaking the rules.
I never said they were breaking the rules now did i ?

Assassin_M
04-10-2013, 05:11 PM
Well that backfired then didn't it.
Which is strange since Shade commanded me once on a thread thanking Ubisoft when i said "I thank the devs, not the corporation" to keep that thread positive

UrDeviant1
04-10-2013, 05:12 PM
I never said they were breaking the rules now did i ?

I never said you did. But he expressed his right to post them here knowing they in no way break the rules.

silvermercy
04-10-2013, 05:15 PM
I never said you did. But he expressed his right to post them here knowing they in no way break the rules.
That's what people are questioning. Why exercise your freedom to post by coming to a Connor FAN thread to bash Connor? It's like me not liking vegetarian food and going to a vegetarian thread to bash vegetables. What's the point?

UrDeviant1
04-10-2013, 05:16 PM
That's what people are questioning. Why exercise your freedom to post by coming to a Connor FAN thread to bash Connor? It's like me don't like eating vegetarian food and going to a vegetarian thread to bash vegetables. What's the point?

Because other people like to speak out about things they disagree with. Ikr.

Sushiglutton
04-10-2013, 05:16 PM

Fine

Yes, this is Ubisoft's board and they make the rules. If I have violated those rules they are free to take a number of actions to correct me, which I'm cool with. I will not take orders from members though.

silvermercy
04-10-2013, 05:17 PM
Because other people like to speak out about things they disagree with. Ikr.
And there are countless other threads to do so. Not FAN threads.

Assassin_M
04-10-2013, 05:17 PM
That's what people are questioning. Why exercise your freedom to post by coming to a Connor FAN thread to bash Connor? It's like me don't like eating vegetarian food and going to a vegetarian thread to bash vegetables. What's the point?
It`s also like that holster petition thread and the hood thread. When people "expressed their opinions" by saying how silly the OPs of these threads are, everyone jumped up and said "If you don't want don't post" or something such like that.

I mean, i`m not doing this out of the blue and i`m not a new guy here, I`v seen how most things work and THIS IS weird..

roostersrule2
04-10-2013, 05:19 PM
That's what people are questioning. Why exercise your freedom to post by coming to a Connor FAN thread to bash Connor? It's like me not liking vegetarian food and going to a vegetarian thread to bash vegetables. What's the point?But this is a petition he had every right to not sign it and explain why he did not.

VitaminsXYZ
04-10-2013, 05:20 PM
That's what people are questioning. Why exercise your freedom to post by coming to a Connor FAN thread to bash Connor? It's like me not liking vegetarian food and going to a vegetarian thread to bash vegetables. What's the point?

You have some interesting analogies. XD

In any case, I never saw this as a Connor fan thread. It was more just "sign this petition if you're interested." Of course we'll be getting people who don't agree, and will want to post why. And so far they've all remained respectful, so I don't really see a problem with that.

And how often does a forum actually remain positive? lol

UrDeviant1
04-10-2013, 05:21 PM
And there are countless other threads to do so. Not FAN threads.

Actually there isn't. The thread M just made dedicated to why people dislike Connor has been locked by MrShade. We don't live in a world where peoples views can sit in a pretty little box and never come under scrutiny. Hate is everywhere.

silvermercy
04-10-2013, 05:22 PM
But this is a petition he had every right to not sign it and explain why he did not.
And what's the point of that? None. Signers will still sign.

silvermercy
04-10-2013, 05:23 PM
And how come I have seen so many Connor bashing posts while I'm here!? Strange...

montagemik
04-10-2013, 05:24 PM

Opinions - That's the point ............... People feel the need to express theirs over others . (that's just my opinion of course)

UrDeviant1
04-10-2013, 05:24 PM
And what's the point of that? None.

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lvv4jvx4xj1qemoij.png

roostersrule2
04-10-2013, 05:26 PM
And what's the point of that? None. Signers will still sign.Yes they will, people who want to sign can sign and post why they signed without any criticism Why should the ones who didn't sign and explained why they didn't sign cop some?

silvermercy
04-10-2013, 05:27 PM
Yes, exactly how i feel when i see Connor bashing posts in a Connor FAN thread.

Assassin_M
04-10-2013, 05:27 PM
that`s what i`v been saying, when people made threads about ambient music and the hood and someone attacked the OPs of these threads, everyone defended the OP and said "don't like, don't post" SUPPOSEDLY, i assumed that applied here as well, but apparently not...WHICH IS STRANGER STILL, since Shade once commanded me when I showed subtle hints of negativity on a positive thread to REMAIN POSITIVE..

silvermercy
04-10-2013, 05:28 PM
Yes they will, people who want to sign can sign and post why they signed without any criticism Why should the ones who didn't sign and explained why they didn't sign cop some?
They didn't explain they bashed. I repeat this was supposed to be a FAN thread. It was made CLEAR as day from the beginning. Folks did not see the request obviously or ignored it.

silvermercy
04-10-2013, 05:29 PM
Opinions - That's the point ............... People feel the need to express theirs over others . (that's just my opinion of course)
And I will repeat again. it was made clear from the beginning this was supposed to be a FAN thread with no Connor bashing. Why people ignore such requests?

UrDeviant1
04-10-2013, 05:30 PM
You can't just section off a thread and demand that people with opposing views do not post. That's like refusing to sit at the same table as someone eating meat because you're a vegetarian. Lamesauce is what it is.

silvermercy
04-10-2013, 05:31 PM
You can't just section off a thread and demand that people with opposing views do not post. That's like refusing to sit at the same table as someone eating meat because you're a vegetarian. Lamesauce is what it is.
People demand it in other threads. Why not here? Because it's a CONNOR FAN thread? Is it so bad to want a bashing-free Connor thread without ANY bashing opinions of why people are not signing? It was made clear from the start.

ACfan443
04-10-2013, 05:31 PM
I like Connor and want him to return. I signed the petition yesterday. But is 300 signatures enough?

Sushiglutton
04-10-2013, 05:32 PM
And what's the point of that? None. Signers will still sign.

Just wanted to voice my opinion and give a short reasoning why I felt that way. I'm not running a political campaign or anything :).

UrDeviant1
04-10-2013, 05:33 PM
People demand it in other threads. Why not here? Because it's a CONNOR FAN thread? Is it so bad to want a bashing-free Connor thread without ANY opinions of why people are not signing?

Oh so because people (wrongly) demand it in other threads that makes it ok to do here. Ok gotcha.

