PDA

View Full Version : Black Flag next gen?

B STATS
04-08-2013, 07:32 AM
If the game is really anything like it looks in the screens (which it wont be just check the before and after release screens for FC3) this has to be a next gen release right? No way current gen can handle what it is advertising.

ProletariatPleb
04-08-2013, 08:03 AM
The first trailer was PC footage and that's why it looks good and the screens are edited, not real(Ubisoft always releases fake screenshots). But it is coming to both next gen and this gen.

d4st4n96
04-08-2013, 09:05 AM
well it will be next gen and current gen :)

ajl992008
04-08-2013, 01:49 PM
its coming on both current gen and next gen but I'm pretty sure all that the next gen versions are is just the pc versions since next gen consoles are using pc components.

pacmanate
04-08-2013, 01:54 PM
ANNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN NNNNNNNNNNNND still limited by last gen :|

ajl992008
04-08-2013, 03:06 PM
ANNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN NNNNNNNNNNNND still limited by last gen :|

you can't seriously expect them to make the game just for next gen? i don't plan on buying a ps4 on release and I guarantee its the same for the majority of people, most people tend to wait for a bit for a price drop and then purchase the next console, games companies will lose out on A LOT of money if they just produced for next gen at the start, the only exception is first party devs who have to make next gen exclusives to raise appeal for the new console, i still plan on keeping my ps3 for maybe another year, however hat being said its likely that the next ac after BF will be next gen only, despite that I bet the game will still look great regardless.

pacmanate
04-08-2013, 03:37 PM
you can't seriously expect them to make the game just for next gen?

Firstly I never even said that. Its just annoying, its why I feel bad for PC gamers constantly. And start saving now, its not hard. If you save 10 a week until December 1st you will have 270. No doubt you will have a birthday sometime between then. Ask for money for your birthday. Ask parents to pay the little money you can't pay. Sorted.

Mr_Shade
04-08-2013, 03:38 PM
hmm I think I remember seeing somewhere that the PC was the lead format for the game this time...?

TRUKITTN
04-08-2013, 03:46 PM
I really want to get it for PC, especially if the NA CE/LE has the same goodies in it as the Console versions, but I'm curious if our saved data from AC3 will be important, as my AC collection is currently on the 360. I know that saved games haven't mattered in the past games, but this time there was that whole pivot collecting and cloud connecting business.

SixKeys
04-08-2013, 03:47 PM
hmm I think I remember seeing somewhere that the PC was the lead format for the game this time...?

Does that mean PC players will get the game first this year? :rolleyes:

Mr_Shade
04-08-2013, 03:49 PM
who knows.. since the PC release date has not been announced yet.

However it should hopefully mean taking advantage of the PC's strengths no matter when ;)

I'm sure details will be announced soon on that ;)

lasha7716
04-08-2013, 03:57 PM

yeah i remember that too i think it was like devs are making game on PC and then porting on consoles or something like that

ProletariatPleb
04-08-2013, 03:59 PM
If that's the case then that would make me really happy since that's the best way to ensure quality for all the platforms.

Mr_Shade
04-08-2013, 04:16 PM
well my 'I seem to remember' - was a hint for you guys to check - it was said before ;)

ajl992008
04-08-2013, 04:20 PM
Firstly I never even said that. Its just annoying, its why I feel bad for PC gamers constantly. And start saving now, its not hard. If you save 10 a week until December 1st you will have 270. No doubt you will have a birthday sometime between then. Ask for money for your birthday. Ask parents to pay the little money you can't pay. Sorted.

i have a job..i'm 19, its not about money but i like to wait for the library to build up and there is more chance of issues with the hardware on release i wait and get a new version of the console, my ps3 is a slim, got it a lot cheaper, got games that others bought full price at less than half or even less and enjoyed them just as much, that's how I go about buying game hardware, i don't think I've ever bought any game hardware day 1, however that being said if ps4 is well priced, has a good launch line up I will see, don;t have a vita yet, waiting for a price drop then ill get one of those too, now that its got a somewhat decent library of games to buy.

KJGPlay
04-08-2013, 04:23 PM
Early adopters probably wont flock to new consoles like they did in the last due to global economic climate. Plus first release consoles invariably have things go wrong over at least the first 12 months.

I'll wait for the slim ps4, thanks.

ProletariatPleb
04-08-2013, 04:24 PM
well my 'I seem to remember' - was a hint for you guys to check - it was said before ;)
Are you really sure? I don't seem to recall they mentioned that as I would've remembered that. But my own observation - this is the first time they used PC footage for an AC trailer and that's saying something IMO.

