PDA

View Full Version : Uplay isn't loading on AC2...

MUCHxz
04-09-2013, 03:32 PM
I've waited 5 minutes for it to load, I have quit the game and restarted loading it and still it will not load...

roostersrule2
04-09-2013, 03:39 PM
Uplay on AC3 does not even work for me haha, but I remember having to wait a bit to get onto it.

MUCHxz
04-09-2013, 03:41 PM
Well, I have business revision to do, so I might as well get to it while it loads for a century. :P
Thanks for telling me by the way.

montagemik
04-09-2013, 06:04 PM
If you try to go to the UBI-SHOP It says 'U-play is currently under Maintenance - Sorry for the inconveniance , we'll be back soon' ................ Could that be your problem ?

Soulid_Snake
04-09-2013, 06:41 PM
Important: UPLAY HAS BEEN HACKED!

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-04-09-hackers-crack-ubisofts-uplay-security-able-to-download-games-for-free

SixKeys
04-09-2013, 06:44 PM

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-04-09-hackers-crack-ubisofts-uplay-security-able-to-download-games-for-free

This incident better not have compromised the security of user accounts.

montagemik
04-09-2013, 06:55 PM

IF i were Ubisoft - I'd just ditch the PC format completely for ALL future AAA titles .............. Those Tard hackers abuse almost every game released on the format .

They think they deserve games for nothing = Give them NOTHING . Let them code/develop their own games in future .

Sushiglutton
04-09-2013, 07:07 PM
IF i were Ubisoft - I'd just ditch the PC format completely for ALL future AAA titles .............. Those Tard hackers abuse almost every game released on the format .

They think they deserve games for nothing = Give them NOTHING . Let them code/develop their own games in future .

I always pay for the games and never hack :(. Why should I be punished :confused:

DisbandedBox359
04-09-2013, 07:16 PM
i was never able to get on uplay on ac2 always just loaded up brotherhood and used it from there

montagemik
04-09-2013, 09:55 PM
I always pay for the games and never hack :(. Why should I be punished :confused:

IF it was my decision - ............ It would just be the reality you'd have to accept - Not available on your format

But that's only an IF

Black_Widow9
04-10-2013, 03:37 AM
As the Article stated:

We are aware of the issue and are working to resolve it quickly. No personal information was compromised. Uplay's PC download service will be unavailable until the problem is fixed, however all other Uplay services remain available.

ProletariatPleb
04-10-2013, 03:41 AM

Firstly it wasn't "hacked". Ubisoft left an exploit open since last year where you can directly download games off their servers and you can play it.

Secondly, it has nothing to do with user accounts, the exploit only fools the client into believing you own all the games.

Bastiaen
04-10-2013, 05:11 PM

It's not really a punishment. THe reality is that developers lose a lot of money on pc gamers. This is why so many titles don't even release on pc anymore, because it's not profitable. You may be a legitimate gamer, but I know too many pc gamers who say "I'll pirate it just to try it out, then I'll buy it if it's worth it." Rent it! Don't steal it! I swear, pc pirates are going to destroy the industry.

Mr_Shade
04-10-2013, 05:36 PM
Firstly it wasn't "hacked". Ubisoft left an exploit open since last year where you can directly download games off their servers and you can play it.

Secondly, it has nothing to do with user accounts, the exploit only fools the client into believing you own all the games.

Well said.

The above statement from Black_Widow is the official comment though - should anyone be reading...

ProletariatPleb
04-10-2013, 07:11 PM
Well said.

The above statement from Black_Widow is the official comment though - should anyone be reading...
I was typing and there was no other post then, and by the time I posted Widow had already given the official statement xD

robinthefactory
04-10-2013, 11:09 PM
I've waited 5 minutes for it to load, I have quit the game and restarted loading it and still it will not load...
It doesn't work because the Uplay is in Beta at that point. Now its not, each Ubisoft game has the newer version of Uplay. I think AC2 was the first to have it.