Assassin_M
*facepalm*

do you people read what I post ? IT HAS BEEN DONE BEFORE ON NUMEROUS THREADS....on positive threads, on hood threads, on ambient music threads...those with opposing views were respectfully requested to not post if they`re not interested in the gripe of the OP...why this does not apply HERE ??? I`V NO IDEA

Mr_Shade
You can't just section off a thread and demand that people with opposing views do not post.

Indeed...

BUT - You can ASK nicely.. which I tend to do..

Guys, if you don't agree with the subject matter of a thread - try and discuss WHY - don't just post a short message and leave it at that.. or consider letting the thread live without comment.. posting comments purely to enrage others = trolling..

Other than that - it's a public forum, so lets try and keep it civil...

silvermercy
04-10-2013, 05:35 PM
Oh so because people (wrongly) demand it in other threads that makes it ok to do here. Ok gotcha.
If you find it wrong, it doesn't mean others find it wrong, too. Hey, I'm just going by the responses here.
And I don't know about other threads but FAN threads are SUPPOSED to be bash-free. Nothing wrong with that!?

It's all about being respectful!

UrDeviant1
04-10-2013, 05:36 PM
*facepalm*

do you people read what I post ? IT HAS BEEN DONE BEFORE ON NUMEROUS THREADS....on positive threads, on hood threads, on ambient music threads...those with opposing views were respectfully requested to not post if they`re not interested in the gripe of the OP...why this does not apply HERE ??? I`V NO IDEA

Yeah sorry man I just read it. Personally I think any author of a post is wrong to ask that opposing views remain out of their thread. But that's just my...opinion.

Mr_Shade
04-10-2013, 05:39 PM
Yeah sorry man I just read it. Personally I think any author of a post is wrong to ask that opposing views remain out of their thread. But that's just my...opinion.
Well it happens a lot - normally the haters don't want anything positive said about a certain thing - so the door swings both ways..

There is nothing wrong with the odd bit of positivity on the forums - if that means people have to ask nicely for it - or be a nice calm debate - so be it ;)

UrDeviant1
04-10-2013, 05:43 PM
Well it happens a lot - normally the haters don't want anything positive said about a certain thing - so the door swings both ways..

There is nothing wrong with the odd bit of positivity on the forums - if that means people have to ask nicely for it - or be a nice calm debate - so be it ;)

I'd rather hear both sides of the story. Take Sushigluttons first post. He disagreed with the petition and gave a brief explanation as to why, in a respectful way, yet still came under scrutiny. People can hope for an all positive thread but lets face it that will never happen when people have different views to one another.

Sushiglutton
04-10-2013, 05:46 PM
Indeed...

BUT - You can ASK nicely.. which I tend to do..

Guys, if you don't agree with the subject matter of a thread - try and discuss WHY - don't just post a short message and leave it at that.. or consider letting the thread live without comment.. posting comments purely to enrage others = trolling..

Other than that - it's a public forum, so lets try and keep it civil...

I wrote this, which I think is fine.

If TC had asked nicely in his OP for no criticism I would most likely have respected that. However in this case it was M who just started to give orders and mod other memebers. I won't take that.

Assassin_M
04-10-2013, 05:48 PM
If TC had asked nicely in his OP for no criticism I would most likely have respected that. However in this case it was M who just started to give orders and mod other memebers. I won't take that.
calm down, tough guy....What a rebel...you sent chills down my keyboard, son

montagemik
04-10-2013, 05:51 PM
They didn't explain they bashed. I repeat this was supposed to be a FAN thread. It was made CLEAR as day from the beginning. Folks did not see the request obviously or ignored it.

No - This was supposed to be a General Discussion thread topic , It just had unrealistic restrictions & expectations included .

As you said before - Signers will still Sign .....................So why any disagreement about connor is a problem for you is a mystery - Shouldn't change the outcome.

Sushiglutton
04-10-2013, 05:51 PM
calm down, tough guy....What a rebel...you sent chills down my keyboard, son

I am very relaxed. Enjoying a lovely chicken sandwhich and a glass of milk :)

silvermercy
04-10-2013, 05:53 PM
No - This was supposed to be a General Discussion thread topic , It just had unrealistic restrictions & expectations included .

As you said before - Signers will still Sign .....................So why any disagreement about connor is a problem for you is a mystery - Shouldn't change the outcome.
Well, we think differently then. For me it's a no-brainer that a Connor PETITION thread started by a Connor fan is Connor FAN thread.
What walks like a duck... is a Connor fan thread.

Assassin_M
04-10-2013, 05:54 PM

You know, I can play that card too, but it`s getting old and annoying....

montagemik
04-10-2013, 05:58 PM
I like Connor and want him to return. I signed the petition yesterday. But is 300 signatures enough?

300 signatures from over 10,000,000 sales .................. Could just be the incentive Ubisoft needs to give it the 'Green' light .

AjinkyaParuleka
04-10-2013, 05:59 PM
Keep Calm and wait for the Kenway Saga to continue.
Seriously,the moment someone says Connor has zero personality,I loose faith in humanity.He has much better personality than Ezio was.Dunno why people want playboys as assassins.

silvermercy
04-10-2013, 06:00 PM
300 signatures from over 10,000,000 sales .................. Could just be the incentive Ubisoft needs to give it the 'Green' light .
And... above is just another example of disrespectful (sarcastic) post in a Connor FAN thread. Seriously folks? Seriously?

Assassin_M
04-10-2013, 06:02 PM
Above is an example of disrespectful (sarcastic) post in a Connor FAN thread.
Just stop....Everyone is gong to say "No it`s not disrespectful you`re just too sensitive lolololo" don't you know the rules ? you`re always wrong

TinyTemplar
04-10-2013, 06:03 PM
I believe that if it was petition for bringing back Altair, we could have better result.

silvermercy
04-10-2013, 06:03 PM
Just stop....Everyone is gong to say "No it`s not disrespectful you`re just too sensitive lolololo" don't you know the rules ? you`re always wrong
Ah yes, forgot about that. I am waiting of posts this bashing post is just an expression of opinion etc. You're totally right. Will try not to do that again. As a Connor fan I am always wrong. Forgot about that.

silvermercy
04-10-2013, 06:05 PM
I believe that if it was petition for bringing back Altair, we could have better result.
Somebody should do it and see. The results are all about how well it spreads and if it goes "viral".

Assassin_M
04-10-2013, 06:05 PM
Ah yes, forgot about that. I am waiting of posts this bashing post is just an expression of opinion etc. You're totally right. Will try not to do that again. As a Connor fan I am always wrong. Forgot about that.
just like here...

