PDA

View Full Version : Lorne Balfe will not be scoring AC4

BATISTABUS
04-09-2013, 08:50 AM
https://twitter.com/XFX40/status/316904057778360320

https://twitter.com/Lornebalfe/status/321431315641679872

This is an interesting turn of events. I loved the scores for AC3 and TOKW, so I hope he comes back if they do a Connor sequel.

Kyd fans, don't get your hopes up.

MUCHxz
04-09-2013, 08:56 AM
I would like Kyd back, but I bet there is a new composer. Perhaps we should give him or her a shot.

roostersrule2
04-09-2013, 09:18 AM
That's disappointing unless Kyd is back, then all will be good.

ACfan443
04-09-2013, 09:44 AM
This is a surprise, I wonder who'll replace him..
I don't think it will be Kyd, my guess is that it's a new composer.

ZeldaEmblem
04-09-2013, 10:20 AM
:eek: that's a shame... I hope he returns soon though. I love the songs in AC3 and TOKW.

MasterAssasin84
04-09-2013, 10:24 AM
Maybe but we still do not know if Jesper Kydd will return ? and at any rate this new composer could be awesome ?

MUCHxz
04-09-2013, 10:43 AM
I want Jesper back, maybe somebody should ask him if he is working on it or not.

pirate1802
04-09-2013, 11:23 AM
I don't think it will be Kyd,

Why not?

MUCHxz
04-09-2013, 11:34 AM
I would very much like Jesper Kyd to come back as a composer for ACIV Black Flag.
His music was fantastic in Assassin's Creed 2, Brotherhood, and Revelations and AC1. (Lorne and Kyd worked together in Revelations)
Ambient music + Jesper Kyd = Win.

ACfan443
04-09-2013, 11:36 AM
Why not?

I'm not basing it on facts or anything, it's just a gut feeling. Plus the music from the trailers and Todd McFarlane poster preview (assuming it was created by the main composer) doesn't sound very much like Kyd's style. I'd like it to be Kyd, his music captures and compliments the worlds beautifully, AC1 and AC2's soundtracks are my favourite in the series...but I don't think it's him :/

MUCHxz
04-09-2013, 11:50 AM
One of Jesper Kyd's best:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WmlRSDglbX4

roostersrule2
04-09-2013, 12:04 PM
One of Jesper Kyd's best:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WmlRSDglbX4Ah the memories.

roostersrule2
04-09-2013, 12:08 PM
My favourite ambient track.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ms51sdZa8lE

kuled2012
04-09-2013, 12:13 PM
Disappointing.

MasterAssasin84
04-09-2013, 12:48 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5EaRHlo4B0Y

Beautiful !!

FR0ZENZiNE
04-09-2013, 01:12 PM
The music from the Todd McFarlane trailer sounds a bit like Hans Zimmer o0

ZeldaEmblem
04-09-2013, 02:09 PM
*Finger crossed for Hans Zimmer to score AC4*

Assassin_M
04-09-2013, 02:13 PM
i knew it

ACfan443
04-09-2013, 02:20 PM
*Finger crossed for Hans Zimmer to score AC4*

I hope not, he's overrated and his music is far too generic.

ArabianFrost
04-09-2013, 02:22 PM
People shouldn't be so dismayed about it. It's not like there are only 3 good composers in the world. For all you know, there may be one better than the other 3 combined.

Assassin_M
04-09-2013, 02:27 PM
People shouldn't be so dismayed about it. It's not like there are only 3 good composers in the world. For all you know, there may be one better than the other 3 combined.
Are you mad ?? to these people it`s only Jesper and everyone else sucks, to others, it`s only Lorne and everyone else sucks and then there`s the small minority that`s just okay with good music to the ear, no matter who composes....*cough*me*cough

ArabianFrost
04-09-2013, 02:29 PM
Are you mad ?? to these people it`s only Jesper and everyone else sucks, to others, it`s only Lorne and everyone else sucks and then there`s the small minority that`s just okay with good music to the ear, no matter who composes....*cough*me*cough

Of course M. You are the wisest and most all-knowing individual of this pack of dim-wits. All praise be to the greatest M :P

roostersrule2
04-09-2013, 02:29 PM
I first read this as Lorne Balfe will not be scoring IN AC4, big difference.

ArabianFrost
04-09-2013, 02:35 PM

In all seriousness, good music is good music. We don't need Balfe or anyone else to dictate what is quality music and what is not. If it conveys the atmosphere perfectly, then that's all what there is to it

ZeldaEmblem
04-09-2013, 02:36 PM

I thought not at all. :p i love his scores for The Dark Knight films, they're just pure masterpieces. but for other films I don't know if they are "overrated and far too generic" like you said (haven't watch those films yet.) anyway the scores he did for Inception was not bad either.

alright time to back on topic :p

Assassin_M
04-09-2013, 02:37 PM
In all seriousness, good music is good music. We don't need Balfe or anyone else to dictate what is quality music and what is not. If it conveys the atmosphere perfectly, then that's all what there is to it
That should just be it. give this new guy a chance (if it`s a new guy anyway) Lorne did great with AC III and Kyd did great on all his games. If Kyd comes back ? awesome, but don't cry and make it seem like the end of the world if he`s not coming back, I mean yeah, I get it, you`re fans, but that`s just silly

I-Like-Pie45
04-09-2013, 02:43 PM
It was confirmed that Tenacious D will be scoring this one a few minutes ago on Twiter.

