PDA

View Full Version : What features do you want in AC IV and what're you expecting of the mechanics?

MUCHxz
04-07-2013, 12:07 PM
What features do you want in AC IV and what're you expecting of the mechanics?
What features do you miss from old games that you would like to see make an appearance in Black Flag?
What features that didn't make the final game in the other games do you think should be in AC IV (eg; frozen lakes, canoeing boats in the frontier) ?

AherasSTRG
04-07-2013, 12:49 PM
I believe that the AC franchise has enough mechanics to support another saga (like the Desmond saga). I hope that the advertising as "Best Hits compilation of the previous games" is true. That's what I want from an AC game altogether (oh, and good optimization for us, poor PC players).
Mostly, what I want is to implement stealth gameplay in a manner similar to the 1st game. Factions would be nice and befitting in the setting of Black Flag. As for the features that were not implemented, I believe that the random events would be nice.

MUCHxz
04-07-2013, 01:53 PM
I agree.
Random events are needed to keep the game alive and interactive, they shouldn't be forced upon you but you have a decision to take part in them.
Ambient music should also remain in all future AC games, this is what degraded me when playing AC3, I couldn't play longer when there was too much silence.
I agree, I want more stealth.

pacmanate
04-07-2013, 04:35 PM
Random events, more AI - AI interaction, talking about events in the world AS They happen depending on story. Them fixing things. But not static stuff, I want to see people having conversations about their lives and stuff.

I also want a hook for a hand.

rrebe
04-07-2013, 04:37 PM
I also want a hook for a hand.

If hook for a hand is not possible, then a hook for a smaller melee weapon would be cool too.

pacmanate
04-07-2013, 04:42 PM
If hook for a hand is not possible, then a hook for a smaller melee weapon would be cool too.

I want a hook hand so that I can use it in a similar way to the Hook Blade :P I also want a peg leg.

Assassin_M
04-07-2013, 04:44 PM
-Under water exploration replacing Tombs, as in, it`s not free to do whenever you wish..
-50 locations being a complete exaggeration..
-No random events..

MUCHxz
04-07-2013, 05:08 PM
-Under water exploration replacing Tombs, as in, it`s not free to do whenever you wish..
-No random events..

I'm guessing this is what're you're expecting M?
Plus, is it true flat-roof buildings are returning? I surely hope so. :D

Assassin_M
04-07-2013, 05:12 PM
I'm guessing this is what're you're expecting M?
Plus, is it true flat-roof buildings are returning? I surely hope so. :D
Yeah that`s pretty much what i`m expecting and maybe flat roof buildings will return..Spanish architecture had some flat roofs, expect to see that in La Habana, not Kingston, though...Kingston`s is Colonial British Architecture

MUCHxz
04-07-2013, 05:17 PM
Yeah that`s pretty much what i`m expecting and maybe flat roof buildings will return..Spanish architecture had some flat roofs, expect to see that in La Habana, not Kingston, though...Kingston`s is Colonial British Architecture

Do you expect the map to be larger than AC3, or smaller?

Assassin_M
04-07-2013, 05:20 PM
Do you expect the map to be larger than AC3, or smaller?
as big as, but quite frankly, I do not care for size...if it`ll be A LOT smaller than AC III and have Random missions and the AI of the Homestead people, then I`m ALLLL for it

MUCHxz
04-07-2013, 05:52 PM
as big as, but quite frankly, I do not care for size...if it`ll be A LOT smaller than AC III and have Random missions and the AI of the Homestead people, then I`m ALLLL for it

Well, I agree with you.
I'd prefer the story to be longer and have a better flow than ACIII's did.

pacmanate
04-07-2013, 05:58 PM
-No random events..

I agree, only because I have seen the light.

I agree with the first.
The 50 locations will be 5
and yes, obviously no random events. If there are, they will probably be so crap.

Assassin_M
04-07-2013, 06:02 PM
Well, I agree with you.
I'd prefer the story to be longer and have a better flow than ACIII's did.
Well again, to me a longer story is NOTHING without context and actual ability to hold the player`s interest for so long. any story can be long. any story can last over 30 hours, but a very small minority of stories can be master pieces and they`re more often than not rather short stories, or at least not as long as....say GTA IV for example. that one had 30 hours of story...

don't get me wrong, I don't want a 2 and a half hours of story, absolutely not. what I`d prefer is a decent 15 hour story. I`d prefer than over an average 40 hours story any day..