See ?? this in no way implies that Connor doesnt have many fans (which was disproven time and time again) and this in no way implies that Altair is a better character than Connor...oh no no no no noooooo

montagemik
04-10-2013, 06:07 PM
Well, we think differently then. For me it's a no-brainer that a Connor PETITION thread started by a Connor fan is Connor FAN thread.
What walks like a duck... is a Connor fan thread.

No , you see you're thinking of a Discussion involving only like minded people ................. I'm pointing out it's a thread Topic on a General discussion board of a public forum .

Two completely different things , For me the difference is Obvious. "unrealistic restrictions & expectations included. "

UrDeviant1
04-10-2013, 06:07 PM
Connor ate all the pies.

silvermercy
04-10-2013, 06:08 PM
just like here...

See ?? this in no way implies that Connor doesnt have many fans (which was disproven time and time again) and this in no way implies that Altair is a better character than Connor...oh no no no no noooooo[/COLOR]
Yes, we are always wrong! Constantly! It does in NO WAY imply Altair has more fans (which is not true actually) in a Connor thread. We are wrong. Wrong I tell you!!!

silvermercy
No , you see you're thinking of a Discussion involving only like minded people ................. I'm pointing out it's a thread Topic on a General discussion board of a public forum .

Two completely different things , For me the difference is Obvious. "unrealistic restrictions & expectations included. "
Great. At least we agree we think differently.

Mr_Shade
Just stop....

Well said.

Supporters can sign the petition..

Those who don't want to - don't have to.

If anyone posts something others do not agree with - either ignore, or accept that not everyone will have the same view point, and try to have a discussion - or just walk away.

The post's won't alter the intention of the thread.. supporters will still sign - haters gonna hate..

I will ask that both sides - post in a civil way - otherwise this thread is going to be VERY empty in a bit...

ACfan443
04-10-2013, 06:11 PM

It was a rhetorical question..

Assassin_M
04-10-2013, 06:17 PM
otherwise this thread is going to be VERY empty in a bit...
You`ll ban everyone ? :eek:

UrDeviant1
04-10-2013, 06:18 PM
You gotta think to yourself, "what would Ubisoft do in this situation". Conclusion: Stop taking this so seriously.

TRUKITTN
04-10-2013, 06:19 PM
I am so confused... what happened to this thread? I left it last night, happily nerding out over Baby America and her begrudging, unheard of hero. Wondering if I could actually hope for a sequel that wouldn't feature his demise. Checking in now, I see it's dissolved into a hostile mess. This is exactly what is wrong with the gaming community today. I think I know what post started it, but I won't point it out. It's fairly obvious going back to see which anti-Connor opinion was written in an attempt to rile up his supporters.

I don't agree with sanctioning threads for certain viewpoints, but if your viewpoint is in opposition to the subject of a thread, hateful and insulting remarks are really not the best way to express it. You'll never win anyone to your case, and it just makes you look bitter. So, express your opinion without hostility and respect the unconverted. It's really not that difficult. :/

And to remain at least slightly on topic. Still not signing it till I get that promise that they won't kill him off in the game. But I'm sorta rooting for you guys to spite myself.

Mr_Shade
04-10-2013, 06:22 PM
You`ll ban everyone ? :eek:
No..

I'll just delete all of the posts... and you guys can try and start again....

ACfan443
04-10-2013, 06:23 PM
No..

I would actually love that, do it!

Assassin_M
04-10-2013, 06:23 PM
No..

That doesn't sound like such a bad idea actually

TinyTemplar
04-10-2013, 06:24 PM
I believe that Ubi are really discussing the idea to release another Connor's game someday (and I can't say the same thing about Altair).

silvermercy
04-10-2013, 06:24 PM
But with some kind of a warning please! So it doesn't start again. Trukkitn nailed it. Leave that at least.

ze_topazio
04-10-2013, 07:25 PM
Can't we all just get along?

http://media.tumblr.com/862ae29efc23b10bb07b5df539baa246/tumblr_inline_mjddy6jcUu1qiw26m.gif

Spider_Sith9
04-10-2013, 08:13 PM
I stopped going to these forums because the Assassin/Templar split got so bad and always got so damn serious I was like "**** it, I'm out." Heh, didn't think I'd actually leave, eh?

I return to find a war. This is not the tumblr thread and it hurts. How can people just switch personalities that fast? I'm reading the threads to find out the truth. Maybe the truth will drive me mad though. Whatever was posted must've really set people off.

UrDeviant1
04-10-2013, 08:17 PM
I stopped going to these forums because the Assassin/Templar split got so bad and always got so damn serious I was like "**** it, I'm out." Heh, didn't think I'd actually leave, eh?

I return to find a war. This is not the tumblr thread and it hurts. How can people just switch personalities that fast? I'm reading the threads to find out the truth. Maybe the truth will drive me mad though. Whatever was posted must've really set people off.

Oh, I thought you left because you found out Desmond doesn't have a daughter.

wapikas
04-10-2013, 08:18 PM
NO

Assassin_M
04-10-2013, 08:18 PM
Oh, I thought you left because you found out Desmond doesn't have a daughter.
Oh he doesn't ???? LAWL

UrDeviant1
04-10-2013, 08:21 PM
Oh he doesn't ???? LAWL

Nope. LOL

Assassin_M
04-10-2013, 08:25 PM
Nope. LOL
You`re so mean...LAWL i`m gonna throw a tantrum now

OK I`ll stop

UrDeviant1
04-10-2013, 08:28 PM
You`re so mean...LAWL i`m gonna throw a tantrum now

OK I`ll stop

Laughs were had that day. Thankfully I still retain working order of my legs that were threatened to be broken. LOL

Assassin_M
04-10-2013, 08:32 PM
Laughs were had that day. Thankfully I still retain working order of my legs that were threatened to be broken. LOL
Oh thank the LAWD

Spider_Sith9
04-10-2013, 08:36 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cWOwIewXLP0

*sigh* I'll never live that day down. The Price of being a hardcore AC fanboy. Funny how in hilarious in hindsight it is. I was beginning for the, revealed to be non-existent clip and now I'm not looking too hot towards Black Flag. Such irony... Starting to regret posting in this thread. Unfortunately I am a fan of Connor and I do enjoy that my anger has brought an end to the fighting.

On a side note: Diio Horn signed it.

Assassin_M
04-10-2013, 08:43 PM
On a side note: Diio Horn signed it.
So did Altair and Ezio

pacmanate
04-10-2013, 08:55 PM
"Our aim is to enlighten others about Connor's true character, how much of an impact he has made not only to the aboriginal community, but to people of all nations and creed as well, and to bring him back for an Assassin's Creed III sequel.