I'll wait for the slum ps4, thanks.
Slum PS4 hahahahahahah

ajl992008
04-08-2013, 04:26 PM
Early adopters probably wont flock to new consoles like they did in the last due to global economic climate. Plus first release consoles invariably have things go wrong over at least the first 12 months.

exactly, i agree. plus everything will cost less.

ACfan443
04-08-2013, 04:30 PM
Are you really sure? I don't seem to recall they mentioned that as I would've remembered that. But my own observation - this is the first time they used PC footage for an AC trailer and that's saying something IMO.

Slum PS4 hahahahahahah

It was an article in a BUWYWL thread. A Ubisoft dev was talking about how PC will be the primary choice for development of games, and that they'll be ported to consoles.

ProletariatPleb
04-08-2013, 04:46 PM
It was an article in a BUWYWL thread. A Ubisoft dev was talking about how PC will be the primary choice for development of games, and that they'll be ported to consoles.
Hm, interesting...

ACfan443
04-08-2013, 04:58 PM
Hm, interesting...

Found it:

http://www.pcgamer.com/2013/02/27/watch-dogs-is-targeting-pc-as-lead-platform

pacmanate
04-08-2013, 05:15 PM
Watch_Dogs PC lead platform = Hell. YES.

This could mean so much better games from now on just due to the guts of the PS4 and the stripy zebra always on thing Microsoft are releasing.

pacmanate
04-08-2013, 05:16 PM

HAHAHHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Sorry.

ProletariatPleb
04-08-2013, 05:20 PM
Found it:

http://www.pcgamer.com/2013/02/27/watch-dogs-is-targeting-pc-as-lead-platform
But where does it say AC4 ._.

AherasSTRG
04-08-2013, 05:21 PM
Is this true, my beloved moderator? If it is, then I am gonna be a very happy panda.

ACfan443
04-08-2013, 05:27 PM
But where does it say AC4 ._.

One can assume,
"We expect fewer problems with porting games to the PS4 than the PS3, which had a completely different infrastructure."

It's not completely clear whether AC:BF itself will be, but it seems like they're heading in that direction now. Either way, you'll be much happier.

ProletariatPleb
04-08-2013, 05:31 PM
One can assume,
"We expect fewer problems with porting games to the PS4 than the PS3, which had a completely different infrastructure."

It's not completely clear whether AC:BF itself will be, but it seems like they're heading in that direction now. Either way, you'll be much happier.
Yes we can assume so, but the thing is this has been in development since 2011 so I'm not sure although it will save time and money if done on PC first but I'd rather get something official, not saying you're crap or anything >_>

pacmanate
04-08-2013, 05:39 PM
LAWL lets also assume we will have random events too.

ACfan443
04-08-2013, 05:43 PM
Yes we can assume so, but the thing is this has been in development since 2011 so I'm not sure although it will save time and money if done on PC first but I'd rather get something official, not saying you're crap or anything >_>

Haha. In a more recent article (again, not directly referring to AC:BF) Ubisoft devs talked about how development kits were only handed to them recently, and that they began developing next gen games a few years ago on high end PCs.
I think the article was posted here, but can't remember exactly.

montagemik
04-08-2013, 06:04 PM

My original 60gb Launchday PS3 lasted 4 yrs , 11 months .............. I've since had 2 Slim PS3 replacements :nonchalance:

dex3108
04-08-2013, 06:11 PM

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/399751/developing-for-ps4-is-a-really-pleasant-surprise-says-ubisoft-montreal/

Mallet said the PS4 architecture vindicates Ubisoft's decision to start developing its next-gen games, such as Watch Dogs (http://www.computerandvideogames.com/playstation-4/action/13057/watch-dogs/) and Assassin's Creed 4: Black Flag (http://www.computerandvideogames.com/xbox-360/action/13059/assassins-creed-4-black-flag/), early on high-end PCs."PlayStation 4 really comes as a pleasant surprise because indeed it's a very familiar architecture," he said.
"I think it's paying off for us deciding to develop on high-end PCs early. It's a less complex transition."

ProletariatPleb
04-08-2013, 06:37 PM
http://www.computerandvideogames.com/399751/developing-for-ps4-is-a-really-pleasant-surprise-says-ubisoft-montreal/
I love you dex ._.

AherasSTRG
04-08-2013, 06:46 PM
I love you dex ._.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-P6jNF5dU_UI/TTgpp3K4vSI/AAAAAAAAD2I/V4JC33e6sPM/s1600/happy2.jpg

dxsxhxcx
04-08-2013, 06:51 PM

let's see what excuse they'll use for the delay of the PC version now..

montagemik
04-08-2013, 09:42 PM
let's see what excuse they'll use for the delay of the PC version now..