Also, you should just agree with my opinion, because we all know I`m right and you`re wrong anyways...right ? yeah ? haha

I`m joking btw

pacmanate
04-07-2013, 06:06 PM
I also want AC3 size cities, but with MORE buildings. AC:B had loads of land, they noticed this, and Constantinople was amazingly dense. But then AC3's cities had a fourth where it was just grass and houses that werent even close to being connected. Not to mention New Yorks fire area where okay, granted it was sorta fun to have all these weird broken structures, but there was nothing of substance to even do there.

BASICALLY, as long as the cities are dense, I don't mind how big there are. Hell even Boston to get from one end to the other takes too long for my liking, but it makes up for the grass in the west.

MUCHxz
04-07-2013, 06:08 PM
Well again, to me a longer story is NOTHING without context and actual ability to hold the player`s interest for so long. any story can be long. any story can last over 30 hours, but a very small minority of stories can be master pieces and they`re more often than not rather short stories, or at least not as long as....say GTA IV for example. that one had 30 hours of story...

don't get me wrong, I don't want a 2 and a half hours of story, absolutely not. what I`d prefer is a decent 15 hour story. I`d prefer than over an average 40 hours story any day..

Also, you should just agree with my opinion, because we all know I`m right and you`re wrong anyways...right ? yeah ? haha

I`m joking btw

Yes, I agree.
But, some games do work, for example; Kingdom Hearts can last up to 30+ hours of story and still keep you interested.
Assassin's Creed IV should be long enough to keep me interested.

MUCHxz
04-07-2013, 06:10 PM
I also want AC3 size cities, but with MORE buildings. AC:B had loads of land, they noticed this, and Constantinople was amazingly dense. But then AC3's cities had a fourth where it was just grass and houses that werent even close to being connected. Not to mention New Yorks fire area where okay, granted it was sorta fun to have all these weird broken structures, but there was nothing of substance to even do there.

BASICALLY, as long as the cities are dense, I don't mind how big there are. Hell even Boston to get from one end to the other takes too long for my liking, but it makes up for the grass in the west.

THIS
I enjoyed all the detail with the countryside of Rome, and I missed that kind of setting in ACIII. (Revelations looked amazing as well as AC I, 2 and B)
Don't get me wrong, I really liked ACIII, but it obviously did not live up to the great hype it had.

dxsxhxcx
04-07-2013, 06:19 PM
- guards attacking more often to make the combat more fluid.
- guards with new abilities (and make them use these abilities) to make the combat more challenging.
- bring the investigations back, maybe they could be used in side missions to discover new places at the sea to explore (treasure locations for example) or make new paths available during some missions.
- (optional) side storylines (that has little or nothing to do with the Assassins/Templars) like the Dark Brotherhood in Skyrim for example, to make the world feel more alive showing us that there's more happening in it other than the main plot and the events around it.

pacmanate
04-07-2013, 06:23 PM

I want them to implement tools more fluidly. Say somehow they get a system working where a tool is mapped to Y, B, X and A (on 360). This way we can get a batman thing going on where holding down left trigger and pressing YBXA lets us throw in like 4 different weapons during combat with no break in flow. Obviously attack will just be attack as normal, same for counter unless the left trigger is held.

That system could also increase what tactics to use for guards. Some might be immune to pistol shots due to heavy armour (just as an example I know there is no armour M :@), or some immune to having bait thrown at them etc.

MUCHxz
04-07-2013, 06:25 PM
- guards with new abilities (and make them use these abilities) to make the combat more challenging.
- bring the investigations back, maybe they could be used in side missions to discover new places at the sea to explore (treasure locations for example) or make new paths available during some missions.
- (optional) side storylines (that has little or nothing to do with the Assassins/Templars) like the Dark Brotherhood in Skyrim for example, to make the world feel more alive showing us that there's more happening in it other than the main plot and the events around it.

This is a good thought. I feel in Assassin's Creed the main storyline is the only thing that matters, maybe something like this good increase the length of the game. :)

Assassin_M
04-07-2013, 06:29 PM
(just as an example I know there is no armour M :@)
good boy