We’ve all seen them, the posts claiming that Connor Kenway was “too boring”, that he “lacked emotion” and that he was a “terrible Assassin” and shouldn’t have another game. We know they’re wrong.

We’ve seen the retaliations, the eloquent and well-written rebuttals and essays on what a fantastic character he is and that he is so much more then what some people think he is. It’s time to rally together and show Ubisoft that there are those of us who see the profound, unexplored potential of this character.

We know that there is so much more left to his story. It’s time to show Ubisoft that we want more of this character, that we, as fans and consumers, will support and buy another game and, most importantly, that we are willing to fight for it!

AHEM! Okay.

Firstly, you cannot know true characters, you didn't make his character.
Secondly, you just said everyone that doesn't like Connors character is "wrong". This is just stupid to say everyones opinion is wrong.
Thirdly, anyone can have unexplored potential, because you can rethink their personality if you wanted, even though it would be weird.
Fourthly, How can you know there is more to his story? He is 27 at the end of AC3. His whole fight since a teenager was to save his people. It ended with his people leaving the village. Achilles died, his father died, he read Haythams journal and felt regret and guilt. What more is there to tell? He lost everything.

Assassin_M
04-10-2013, 09:02 PM
AHEM! Okay.

Firstly, you cannot know true characters, you didn't make his character.
We`re basing off what we saw, just like how everyone else is basing their false facts and wrong opinions of him having no emotion... (Yes, an Opinion can be wrong)

Secondly, you just said everyone that doesn't like Connors character is "wrong". This is just stupid to say everyones opinion is wrong.
That`s not what she said. She said everyone saying that Connor is too boring, or lacked emotion and was a terrible Assassin is wrong. He had emotion, boring comes from the sentiment of lack of charisma and he was not a terrible Assassin. What defines a terrible Assassin ? If it`s Recklessness, Ezio had that too, if it`s failure, that`s not a measure, if it`s skill, Connor had no lesser skills and if it`s the tenets, ALL THE ASSASSINS BROKE THEM AT ONE POINT. You can dislike Connor, but saying he had no emotion or was robotic is just plain wrong

Thirdly, anyone can have unexplored potential, because you can rethink their personality if you wanted, even though it would be weird.

Fourthly, How can you know there is more to his story? He is 27 at the end of AC3. His whole fight since a teenager was to save his people. It ended with his people leaving the village. Achilles died, his father died, he read Haythams journal and felt regret and guilt. What more is there to tell? He lost everything.
Ezio had nothing left to do after AC II and we still had 2 games after that with him

I just wish people would drop this silly "he has nothing left to do" thing. Ezio had nothing to do after AC II and we had 2 games out of nowhere. so please that is a tired argument that has no base...

pacmanate
04-10-2013, 09:06 PM
I just wish people would drop this silly "he has nothing left to do" thing. Ezio had nothing to do after AC II and we had 2 games out of nowhere. so please that is a tired argument that has no base...

Everyone has emotion, he just never portrayed much hence lack of charisma and a boring persona. Defining a terrible assassin is not what we are doing. We are talking about someone who lacks personality.

Ezio did have stuff to do after AC2 and letting Rodrigo Borgia live was almost certain there was going to be a sequel. The whole game revolved around killing him, and Ezio let him go.

Assassin_M
04-10-2013, 09:09 PM
Everyone has emotion, he just never portrayed much hence lack of charisma and a boring persona. Defining a terrible assassin is not what we are doing. We are talking about someone who lacks personality.

Ezio did have stuff to do after AC2 and letting Rodrigo Borgia live was almost certain there was going to be a sequel. The whole game revolved around killing him, and Ezio let him go.
Which is practically false. how is his persona boring ? lack of charisma ?? That does not equal a boring persona and Connor does not lack personality...is that even possible ?? These are the flase facts I`m talking about...

And please, I can create any crappy excuse for Connor to come back, but you`ll still come up with an even more crappier reason why it wont work, just as I can shoot down your silly reason why Ezio`s second game is justified..it`s a matter of perspective...

silvermercy
04-10-2013, 09:12 PM
Why stoic, introvert and less charismatic characters = lack of personality? These are not the same. It's actually impossible not to have a personality.

Connor was not boring to me and many other fans. So the boring part is subjective and not a fact as always stated by various Ezio fans.

I also felt Ezio's story could have ended in ACII. And of course that's subjective. What is also subjective is reasons why Connor may or may not come back.

UrDeviant1
04-10-2013, 09:14 PM
Why stoic, introvert and less charismatic characters = lack of personality? These are not the same.

Connor was not boring to me and many other fans. So the boring part is subjective and not a fact as always stated by various Ezio fans.

I also felt Ezio's story could have ended in ACII.

This is a FAN thread about Connor. Please stop talking about Ezio. LULZ

TheHumanTowel
04-10-2013, 09:14 PM
ACB and ACR both had a boring historical story so I wouldn't say they're a good advertisement for stretching out Connor's story like they did Ezio's.

Assassin_M
04-10-2013, 09:15 PM
Why stoic, introvert and less charismatic characters = lack of personality? These are not the same.

I also felt Ezio's story could have ended in ACII. And of course that's subjective. What is also subjective is reasons why Connor may or may not come back.
I blame Ubisoft for unintentionally making Ezio the template Assassin every other Assassin should be..

When AC I came out, no one complained about Altair having a "boring" personality...

Spider_Sith9

Juno: Still, you have made a difference. And you will do so again.

Near the end of the game, LaFayette invites Connor to France.

Why stoic, introvert and less charismatic characters = lack of personality? These are not the same. It's actually impossible not to have a personality.

This. It's like saying "Jonah is boring! I like Koko more! She has more personality and charisma!"

pacmanate
Which is practically false. how is his persona boring ? lack of charisma ?? That does not equal a boring persona and Connor does not lack personality...is that even possible ?? These are the flase facts I`m talking about...

And please, I can create any crappy excuse for Connor to come back, but you`ll still come up with an even more crappier reason why it wont work, just as I can shoot down your silly reason why Ezio`s second game is justified..it`s a matter of perspective...

He has a monotone voice for one, has a lack of people skills, is rude to Achilles and doesn't appreciate all he did for him until Achilles died. At least Brotherhood made sense, the main target from AC2 lived, there was going to be a sequel. And thats just it, a crappy excuse for Connor to come back.

silvermercy
04-10-2013, 09:16 PM
This is a FAN thread about Connor. Please stop talking about Ezio. LULZ
It's in defense of Connor so that's allowed. There.
(And I personally did not bash Ezio despite this perfect opportunity).