ArabianFrost
04-09-2013, 02:44 PM
That should just be it. give this new guy a chance (if it`s a new guy anyway) Lorne did great with AC III and Kyd did great on all his games. If Kyd comes back ? awesome, but don't cry and make it seem like the end of the world if he`s not coming back, I mean yeah, I get it, you`re fans, but that`s just silly
I don't know, man. I hear people say Jesper Kyd was born, well-renowned for composing music. He couldn't have started from scratch like the new guy, could he? People need to understand that No one starts famous. You have to build up a reputation. For all you know, the new composer may be the new Hans Zimmer, but we disregarded him because we don't have any past experience with the guy. Same goes for the whole Patrice Desilètes thing. Ashraf is awesome and seems wary of the AC tenets( it's not just because of his ethnicity :P)

roostersrule2
04-09-2013, 02:48 PM
It was confirmed that Tenacious D will be scoring this one a few minutes ago on Twiter.It was also confirmed that Lil Wayne will be making the Main Theme.

Assassin_M
04-09-2013, 02:49 PM
It was confirmed that Tenacious D will be scoring this one a few minutes ago on Twiter.
That can give a lot of people a heart attack

ACfan443
04-09-2013, 02:58 PM
I thought not at all. :p i love his scores for The Dark Knight films, they're just pure masterpieces. but for other films I don't know if they are "overrated and far too generic" like you said (haven't watch those films yet.) anyway the scores he did for Inception was not bad either.

alright time to back on topic :p

This is completely on topic, we're discussing composers and their work :)
I must admit, his work on inception was pretty good, but the rest of his stuff (what I've heard from games and films) sounded generic (IMO). I guess it's all a matter of taste.
If I was to choose someone who hasn't yet worked on AC, I'd personally like the guys who scored for AC3's E3 trailer

CalgaryJay
04-09-2013, 03:04 PM
I'm also in the category of being fine with whoever does it, as long as its done well. My only concern with this news is, in my mind, it still leaves the door open to having another AC with no ambient music...which would be a huge mistake, again.

Assassin_M
04-09-2013, 03:06 PM
I'm also in the category of being fine with whoever does it, as long as its done well. My only concern with this news is, in my mind, it still leaves the door open to having another AC with no ambient music...which would be a huge mistake, again.
You think they`d do it 3 times in a row ? End story after Revelations, Entirety of AC III and now AC IV ?? they do dumb things sometimes, but not THAT much.......at least I hope :|

CalgaryJay
04-09-2013, 03:08 PM
Exactly. You'd think not, but its a troubling trend. Though the fact its a whole different crew working it gives me hope...I think?

MUCHxz
04-09-2013, 03:10 PM
We should have a thread that is a sticky to ensure the message gets across to Ubisoft to make ambient music. (Sticky = Stays at the top of the forum for ages)
Hans Zimmer did the Crysis 2 main theme, which sounded pretty good. I think his work with Inception and the Dark Knight Trilogy were good, but I don't think he'd be good for Assassin's Creed Black Flag.

roostersrule2
04-09-2013, 03:11 PM
We should have a thread that is a sticky to ensure the message gets across to Ubisoft to make ambient music. (Sticky = Stays at the top of the forum for ages)
Hans Zimmer did the Crysis 2 main theme, which sounded pretty good. I think his work with Inception and the Dark Knight Trilogy were good, but I don't think he'd be good for Assassin's Creed Black Flag.He worked with Kyd and Balfe on ACR didn't he?

MUCHxz
04-09-2013, 03:15 PM
He worked with Kyd and Balfe on ACR didn't he?

I have no clue. :P

FR0ZENZiNE
04-09-2013, 03:16 PM
He worked withh Balfe on the ACR Main Theme. You can see him in a UJam Video together.

Assassin_M
04-09-2013, 03:20 PM
I have no clue. :P
He worked with Balfe on the main theme of ACR

Edit: beaten to it

Rugterwyper32
04-09-2013, 03:20 PM
One composer I'd love to see in the AC series would be Bear McCreary. His work in Battlestar Galactica and The Walking Dead is pretty ingenious, and I'm sure he could find a way into this series and give it that neat touch of his.

roostersrule2
04-09-2013, 03:25 PM
If they need something sad, Clint Mansell is the guy.

pacmanate
04-09-2013, 03:43 PM
Wouldn't say its interesting, its only music.

nitres15
04-09-2013, 03:45 PM
i hope it isn´t Hans zimmer

jenyto
04-09-2013, 03:59 PM
I do hope for Hans Zimmer (slim chances though), absolutly loved his work on Sherlock Holmes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4-oDA9iyUiI

SixKeys
04-09-2013, 04:09 PM
I don't have any problems with Hans Zimmer's music, I just don't think his style suits AC.

I wouldn't mind if they brought back the composer of AC: Liberation, Winifred something? I was surprised by the quality of the Liberation soundtrack, it felt more "assassin-y" than any single track in AC3.

roostersrule2
04-09-2013, 04:12 PM
Not a song suited to AC but brilliant nonetheless.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iy4iQvJo24U

jenyto
04-09-2013, 04:17 PM
I don't have any problems with Hans Zimmer's music, I just don't think his style suits AC.

I wouldn't mind if they brought back the composer of AC: Liberation, Winifred something? I was surprised by the quality of the Liberation soundtrack, it felt more "assassin-y" than any single track in AC3.

I listened to it a bit just now. I don't know, it sounds nice but it's has a Techno feel, which fits even less in my opinion.

Anyway, they are all great composers.

nitres15
04-09-2013, 04:30 PM
the reason i don´t like Hans is because his music doesn´t have any strong melodies, it is just a bunch of trumpets and whatnot cranked up to 11, desperately trying to impress you.

