PDA

View Full Version : Either I am missing something or.... (Offspring and Animus Question)

pacmanate
04-07-2013, 06:27 PM
I thought you couldn't live the memories of an Ancestor once they conceived a child? Or is this information wrong... It seemed that way for Altair and Ezio?

The wiki states that he already had a child before becoming a pirate and this is what disrupted his marriage

"By the time Edward was in his early teens, his family moved toBristol, in south-west England, where he eventually met and married Caroline Scott, a woman two years his senior,[2] and with whom he had a daughter, Jenny Kenway."

Assassin_M
04-07-2013, 06:28 PM
Yeah ? Where`s the problem ?

pacmanate
04-07-2013, 06:29 PM
Yeah ? Where`s the problem ?

Oh crap, obviously, my bad :|

ACfan443
04-07-2013, 06:31 PM
I bet this has something to do with Edward having a daughter already

ArabianFrost
04-07-2013, 06:31 PM
I thought you couldn't live the memories of an Ancestor once they conceived a child? Or is this information wrong... It seemed that way for Altair and Ezio?

Once the sperm leaves the protagonist, you can no longer relive their memories. After that, you take the role of the sperm, then a cell, then a foetus, then a human and so on and so forth until another sperm is released and fertilised.

pacmanate
04-07-2013, 06:33 PM
Once the sperm leaves the protagonist, you can no longer relive their memories. After that, you take the role of the sperm, then a cell, then a foetus, then a human and so on and so forth until another sperm is released and fertilised.

Surely you mean when an egg is fertilised and not once it leaves the protagonist. Pretty sure that means they can't masterbate due to what you said.

Edit: got this from the wiki

"By the time Edward was in his early teens, his family moved toBristol, in south-west England, where he eventually met and married Caroline Scott, a woman two years his senior,[2] and with whom he had a daughter, Jenny Kenway."

This means he already has a child before becomming a pirate?

TheHumanTowel
04-07-2013, 06:34 PM
Surely you mean when an egg is fertilised and not once it leaves the protagonist. Pretty sure that means they can't masterbate due to what you said.
It would be pretty much impossible to relive more memories once you reach their teenage years if that was the case.

Assassin_M
04-07-2013, 06:39 PM

Jenny Kenway is not Desmond`s Ancestor. the Kenway descent continues to Desmond through Haytham...just like Ezio and Clay...Ezio already had an unknown ******* child when we were playing as him

pacmanate
04-07-2013, 06:39 PM
It would be pretty much impossible to relive more memories once you reach their teenage years if that was the case.

Well it would be unless you're Connor.

ArabianFrost
04-07-2013, 06:40 PM

Edit: got this from the wiki

You seem to have misunderstood my statement. You need a sperm to fertilise the egg, therefore, you must relive the life of the only sperm that fertilises the egg. Just like toddler Connor, you can play as a sperm that braves its way against other sperms. If you don't fertilise the egg, you get desynchronised.

pacmanate
04-07-2013, 06:40 PM
Jenny Kenway is not Desmond`s Ancestor. the Kenway descent continues to Desmond through Haytham...just like Ezio and Clay...Ezio already had an unknown ******* child when we were playing as him

Ohhh that makes sense but is still kinda confusing, thanks.

ACfan443
04-07-2013, 06:41 PM

LOL. No, you're looking at this the wrong way. Memories are no longer able to be relived once the sperm leaves the protagonist, if that particular sperm goes on to create an offspring, and that offspring must be the ancestor of whoever's in the animus. (I.e the offspring's descendant)

ArabianFrost
04-07-2013, 06:41 PM

He was only a virgin, not a saint.

TheHumanTowel
04-07-2013, 06:46 PM
I always thought that instead of having the whole Sofia plot in ACR they should have just had a black screen at the end saying "Ezio later impregnated a prostitute". Loose end=tied

SixKeys
04-07-2013, 07:13 PM
Now I'm wondering what happens to an egg that's fertilized by two sperms, creating twins. Do they both become assassins?

ACfan443
04-07-2013, 07:29 PM
Now I'm wondering what happens to an egg that's fertilized by two sperms, creating twins.

That's impossible. Unless you're joking :confused:

Bashilir
04-07-2013, 07:31 PM
Now I'm wondering what happens to an egg that's fertilized by two sperms, creating twins. Do they both become assassins?

That could be interesting. Playing an AC game with an AI twin as your decoy? Yes.

kizza545
04-07-2013, 08:00 PM
I always thought that instead of having the whole Sofia plot in ACR they should have just had a black screen at the end saying "Ezio later impregnated a prostitute". Loose end=tied

ahahahahahahaha that's brilliant!

rob.davies2014
04-07-2013, 08:06 PM
I find it's easier to think about this from the point of view of the modern day and looking backwards than from working forwards from the ancestor.
An individual can remember their own memories, and the memories of his parents up until the point the individual was conceived. The individual could still have older siblings from those parents though (who would have the same memories but fewer). And the parents have the genetic memories of their parents up until they were conceived and so on. So Edward did have a child before he was a pirate, Jenny, but it's not her bloodline we're following. Because we're going from Desmond/William's side of the family we'll be able to view Edward's memories up until the point he conceived Haytham.

pacmanate
04-07-2013, 08:39 PM

Someone needs to go back to school...

I find it's easier to think about this from the point of view of the modern day and looking backwards than from working forwards from the ancestor.
An individual can remember their own memories, and the memories of his parents up until the point the individual was conceived. The individual could still have older siblings from those parents though (who would have the same memories but fewer). And the parents have the genetic memories of their parents up until they were conceived and so on. So Edward did have a child before he was a pirate, Jenny, but it's not her bloodline we're following. Because we're going from Desmond/William's side of the family we'll be able to view Edward's memories up until the point he conceived Haytham.

Yeah I get it now, but thanks :D Thing is with these things is that if you aren't on the ball when you first start to think about something like this you make a mess of things.

Poodle_of_Doom
04-07-2013, 09:38 PM
The idea is that you can only live the genetic memories of the latest child. If he had a child before he was a pirate, you can only live the memories up to that point. However, if he had another after that point, then we're all set.

Jack_Pirate
04-07-2013, 10:32 PM

Got him