Assassin_M
04-10-2013, 09:17 PM
ACB and ACR both had a boring historical story so I wouldn't say they're a good advertisement for stretching out Connor's story like they did Ezio's.
Hello ?? Ezio was 40 at the end of AC II, 48 at the end of ACB and 53 at the end of ACR...stretching out Ezio`s story was meaningless and I never used it as advertisement to stretch Connor`s story.
Connor is 27 at the end of AC III, a lot of things happened after the Revolution in America...

Historical Events ? check
Relevant to the character ? Check

Assassin_M
04-10-2013, 09:18 PM
He has a monotone voice for one, has a lack of people skills, is rude to Achilles and doesn't appreciate all he did for him until Achilles died. At least Brotherhood made sense, the main target from AC2 lived, there was going to be a sequel. And thats just it, a crappy excuse for Connor to come back.
His voice is only monotone during SOME parts, not the entire game, he does not lack people skills, he apologizes to Achilles and honors him.

Crappy excuse..Ezio let him live intentionally..he found peace....crappy excuse is crappy, so drop that tired argument. it`s useless and annoying. and does nothing to further this discussion, but show how biased you can be. DIFFERENT RESPECTIVE. what you perceive as a perfectly good excuse for Ezio to have come back, I see as dumb, silly and crappy. vice versa...

Eternal Reward
04-10-2013, 09:20 PM
Juno: Still, you have made a difference. And you will do so again.

Near the end of the game, LaFayette invites Connor to France.

I really hope its not a French Revolution game. What the hell side would he fight on? It wasn't a war, it was a massacre of random people by mob rule. There was a war later into it between France and Austria, and eventually other countries, but I feel like they shouldn't touch on that stuff. Its a little too controversial.

And knowing Connor, I doubt he would react well to the French populace's actions.

pacmanate
04-10-2013, 09:20 PM
His voice is not monotone for the entire game, he does not lack people skills, he apologizes to Achilles and honors him.

Crappy excuse..Ezio let him live intentionally..he found peace....crappy excuse is crappy

His voice is pretty monotone when he becomes an "adult". Ive said before when he was a teenager he was much more interesting. He apologizes to Achilles when it is too late.

Ezio let him live intentionally because as he grew up he realised that revenge would not bring his Family back, it was not a crappy excuse.

silvermercy
04-10-2013, 09:21 PM
His voice is pretty monotone when he becomes an "adult". Ive said before when he was a teenager he was much more interesting. He apologizes to Achilles when it is too late.

Ezio let him live intentionally because as he grew up he realised that revenge would not bring his Family back, it was not a crappy excuse.
It's strange but I didn't like teen Connor that much, only kid and adult.

shobhit7777777
04-10-2013, 09:21 PM

"Boring" is subjective

He can (and is) boring to some....maybe not to you or me...but arguing that Connor is boring = "false fact"....is idiotic.

Seriously, M....you REALLY need to check the employment of the following concepts in your arguments (You use them a LOT)...because a lot of the times you have a very twisted meaning of them....and it creates confusion for both parties:

1. Opinion
2. Subjective/Objective
3. Factual Information

Back OT:

This thread is clearly to show support for a specific cause (Connor's return). Posts in opposition of that cause (which add nothing new to the debate) are technically off-topic and practically belligerent.

HAD this been a thread which was made clearly to promote a debate between the two camps...then anti-Connor posts would've been appropriate IMO

Its a petition...say Yes or No and leave it at that.

I say 'Yes'. They ****ed up a potentially awesome character in Connor..he needs another game. He is quite compelling

Assassin_M
04-10-2013, 09:22 PM

Not all the time, like I said and too late ?? Achilles was still alive god dammit when he apologized..are you blind ??? wtf ????

like i said, drop that idiotic excuse of justifying Ezio`s return...it`s stupid, crappy, silly and idiotic....I made that pretty clear

TheHumanTowel
04-10-2013, 09:22 PM
Hello ?? Ezio was 40 at the end of AC II, 48 at the end of ACB and 53 at the end of ACR...stretching out Ezio`s story was meaningless and I never used it as advertisement to stretch Connor`s story.
Connor is 27 at the end of AC III, a lot of things happened after the Revolution in America...

Historical Events ? check
Relevant to the character ? Check
Connor's age is irrelevant. His story and arc is finished. Just like Ezio's was in AC2. I'd rather not have another game where we get about 2 assassination targets in total so post-revolutionary America is not for me.

pacmanate
04-10-2013, 09:23 PM
Like I said before. The Kenway Saga was already mapped. They new Edward would be after AC3. That doesn't mean there won't be another Connor game...

ACfan443
04-10-2013, 09:24 PM

Why is it that if a character doesn't have charm and charisma, he/she is automatically a bad character?
Not every character needs to be charismatic in order to be a good character, that argument is extremely overused. Take John Marston for example, he wasn't exactly a charismatic bundle of joy with personality shining in abundance, he was stoic, calculated and reserved, yet he was still a good character.

Assassin_M
"Boring" is subjective

He can (and is) boring to some....maybe not to you or me...but arguing that Connor is boring = "false fact"....is idiotic.

I think I`v just talked about that, most people call him boring because he lacks charisma, which automatically says lack of charisma = boring which is flase

pacmanate
Not all the time, like I said and too late ?? Achilles was still alive god dammit when he apologized..are you blind ??? wtf ????

like i said, drop that idiotic excuse of justifying Ezio`s return...it`s stupid, crappy, silly and idiotic....I made that pretty clear

Excuse me? Blind?
And "I made that pretty clear" Seriously who do you think you are? Like honestly.

Assassin_M
04-10-2013, 09:25 PM
post-revolutionary America is not for me.
It is for me, thank you...

Eternal Reward
04-10-2013, 09:26 PM
I wouldn't mind one more game where Connor meets his wife. I wanna see an older, more mature and grown up Connor. Kinda like Ezio in AC2 and ACR. That kinda difference.

And I want Assassin's besides him and Achilles.

pacmanate
04-10-2013, 09:26 PM
Why is it that if a character doesn't have charm and charisma, he/she is automatically a bad character?
Not every character needs to be charismatic in order to be a good character, that argument is extremely overused. Take John Marston for example, he wasn't exactly a charismatic bundle of joy with personality shining in abundance, he was stoic, calculated and reserved, yet he was still a good character.

John Marston at least had a sense of Humour.

Eternal Reward
04-10-2013, 09:27 PM
I think I`v just talked about that, most people call him boring because he lacks charisma, which automatically says lack of charisma = boring which is flase

IN YOUR OPINION it is false.

In someone else's it may not be....

God, is it that hard to grasp?