Bastiaen
04-09-2013, 04:33 PM
This really is too bad. I love all of the AC scores, but I felt that Lorne really had something going. I felt like there was more emotion to his score than in Kyd's stuff. An Uncertain Present is so mysterious. I love the AC soundtrack most. Lorne's stuff in ACR is also amazing. He wrote the theme to ACR. Those vocals are so gorgeous. Oh, and Escape in Style from AC3, just epitomizes what is so awesome about Haytham. That, and Lorne manages to take harpsichord, which I have often thought is one of the most obnoxious instruments, and make it into an amazing thing. Around 1:40 on Welcome to Boston, the strings just start doing amazing things, really climaxing towards the end of the track. Oh gosh, I'm listening to the AC3 soundtrack right now, and each time a new track starts, I feel like it's my favorite. He did such a good job.

pirate1802
04-09-2013, 04:40 PM
Not a song suited to AC but brilliant nonetheless.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iy4iQvJo24U

This track was made of awesome!

Bastiaen
04-09-2013, 04:47 PM
This track was made of awesome!

That is amazing. I love video game soundtracks. People sometimes make fun of me for listening to them, but I think that some of our best musical talent in society is going to video games. Anybody here familiar with the Mass Effect 3 soundtrack? It's amazing.

TheHumanTowel
04-09-2013, 04:50 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sdlmwwRcfog
Jesper Kyd is greatness.

roostersrule2
04-09-2013, 05:00 PM
That is amazing. I love video game soundtracks. People sometimes make fun of me for listening to them, but I think that some of our best musical talent in society is going to video games. Anybody here familiar with the Mass Effect 3 soundtrack? It's amazing.Leaving Earth is perfect.

pirate1802
04-09-2013, 05:02 PM
That is amazing. I love video game soundtracks. People sometimes make fun of me for listening to them, but I think that some of our best musical talent in society is going to video games. Anybody here familiar with the Mass Effect 3 soundtrack? It's amazing.

Its probably weird, but most of the time I listen to videogame tracks only. And yeah Mass Effect 3's tracks are made of awesome too. All the Mass Effect games infact.

Leaving Earth is perfect.

An End Once And For All....... Dem feels!!!

jenyto
04-09-2013, 05:05 PM
Its probably weird, but most of the time I listen to videogame tracks only. And yeah Mass Effect 3's tracks are made of awesome too. All the Mass Effect games infact.

Not weird at all! That's all I listen to practically since I was in high school. I just like fitting the song to a event that happened in the game, which just makes it even more awesome.

ACfan443
04-09-2013, 05:15 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sdlmwwRcfog
Jesper Kyd is greatness.

Listening to this and immediately recalling ACB's ending when exploring the vault, so hauntingly beautiful and fitting.
You can put in all the trumpets, drums and violins and make something excessively theatrical, but it's the subtle things which have the biggest impact.

SixKeys
04-09-2013, 05:15 PM
I listened to it a bit just now. I don't know, it sounds nice but it's has a Techno feel, which fits even less in my opinion.

Anyway, they are all great composers.

Only some of it, which in a way is fitting since the whole game is supposed to be an Abstergo Entertainment product. If you think about some of the most prominent Jesper Kyd tracks like "Access the Animus" or "Venice Escape", a lot of them have a techno feel as well but they worked great in context. The ambient music in Liberation is where it's at. Listen to "Mayan Labyrinth" (or "Mayan Ruins", I forget which one), "The Docks" or "Secrets of the Bayou".

AjinkyaParuleka
04-09-2013, 05:21 PM
Pirates of the Carribean sound composer...?He might be experienced in the pirate atmosphere.

Bastiaen
04-09-2013, 05:34 PM
OOH! Mass Effect 3, The Fleets Arrive.... Just, wow...

FR0ZENZiNE
04-09-2013, 05:46 PM
@aji(blblabla whatt ever xD) It's Hans Zimmer ...

Hm. I'm really sad. At first I didn't liked Balfes work on AC so much ,but at the moment where the first samples for AC3 came out I just loved him. I hope Kyd comes back. If not i will maybe turn the music ingame off :D

Kaschra
04-09-2013, 05:58 PM
Oh, I have to say this surprised me. I thought they would continue with Balfe's music. I really like his work in Revelations and 3.
Maybe Jesper Kyd will return, or maybe a new composer.

Soulid_Snake
04-09-2013, 06:06 PM
Sad to see Lorne go, I'll admit! I doubt Kyd's returning, it looks like he's tied up up in a number of projects, that's if Ubi want him back. And another thing confirms it, I had a really funky dream, it had a annoyed looking Yves Guillemot, I asked him, this, "Is Jesper Kyd scoring AC4?", he replied, "No!".

FR0ZENZiNE
04-09-2013, 06:09 PM
Hopefully Jesper kyd. He did a great work on Darksiders 2 and AC1-Rev. I don't want to get used with a new composer every time ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nl57xFzDIM0

DisbandedBox359
04-09-2013, 07:02 PM
how could you do this to me ubisoft :( oh well hopefully see him back in the series at some point and look forward to who we get for black flag

poptartz20
04-09-2013, 07:04 PM
Pirates of the Carribean sound composer...?He might be experienced in the pirate atmosphere.

Oddly enough I thought the same thing. Haha.

But... I don't see why so many people are getting hung up on Kyd and Wolfe. Yes both great composers, but let's give some other people a chance! I'm excited to see what new songs we have to listen to in the future! Who knows they might even be the best we have heard so far!

FR0ZENZiNE
04-09-2013, 07:08 PM
The thing is that Balfe and Kyd know the atmospehre of AC and a new composer would need time to get a feeling for AC.

DisbandedBox359
04-09-2013, 07:09 PM

leaving earth gets me every time

DisbandedBox359
04-09-2013, 07:11 PM

han zimmer not do pirates? couldn't say no to that haha

poptartz20
04-09-2013, 07:13 PM
The thing is that Balfe and Kyd know the atmospehre of AC and a new composer would need time to get a feeling for AC.

