Jack_Pirate
04-09-2013, 04:45 AM
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2094766/

SaibotMK
04-09-2013, 04:48 AM
oh my god

ProletariatPleb
04-09-2013, 05:03 AM
Let's hope they don't make him a one dimensional character like the games.

Jack_Pirate
04-09-2013, 05:12 AM
Let's hope they don't make him a one dimensional character like the games.

true dat

roostersrule2
04-09-2013, 05:16 AM
I don't get it?

Jack_Pirate
04-09-2013, 05:37 AM
I don't get it?

get what? that there is an AC movie being made. and the actor is a beast?

roostersrule2
04-09-2013, 05:42 AM
get what? that there is an AC movie being made. and the actor is a beast?This was known months maybe even a year ago.

ProletariatPleb
04-09-2013, 05:43 AM
get what? that there is an AC movie being made. and the actor is a beast?
I think he meant, it's old news.

Jack_Pirate
04-09-2013, 05:50 AM
oh my bad. Im surprised more people dont talk about it

BATISTABUS
04-09-2013, 05:54 AM
Who's one dimensional?

TheBearJew32
04-09-2013, 06:19 AM
Who's one dimensional?

I think he's referring to the bartender...or at least i hope he is.

ProletariatPleb
04-09-2013, 06:21 AM
Who's one dimensional?
Deadmond.

MasterAssasin84
04-09-2013, 09:22 AM

I heard this ages ago, But i was very curious to know if the memories will be based on Altair or Ezio ?

ElDoucherino
04-09-2013, 09:32 AM
Is this the offical synopsis of the movie? If so, i'm sad...i would rather have seen them do something completely new. Or at least something that isn't as fleshed out as Desmonds story. A movie surrounding Daniel or Clay as i don't think all casual players know much about them.

Aphex_Tim
04-09-2013, 11:06 AM

Probably because Mr. Fassbender starring in the AC movie is about the only official info that we've gotten so far.
I don't even think it was confirmed that he would be playing Altair or that the story is even about Desmond and his ancestors.

Mr_Shade
04-09-2013, 11:09 AM
This was news a few months back, maybe 7? - this is why no one is currently talking about it..

Any details / cast / plot etc - should be treated as rumour, since very few details were ever released, currently the project is 'dark' - no new information is available.

silvermercy
04-09-2013, 11:14 AM
Yes, old news.
By the way... Didn't IMDB get Connor's voice actor wrong last year? And the "bartender" part doesn't sound very plausible, to me at least... If this was true, [/I]I'd actually have no interest in a rehashed script. It's better be a new assassin...

AjinkyaParuleka
04-09-2013, 02:26 PM
This was news a few months back, maybe 7? - this is why no one is currently talking about it..

Any details / cast / plot etc - should be treated as rumour, since very few details were ever released, currently the project is 'dark' - no new information is available.
Yeah,yeah.amen on the rumors but I am pretty much sure Ubi got the next movie in development and the next 2 games in making already.
Edit:Just cut out the movie part.

TRUKITTN
04-09-2013, 03:47 PM
Michael Fassbender... Oh my~

So this is real? I usually take stuff like this on IMDB with a grain of salt. The sudden, or not so sudden appearance of unadvertised films typically turn out to be false.

Personally, the news makes me uneasy. Even if Fassy has the lead role, I'm not sure a live action movie could manage to give the series justice. Whether CG or Live-Action though, the production values to do so would be unimaginible I think, and a huge gamble considering the usual success of movies based on video games. So I guess I'll just sit in a conflicted state of hopeful skepticism about this.

roostersrule2
04-09-2013, 03:50 PM

So this is real? I usually take stuff like this on IMDB with a grain of salt. The sudden, or not so sudden appearance of unadvertised films typically turn out to be false.

Personally, the news makes me uneasy. Even if Fassy has the lead role, I'm not sure a live action movie could manage to give the series justice. Whether CG or Live-Action though, the production values to do so would be unimaginible I think, and a huge gamble considering the usual success of movies based on video games. So I guess I'll just sit in a conflicted state of hopeful skepticism about this.it's real was known about 6-7 months ago that he was the lead, no more info than that unfortunately.