TheHumanTowel
04-10-2013, 09:27 PM
It is for me, thank you...
You have bad taste in settings then.

IN MY OPINION ofc

pacmanate
04-10-2013, 09:28 PM

He thinks everything he says is correct, its pretty irritating actually and by looking at the forums the past few days Im not the only one whose starting to get ****** off.

Assassin_M
04-10-2013, 09:30 PM

I`m sorry, but I can also that saying earth is flat is an opinion....Lack of charisma =/= boring, you can say I hated, but saying that he was boring because he lacked charisma IS FALSE...Charisma =/= a factually well written character

Assassin_M
04-10-2013, 09:31 PM
H Im not the only one whose starting to get ****** off.
speak for yourself, sonny...

silvermercy
04-10-2013, 09:31 PM
Boring is subjective, yes. But lack of charisma does not necessarily equal boring. When this opinion is stated as a FACT (lack of charisma = boring) it is false indeed.

pacmanate
04-10-2013, 09:32 PM
speak for yourself, sonny...

You sure about that?

Oh wait of course you are!

Assassin_M
04-10-2013, 09:32 PM
John Marston at least had a sense of Humour.
Oh you wanted humor, yeah..yeah that makes sense....Humor and charisma = good character..marvelous

pacmanate
04-10-2013, 09:33 PM
Oh you wanted humor, yeah..yeah that makes sense....Humor and charisma = good character..marvelous

Humour and Charisma makes for an interesting character yes

Assassin_M
04-10-2013, 09:35 PM
make*

silvermercy
That's an opinion of course. Not a fact. For example, I find mute, unexpressive and humorless serial killers in films quite interesting characters.

shobhit7777777

If only words were as black and white as mathematics

You're failing to understand that while Charisma =/= Boring......lack of Charisma can certainly = Boring

There are several facets that make a character interesting..right?
For many....Connor not being charismatic would've been more than enough to make him unappealing and uninteresting. "Interesting" differs from person to person.

Not saying that thats the only reason - people have cited his voice acting, his one dimensional reactions and his general lack of any emotion beyond his usual stoic/annoyed self....it doesn't help that the situation that Connor is put into time and again don't really shine much light on his character...or allow him to play against situations and other characters to really allow us to get to know him.

Either way....getting angry or even debating why people find him boring...is just....its pointless

Do you see me engaging you when you call out Ezio on being a generic, cliched and reckless man-ho? Nope....I can see WHY you would think so...I just disagree..and move on...its one of those things.

Pacmanate likes Chocolate...you like Vanilla...no two ways about it

Assassin_M
04-10-2013, 09:36 PM
That's an opinion of course. Not a fact. For example, I find mute and humorless serial killers in films quite interesting characters actually.
oh ztop it young lady, he doesnt has to but "imo" at za end of each post okaaaai ??? that wud be estubid...

Spider_Sith9

God, is it that hard to grasp?I think the issue here is that when people say that it's their opinion, it doesn't count for anything. Fact is: Connor fans are sadly (or fortunately according to gamers/AC fanbase) the vocal minority. So they need to fight extra hard for Connor. Especially when coming across people who in a debate just shoots down any facts of Connor positivity and it starts a loop. Almost like a certain other subject

He thinks everything he says is correct, its pretty irritating actually and by looking at the forums the past few days Im not the only one whose starting to get ****** off.I've always had issues with M. Not about this but more about the constant mocking. He seems like he always tries to get under people's skin. Most particularly mine.

silvermercy
oh ztop it young lady, he doesnt has to but "imo" at za end of each post okaaaai ??? that wud be estubid...
okaiiiiii i wilz ztop.

xD

Assassin_M
04-10-2013, 09:37 PM
If only words were as black and white as mathematics

You're failing to understand that while Charisma =/= Boring......lack of Charisma can certainly = Boring

There are several facets that make a character interesting..right?
For many....Connor not being charismatic would've been more than enough to make him unappealing and uninteresting. "Interesting" differs from person to person.

Not saying that thats the only reason - people have cited his voice acting, his one dimensional reactions and his general lack of any emotion beyond his usual stoic/annoyed self....it doesn't help that the situation that Connor is put into time and again don't really shine much light on his character...or allow him to play against situations and other characters to really allow us to get to know him.

Either way....getting angry or even debating why people find him boring...is just....its pointless

Do you see me engaging you when you call out Ezio on being a generic, cliched and reckless man-ho? Nope....I can see WHY you would think so...I just disagree..and move on...its one of those things.

Pacmanate likes Chocolate...you like Vanilla...no two ways about it
and I swear I`v talked about that as well, I kept saying different perspectives, different perspectives, different perspectives, but he kept going on and on and putting forth his opinions as facts.

I understand that subjectively, boring can = lack of charisma, what I don't get is his stance of speaking about it as fact and then saying THAT I AM the one who thinks i`m correct when most of his posts are half assed desperate attempts at trying to put forth his opinions as fact

Eternal Reward
04-10-2013, 09:38 PM
I`m sorry, but I can also that saying earth is flat is an opinion....Lack of charisma =/= boring, you can say I hated, but saying that he was boring because he lacked charisma IS FALSE...Charisma =/= a factually well written character

No, because a character with charisma may be boring to some, while lackthereof could be boring to others. The Earth is round because thats a measurable fact. How boring something is is NOT a measurable fact.

ACfan443
04-10-2013, 09:40 PM
Enjoying this.
http://i.imgur.com/NpLUwEN.gif

Assassin_M
04-10-2013, 09:41 PM
no, because a character with charisma may be boring to some, while lackthereof could be boring to others. The earth is round because thats a measurable fact. How boring something is is not a measurable fact.

i understand that subjectively, boring can = lack of charisma, what i don't get is his stance of speaking about it as fact
^

pacmanate
04-10-2013, 09:41 PM
That's an opinion of course. Not a fact. For example, I find mute, unexpressive and humorless serial killers in films quite interesting characters.

We are talking about AC. Of course mute humourless serial killers in films are interesting.

shobhit7777777
04-10-2013, 09:42 PM
and I swear I`v talked about that as well, I kept saying different perspectives, different perspectives, different perspectives, but he kept going on and on and putting forth his opinions as facts

Fair enough

Good on you for trying to maintain that...but try and refrain from getting annoyed and falling into the trap.

Besides....EVERYTHING posted by EVERYONE has a mandatory "IMO" attached at the end of - Internet Forum Rule Numero Uno.......its there but its silent ;)

Now....BEGONE Connor "haters"!!! Or I fetch the holy boomstick

silvermercy
04-10-2013, 09:42 PM
We are talking about AC. Of course mute humourless serial killers in films are interesting.
Well... Connor is a serial killer if you think about it... lol
(I was just giving an example of why stoic characters are not always boring).