Not necessarily, I doubt ubisoft is that dumb to bring in a composer who knows nothing about the world at all and tell them here now MAKE MUSIC. They have probably been working on a score for the game since the series started. Ha! No bur really if it is somebody new they have more thank likely been working with them closely or possibly even had them work or sit in with Wolfe or Kyd to get a feel of the type of music they want in a game like AC. Also the composer could be a fan of the series as well. So that's not an assumption we can make for sure.

Sushiglutton
04-09-2013, 07:14 PM
Do what Rockstar did for Max Payne 3. Let a talented band do all the music. Risky, but could be awesome!

FR0ZENZiNE
04-09-2013, 07:18 PM
@Sushi
For AC? o0 Bad idea I think.

pacmanate
04-09-2013, 07:20 PM
Sorry but to say ones better than another is ridiculous.

You never know what the other composer would do with the game he didn't write the score for.

That way you can't come to a sound conclusion.

FR0ZENZiNE
04-09-2013, 07:25 PM
BTW: Balfe is working on Beyond: Two Souls for fall but Jesper kyd has no project for fall. I think Kyd will return to AC.

jenyto
04-09-2013, 07:28 PM
BTW: Balfe is working on Beyond: Two Souls for fall but Jesper kyd has no project for fall. I think Kyd will return to AC.

I doubt they would do the recording so late.

FR0ZENZiNE
04-09-2013, 07:30 PM
The last recordings for AC3 were in August 2012 so there is still hope :D

Soulid_Snake
04-09-2013, 09:08 PM
The last recordings for AC3 were in August 2012 so there is still hope :D

Fingers crossed :)

xx-pyro
04-09-2013, 10:23 PM

His style of music ranges from Inception and Dark Knight to Pirates of the Carribean and Prince of Egypt. Generic? I can't believe I read that.

EDIT: At any rate I'd love Lorne Balfe to do the score but if not, there are lots of other good composers.

menumaxibestof
04-09-2013, 10:37 PM
I'm pretty surprised. I really thought that Balfe would return.
But that's not bad, it allows the team to give a new, fresh musical style to the series. I just hope that it is not Kyd, I really want a new composer.

Biomedical-Fire
04-09-2013, 10:53 PM
​I myself, would like to see the return of Jesper Kyd composing Black Flag. I would even like to see the composer of the Pirates movies score the game as well. But ultimately whomever they got to score the game, I hope they do a good job and are able to bring emotion to the game.

kriegerdesgottes
04-09-2013, 10:53 PM
Well I'm glad it's not Balfe but I would be much more happy to hear that Kyd is coming back.

Rugterwyper32
04-09-2013, 11:01 PM
My hope is still for an all-new composer in the series. I'm sure that it would inject new life into the series and work pretty well. Heck, I'd like different composers handling the different time periods they go to, according to the style they can manage. It would be great.

ACfan443
04-09-2013, 11:11 PM
His style of music ranges from Inception and Dark Knight to Pirates of the Carribean and Prince of Egypt. Generic? I can't believe I read that.

Most of his stuff is very similar in style. The usual histrionic orchestral compositions. There's a few soundtracks with notable differences, but not enough to make me think his style is completely varied or original, especially when compared with many other composers. And yes, I think his music is generic..

pacmanate
04-09-2013, 11:18 PM
Sorry but to say ones better than another is ridiculous.

You never know what the other composer would do with the game he didn't write the score for.

That way you can't come to a sound conclusion.

Like I said.

andrewasiedu12
04-10-2013, 12:01 AM
maybe Winifred Phillips who did the music for AC3: Liberation might do AC4

Assassin_M
04-10-2013, 12:07 AM
Like I said.
You realize no one will listen to reason right ?

TheHumanTowel
04-10-2013, 12:17 AM
Like I said.
I don't think it's unfair to compare them. If you enjoyed Kyd's past work on the series more than Balfe's then you can come to the reasonable conclusion you would have liked his work on AC3. You're saying the only way we could compare them is if they'd both written separate scores for AC3. That's not how comparisons work.

Assassin_M
04-10-2013, 12:30 AM
I don't think it's unfair to compare them. If you enjoyed Kyd's past work on the series more than Balfe's then you can come to the reasonable conclusion you would have liked his work on AC3. You're saying the only way we could compare them is if they'd both written separate scores for AC3. That's not how comparisons work.
And that`s not what he said. preference is one thing, but going out and blatantly saying one is better than the other is ridiculous, which is what he said..

TheHumanTowel
04-10-2013, 12:40 AM
And that`s not what he said. preference is one thing, but going out and blatantly saying one is better than the other is ridiculous, which is what he said..
Well when you're comparing people's talents you generally come to a conclusion about who is better........

Assassin_M
04-10-2013, 12:41 AM
you generally come to a conclusion about who is better
Which is why it is ridiculous

TheHumanTowel
04-10-2013, 12:43 AM
Which is why it is ridiculous
Having an opinion that one composer is better than another=ridiculous

okay

Assassin_M
04-10-2013, 12:44 AM
Having an opinion that one composer is better than another=ridiculous

okay
Thank you for understanding.

TheHumanTowel
04-10-2013, 12:47 AM
Thank you for understanding.
Great stuff. I guess we can expect you to stop saying AC3 is better than AC2 then seeing as it's so ridiculous to say something like that.

Assassin_M
04-10-2013, 12:53 AM
Great stuff. I guess we can expect you to stop saying AC3 is better than AC2 then seeing as it's so ridiculous to say something like that.
I never said AC III is better than AC II. in fact, i`v always made it clear that any time I say that Ezio sucks or AC II is garbage, is to just troll the AC II fanboys a bit..and every time I critique or compare and contrast both games, I start with "Every AC game is great, but I prefer this.."