DisbandedBox359
04-09-2013, 07:14 PM
yeah this news has been out for a while, seeing imdb i expected more cast news or even a trailer haha

Jack_Pirate
04-09-2013, 11:24 PM

Personally, the news makes me uneasy. Even if Fassy has the lead role, I'm not sure a live action movie could manage to give the series justice. Whether CG or Live-Action though, the production values to do so would be unimaginible I think, and a huge gamble considering the usual success of movies based on video games. So I guess I'll just sit in a conflicted state of hopeful skepticism about this.

I totally disagree. It is VERY possible to do a great live-action movie

montagemik
04-09-2013, 11:41 PM
I totally disagree. It is VERY possible to do a great live-action movie

It's more than possible they Could make a great AC Movie ...........
But the problem is very few 'game to movie' transitions have ever really been made with the view it could ever BE the next groundbreaking movie event .
They usually all fail with script / acting or interpretation of source material - often over relying on special FX / 3D & CGI to carry it off well enough for a short term 'cash in'

I think Prince of Persi- sands of time as example - Wanted to be a great movie adaptation ............... but i think it was(expensive) cheap flash no substance in the end. .

So i can't blame anyone for being cautious about the AC movie

BATISTABUS
04-09-2013, 11:42 PM

The Fassbender bit has been 100% confirmed. The idea that he's playing Altair is the rumor.

If any video game series could be done justice by a film, I'd say Assassin's Creed would definitely be up there. For a series that prides itself on being plausible and is basically already filmed like a movie in the first place, it shouldn't have a problem making the transition to the big screen.

That being said, I'll just say this. I've said this in just about every thread about the AC film, but the movie will ONLY work if they do a different story. If they try to redo one of the games, not only are they wasting their time, but it will be impossible not to disappoint fans. The games are already wonderfully produced cinematic experiences in their own right, and spending billions of dollars to accomplish something lesser would be a severe waste of time and resources. If they want to do this right, they need to make a separate story with a separate Assassin. They need to do something like The Fall and The Chain; something that happens within the AC universe and can tie in with other games, but is still a stand-alone story that doesn't try to re-write what has already been put out there.

montagemik
04-09-2013, 11:54 PM
The Fassbender bit has been 100% confirmed. The idea that he's playing Altair is the rumor.

If any video game series could be done justice by a film, I'd say Assassin's Creed would definitely be up there. For a series that prides itself on being plausible and is basically already filmed like a movie in the first place, it shouldn't have a problem making the transition to the big screen.

That being said, I'll just say this. I've said this in just about every thread about the AC film, but the movie will ONLY work if they do a different story. If they try to redo one of the games, not only are they wasting their time, but it will be impossible not to disappoint fans. The games are already wonderfully produced cinematic experiences in their own right, and spending billions of dollars to accomplish something lesser would be a severe waste of time and resources. If they want to do this right, they need to make a separate story with a separate Assassin. They need to do something like The Fall and The Chain; something that happens within the AC universe and can tie in with other games, but is still a stand-alone story that doesn't try to re-write what has already been put out there.

Many of the AC fan base have never heard of anything outside the main 5 games so far ................Not everyone reads the graphic novels / novels - So that kind of variance could distance a big portion of it's target audience.
The story & it's interpretation of the games it's based on will need to be very carefully handled ................... or we end up with another lame game to screen movie venture.

BATISTABUS
04-10-2013, 12:02 AM
Many of the AC fan base have never heard of anything outside the main 5 games so far ................Not everyone reads the graphic novels / novels - So that kind of variance could distance a big portion of it's target audience.
That's why it needs to be a stand-alone story. They can still explain the Assassin-Templar struggle starting with the basics in another era and with other characters. I'm not saying it should depend on supplemental material at all.

montagemik
04-10-2013, 12:30 AM
That's why it needs to be a stand-alone story. They can still explain the Assassin-Templar struggle starting with the basics in another era and with other characters. I'm not saying it should depend on supplemental material at all.

Which is exactly what i think would be a risky decision ..An all new stand alone story ................. Kind of like making a Mortal Kombat movie that features NONE of the known Mortal Kombat characters .
Too little or nothing of what the fans are expecting - Good or Bad could kill the movie franchise on it's first outing .