PC has a smaller predicted sales revenue for AC games ................So any delay would be due to it being a secondary launch priority for Ubisoft .
( No excuse neccessary - just business )

They may surprise you & release same date as PS4 or 720

ArabianFrost
04-08-2013, 09:47 PM
PC has a much smaller predicted sales base for AC games ................So it'll be a secondary launch priority for Ubisoft . ( No excuse neccessary - just business )

Is creating PC hype conducive to delaying AC on PC? If that's the case, then Ubi is doing more harm than benefit, cause I'm sure more people pirate the game because of the delay.

d4st4n96
04-08-2013, 09:55 PM
I hope they don't delay the Pc ver. again *ac3 pc delaying had a big impact on the MP players, you can even wait 1/2h for a match)

montagemik
04-08-2013, 10:03 PM
Is creating PC hype conducive to delaying AC on PC? If that's the case, then Ubi is doing more harm than benefit, cause I'm sure more people pirate the game because of the delay.

??? More people pirate it because it's delayed ?? ........................ MMMMM Sounds like a lame excuse by cheap butthurt brats with a PC .

It's simple enough for me ......... The release date for MY format is the date they release it ON my format , I won't cry if another format gets it first.

SixKeys
04-08-2013, 10:08 PM
??? More people pirate it because it's delayed ?? ........................ MMMMM Sounds like a lame excuse by cheap butthurt brats with a PC .

We're not discussing the morality of their choice, simply the facts. PC players have been treated poorly by Ubisoft in the past. As a result of this, many of them feel entitled to pirating the game as "payback" for Ubi's policies and choices. I'm not saying it's right, just that it happens. And the more Ubi keeps screwing the PC players over, year after year, the more pirating is going to happen as a result. Ubi desperately needs to win back the trust of the PC fan base, though I'm not sure how that's even possible at this point.

ArabianFrost
04-08-2013, 10:19 PM
We're not discussing the morality of their choice, simply the facts. PC players have been treated poorly by Ubisoft in the past. As a result of this, many of them feel entitled to pirating the game as "payback" for Ubi's policies and choices. I'm not saying it's right, just that it happens. And the more Ubi keeps screwing the PC players over, year after year, the more pirating is going to happen as a result. Ubi desperately needs to win back the trust of the PC fan base, though I'm not sure how that's even possible at this point.

They can just release it on date and have a proper port, with not very effective DRM. Seriously, what else should they do? They don't have to suck up to the PC guys. Just a good port.

ajl992008
04-08-2013, 10:20 PM
i think the worst was acb, it was released in may right? i remember acr being released a couple of weeks after the console versions so its not that bad, I don't know when ac3 launched on pc, I think pc players shouldn't be that bothered if its a couple of weeks, however there should NEVER be a repeat of acb, i mean now that was bad.

ProletariatPleb
04-09-2013, 12:53 AM
i think the worst was acb, it was released in may right? i remember acr being released a couple of weeks after the console versions so its not that bad, I don't know when ac3 launched on pc, I think pc players shouldn't be that bothered if its a couple of weeks, however there should NEVER be a repeat of acb, i mean now that was bad.
AC1, AC2 and ACB all had ~6months delay, only after that did they make it a few weeks.

AherasSTRG
04-09-2013, 01:42 PM
The release date of the PC version of the Black Flag, specially, is going to be a bussiness decision. It depends not only on Ubisoft, but to Sony and Microsoft as well.
-- If the these two head companies want AC4 to be one of the "strong" launch titles for their consoles, it is possible that Ubisoft will release the PC version early, so that they can test the game and optimize it even better for the PS4 and XBOX720 releases which will definetely come later than the PS3 and the XBOX360 versions.
-- Or Ubisoft may want the game to be released along with the PS4 and XBOX720 versions altogether in order not to having to ship products for the AC franchise this year 3 times (you know, all this transporting costs some money).
-- Or, finally, the game might be released between the PS4/XBOX720 and PS3/XBOX320 releases.
In any case, I do not see the game being released first in the PC version, although it seems that that's the lead platform.
As for the "delay" in the PC version, as a reason to piracy...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ztVMib1T4T4

The delay of the PC version of AC3 was minimal, definitely not an argument for deadheads to rob a man's salary. Because, piracy is exactly that: theft, not from the company, but from the man himself that worked to build the game.
Anyways, 3 weeks ain't nothing and since we can wait for 8 months till the next game, well, 3 weeks are nothing.