Maybe....MAYBE, in the back of my head I say AC II sucks and that AC III is better and that you`re all a bunch of children, but hey, at the back of my head I also say that I have a life, so there

TheHumanTowel
04-10-2013, 12:58 AM
I never said AC III is better than AC II. in fact, i`v always made it clear that any time I say that Ezio sucks or AC II is garbage, is to just troll the AC II fanboys a bit..and every time I critique or compare and contrast both games, I start with "Every AC game is great, but I prefer this.."

Maybe....MAYBE, in the back of my head I say AC II sucks and that AC III is better and that you`re all a bunch of children, but hey, at the back of my head I also say that I have a life, so there
This is so pedantic. When people say stuff is better you should just assume it's opinion. It's stupid to expect everyone to put "in my opinion" or "my preference is" before everything. It goes without saying.

Assassin_M
04-10-2013, 12:59 AM
This is so pedantic. When people say stuff is better you should just assume it's opinion. It's stupid to expect everyone to put "in my opinion" or "my preference is" before everything. It goes without saying.
And now you`v changed the subject...

that`s a TOTALLY different issue

TheHumanTowel
04-10-2013, 01:01 AM
And now you`v changed the subject...

that`s a TOTALLY different issue
Clearly....but whatever

Jesper Kyd roolz Lorne Balfe droolz

*THIS IS AN OPINION OF A HUMAN BEING*

Assassin_M
04-10-2013, 01:03 AM
Clearly....but whatever

Jesper Kyd roolz Lorne Balfe droolz
good for you

ACfan443
04-10-2013, 01:11 AM
I don't see how comparing two composers and forming an opinion on who is better is ridiculous at all.
I think Kyd is better than Balfe.
I think Balfe is better than Zimmer.

Sure that opinion can be changed when a composer comes out with a new outstanding piece of music better than anything you've previously heard, but until then there's nothing wrong with saying who you think is better. It's all subjective of course.

Assassin_M
04-10-2013, 01:17 AM
I don't see how comparing two composers and forming an opinion on who is better is ridiculous at all.
I think Kyd is better than Balfe.
I think Balfe is better than Zimmer.

Sure that opinion can be changed when a composer comes out with a new outstanding piece of music better than anything you've previously heard, but until then there's nothing wrong with saying who you think is better. It's all subjective of course.
The problem with saying this is better or that is better is that it creates a sense of elitism and implies that an opposing opinion is inferior. (notice I said implies, you may not mean it, but it is implied;nonetheless)

Saying that, in your opinion, a composer is better than the other and saying that his music is generic, is simply ridiculing to a composer`s fans. Your implying that his fans like generic music and again, that may not be intentional, but the idea looms and it creates a more tense atmosphere of discussion and subjectivity.

an opinion is a clear preference, saying one is better than the other is anything, but...

TheHumanTowel
04-10-2013, 01:19 AM
The problem with saying this is better or that is better is that it creates a sense of elitism and implies that an opposing opinion is inferior. (notice I said implies, you may not mean it, but it is implied;nonetheless)

Saying that, in your opinion, a composer is better than the other and saying that his music is generic, is simply ridiculing to a composer`s fans. Your implying that his fans like generic music and again, that may not be intentional, but the idea looms and it creates a more tense atmosphere of discussion and subjectivity.

an opinion is a clear preference, saying one is better than the other is anything, but...
Maybe people should just stop being so sensitive about the slight implications of language.

Assassin_M
04-10-2013, 01:19 AM
Maybe people should just stop being so sensitive about the slight implications of language.
*facepalm*

Will_Lucky
04-10-2013, 01:22 AM
Huzzah Ubisoft got a good decision here.

Assassin_M
04-10-2013, 01:23 AM
Huzzah Ubisoft got a good decision here.
Because we`re very certain it was Ubisoft`s decision to not use Blafe...of course

TheHumanTowel
04-10-2013, 01:23 AM
*facepalm*
By writing that comment you have created a sense of elitism and made me feel like my comment was inferior. I demand an apology

Assassin_M
04-10-2013, 01:26 AM
By writing that comment you have created a sense of elitism and made me feel like my comment was inferior. I demand an apology
It was my full intention to make you feel inferior and create a sense of elitism, I will not apologize for something completely on purpose, sir....

I hope you cry

Will_Lucky
04-10-2013, 01:27 AM
Because we`re very certain it was Ubisoft`s decision to not use Blafe...of course

Hey even better if he gave up, that soundtrack was a disaster...

Assassin_M
04-10-2013, 01:29 AM
Hey even better if he gave up,
Indeed..

that soundtrack was a disaster...

I wouldn't want to be the sole composer of a game for such a fanbase either

Will_Lucky
04-10-2013, 01:33 AM
You don't see me complaining about Kyd, or the other great video game composers out there.

ACfan443
04-10-2013, 01:33 AM

But surely saying whether you think one thing better than the other is just a more explicit way of showing your preference?
Saying something like "I think AC3 is the best in the series" implies that it's better than any of its predecessors.

Also, isn't showing your preference indirectly implying that an opposing opinion is inferior as well?
"I prefer AC1 over AC2" (I.e I think it's better)
"I prefer AC2 over AC1" (person whose opinion is that AC1 is better, is therefore inferior)
It's indirecly implying the same thing.

Assassin_M
04-10-2013, 01:35 AM
But surely saying whether you think one thing better than the other is just a more explicit way of showing your preference?
Saying something like "I think AC3 is the best in the series" implies that it's better than any of its predecessors.

