PDA

View Full Version : Blood Dragon Outrage!!!

FinchysDags
04-09-2013, 10:10 PM
So whilst the Community report all these FC3 issues and glitches and not getting any of them resolved or having any news on further patches, instead we learn exactly where the Developers time has been devoted to from the leaked Blood Dragon videos on You Tube (courtesy of the alleged Russians hacking UPlay and obtaining PC gameplay).

In my opinion the game looks awful. Instead of investing time in resolving FC3 issues, its instead been devoted to another money spinner. I for one will not be parting with any of my hard earned money on this trash (again, just a personal perrspective, I'm sure some of you will be sucked in to the retro gaming style and be prepared to open your wallets and purses).Ubisoft will need to take my wallet out of my dead cold hand on this one.

Trying to leave something constructive, fair play to Ubisoft on something unusual if it is a little outdated, circa 1980's.

If this is an April fools joke by Ubisoft then I'll just return the favour and won't buy any of their games from now on. See how the joke is returned. (Note: if this is a joke then the Developer time has been spent on formulating it rather than supporting the FC3 game. If it is an actual release as we are led to believe then thats even worse because essential developer resources have been utiltised on Blood Dragon which have been desperately required for FC3. I thought I heard somewhere that Ubisoft were looking to employ new Devs because they needed more resources. Rather than generating more money spinners, the Dev resources should have been invested in supporting FC3. That would have been a wiser long-term investment rather than generating a quick money spinner and losing many hardcore FC fans who will think twice before buying another Ubisoft game let alone any future FC Editions).

oRAZORTAILo
04-09-2013, 10:45 PM
This is wrong, they just leave us with a broken game and then they kill the franchise some more with this poor arcade game.

TheRealDrewdelz
04-10-2013, 12:57 AM
Blood Dragon also has no MP, and no editor. It could have been worth a buy if they had brought back FC3's editor and MP engine but with all of it's issues fixed, but nope. It's unfixable, even to them I believe.

Definitely not buying this trash that'll be priced around $19.99 purely for a copy-paste reskin "game" that'll probably take an hour or less to complete.

Leadstorm76
04-10-2013, 01:07 AM
19.99 thats crazy !! That's the April fool's joke.

iswim4pain
04-10-2013, 02:03 AM
I just watched the 30 minute leaked video and I can say that I would pay the whole 20 bucks especially if both islands are completely overhauled with new weapons and collectibles(and that is what appears to be happening). I would pay 30 bucks for the video I saw. But, I have an obsession with dragons soooo yeaaaaaa.

usmovers_02
04-10-2013, 03:23 AM
No map editor = not a Far Cry game = no buy.

To simplify the equation:

Made by Ubisoft = no buy.

longridr
04-10-2013, 03:46 AM
Hopefully this talk about no MP and editor is just a joke by ubisoft, because if it doesn't have it, it's doomed to fail. Unless they have some "port from FC3" feature for online play, or something.

If it's single player only, ubisoft needs to fire itself. I won't even think about checking it out. Same with countless others.

like the others said, they could have been making this game better, the way it was suppose to be, instead of working on a failure of a side project ahaha, but i guess we'll have to wait and see.

TheRealDrewdelz
04-10-2013, 04:46 AM
...especially if both islands are completely overhauled with new weapons and collectibles

You must not have watched the same video that I did, the map in Blood Dragon is extremely small and about a quarter of the size of the Rook Islands from FC3. It's not the same at all.

abig84
04-10-2013, 05:16 AM
i dont get the whole hype of this game. i love the farcry 3 single player, just played a few hours today but i have no interest in this game, it just seems kinda meh to me

Fallen-Champ
04-10-2013, 08:54 AM
If this Far Cry 3 was released on the new consoles with All DLC below.

Blood Dragon (with stuff from this game available in the Editor)
Monkey Business
Warrior / Predator / Hunter packs.
Lost Expeditions
COOP - Tides Of war

Graphics matching the PC Version
And an overhaul to the MP including Custom Player Lobbies with better options.
Vehicles, Weapons, Ziplines, Gun Turrets & A.I. available in player maps
No Grid Limit on Items and all the explosives available as on Day one of release.
Some new Multiplayer Modes
Plus a single player mission creator.

Now that would be enough reason for me to purchase a new console just for that game.

I can't see it ever happening but it would have been nice if someone out there understood that some changes and extras could have made so much difference and kept so many people happy.