Assassin_M
04-10-2013, 09:43 PM
Are you saying they can`t be interesting in AC ??

Eternal Reward
04-10-2013, 09:44 PM
Well... Connor is a serial killer if you think about it... lol
(I was just giving an example of why stoic characters are not always boring).

All AC characters are actually.......

pacmanate
04-10-2013, 09:44 PM
A mute protagonist would be boring M yes. Might as well reply to it seeing as you deleted that comment.

Assassin_M
04-10-2013, 09:45 PM
Fair enough

Good on you for trying to maintain that...but try and refrain from getting annoyed and falling into the trap.

Besides....EVERYTHING posted by EVERYONE has a mandatory "IMO" attached at the end of - Internet Forum Rule Numero Uno.......its there but its silent ;)

Now....BEGONE Connor "haters"!!! Or I fetch the holy boomstick
I guess you`re right, it was just his attitude of shooting down ANYTHING i say with things like "it was too late" that got on my nerves...

I understand that everything on the internet is an opinion, but it just sometimes rubs off the wrong way..here is a prime example, MAYBE i overreacted..

silvermercy
04-10-2013, 09:45 PM
All AC characters are actually.......
That, they are.

Assassin_M
04-10-2013, 09:46 PM
A mute protagonist would be boring M yes.
Not to me...which was my entire point

(I deleted the post, because I did not want to get into more ****)

UrDeviant1
04-10-2013, 09:50 PM
How did this all start? o_O We've got opinions flying about like nobody's business. Didn't ya'll get the memo that you're not allowed in here unless you agree with the OP?

Spider_Sith9
04-10-2013, 09:52 PM
This is pointless. I leave because Assassin fans were at war with the Templar fans and people get offended and it gets super serial about it. Now I return to yet ANOTHER war...

This is why I hate these things. It's like similar situations. Connor is an unwritten rule. A person praise him. Someone puts him down like it's fact. YOU DON'T MENTION CONNOR.

I will say this once... A character's personality does not equal the character himself. I'd rather see action than words or bodies. That's not what people see nowadays. It's like personality IS character. Almost like Story IS the game and that Gameplay is irrelevant.

Can't we get back to topic. Because Mercy seems the most sensible. Doesn't help that I like the guy. Especially seeing he's very kind to me.

shobhit7777777
04-10-2013, 09:52 PM
Holy ****

@Silvermercy@M

Nobody has claimed anything as being factual....if you do consider to to be so...its on you. Whenever someone posts that they think A is boring or B is uncharismatic..it is AUTOMATICALLY a matter of opinion...understood by ALL

Using it to pick an argument BECAUSE you're defensive of A and B...its just counterproductive to this thread

If you want this thread to stay OT....end the argument

@Pacmanate

I'm directing this to you here..but it goes to ALL the people who aren't fond of Connor

This thread is a PETITION...it is for a "cause"....it is not a thread conducive to a debate between to opposing parties. You don't like Connor...I'm cool with that....anyone is cool with that....but please understand that a petition is started by a group of likeminded people in support of achieving a mutually shared goal

Posting your thoughts counter to said cause is your right...but its impolite...leads to friction and also derails a topic

shobhit7777777
04-10-2013, 09:53 PM
I guess you`re right, it was just his attitude of shooting down ANYTHING i say with things like "it was too late" that got on my nerves...

I understand that everything on the internet is an opinion, but it just sometimes rubs off the wrong way..here is a prime example, MAYBE i overreacted..

I had a feeling you were annoyed when you stopped capitalizing the 'i's ;)

Chill out man...isn't this your place of peace?

pacmanate
04-10-2013, 09:54 PM
I don't even mind the fact that people want another Connor game. What did annoy me was the wording of the OP, stating things that they don't even know.

TheHumanTowel
04-10-2013, 09:54 PM
I always feel sorry for FireStarLuva when she makes these threads because they always get turned into ****storms but she's never involved.

Assassin_M
04-10-2013, 09:56 PM
I had a feeling you were annoyed when you stopped capitalizing the 'i's ;)

Chill out man...isn't this your place of peace?
good eye..

and yeah, this supposedly is my place of peace, but you know how it is....

Hey, Packie....you wanna kiss and make up ??

I don't even mind the fact that people want another Connor game. What did annoy me was the wording of the OP, stating things that they don't even know.
I`m sorry bestest buddy

pacmanate
04-10-2013, 09:58 PM
good eye..

and yeah, this supposedly is my place of peace, but you know how it is....Hey, Packie....you wanna kiss and make up ??

Depends if that was racism

silvermercy
@Silvermercy@M
Nobody has claimed anything as being factual....
You're right of course and I try to remember that... but what can you do when you want to defend a character in a fan thread? :/ Ignore is not an oprtion. lol
(I think Connor fans got more riled up because this is a PETITION thread).

Spider_Sith9
I always feel sorry for FireStarLuva when she makes these threads because they always get turned into ****storms but she's never involved.
Never knew FirestarLuva was female. :D

It's the price of being a Connor fan. You are always in the way of crossfire. You try to create harmony and the separate ideals create conflict. Only this time it's one-sided.

You just don't be a Connor fan. It's the rule of Assassin's Creed. There's a problem when people say Haytham should've been the protagonist and he's one of the worse characters in gaming ever. It's like the fact I liked SWTOR. I had to stop mentioning it or else someone will bash it.

Assassin_M
04-10-2013, 09:59 PM
Depends if that was racism
It probably was yeah

and this`ll probably cause something, but I never signed the petition :p

SixKeys
04-10-2013, 10:02 PM
Hey guys, what going on in this thre--

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m621hwEtCg1r2sxh6o1_400.gif

UrDeviant1
04-10-2013, 10:04 PM

It's the price of being a Connor fan. You are always in the way of crossfire. You try to create harmony and the separate ideals create conflict. Only this time it's one-sided.

You just don't be a Connor fan. It's the rule of Assassin's Creed. There's a problem when people say Haytham should've been the protagonist and he's one of the worse characters in gaming ever. It's like the fact I liked SWTOR. I had to stop mentioning it or else someone will bash it.

I love SWTOR! Have you seen the new remake they're doing of it? : http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=2Z4m4lnjxkY

I CAN'T WAIT!

Spider_Sith9
04-10-2013, 10:04 PM
It probably was yeah

and this`ll probably cause something, but I never signed the petition :pOh my...

Hey guys, what going on in this thre--

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m621hwEtCg1r2sxh6o1_400.gif
Don't ask...