Also, isn't showing your preference indirectly implying that an opposing opinion is inferior?
"I prefer AC1 over AC2" (I.e I think it's better)
"I prefer AC2 over AC1" (person whose opinion is that AC1 is better, is therefore inferior)
It's indirecly implying the same thing.
Now you`re just picking at straws, at that, I`ll just end this here...

Assassin_M
04-10-2013, 01:36 AM
You don't see me complaining about Kyd, or the other great video game composers out there.
Lol you just solidified my point.

ACfan443
04-10-2013, 01:37 AM
Now you`re just picking at straws.

Which is what you were doing...:rolleyes:

Assassin_M
04-10-2013, 01:38 AM
Which is what you were doing...:rolleyes:
Sure, whatever you say

TheHumanTowel
04-10-2013, 01:39 AM
Now you`re just picking at straws, at that, I`ll just end this here...
How convenient you graciously ending this here also allows you to avoid addressing his points.

Assassin_M
04-10-2013, 01:39 AM
also allows you to avoid addressing his points.
I actually did..

TheHumanTowel
04-10-2013, 01:42 AM
I actually did..
That laughable paragraph about the word "better" creating a mean and not nice atmosphere and then saying "you're grasping at straws" doesn't count as addressing a point.

Assassin_M
04-10-2013, 01:43 AM
doesn't count as addressing a point.
Because you`re the self appointed "Only I say what counts" officer..

Charming

ACfan443
04-10-2013, 01:44 AM
http://i.imgur.com/NpLUwEN.gif

Will_Lucky
04-10-2013, 01:48 AM
Lol you just solidified my point.

Ehhh you didn't?

Rugterwyper32
04-10-2013, 02:56 AM
I think a great composer for the series would be Andreas Waldetoft. Jeremy Soule would be another great one to see for this series.

Assassin_M
04-10-2013, 03:05 AM
Only problem I see with another composer like Balfe coming back is that they create music like it's a movie. Kyd captured the environment with his soundtracks. Each one with their own flavor. Some were mysterious (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0hr5Z7F2RK8), some were holy (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9qX_WOD4EaI), some were nostalgic (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZJz9OGYmPvs), some were sad (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wVnzpq8nlZw), and MANY were just straight up amazing (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O0i6YFrSs6c).

Kyd, please come back.
Mysterious (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fTKTOudU6-w), sad (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LYGO4KwdUX0&list=PLpZTLuh7iREaoNGQ_USwy3GyRbntpd_OW), holy (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EtMjfaCebEo&list=PLpZTLuh7iREaoNGQ_USwy3GyRbntpd_OW&index=55), amazing (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CY2RDaMMaF8), epic ? (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qJVRv87P9Z0)

Just sayin`

Balfe, please come back ?

FR0ZENZiNE
04-10-2013, 05:45 AM
Guys ,I asked Darby McDevitt about the soudtrack. He can't tell us something about the soundtrack at this moment. Well that's confusing.

Assassin_M
04-10-2013, 05:47 AM
Guys ,I asked Darby McDevitt about the soudtrack. He can't tell us something about the soundtrack at this moment. Well that's confusing.
It`s not confusing at all, it`s typical. No one`s gonna tell you anything about anything till at least July..

TheHumanTowel
04-10-2013, 08:26 AM
Because you`re the self appointed "Only I say what counts" officer..

Charming
Whatever M. I know enough about your workings to know this will end with either you resorting to your sarcasm defense or when you realise you don't have anything else to say start claiming you were trolling "Hurrrrr seems I touched a nerv"

roostersrule2
04-10-2013, 08:54 AM
Whatever M. I know enough about your workings to know this will end with either you resorting to your sarcasm defense or when you realise you don't have anything else to say start claiming you were trolling "Hurrrrr seems I touched a nerv"Interwebz=Won.

MUCHxz
04-10-2013, 10:36 AM
Quite a shame, Lorne and Hans did a great piece here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rY6LkJ9pLhQ

Will_Lucky
04-10-2013, 01:20 PM
For all we know, the Liberations composer got a promotion.

pacmanate
04-10-2013, 01:22 PM
As long as it sounds good I don't care. I personally thought all AC soundtracks were good :S

MUCHxz
04-10-2013, 01:31 PM
Kyd made the best ambient music such as Notorious, Roman Ruins and Borgia Tower.
Kyd should be composing for Black Flag, and if he isn't it would be a shame for many, but yet a good chance to hear more from a less popular composer.
However, who wouldn't want Kyd back? (All my opinion.)

MasterAssasin84
04-10-2013, 02:11 PM
Kyd made the best ambient music such as Notorious, Roman Ruins and Borgia Tower.
Kyd should be composing for Black Flag, and if he isn't it would be a shame for many, but yet a good chance to hear more from a less popular composer.
However, who wouldn't want Kyd back? (All my opinion.)

As Lorne Balfe has said he is not working on black flag i would love to have Kyd back but i am however keeping an open mind that as fans we should give this new composer a chance, but saying that how do we not know that Kyd is not already working on AC4 ?

MUCHxz
04-10-2013, 02:24 PM
As Lorne Balfe has said he is not working on black flag i would love to have Kyd back but i am however keeping an open mind that as fans we should give this new composer a chance, but saying that how do we not know that Kyd is not already working on AC4 ?

Exactly, we need to contact Kyd. >.>

FR0ZENZiNE
04-10-2013, 03:22 PM
My body is ready. LET'S DO IT! :D Ask him on Facebook ^^

MasterAssasin84
04-10-2013, 03:24 PM
My body is ready. LET'S DO IT! :D Ask him on Facebook ^^

You can get him on Twitter :)

MUCHxz
04-10-2013, 03:26 PM
I don't have Twitter or Facebook, lol. :P

MasterAssasin84
04-10-2013, 03:33 PM
I don't have Twitter or Facebook, lol. :P

Smart Move :p lol !!

