PDA

View Full Version : Alright here we go AC4 PC Physic's, lets get into this

SaibotMK
04-09-2013, 04:24 AM
Alright lets just jump right into this,

Next gen AC4, better graphics, performance and physics over current gen. Let's just assume that PC is getting the next gen build of AC4, I don't think they could release it any other way. The only thing we can talk about is the physics, that is what sets apart current & next gen AC4.

We take AC3, the difference between the console & PC version of AC3 is well obviously performance, graphics, AA and resolution options etc. So nothing next gen their,

Because what is "next gen", what does that mean when the game industry says "next gen". Well it means the PS4 for example is next gen, Why & how? Well if you can find a single connected CPU/GPU/RAM unit sharing from a pool of 8Gz of DDR5 without traveling through a mobo (ie northbridge CPU to RAM etc) then you just may have found something close to what the PS4 is. Your PC might be faster, higher CPU clock speeds, better all around GPU then the PS4's, but however, your PC is still not next gen, not yet anyway :cool:.

So with a better understanding of what "next gen" means, I just have one flipping question,

What is this "next gen AC4" team doing with the physics exactly? I am not a game developer, but I can see a marketing ploy from a mile away.

You want one? ill give you one, but just one, "The Black Ship", you will find pre ordering AC4 at Gamestop among other places tells you that you will receive a Black Ship, very clearly. Now some of you know better, you are getting black sails on the Jackdaw, sure the Jackdaw could easily be labeled as a Black Ship at that point.

So that is really neither here nor their, it is just a example of this: "We are working on current and next gen AC4, we have a team working just on the next gen version of the game".

Well with 7 studios and a thousand people im sure they have a team working on just about everything, lol. So let's discuss next gen AC4 here, what the physics could apply to, ie, ballistics, explosions, cannon fire, water etc and how AC4 could be truly labeled as a next gen title for PC & PS4.

I think that if anything, console specific players would probably want to know what they are buying, what makes someone want to buy the same game for a newer system?

You know, it's just something to think about down the road, I would love to see some sick physics in AC4 for PC & PS4, not just improved graphics & performance.

ProletariatPleb
04-09-2013, 08:34 AM
Well firstly, "next-gen" is just consoles catching up to 2011 going by the specs of the PS4 atleast and a much more...saner architecture.

Now about physics, as far as I know AC uses the old havok engine for physics and as such it's not something super impressive anymore.

Ballistics in terms of naval combat is present in the form of trajectory based aiming, but I don't think beyond that there is anything more to it.
Explosions - nothing. Cannons will recoil a lot after firing is all I can think of for it.
Water will have simulation physics no doubt and from what they've said it's better than AC3(it has to be, the whole game is about the sea)

SaibotMK
04-09-2013, 10:52 PM
Well firstly, "next-gen" is just consoles catching up to 2011 going by the specs of the PS4 atleast and a much more...saner architecture.

Now about physics, as far as I know AC uses the old havok engine for physics and as such it's not something super impressive anymore.

Ballistics in terms of naval combat is present in the form of trajectory based aiming, but I don't think beyond that there is anything more to it.
Explosions - nothing. Cannons will recoil a lot after firing is all I can think of for it.
Water will have simulation physics no doubt and from what they've said it's better than AC3(it has to be, the whole game is about the sea)

Hah yea pretty much exactly, the GPU is 2011 anyway for sure, but am impressed with the RAM. GDDR5 is generally video card ram and not something you see on a motherboard, not yet anyway.

But yea either way I am happy, if all we get is just a optimized PC/PS4/720 version of the game that will kick ***, I will be satisfied with a clean port period. Yea X86 is good news, and great news for console players as that means PC game developers (everyone) will be coming out with all kinds of massive scope games for PS4 most likely, I hope . .

ProletariatPleb
04-10-2013, 12:34 AM
Hah yea pretty much exactly, the GPU is 2011 anyway for sure, but am impressed with the RAM. GDDR5 is generally video card ram and not something you see on a motherboard, not yet anyway.

But yea either way I am happy, if all we get is just a optimized PC/PS4/720 version of the game that will kick ***, I will be satisfied with a clean port period. Yea X86 is good news, and great news for console players as that means PC game developers (everyone) will be coming out with all kinds of massive scope games for PS4 most likely, I hope . .
Yeah they got GDDR5, as far as I know it's called 'G"DDR5 for a reason, lol but they're using it as RAM as well. GDDR4 is supposed to come out soon and that will be equivalent of GDDR5.