I love SWTOR! Have you seen the new remake they're doing of it? : http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=2Z4m4lnjxkY

I CAN'T WAIT!Should've known. Not that I care. Especially how gimped the F2P version is. I'll stick with Guild Wars 2. I'd love to see them do it in a way they don't copy WoW though.

Eternal Reward
04-10-2013, 10:05 PM

She's a Connor Fan.......

JOKING! JOKING!

Spider_Sith9
04-10-2013, 10:10 PM
I will say this though. While I'm all for a Connor game, this does seem like a situation where it's easier to give up and, I can't believe I'm saying this, but the Wolfkin Initiative should surrender. You've seen the conflict. I mean fact is: Connor is hated THAT BAD. You've seen Pacman's post. He has reasons to defend the thread but at the same time rips Connor a new one with text. Plus Ubisoft wants money. And with AC, it seems protagonists is very important.

Why fight?

SixKeys
04-10-2013, 10:11 PM
Why fight?

Beacuse no-one else will!!

Sorry, had to. :p

ACfan443
04-10-2013, 10:13 PM
It probably was yeah

and this`ll probably cause something, but I never signed the petition :p

You must have signed it to be able to have seen Silvermercy's name?

Spider_Sith9
04-10-2013, 10:15 PM
Beacuse no-one else will!!

Sorry, had to. :p xP That actually gave me a chuckle. Funny thing is: Connor would want this. Yet all the Connor haters would be like "Nah, you suck." and then he gets killed by the Templars :P

Unfortunately, this is real life. We humans care about superficial things. Look at gamers from the 90s to modern gamers who complain about EVERYTHING. @_@

Assassin_M
04-10-2013, 10:16 PM
You must have signed it to be able to have seen Silvermercy's name?
really ?? this is what I can see

http://gyazo.com/38da38b10d65066542ade837bed95ff6.png?1365628548

You couldn't see this before you signed ??

SixKeys
04-10-2013, 10:19 PM
What's with people signing the petition under obviously fake names like Kaniehtiio? Yeah, I'm sure Ubisoft is gonna take this petition reeeeal serious when they see Ezio Auditore, George Washington and Leonardo Iloveac are backing this cause. :rolleyes:

ACfan443
04-10-2013, 10:19 PM
^I was on the mobile site. It only came up after signing.

I can't believe you haven't signed..after all that.

silvermercy
04-10-2013, 10:20 PM
You can see names before you sign.

Assassin_M
04-10-2013, 10:21 PM
^I was on the mobile site. It only came up after signing.

I can't believe you haven't signed..after all that.
I guess it works differently then, but yeah I haven't signed, because I live with this....

"Petitions don't really work" -Mr_Shade

if we get a game, happy me, if we don't...I wont cry

pacmanate
04-10-2013, 10:22 PM
300 names aren't going to do much. Also, yes they said a Connor sequel would depend on fan reaction, but think about this. You think they are going to either rush a game in 8 months for release or wait a year? Nope, they will release something in this time. Also they never said direct sequel.

Spider_Sith9
04-10-2013, 10:23 PM
What's with people signing the petition under obviously fake names like Kaniehtiio? Yeah, I'm sure Ubisoft is gonna take this petition reeeeal serious when they see Ezio Auditore, George Washington and Leonardo Iloveac are backing this cause. :rolleyes:
Diio is closer than you think btw.

Assassin_M
04-10-2013, 10:24 PM
I just want to remind people that Connor is an award winning character......just sayin`...it`s not like the guy doesn't have any fans

SixKeys
04-10-2013, 10:24 PM
Diio is closer than you think btw.

What?

UrDeviant1
04-10-2013, 10:31 PM
300 names aren't going to do much

How they perceive themselves:
http://postfiles10.naver.net/20100830_57/adoreoz_1283180108936WtLcg_jpg/300_착한몸매_adoreoz.jpg?type=w2

Actuality:
http://cache1.asset-cache.net/xc/78652338-crowd-of-people-with-arms-raised-photos-com.jpg?v=1&c=IWSAsset&k=2&d=1969796456060F55364725F892095AC6A250C16AB5B2B4C6 1B59A3F8B61174C0E30A760B0D811297

Assassin_M
04-10-2013, 10:33 PM
^ lol

Eternal Reward
04-10-2013, 10:36 PM
I just want to remind people that Connor is an award winning character......just sayin`...it`s not like the guy doesn't have any fans

Most awards are kinda pointless TBH. VGA and Gaminformer are the only two I really care about, or if their in great quantity.

Assassin_M
04-10-2013, 10:40 PM
Most awards are kinda pointless TBH. VGA and Gaminformer are the only two I really care about, or if their in great quantity.
Nonetheless, it`s still an award...what you care about is irrelevant...and btw, Game Informer gave AC III an award too...I think it was best PS3 game..I THINK

Spider_Sith9
04-10-2013, 10:43 PM
http://postfiles10.naver.net/20100830_57/adoreoz_1283180108936WtLcg_jpg/300_%EC%B0%A9%ED%95%9C%EB%AA%B8%EB%A7%A4_adoreoz.j pg?type=w2

Actuality:
http://cache1.asset-cache.net/xc/78652338-crowd-of-people-with-arms-raised-photos-com.jpg?v=1&c=IWSAsset&k=2&d=1969796456060F55364725F892095AC6A250C16AB5B2B4C6 1B59A3F8B61174C0E30A760B0D811297I don't see anything... Plus you seem snarky on a Shaun-level.

Anyway, I've already pointed this out. It's not worth fighting for. Just because "No one else will." (yes I know it was a joke but still).

So I ask again: Why do they resist?

Eternal Reward
04-10-2013, 10:48 PM
Nonetheless, it`s still an award...what you care about is irrelevant...and btw, Game Informer gave AC III an award too...I think it was best PS3 game..I THINK

I don't think it won anything from GI.....best PS3 exclusive was Journey I believe. They put him in top ten heroes though.

ACfan443
04-10-2013, 10:50 PM
http://postfiles10.naver.net/20100830_57/adoreoz_1283180108936WtLcg_jpg/300_착한몸매_adoreoz.jpg?type=w2

Actuality:
http://cache1.asset-cache.net/xc/78652338-crowd-of-people-with-arms-raised-photos-com.jpg?v=1&c=IWSAsset&k=2&d=1969796456060F55364725F892095AC6A250C16AB5B2B4C6 1B59A3F8B61174C0E30A760B0D811297

I can't see anything either

UrDeviant1
04-10-2013, 10:52 PM
Then the joke is lost on you both!