FR0ZENZiNE
04-10-2013, 03:34 PM
He's more active on facebook I think ^^

MasterAssasin84
04-10-2013, 03:36 PM
He's more active on facebook I think ^^

Well i have just looked at his twitter and his tweets are quite regular ? oh well hit on both :)

ACfan443
04-10-2013, 03:40 PM
Don't know if this has already been mentioned, but in one of his tweets he mentioned that he's working on 'state of decay' which is also to be released this year. He can't be working on two things at the same time?

I definitely think it's a new composer.

MasterAssasin84
04-10-2013, 03:44 PM
Don't know if this has already been mentioned, but in one of his tweets he mentioned that he's working on 'state of decay' which is also to be released this year. He can't be working on two things at the same time?

I definitely think it's a new composer.

I had a feeling that was the case because when i looked on his twitter feed there was no mention Assassins Creed Black Flag, i was just salvaging what little hope there was that he was returning lol.

FR0ZENZiNE
04-10-2013, 03:45 PM
State of Decay is already done and it releases soon but he has no projects for fall and usually he has two or more projects in a year.

MUCHxz
04-10-2013, 04:00 PM
People can work on two things at a time you know, like actors.
Hans Zimmer Did Crysis 2 and he also did The Dark Knight the same year.

MasterAssasin84
04-10-2013, 04:02 PM
But would have he had not mentioned it by know that he is working on a new Assassins Creed game ?

Here's a thought Brian Tyler !! he did an swesome job with MW3 the music was very dramatic.

MUCHxz
04-10-2013, 04:07 PM
But would have he had not mentioned it by know that he is working on a new Assassins Creed game ?

Here's a thought Brian Tyler !! he did an swesome job with MW3 the music was very dramatic.

Didn't a fellow forumer quote that a dev or somebody said they can't say anything about it?

Assassin_M
04-10-2013, 04:07 PM
no...not now at all...even Darby refused to say who`s the composer

FR0ZENZiNE
04-10-2013, 04:14 PM
Yep I asked Darby in twitter... Can't wait to get the first information's about the composer

MasterAssasin84
04-10-2013, 04:19 PM
no...not now at all...even Darby refused to say who`s the composer

I am very curious now ? lets hope Kyd does return...

Still i find it very ironic that something as trivial as this they can keep under wraps but a few months beofre Black Flag was announced the leaks was suffocating lol !!

Assassin_M
04-10-2013, 04:27 PM
I am very curious now ? lets hope Kyd does return...

Still i find it very ironic that something as trivial as this they can keep under wraps but a few months beofre Black Flag was announced the leaks was suffocating lol !!
The leaks are intentional...it`s very clear...if they want to keep something under wraps, they will...they kept AC I`s Modern portion under wraps till its release and everyone was like "did I buy the right game ?"

roostersrule2
04-10-2013, 04:28 PM
The leaks are intentional...it`s very clear...if they want to keep something under wraps, they will...they kept AC I`s Modern portion under wraps till its release and everyone was like "did I buy the right game ?"Indeed, Naval gameplay, Haytham etc. the list goes on.

MUCHxz
04-10-2013, 04:32 PM
Exactly, we will just have to wait, probably until E3 I presume. (Just a wild guess.)

ze_topazio
04-10-2013, 04:35 PM
The leaks are intentional...it`s very clear...if they want to keep something under wraps, they will...they kept AC I`s Modern portion under wraps till its release and everyone was like "did I buy the right game ?"

I remember several leaks and theories about the modern part way before the game release.

Assassin_M
04-10-2013, 04:40 PM
I remember several leaks and theories about the modern part way before the game release.
That was because of that X06 Demo. it showed a LITTLE BIT of the Modern day near the end....other than that, there were no leaks whatsoever..

pacmanate
04-10-2013, 09:03 PM
Mike Shinoda wrote the score for The Raid Redemption whilst working on Linkin Park's next album so don't count out a composer if hes doing one thing already.

ACfan443
04-10-2013, 09:12 PM
Mike Shinoda wrote the score for The Raid Redemption whilst working on Linkin Park's next album so don't count out a composer if hes doing one thing already.

I suppose. Oh and I loved The Raid Redemption and its soundtrack, and Living Things. He also did a bit of work on medal of honour didn't he?

That was because of that X06 Demo. it showed a LITTLE BIT of the Modern day near the end....other than that, there were no leaks whatsoever..

And even that was probably intentional

pacmanate
04-10-2013, 09:17 PM
I suppose. Oh and I loved The Raid Redemption and its soundtrack, and Living Things. He also did a bit of work on medal of honour didn't he?

And even that was probably intentional

Castle of Glass which was on Living Things was used for MoH. And it wasn't intentional, the person playing the game died because they were crap. You can see it on youtube.

ACfan443
04-10-2013, 09:37 PM
Castle of Glass which was on Living Things was used for MoH. And it wasn't intentional, the person playing the game died because they were crap. You can see it on youtube.

I've already seen it, I definitely think it was intentional. It was a demo, if they wanted they could have removed the animus interface, but chose to keep it there, probably as an attempt to build hype and get people speculating.

twenty_glyphs
04-11-2013, 04:19 AM
Interesting. Now Balfe's tweet from October where he said he was starting the next Creed adventure makes sense. He said he was in Quebec in that tweet, and The Tyranny of King Washington was developed by Ubisoft Quebec with new music composed by Balfe. Funny how we all assumed he was doing the next game as well. It would be awesome if Jesper Kyd came back, but I'm not expecting it. It would be refreshing to see someone else take a crack at the score as well. At the end of the day, it's not going to matter if they can't utilize the music properly in-game by having proper ambient background music like the first 3.5 games (until you've finished Revelations' story).

ProletariatPleb
04-11-2013, 04:23 AM
Can we have someone else already? Just because we're used to 1 guy more doesn't mean no body else should ever be given a chance, I'm fine with whoever is composing eitherway.

Biomedical-Fire
04-11-2013, 07:18 AM
I don't know if anyone has mentioned him yet or not, but I think that Jason Graves would do a decent job at scoring Black Flag. He scored the new Tomb Raider reboot in which he done an excellent job of really setting the mood for that game. He used an instrument that a sculptor created for him which allowed him to create unique and interesting sounds for different situations and characters in the game along side with the traditional music that he created for Tomb Raider.

pirate1802
04-11-2013, 08:25 AM
I don't know if anyone has mentioned him yet or not, but I think that Jason Graves would do a decent job at scoring Black Flag. He scored the new Tomb Raider reboot in which he done an excellent job of really setting the mood for that game. He used an instrument that a sculptor created for him which allowed him to create unique and interesting sounds for different situations and characters in the game along side with the traditional music that he created for Tomb Raider.

Would agree to this.

jayjay275
04-11-2013, 09:04 AM
Can we have someone else already? Just because we're used to 1 guy more doesn't mean no body else should ever be given a chance, I'm fine with whoever is composing eitherway.

I am not entirely fussed either, but I just would like ambient music.

Farlander1991
04-11-2013, 09:28 AM
I am not entirely fussed either, but I just would like ambient music.

The absence of ambient music (outside of missions) in AC3 is not related to the composer in any way though (especially considering that Balfe wrote enough of ambient music, you can listen to it all on YouTube, extracted from game files).

jayjay275
04-11-2013, 09:35 AM
The absence of ambient music (outside of missions) in AC3 is not related to the composer in any way though (especially considering that Balfe wrote enough of ambient music, you can listen to it all on YouTube, extracted from game files).

But what if I prefer Jesper Kyd's music to Lorne's music? I go play ACI, II, Brotherhood and Revelations (Not after the end of Revelations).
What if I want to listen to Balfe's music, I head to Revelations as well (Not after story) and then to ACIII, but that doesn't have ambient music. :|
I don't want to go to youtube to listen to music, I want it on my game like it should be like it's predecessors.

Farlander1991
04-11-2013, 09:43 AM
But what if I prefer Jesper Kyd's music to Lorne's music? I go play ACI, II, Brotherhood and Revelations (Not after the end of Revelations).
What if I want to listen to Balfe's music, I head to Revelations as well (Not after story) and then to ACIII, but that doesn't have ambient music. :|
I don't want to go to youtube to listen to music, I want it on my game like it should be like it's predecessors.

The point of my post was, that the choice of the composer is not directly related to appearance of ambient music in the game (it IS related in one case only - if the composer doesn't write ambient music at all, but we've already established that Balfe DID write ambient music). Even if for AC4 we get Kyd or anybody else, to write TONS of ambient music tracks, it won't mean a damn thing if the developers don't make the music play in the game.

jayjay275
04-11-2013, 10:27 AM
The point of my post was, that the choice of the composer is not directly related to appearance of ambient music in the game (it IS related in one case only - if the composer doesn't write ambient music at all, but we've already established that Balfe DID write ambient music). Even if for AC4 we get Kyd or anybody else, to write TONS of ambient music tracks, it won't mean a damn thing if the developers don't make the music play in the game.

That is where we need to presuade the developers to add it to the game, correct?

ACfan443
04-11-2013, 10:31 AM
That is where we need to presuade the developers to add it to the game, correct?

We've been quite vocal about it here, I'm sure they've heard, now it just remains to be seen whether they'll act on feedback.

jayjay275
04-11-2013, 10:38 AM
We've been quite vocal about it here, I'm sure they've heard, now it just remains to be seen whether they'll act on feedback.

We could always tweet them....

menumaxibestof
04-11-2013, 11:13 AM

I hate the main theme...

FR0ZENZiNE
04-11-2013, 01:57 PM
Many fans asked why Kyd was gone. I found the answer in an interview!

You’ve been associated with the Assassin’s Creed series over the years, why aren’t you doing the music for Assassin’s Creed III?

Well, the industry is constantly changing. Many of the big franchises have changed their composers and I think Ubisoft wanted to do the same. I’m proud of the music we created for the Assassin’s Creed series. This year I have been busy with Darksiders II, Borderlands 2 and the live action TV series Metal Hurlant Chronicles based on the Heavy Metal comics, as well as several other upcoming projects.
http://www.gameinformer.com/b/features/archive/2012/08/03/game-music-spotlight-jesper-kyd.aspx?PostPageIndex=2

So it was the choice from the developers... Maybe we will get him back if the new dev's want him back too.

overdidd
04-11-2013, 05:37 PM
hmmm interesting... I'd like to see a new composer.

jayjay275
04-11-2013, 07:11 PM
Many fans asked why Kyd was gone. I found the answer in an interview!

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/features/archive/2012/08/03/game-music-spotlight-jesper-kyd.aspx?PostPageIndex=2

So it was the choice from the developers... Maybe we will get him back if the new dev's want him back too.

So we won't see Kyd for Black Flag? D:

FR0ZENZiNE
04-11-2013, 07:17 PM
Maybe yes. It depends on the team. Its not the team from AC3 that's working on BF. There are a few from AC2 ,Rev and AC1 I think. I'm sure the dev's want him back.
http://img51.imageshack.us/img51/9553/rewalls.png

jayjay275
04-11-2013, 07:26 PM
Sounds good.

FR0ZENZiNE
04-11-2013, 07:56 PM
Let's start a petition lol